AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 13:13   Link #1181
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
*waits patiently for Prologue through Chapter 2 HQ scans*

Damn hindrance to my translation project!
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 15:47   Link #1182
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Chapter 4 is the current chapter up for discussion. It's chapter 5 we're waiting for. That one comes out a wee bit after X-mas.
and even once it's been released, it'll still take a lot of time for the translation and i've have found respect for those who try to do them cause bablefish ont gives you an 'accordingly' acurate translation in it's working.

also if it's true that a new chapter is released monthly, it might take up to a year or two if it's intended to be a long running novel.

Every dog has it's day...
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 15:57   Link #1183
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
*waits patiently for Prologue through Chapter 2 HQ scans*

Damn hindrance to my translation project!
For FT you mean?

Yeah... backissues are gonna be a bitch to find. D: Does anyone even know where one can buy old backissues of Ace? None of the sites I've looked at have any backissues from this year. I've seen stuff here and there for 2008-09 issues and such, found Oct and Nov 09's issues on ebay, but nothing from THIS fall...

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-07 at 20:37.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:13   Link #1184
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Anyone know when the February issue is coming out? I'm dying to know what the bloody next chapter has for us. I hope it tells us more about what REALLY happened to Heero and Relena. Were they frozen and defrosted once, twice or what. I've had enough of the history lessons. PFFT.

Last edited by MichaelKnight; 2010-12-07 at 23:46. Reason: Grammar issues. As usual. *facepalms*
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:33   Link #1185
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
It comes out after Xmas. Chances are it's more backstory. We've got a long way to go.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:34   Link #1186
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Anyone know when the February issue is coming out? I'm dying to know what the bloody next chapter has for us. I hope it tells us more about what REALLY happened to Heero and Relena. Where they frozen and defrosted once, twice or what. I've had enough of the history lessons. PFFT.
I haven't. Let's get some info on my man Walker and other OZ pilots like Alex and Muller!
Old 2010-12-08, 00:25   Link #1187
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchafrap View Post
I successfully ordered a back issue from August directly through the publisher, Kadokawa. It was reasonably cheap (much cheaper than any auction/amazon sites) but still about twice the cover price.

I have no idea if they are willing to ship internationally and Japan for sure is not mailing anything that weighs more than 493 grams to the US as per some regulation (you can still get things FedExed or UPSed but it's usually grossly overpriced). Gundam Ace itself is more along the lines of two to three pounds? No to mention the extras, which have been ranging from mini folders to model bases.
Well, considering the prices we get charged for Gundam Ace here pretty much are 2x cover price there, maybe it won't be so much of a difference. We get hosed. Though, plus shipping, it might be too ridiculous... And do you have to be able to speak Japanese to order direct from them anyway?

By the way, actually, that shipping embargo has already been lifted. I think it was lifted about a week ago, if I remember correctly, because a friend of mine was supposed to send me a cosplay wig but she couldn't send it in time before she left Japan herself for the winter break. But I know it has been lifted! So if anyone wants to try getting a backorder from Japan, they can at least ship. If it was shipping from Kadokawa they would be able to anyway, I'm sure Kadokawa is a registered business with the Japan Post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It comes out after Xmas. Chances are it's more backstory. We've got a long way to go.
Didn't they basically confirm in the last chapter it'd be more backstory next chapter, anyway? Except it's for Relena and Zechs, this time.
Old 2010-12-08, 02:26   Link #1188
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I haven't. Let's get some info on my man Walker and other OZ pilots like Alex and Muller!
Well if it’s those guys or other people, sure, I don’t really mind more backstories. Just enough with Heero Yuy. I mean, come on, Sumisawa. Just... STOP. Half of him was the mystery that surrounded him. He was loved for it. Now Sumisawa just revealed his past that no one asked for [I’m almost too sure fans like the fact that his past is unknown, well, coz it’s badass if a character’s past unknown. Sure, everyone must’ve wondered what his whole childhood was but they didn’t mind not knowing, they didn’t mind if they will never know what it was. I know I preferred to just wonder about it forever because that’s the beauty of it. It makes you daydream about it.]. What’s bloody annoying is that I don’t find this past of Heero’s that Sumisawa just revealed even slightly interesting at all. He just had a normal/ordinary one, ok maybe not as ordinary as other kids have, but I see nothing special in his past that Sumisawa just revealed. Yeah, ok, maybe it’s my fault for assuming/fantasising he had this dark fantastic past, nobody ever said he had an awesome jaw-dropping one in the first place so I shouldn’t have assumed that. But bloody hell, even if his past were as badass as I hoped it was, I still prefer if it was never revealed. Coz it’s one of those things that once you know the answer to, the thinking, the over-analysing, the fussing about it – the fun is gone. It’s over. I’m sorry, guys, I didn’t mean to rant this much. It’s just for some reason I still can’t get over it. Coz now with his past revealed, JUST. LIKE. THAT. He is less controversial. He’s less puzzling, less intriguing, less interesting. I’m annoyed because we were teased, or at least I was, with the mystery surrounding him throughout the series, fine there was a little background info about him in EZ, but he was still a mystery. And now, with his past out in the open, it’s clear that he’s just an ordinary guy after all. It just so happened that he’s aloof and stoic. All the mysterious-teasing just boils down to the fact that he was an ordinary guy in the end, then why make us think he was mysterious in the first place. No dark secrets were revealed anyway. And now we’re being teased once again about what his real name is. What the hell does it matter now. What the heck does it change now. So what if his real name turned out to be, Shinta, or Bob, or Michael Knight. He’s as normal as the rest of the cast. You guys know what I mean? Wow. Man I’m pathetic. Sorry guys, I had to let it out. T____T

Then again, we still don’t know if he really is as normal as he seems considering Sumisawa may have a surprise hidden up his sleeve.

But. Still! *sigh* The only thing I like about this novel so far is that it brought us fans together, even if it’s just a small number of people. Hey, at least I can discuss my favourite anime again with fellow fans.

Wow that was quite a rant, ay. Sorry. I really really REALLY had to let it out. Carry on, everyone. T____T
Old 2010-12-08, 03:03   Link #1189
Elo the Blue

Breathe Michael!

You're certainly entitled to having an issue with more info regarding Heero coming out but another fan of the series might say Heero is getting more interesting now that we know about his parents and what his life was like before Odin took him under his wing.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:24   Link #1190
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's a shame they froze Heero, would of been awesome to see him all grown up. Not to mention it'll be weird being around the other Gundam pilots, and they're all 30 years older.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 04:28   Link #1191
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Breathe Michael!
God I know, ay. Fark I'm a retard.

Quote:
You're certainly entitled to having an issue with more info regarding Heero coming out but another fan of the series might say Heero is getting more interesting now that we know about his parents and what his life was like before Odin took him under his wing.
I know, I know... but I was just so upset I had to say stupid things... gaahhh. I'll get over it someday... maybe. I should probably go get a drink. Woot. Someone join me.
Old 2010-12-08, 05:04   Link #1192
gundamnedgirl03

good god. finally back to discussing the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Half of him was the mystery that surrounded him. He was loved for it. Now Sumisawa just revealed his past that no one asked for [I’m almost too sure fans like the fact that his past is unknown, well, coz it’s badass if a character’s past unknown. Sure, everyone must’ve wondered what his whole childhood was but they didn’t mind not knowing, they didn’t mind if they will never know what it was. I know I preferred to just wonder about it forever because that’s the beauty of it. It makes you daydream about it.]. What’s bloody annoying is that I don’t find this past of Heero’s that Sumisawa just revealed even slightly interesting at all. He just had a normal/ordinary one, ok maybe not as ordinary as other kids have, but I see nothing special in his past that Sumisawa just revealed. Yeah, ok, maybe it’s my fault for assuming/fantasising he had this dark fantastic past, nobody ever said he had an awesome jaw-dropping one in the first place so I shouldn’t have assumed that. But bloody hell, even if his past were as badass as I hoped it was, I still prefer if it was never revealed. Coz it’s one of those things that once you know the answer to, the thinking, the over-analysing, the fussing about it – the fun is gone. It’s over. I’m sorry, guys, I didn’t mean to rant this much. It’s just for some reason I still can’t get over it. Coz now with his past revealed, JUST. LIKE. THAT. He is less controversial. He’s less puzzling, less intriguing, less interesting. I’m annoyed because we were teased, or at least I was, with the mystery surrounding him throughout the series, fine there was a little background info about him in EZ, but he was still a mystery. And now, with his past out in the open, it’s clear that he’s just an ordinary guy after all. It just so happened that he’s aloof and stoic. All the mysterious-teasing just boils down to the fact that he was an ordinary guy in the end, then why make us think he was mysterious in the first place. No dark secrets were revealed anyway. And now we’re being teased once again about what his real name is. What the hell does it matter now. What the heck does it change now.
ugh! agreed. although i don't really mind if it was revealed, i just hoped that it was more interesting than THAT. there really aint nuthin special there. at least to me and u and hopefully to some other ppl. but whatever. now........ i just wanna kno about what's happened to quatre and trowa all those yrs.
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 10:12   Link #1193
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I reread a lot of our discussion and noticed something... Sumisawa has been throwing quite a lot of info at us but so far the stuff that people are most interested in learning about the characters hasn't been answered yet, has it? Like the reason for Heero's unnatural strength or how Une and Treize met
And agreed, unlike Treize Heero's background was... moderate.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 10:24   Link #1194
wingzerosnuggles

Maybe he's trying to get the "past" from the novel to sync up with the "present" in EW: GotD? It would do well to serve his purpose of series integration. IMO, I think the reason he's throwing so much crap at us right now is because he's recycling stuff from his scrapped Treize novel.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 12:18   Link #1195
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

That 'Endlich Eroica' thing? Well, the Treize parts are good even if Angelina is a total nutcase I wonder if his scrapped Treize novel featured any extensive background information on Zechs, seeing as we will get another history lesson about him this time.
Old 2010-12-08, 12:19   Link #1196
wingzerosnuggles

Most probably. Like when Zechs traded in the shades he wears in Relena's Episode Zero for the mask he wears in the series...
Old 2010-12-08, 13:07   Link #1197
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Most probably. Like when Zechs traded in the shades he wears in Relena's Episode Zero for the mask he wears in the series...
LOL I even know what happened to the shades! I wonder what their connection will be xD

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2010-12-08 at 13:12. Reason: wording
Old 2010-12-08, 13:12   Link #1198
wingzerosnuggles

Lol, Zechs passed his shades on. xD

Or maybe they were an AC180's thing and he decided to try some nineties fashion.

With Sumisawa, you never know. ._.
Old 2010-12-08, 14:09   Link #1199
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I reread a lot of our discussion and noticed something... Sumisawa has been throwing quite a lot of info at us but so far the stuff that people are most interested in learning about the characters hasn't been answered yet, has it? Like the reason for Heero's unnatural strength or how Une and Treize met
And agreed, unlike Treize Heero's background was... moderate.
I have a feeling Heero's strength will just be chalked up to his training but I could be wrong. Treize and Une's first meeting should definitely be addressed and I'm certainly looking forward to it.
Old 2010-12-08, 16:04   Link #1200
Kitsoru

Quote:
I have a feeling Heero's strength will just be chalked up to his training but I could be wrong.
Probably, even if it's bullshit. Willowy 15 year old Japanese boys do not bend steel bars (nor survive nuclear reactor detonations from ground zero). And willowy 8 year olds don't run around with ground to air rocket launchers on their backs like it ain't no thang.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing