AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 13:12   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

Hana, don't be quite so eager to post nudes of yourself. Fanservice it may be, but a manga magazine just got in trouble over that. There's a difference between risque and risky. That they were able to secure someone means they're slowly but surely moving up, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:14   Link #42
Midonin
Last Engage

Shinobu doesn't seem to be the perfectionist type. I do like how, by putting the editors front and center, it takes on a slightly different feel from other manga-about-manga. Usually it focuses on the authors and artists, but having the business side of things is nice. Problems will arise no matter what side one's on.
Old 2013-01-30, 13:10   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

Sayuri and Hikari are here, and with that, the entire main and secondary cast has made their appearances. That has got to be one of the longest (also, only) discussions I've seen about fonts in an anime. I didn't even know Japanese had that many font variations. I wonder what they consider the equivalent of Comic Sans. Something that people use too much, ignoring even context. Also, Yuru Yuri-esque sleepwear! That's always cute.
Old 2013-01-30, 16:08   Link #44
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Eh. Noone watches this series here. Probably because it's more about really making manga journal than about moe.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 16:18   Link #45
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Eh. Noone watches this series here. Probably because it's more about really making manga journal than about moe.
It's about both of those things. And if it wasn't about the latter, shouldn't that mean it'd more popular, given this board's general attitude?

Not that any of this affects me. I'm going to keep posting even if I end up only talking to myself.
Old 2013-01-30, 18:19   Link #46
Dop
Mmmm....

Well I'm still watching this and quite enjoying it. I did like the whole thing about the typesetting and fonts contributing to the atmosphere of the manga.

I see it as being a comic 'behind the scenes' look at the industry.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 13:09   Link #47
Midonin
Last Engage

The first issue has been published, and it's mostly a success! That segment about editing and proofreading really spoke to me. Though I haven't drawn any comics, as a writer, those kinds of things are completely understandable. Wondering how you could possibly get so many things wrong, if there's enough time to correct it all. I also liked the gag of Hana being so caught up in her work she ends up eating with her pens. Wherever things go from here, releasing the first issue was the toughest part.
Old 2013-02-13, 13:09   Link #48
Midonin
Last Engage

An entire road trip condensed into three minutes. Hana's a tough boss. Her plan to include "winning an eating contest" as part of the itinerary, and the sudden arm waving censorship, made for a fun little episode. I can totally get where they're coming from when they were viewing the temple. Writers love to look at things... and then wonder how to take them apart.
Old 2013-02-13, 19:21   Link #49
Dop
Mmmm....

Road trip!! Fun episode, the bit where the monk thought it was good to see girls interested in old temples, before they started discussing how to destroy it, had me in stitches.

Arm waving censorship - maybe that could catch on instead of steam or sudden beams of light.

hitch-hiking home. Five people hitching together are never going to get a lift!!!

Last week I showed some friends of mine the copy-editing episode. They really liked it, as some of them had done copy-editing (with arcane symbols) before.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:11   Link #50
Midonin
Last Engage

I love Comiket (or the nearest equivalent) episodes. Though I've never been to a Comiket, but I've been to anime conventions, and that's... kind of the same thing? Aki's secret is revealed! Magical girls! She's doing a better job at being one than Chinatsu. I was a bit surprised to see the Dracu-Riot references, too, though when things are under the same publishers, that kind of leeway is a given.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:11   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

That escalated quickly. The office turned into a jungle overnight. (Or is it only yesterday?). I'd love to see some of the manga they're working on, especially if it requires a bunch of costumes like that. Not as dense as Teekyuu, but a fair bit of content for 3 and a half minutes.
Old 2013-03-06, 13:14   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

A-ki-ba! A-ki-ba! Viva Akihabara! The episode might have come off a little strong in the advertising department (and drew more than a few comparisons to yesterday's Love Live), but still, a highly enjoyable three minutes. Aki just can't catch a break.
Old 2013-03-13, 12:11   Link #53
Midonin
Last Engage

Booyah! Maaya Uchida is on the show! And her first attempt at drawing... was better than Nagi's in Hayate, at least. Even in three minutes, there's still a lot going on with all the different editors. Since it can't show, it has to imply (okay, some telling, some implying), and the whole thing about Aki counseling that dude for three hours sounds harsh.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:12   Link #54
Midonin
Last Engage

Ah, so this isn't the last episode. When Hana brought up character songs, the episode just clicked for me. Though I've never heard of printing them inside a manga volume, especially when there's no defined VA for a character. Maybe it got a drama CD at some point? That Hana resorted to the occult to get a comment for the book is just ridiculous enough to work. The next, and final episode looks to be about what it takes to get animated. I'm fully expecting the show to meta-loop on itself.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:07   Link #55
Midonin
Last Engage

Just as I thought - the final episode got all meta-recursive, discussing an adaptation of itself. While not as serialized as Yama no Susume, I enjoyed it. It was lighthearted and jokey, and also informative. Probably the only anime I can think of that had an extensive discussion about fonts. It also gave me another outlet to hear Makopi's voice, which is just a nice little bonus. If an anime has to be adapted into shorts, it's not such a bad thing. It's not that they have three minutes - it's what's done with them.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:23   Link #56
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, that last episode was meta...

That was a fun series, and really of the three shorts I watched over the winter season it's hard to pick a winner. Yama no Susume had perhaps the most in terms of storyline and potential. Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan was a comedy of cultural differences which outstripped its limited animation and also drove several nails into the 'imouto fetish' genre (I don't imagine OreImo 2 will feature Kirino asking Kyousuke to shave her back, for a start).

Mangirl was a very light-hearted look at the world of manga production with entertaining characters, and where else will you find an anime with an episode about proofreading?
Also, Aki was totally rocking that business ensemble....

So this is the last of the shorts I was watching to finish, and I can't place one above the other, they were all great in their own way and I enjoyed them all,

Shows like this are a good example of how the short format can work, I think.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:49   Link #57
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

this anime very cute I like to looking that

Tags
comedy, slice of life