AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 13:32   Link #781
GDB

I think SSJ2 vs SSJ was just them being lazy moreso than forgetting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 16:20   Link #782
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This movie was pretty fun. I enjoyed it. I would even rate it as one of the best DBZ movies, up there with the first Broly movie. It had a good bland of old DB humor (nice to see Pilaf's gang again) and DBZ fighting. I particularly liked the Vegeta scenes. He got to shine in this movie in more ways than one, and even exceeded Goku for a few seconds... only to be left in the dust again a few minutes later. Hopefully he'll become a Super Saiyan God as well. Bills was an entertaining antagonist (I'm reluctant to call him a villain since he really isn't a bad guy), probably the most whimsical we've seen in DBZ. I can't believe he was going to destroy Earth because he was denied a pudding

The SSJG's design was very uninspired by I liked the way the aura looked. It had a fiery feel to it other forms never had. Still pretty underwhelming overall, but I guess it's better than all those horrid fanarts of SSJ5 you can find on the net.

I'm confident they'll make a sequel since there was a big sequel hook in the movie and Battle of Gods was highly successful. They have no reason not to stop there. I for one am all for it.
Old 2013-09-17, 18:54   Link #783
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think when creating the SSJ god it's makes all Saiyans go Super Saiyan and their blue aura is transferred to the receiver while the end product is a thin all red powerful godlike saiyan.

Also I think possible the reason why she never gotten SS level is because of this ritual for the SSGod to be unleashed.

I'm really more surprised that short power burst of Vegeta can go beyond even SS3, though it drains him even more reverting him back to normal.
Old 2013-09-17, 19:08   Link #784
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I think when creating the SSJ god it's makes all Saiyans go Super Saiyan and their blue aura is transferred to the receiver while the end product is a thin all red powerful godlike saiyan.
Except the ritual said nothing about Super Saiyan. It spoke of pure hearts. If it required Super Saiyans, then Pan wouldn't work for it.

Quote:
Also I think possible the reason why she never gotten SS level is because of this ritual for the SSGod to be unleashed.
Doesn't negate anyone else's ability to go Super Saiyan. Plus, she's only 5 by the time she's next seen. Don't fault her for not being Super Saiyan yet. GT doesn't exist in this universe, so we don't know what may happen beyond the end of the manga.

Quote:
I'm really more surprised that short power burst of Vegeta can go beyond even SS3, though it drains him even more reverting him back to normal.
I still maintain that SSJ3 isn't an actual SSJ form, but just the "ultimate" version of SSJ2 (similar to what Trunks did to SSJ before Gohan attained SSJ2).
Old 2013-09-17, 19:27   Link #785
Destined_Fate

They're gonna make a sequel anyway as Bills promises to return. Whis puts him to sleep for 3 years so.... That should give them enough time to get much stronger.

Goku better keep his promise and let Vegeta go SSJG next time.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 19:31   Link #786
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Goku better keep his promise and let Vegeta go SSJG next time.
I'd hope they don't wait and let him go SSJG like... one year later (with the assumption that they use Bra instead of Goku, if there's a risk of him losing it if he participates again), so they can both train the form.

That said, I hope Pan acts adorable around Bills when they meet. She'd be 2 by then, so she'd be talking and walking (possibly flying a bit too).
Old 2013-09-17, 19:50   Link #787
sayde

Yeah. Waiting's stupid. Since Goku proved that it's possible to memorize the feeling of the form, the smart thing to do would be for everyone to take turns becoming SSJG's right now until they all memorize the feeling of the transformation and can call on that type of power at will.

But like I said...that would be the smart thing to do.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 22:10   Link #788
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

You never watch Dragonball for serious logic. It's about the fun cast of characters and the over the top action. It amuses me when people actually get into serious discussions about power levels and such.

Anyway, I liked it quite a bit. It was great seeing all the old characters again, and centering the plot around Bulma's party was a good way of getting everyone in one spot. I think of all the movies, this one ties in best with the show. Most of the others felt very stand alone, but this was like watching an episode as if the show was still airing. Admittedly though, it took me a moment to recognize some of the characters, mainly due to the age discrepancies. Some aged, some didn't, there's kids now, etc. I had to remember the timeline since it's been a bit and GT isn't official.

But if nothing else, the movie was worth it to see Vegeta dance, finally get his moment of surpassing Goku, expressing his love for Bulma, and watching Bulma slap a god in the face. At it's core I think this movie was more about companionship than fighting, seeing all of those familiar faces together and seeing how they've grown over the years with the fans. It's a franchise that has held up amazingly well over the decades, and this movie was a great reminder, reflection, and love letter to that legacy.
Old 2013-09-18, 15:55   Link #789
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
You never watch Dragonball for serious logic. It's about the fun cast of characters and the over the top action. It amuses me when people actually get into serious discussions about power levels and such.
Actually, Dragonball is more consistent and logical about its power levels than most shonen series are. You'd never see, for instance, Kuririn doing what a Saiyajin can't out of sheer willpower.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 19:47   Link #790
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think of all the movies, this one ties in best with the show. Most of the others felt very stand alone, but this was like watching an episode as if the show was still airing.
That's because this movie is actually canon and Toriyama played a big part in its development (supposedly).

-----

This movie was okay for me. Action sequences were nicely done and I enjoyed the soundtrack. There most likely will be a sequel. But it looks like the problem of saiyans monopolizing significance in the story is going to get even worse because they're implying Vegeta too will reach SSJ God. That means that only Goku and Vegeta will ultimately matter in fights from this point onwards (it's obvious they want to make Vegeta a worthy contender again), which completely sucks for the rest of the cast. Buu Saga was bad enough already in terms of character management, and I fear the character management will only worsen/decline further from here.
Old 2013-09-18, 20:56   Link #791
Destined_Fate

It does blow for the rest of the cast indeed. However since the Movies will be far apart it wont suffer from GT's issues where you received episode after episode without the old cast, but Goku really, even in sight because SPACE ADVENTURE~.

So I don't expect fans to really care that the new Movies will be pretty much about Goku and Vegeta because they're spread out.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:19   Link #792
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Still, I spent most of my childhood wondering why Gohan didn't go Super Saiyan against Buu so I accept it could have been a mistake.
He couldn't do it. He tried twice (once by accident, intentionally the next) and turned Ultimate instead. Probably because the SSJ forms tap into hidden power, and Ultimate already has all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, they at least went back and fixed it for his initial fight against Bills, but not for the ritual. It was really weird.
I think they felt editing in Ultimate Gohan would have clashed with the other SSJs. Videl at least was conceptualized to be there from the get go.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 05:54   Link #793
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
I think they felt editing in Ultimate Gohan would have clashed with the other SSJs. Videl at least was conceptualized to be there from the get go.
God forbid we let character development and canon get in the way of being FABULOUS~
Old 2013-09-20, 14:29   Link #794
anime fan99

I thought Trunks/Mai was Cute
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:39   Link #795
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

The movie is epic, Lord Bill is OP and Vegeta definitely surpass Goku, even SSJ3.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:04   Link #796
anime fan99

I forgot mention only bad thing about this Movie

First I want to say yes I know there are many voice actress playing male characters in Japan and America and 97% I do not notice the difference even knowing about the voice actress Example any Romi Park male characters

but Masako Nozawa as Goku is Clear as the sun Goku get a feminine voice More than the female characters in the movie or any anime I'm watching
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 17:57   Link #797
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So it appears that SSJ God boosts up the stats of all the saiyan's forms (base, SSJ1, SSJ2, and SSJ3). Technically, Goku could have defeated Bills if he went SSJ2 with his SSJ God augmentation.
Old 2013-09-20, 17:59   Link #798
GDB

Based on what?
Old 2013-09-20, 18:07   Link #799
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Based on SSJ1 Goku fighting roughly on par with Bills at 70%. Bills stated that Goku had absorbed the essence of the God form into his being, so even though he wasn't in the SSJ God form, his power hadn't reduced drastically.
Old 2013-09-20, 18:11   Link #800
GDB

But he could have theoretically done just as well against Bills at that point by not going SSJ. We don't know.

Also, he was likely SSJ2. They don't know how to animate SSJ2 unless they're specifically told to (ie: only when Goku explains what each level is).