*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie103 View Post
Same here . We had three maths tests today,
We had 3 maths tests too!

Quote:
I don't think I did very well in the last one
Same, it was really hard
not sure what they called now, our teachers just say SATS.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 13:57   Link #302
Rookie103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
We had 3 maths tests too!

Same, it was really hard
not sure what they called now, our teachers just say SATS.
Hm. I wonder if you sat the same tests as me.
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 14:24   Link #303
oompa loompa

i really hated school a lot. now that im out.. i miss it so much its not even funny. enjoy school while you can. trust me on this one. i am generalizing of course, im sure there are people who have good reason to hate school, but im pretty sure 90% of the people who said ' we hate school ' miss it once their out. dont know about college/uni yet
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 22:22   Link #304
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

In university, it's a hell of a lot worse. The material is far harder and sometimes the projects can be completely obscene. We're talking multiple all nighters here, a screwed up internal clock, etc. and so forth. The group projects are especially retarded. Like this one project called Rockwell Shores...OH GOD.
Old 2008-05-06, 22:39   Link #305
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
In university, it's a hell of a lot worse. The material is far harder and sometimes the projects can be completely obscene. We're talking multiple all nighters here, a screwed up internal clock, etc. and so forth. The group projects are especially retarded. Like this one project called Rockwell Shores...OH GOD.
Multiple all nighters is something that you become numb to if you just take college level classes in high school.

Bah... I just blew my AP Chemistry final today, GG..!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 10:37   Link #306
GrXoNe
^__^

I dont hate school, but i dont like school either, infact i skipp school alot :P
I only show up for lectures/test's / project meetings, other then that u can find me reading in the park
So no, once i get my bach/masters i wont miss school one bit \o/
GrXoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 07:46   Link #307
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

After highschool i done 3 years in college, im 21 now, been out of college for almost 3 years, and guess what, im now applying to go back for a year so i can then apply for Uni lol ( have to do an access course if ur out of college for more than 2 years ... or ur grades are to low), its amazing how your perspective on school changes after you get a full time job

I clearly remember my parents say when i was in highschool "enjoy it while you can, becouse after school you'll have to get a job" to which i replyed. "yea but i HAVE to go to school legaly, you can CHOOSE whether to go to work" then the usually argument starts and i dont listen ... little did i realize how true what they were saying was :P

For those of you who think going to school for 6.5 to 8 hours is bad just wait till you start working for 8 hours 5 days a week with 1 break a day and the pressure of a 'formal/grown up' environment lol

Im looking forward to going back to college, even more to when i can apply to Uni to study Japanese
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 16:13   Link #308
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarNova View Post
For those of you who think going to school for 6.5 to 8 hours is bad just wait till you start working for 8 hours 5 days a week with 1 break a day and the pressure of a 'formal/grown up' environment lol
It varies. I enjoyed my time working two jobs, but that may be because as a student I was spending practically every waking hour in the library. In hindsight it was a good time, but it was pretty painful to work through. One of my jobs has been more interesting than the other, but it's a nice change of pace. It's also easier, as the tasks you need to do and what you need to know is a lot more limited than doing four, five, or six (engineering and science majors, who's with me on six?) unrelated classes. I only worry about brain rot, as I'm underchallenged and not forced to pick up new things.

Looking to return to the academic environment for graduate studies
Old 2008-05-09, 09:31   Link #309
klowny
OH NO

so far i don't have the credits to offically to become a junior but i signed up for 10 classes (no lunch) see if they will bring it up, around june i have to take my english regents and hopefully i can pass my Math A regents, also my global history regents which will be easy. i think learning all this stuff is pointless but we have to learn it to get a good job i guess...
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 20:11   Link #310
Autumn Demon
~

I took the AP Calculus BC test on Wednesday. I needed to get a 5, but i don't think i did .
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 23:19   Link #311
nanafan
horo fan

it's my last semester in college and it's soo frustrating a 10 page paper due monday two tests tuesday, and two on wednesday. last semester i had 3 on a saturday
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 00:00   Link #312
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

School is very important for ones development in life. As for me I'm glad I went to school as many of my best friends in my life I met in through school. Sure I hate school quite a bit, but I know its something I have to do and its not all that bad in my opinion. I've learned many interesting things from school and school has given me much expierence in one of my great passions in life, ART. My paintingc and drawing skills have improved greatly through the years of taking art classes in my high school. So I actually owe a lot to going to school. I've actually become good friends with some of my teachers.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 04:41   Link #313
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*sigh of relief*
Had to let that out ^_^ School finally over, and just had graduation today, such a wonderful feeling Must have as much fun this summer as possible before the dreaded continuation of schooling comes in the fall..........

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:03   Link #314
nanafan
horo fan

i am one of those people on the five year plan for college, i graduate on friday. i am excited, but also scared about what to do next. i am definitely going to miss all the fun things i did while at college. it's like there's a part of me that wants to stay and another that doesn't. meh with exams i am sooo burnt out, that i don't even want to study anymore, but i will.
Old 2008-06-07, 16:28   Link #315
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Anyone took the SAT today? I think I did pretty bad on it and well at least the bright side is that I am going to take it again, then again that might not be good thing. Also to top it of all I am really pissed right now, I just had to reformat my computer and all my images, anime, and games are all gone , but still it might be sign that I should study .
Old 2008-06-07, 18:07   Link #316
nanafan
horo fan

i never took the SAT, took the ACT. What sucked about that test is that I felt like I didn't know anything that they asked me. I am done with college, and I don't think I plan on going to grad school, unless I get a job that pays me for it. Other than, now I am job hunting...weee of in the real world now...yay
Old 2008-06-07, 18:37   Link #317
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Anyone took the SAT today? I think I did pretty bad on it and well at least the bright side is that I am going to take it again, then again that might not be good thing. Also to top it of all I am really pissed right now, I just had to reformat my computer and all my images, anime, and games are all gone , but still it might be sign that I should study .
Study for the SAT Reasoning? It might be a good investment of time, depending on how high your score is. If you already know your score is above 2200, then don't bother with studying. Get a good night's sleep and pray that your mind will stay focused enough to not make dumb mistakes.

If you tell me more about your strengths/weaknesses or your practice scores, I can probably help you out more.

I have to agree with nanafan though, generally, people (like me) do better on the ACT vs the SAT.
Old 2008-06-08, 08:59   Link #318
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Study for the SAT Reasoning? It might be a good investment of time, depending on how high your score is. If you already know your score is above 2200, then don't bother with studying. Get a good night's sleep and pray that your mind will stay focused enough to not make dumb mistakes.

If you tell me more about your strengths/weaknesses or your practice scores, I can probably help you out more.

I have to agree with nanafan though, generally, people (like me) do better on the ACT vs the SAT.
Well my weakness is just writing section in general, it juts takes me too long to solve one problem and in the end I have to rush it. My biggest strength is math, most of the stuff in SAT are very easy and I have no trouble with it. Also I am going to take ACT too so any advice on that too? Though my god if I get 2200 I would be so happy but most likely it will be under 1700.
Old 2008-06-08, 16:30   Link #319
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well my weakness is just writing section in general, it juts takes me too long to solve one problem and in the end I have to rush it. My biggest strength is math, most of the stuff in SAT are very easy and I have no trouble with it. Also I am going to take ACT too so any advice on that too? Though my god if I get 2200 I would be so happy but most likely it will be under 1700.

If you have a lot of trouble finishing the SAT sections in time, I actually wouldn't recommend taking the ACT. The only problem that I had on the ACT was that I almost didn't have enough time to finish the test. I was rushing the entire time. I finish SAT sections in nearly half the time that they give you.

If you can just memorize the raw grammar, your score will improve by a lot on the SAT. The ACT actually tests writing in context and gives you an advantage if you have a lot of experience writing.

The best advice I can give you is to get a prep book. It didn't really work for me (2050 to 2150), but other people say it really helps.
Old 2008-06-08, 17:53   Link #320
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
If you have a lot of trouble finishing the SAT sections in time, I actually wouldn't recommend taking the ACT. The only problem that I had on the ACT was that I almost didn't have enough time to finish the test. I was rushing the entire time. I finish SAT sections in nearly half the time that they give you.

If you can just memorize the raw grammar, your score will improve by a lot on the SAT. The ACT actually tests writing in context and gives you an advantage if you have a lot of experience writing.

The best advice I can give you is to get a prep book. It didn't really work for me (2050 to 2150), but other people say it really helps.
Thanks for the advice, and it seem that I will do worse in the ACT writing section . Though usually I didn't had any trouble finishing it in time for the SAT, it's just that I studied the writing section only before and basically the way I did writing section changed. I will try your method of memorizing raw grammar.