AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 22:13   Link #61
typhonsentra

Where can I find it? It's not on any of the main manga sites. I know you can't post links to RAWs.... but.... God this is driving me nuts!
Old 2009-12-29, 03:25   Link #62
konart

The scan is out on mangafox.com
Old 2009-12-29, 06:26   Link #63
Equidistant

That was awesome, they even had a Bakemonogatari reference. You can never have enough Genshiken though.
Old 2009-12-29, 07:26   Link #64
Mentar
Banned

To be honest, I didn't like it too much, and I know for sure that I wouldn't enjoy a long run with this setup.

Why?

Because the characters have become too wacky and extreme. At least I have difficulties relating to them, where in the past, I had no problems whatsoever. The setup is also problematic: Most of the show has revolved around the tension between the "normal" people played by charismatic Saki and the otaku world. And even here, a certain degree of "normalness" was retained, at least I could easily imagine meeting the old bunch. But the new one?

Kucchi is simply getting on my nerves. Ogiue (who I generally like) is so riddled with issues that it's not even funny anymore. Ohno is well-known, and the new characters seem pretty extreme. So, while I would get a feeling of "that's a place I could fit in" with the old cast, I doubt that I'd want to stick around with the new one.

80% of my fun with the old Genshiken was watching "normal" Saki grappling and eventually coming to terms with the otaku world. I don't see who could replace her...
Old 2009-12-29, 14:08   Link #65
Nosauz

man I just wished they just followed the college circle doing a beck style thing since they are all into the doujin scene. What made genshiken wasn't the plethora of characters but how the set amount of characters interacted with each other.
Old 2009-12-29, 17:27   Link #66
lixuelai

I LOLed so hard at this one shot. I was thinking oh wow a pretty girl joining Genshiken...how rare. Oh wait maybe not
Old 2009-12-29, 17:50   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
man I just wished they just followed the college circle doing a beck style thing since they are all into the doujin scene. What made genshiken wasn't the plethora of characters but how the set amount of characters interacted with each other.
Yeah pretty much, and this one shot chapter really brought that up again, and it shined so well. Talk about a blast from the past though, and yet again it reminds me how much i miss this one of a kind series.

I want the story to continue all the more now. Even if it's only one shots now and then, it would be better then nothing!
Old 2009-12-31, 01:47   Link #68
Vicious108

Great one shot. We never got to see enough Sue in the original series so it was great to see her in this, and the rest of the characters again too of course.

And haha a trap joining Genshiken, that's the perfect addition to an already weirdo-filled group.

I actually thought Makoto would be the one to be able to tell, though I guess Saki makes sense too.
Old 2010-09-21, 12:58   Link #69
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
More Genshiken manga on the way: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-genshiken-ii
Old 2010-09-22, 00:50   Link #70
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Yeah!

Definitely looking forward to more of this series.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:23   Link #71
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
eh, didn't really need more. Should of just let it end.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:39   Link #72
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Point taken, since there's the chance it'll just drag on. Can't exactly replace the dynamic of the first set of characters.
Old 2010-09-22, 12:04   Link #73
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Point taken, since there's the chance it'll just drag on. Can't exactly replace the dynamic of the first set of characters.
worst part is your going to be constantly reminded of them due to sasahara x oguie and that just seems like a torturous stick in the sides of lovers of the first series.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:54   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Yeah basically how i feel. Sure i'd read more, though it's not necessarily needed.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:08   Link #75
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hope they would at least try to return to the way Genshiken was in the beginning.

Or as Mentar put it some time back......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
80% of my fun with the old Genshiken was watching "normal" Saki grappling and eventually coming to terms with the otaku world.
In my case, that would be around 90% of my fun.
Old 2010-09-28, 12:48   Link #76
Vicious108

I agree that the first series already felt complete, but I'm still excited to hear that a new series is coming, since I liked the author's work in the original so much.

Sure, it's hard to imagine it being nearly as good without Madarame and Saki around (at least, not nearly as much), but it deserves a shot.
Old 2010-09-28, 19:29   Link #77
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I agree that the first series already felt complete, but I'm still excited to hear that a new series is coming, since I liked the author's work in the original so much.

Sure, it's hard to imagine it being nearly as good without Madarame and Saki around (at least, not nearly as much), but it deserves a shot.
How do you do that those two won't be around. If anything Madarame is pretty crucial in the series and I can't imagine him not being in this second series. Beside this just might revive the anime series and get a third season.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:47   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
How do you do that those two won't be around. If anything Madarame is pretty crucial in the series and I can't imagine him not being in this second series. Beside this just might revive the anime series and get a third season.
Well there's a difference here. He might be apart of this new manga, though not as a main character. You can obviously tell that by the summary that was released.
Old 2010-09-29, 16:39   Link #79
Vicious108

Madarame was already mostly absent from the series once Ogiue came around and most of the originals graduated. It's common sense that he'll be around even less in this one, though I'd definitely be pleasently surprised if that wasn't the case. He was by far my favorite character in the first series.
Old 2010-09-29, 17:28   Link #80
Xacual

I don't know considering Sue knew where his apartment was or w/e I'm sure he still hangs out at the club occasionally.

I spent the last 2 days rereading the series and I can't believe I forgot that Kousaka and Saki weren't dating at the start. For some reason I thought they were but I guess I just mixed it up since Saki was trying to get Kousaka at the start.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Closed Thread

Tags
seinen