Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-18, 13:38   Link #381
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Written by Seo Kouji, who's the author of Suzuka, this is a new series published by Kodansha, and serialized in Weekly Shounen Magazine.

Anyway, enough with the intro...

Spoiler for image:

Brief synopsis: Main girl (Honoka-look-alike) moves into Main guy (Yamato-look-alike)'s home, which is in the suburban area, because she wanted to go to the high school there. Main girl was from Tokyo originally, but because she came to this place before when she was young and really liked it, she decided to go back here for high school.

Basically the story will be about these 2 people living together (main guy doesn't really like the main girl at first), and there will be a triangle relationship with a Suzuka-look-alike (girl whom main guy likes).

Sorry, I will update with their names when english translations come out, but at this point that's the best I can do as far as the story goes.
well...i think the story is a bit like the relationship between Kawamura Futaba and Kamiyama Yuuki from SALAD DAYS...living together and the main guy doesn't like the main girl at first...

and the artwork are a bit similiar too with SALAD DAYS.

thats why i have to try this manga!
MINAMI KOTARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 02:49   Link #382
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Is it just me struggling to get into this? I was hoping for a much stronger plot than what has come so far
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 09:11   Link #383
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Is it just me struggling to get into this? I was hoping for a much stronger plot than what has come so far
No I'm feeling the same, the plot as a whole so far was pretty weak but once you're even just half in a series that is still enjoyable you stay to hope for more i guess
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 09:16   Link #384
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It seems to be a slow developing plot but the characters and their interactions are great.

Spoiler for Chapter 36:
Old 2009-02-20, 10:08   Link #385
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It seems to be a slow developing plot but the characters and their interactions are great.

Spoiler for Chapter 36:
Spoiler for for chapter 36:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 10:55   Link #386
LCeh

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 12:18   Link #387
oDin01

Quote:
Spoiler:
I do think it will be opposite. Nanami looked upset at the end of the chapter. Haruto wasn't exactly honest when he said he didn't know what happened to Eba after her trip to Tokyo in the previous chapter or two. I don't even think she knew that Haruto went with Eba to Tokyo cause he only said something came up when he didn't go on a date with her. That's why Nanami looked puzzled when Rin told her about Eba and Haruto. My guess a twice rejected Haruto will get some support from Eba in the next chapter.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 13:33   Link #388
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for festival:
Old 2009-02-20, 19:43   Link #389
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Chapter 36+:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for festival:
Spoiler for Chapter 36+:
Old 2009-02-21, 09:12   Link #390
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Nanami sure had that typical 'i knew it all along' - look on her face but as freeter mentioned before she's not someone to quarrel about the matter, i even see her at some point at the festival encouraging Haruto to see Eba, which most probably will be at the lake of course.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 07:54   Link #391
oDin01

Spoiler:
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 10:02   Link #392
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think the pairing of Haruto & Eba at the end is kind of obvious, as it is with most series of this genre.
Old 2009-02-25, 05:35   Link #393
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

well don't put the cart before the horse. that does seem reasonable and likely but we may get a really nasty (or happy for the fan of some other girl) surprise a'la ichigo 100%.
Old 2009-02-25, 08:29   Link #394
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I didn't read/see Ichigo 100%. Perhaps I'll add it to my list since it sounds surprising. But one common thing is the girl who makes the lunches and who is otherwise perfect gets dumped for the other girl who the protagonist truly cares for. I've probably been reading/watching too many series of this genre in the past few months though.

But nothing is certain so we'll just have to sit back and enjoy the ride with this manga.
Old 2009-02-25, 15:44   Link #395
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think the pairing of Haruto & Eba at the end is kind of obvious, as it is with most series of this genre.
QFT. They should put a twist in this one at least
Old 2009-02-25, 18:48   Link #396
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
QFT. They should put a twist in this one at least
Please do the twist in next series lol,
Spoiler for for suzuka:

However, I like Nanami more and more as chapters go...I am torn XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 20:49   Link #397
Dark Mage

I have been rooting for Eba from the beginning and while I dont dislike Nanami, I am liking Eba's selfless character after the Tokyo trip more and more. At this point its really hard to say who Haruto will end up with as he doesn't even know that he likes Eba in a romantic way. While Nanami has a lack of confidence in herself and gets jealous too easily, wonder what happened in Nanami's past to make her so careful with opening up her heart whenshe obviously likes Haruto a lot
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 12:34   Link #398
Dark Mage

I liked Haruto's attitude in this chapter the way he accepted that Nanami had a right to be angry with him. Haruto seems to be an exception from the typical wimp shonen main character. This is because so far Haruto has always been decisive, mature and responsible, perhaps his only fault is he is stubborn. Nanami's sulking kinda reminds me of Suzuka and I wonder where Rin went? Maybe she had a change of heart and went to persuade Nanami to forgive Haruto?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 12:48   Link #399
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I have been rooting for Eba from the beginning and while I dont dislike Nanami, I am liking Eba's selfless character after the Tokyo trip more and more. At this point its really hard to say who Haruto will end up with as he doesn't even know that he likes Eba in a romantic way. While Nanami has a lack of confidence in herself and gets jealous too easily, wonder what happened in Nanami's past to make her so careful with opening up her heart whenshe obviously likes Haruto a lot
Quote:
I liked Haruto's attitude in this chapter the way he accepted that Nanami had a right to be angry with him. Haruto seems to be an exception from the typical wimp shonen main character. This is because so far Haruto has always been decisive, mature and responsible, perhaps his only fault is he is stubborn. Nanami's sulking kinda reminds me of Suzuka and I wonder where Rin went? Maybe she had a change of heart and went to persuade Nanami to forgive Haruto?
pls use the edit function for such cases.

atleast haruto did something to changed his way of approaching his relationship to the both of them. maybe now he can gain some ground on one of them.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 14:00   Link #400
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 36:
Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 36:
Spoiler for Chapter 36:

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life