AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 21:44   Link #41
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
There is love department in shonen action manga?... well, for side characters there is their only development, to be the "wife"... (ala Chichi). What a waste Hinata is... seriously. She has a lot more potential as a character than Sakura, but Kishi failed in leave her just as a Naruto's Fangirl.
yes there is though it does take a back seat. so far it has been once sided with one character rejecting the other but some internal feelings are possibly brewing in Sakura for Naruto.

yeah, but maybe finally we get to see her to do something. if becoming the wife of the hokage, you cant be some weakling. so maybe she might get development and the Hinata who so nice and just gets walked over will do a 180.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-04-09 at 22:04.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:03   Link #42
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
The difference is between a samurai like a 30 year old Kenshin Himura and a Genin half his age like Naruto Uzumaki...

Kenshin already lived death, he saw the love of his life die in his hands... Kenshin never was so naive as Naruto, in fact, Kenshin was naive before and he loved a woman who was there to kill him. Naruto is now in that stage, he is learning how the world is...

But, Shishio caught my attention because he was a visionary, Watsuki was clever enough to put in Shishio's mind the key to understand how Japan ended in the WWII.

Besides, even in Rurouni Kenshin we saw how Enishi sends Himura to the hell with his first attack... im not enter in that history, but when Villains can do that in a grown man, they earn my respect.

Nagato/Pain/Madara, are dealing with boys... at least that's my point of view.
Yeah No doubt there is a difference between Grown men who lived death and boys....

BTW, Saitoh Hajime was the baddest man in the Kenshin Manga!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:12   Link #43
ThoHell

Hmm.. interesting interesting. Wonder what the convo will be next chapter. Though not action, I'm still interested!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:38   Link #44
iceyfw

he better keep this conversation nice and short, yet understandable to come to a conclusion for both naruto and nagato. i want to see what happens when naruto returns to the village and what he has to say.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:55   Link #45
gibits
Endless

Ahhh an awesome arc is coming to a close. Great fights, a much wanted love confession, and philosophy all rolled into one. While it is not officially the end I wanted to had out some rewards:

Best male performance:
Naruto: Not only did he escape a black hole, sucker punched the 4th hokage, bring the 9-tails under control and beat one of the best villains ever, he still has the maturity to try to end the cycle of hate. I'm not sure he will succeed seeing how driven Pain is but the fact that he wants to try is great. Way to grow up Naruto.

Nominees:

Pain: He might be twisted but there is a huge nugget of truth in what he says. Hate and vengeance, where does it end? People truly understanding each other seems as distant a goal as ever. He didn't need to destroy the village or kill anyone, but he did it to prove his point. He gave up his free will, his humanity, and his best friend all for his ideal. I don't agree with him, but no one can say he is a one dimensional character or that he lacked devotion.

Oh and he can create black holes, how sweet is that?

Best female performance:
Hinata: I always thought she was very one-dimensional Naruto fangirl, but the fact that she risked her life to save her loved one makes it more than a crush. Nothing says "I love you" than risking your life just to be of a little support. Could Naruto have won if it wasn't for her? I highly doubt that.

Tsunade: used all her chakra (and maybe all of her life) to save her people. I always thought she was dumbed down for plot reasons so that Naruto could shine, but this time she really came through for her peoples when they needed her the most.

Best supporting male:
Kakashi: Put up a decent fight against Pain, and gave his life just so Choji could relay info on deva. Without this intel no one would have known about the 5 second window. Hope he makes it.

Nominee: Inuo's dad. Found out that the paths of Pain were dead bodies and came up with the theory of where it would be located.

Best supporting female:
Ummm......I guess Tsunade since all the girls in this manga are support to begin with. Sakura saved a bunch of people and took out a giant snake with her bare hands.

Hall of shame: we have a tie
The elders: Advising against using Leaf's greatest weapon (Naruto) when is under attack. I thought they were supposed to be wise? If the USA was under attack do you think we would hold off on using our best weapons? This idiocy earned them most useless and dumbest characters EVER.

Dazou: Sabotaging and sacrificing your own people just for some political gain. Not only was what he did evil, it was also dumb. The village will be destroyed so you will be Hokage of a pile of rubble.

Kishi must not think highly of old people because they all senile in this arc.

RIP to Pa frog. I really liked this old man, and I really feel that his death was totally needless. But that was the point Pain was trying to make in the first place.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:56   Link #46
El_Negro
Smurfee

just read the chapter, man Naruto's growin up
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:15   Link #47
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

Heh, Naruto is becoming a more likeable character, of course ive always liked him in the beginning, the knucklehead hero. Now he's growing up and will soon lead the village and the whole Narutoverse to a new era.

Btw the part where Shikaku (Shikamaru's dad) remebered what Shikamaru told him about Naruto, i would agree. If i were to meet someone like that, someone who believes there is a way even when all have lost hope, i would walk with them to.

And btw again.....HI! xP havent been on in a while.
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:16   Link #48
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
just read the chapter, man Naruto's growin up
yep....its his battle
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:18   Link #49
Alchemist007
*Author

Whoa, only 3 pages so far?! There's usually like...10 before I read the translation. Naruto's about to kick talk some ass!.....wait.
Old 2009-04-09, 23:20   Link #50
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow....pretty boring chapter. But can't be too unthankful seeing how Kishi gave us so many good chapters the past few weeks.
Old 2009-04-09, 23:22   Link #51
naruske

so is konan strong or what? afraid to face naruto? she's always saying nagato. It's like he doesn't want her to fight
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:31   Link #52
Alchemist007
*Author

Well she got pwnt pretty fast by Jiraiya, I don't think she'd last that long depending on what Naruto has left, but I think Nagato literally just wants to talk to him.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:35   Link #53
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Onwards towards the Sasuke/Madara arc soon I would guess (hopefully the final arc of the series).

Kinda funny that Ichigo and Naruto both won their battles the same week and both went into psycho mode to do it.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 00:43   Link #54
Cael
Lurker Mode

Getting to see a lot of characters, and Naruto interact with a team of Adults was what made this a fun chapter to me. I always enjoy seeing the grown-up teams interact; Yamato, Anko, Sai... Shikaku, Inoichi, Hyuga. A lot of boring flash-back dialogue but some good dialogue in between.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 00:44   Link #55
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So that "tree" Nagato was hiding in was actually one of Konan's paper tricks eh? Interesting...

Yahiko looked so peaceful after finally being freed from the Six Paths of Pain.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:45   Link #56
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

A nice chapter of nothing. At least Hinata is alive and well again. But the next one looks promising, i was waiting for that encounter for a long time and i hope to be one the greatest moments of the series.

And Naruto didn't didn't lose all of his sage chakra at the end.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 01:09   Link #57
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I thought this was going to be a boring chapter based on the spoiler, but it turned out to be the opposite. Naruto is becoming everything we wanted him to be. This is your future Hokage. This is a shonen hero. This is what Sasuke lacked in his arc. A change. Maturity. I loved the character development Naruto got and can't wait for what he will say to Nagato. The whole future of the manga turns here.

It looks like ALL of Team Gai ran off and not just Neji.

The Shikamaru-Naruto relationship is one of the best in the manga. It's not in your face like Naruto and Sasuke, but it seems more real. A true friendship without the drama. Both Hinata and Shikamaru used the same words. Naruto makes people want to talk to him. That's why he is special. They both totally understand him. And Shikaku is awesomesauce.
Old 2009-04-10, 01:13   Link #58
Ashura3

Really great penultimate scene to what's been a great arc, Nagato's last line sent a shiver down my spine. Considering just how far Kishi pushed the boundaries so far (I mean seriously, who-the-f thought the village would be leveled to the ground when we first heard Pain was going after Naruto?) I'm crossing my fingers on the ending not being underwhelming.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:27   Link #59
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
I blame Inoichi for the cliffhanger.
Old 2009-04-10, 04:05   Link #60
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Oh and he can create black holes, how sweet is that?
So can Luffy, in his mouth
Quote:
Best female performance:
Hinata: I always thought she was very one-dimensional Naruto fangirl, but the fact that she risked her life to save her loved one makes it more than a crush. Nothing says "I love you" than risking your life just to be of a little support.
I still think of Hinata like a Yuria 100 character, she exists only to please...

Quote:
RIP to Pa frog. I really liked this old man, and I really feel that his death was totally needless.
and don't forget the poor communication frog Danzou mercilessly stabbed

Great chapter, the next one's going to be one of the most vital in naruto...assuming Nagato dies and doesn't wait another few chapters.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote