AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 22:32   Link #1461
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Thunder has shipped James Harden, Cole Aldrich, and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to the Rockets for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks, and a second-round pic.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ouston-rockets
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:39   Link #1462
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The Thunder has shipped James Harden, Cole Aldrich, and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to the Rockets for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks, and a second-round pic.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ouston-rockets
.....................Wow, Kevin Martin is good but not as good as James Harden. I know its about the financial situation for not being able to sign him when his contract expires, but didn't expect this.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 01:20   Link #1463
Westlo
Lets be reality

It hurts the Thunder this year for sure.. just a question of how much... but long term it's an excellent move and will allow them to contend for a long time. They were never going to pay Harden the max and so it was a great choice to just deal him, like they did with Jeff Green a few years ago.

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

Maynor
Lamb
Martin
Jones
Collison

They also get 2 first round picks which will more than likely be lotto picks, Raptors for sure and the Mavs were already on the edge and that was before Dirk had surgery. How many Top 4 teams have had two lotto picks? Martin's an expiring contract too.. so they just traded Harden for a year of Martin and 1, maybe 2 lotto picks as well as pick #12 from this years draft.

Edit - Mavs pick is top 20 protected, oh well, they won't see that for a while lol... still a good trade, Raps is Top 2 protected next season and than Top Pick protected, should see it next season, pick 3 would be dynasty..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 11:55   Link #1464
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

NBA Season starts in 2 days. Any predictions on the win or lose, here are the games on the 30th:
7:00 pm Washington Wizards vs Cleveland Cavaliers on NBA League Pass
8:00 pm Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat on TNT
10:30 pm Los Angles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks on TNT
Old 2012-11-02, 23:44   Link #1465
Kmos

Lakers starting off badly huh? None of the opening games seem interesting to me though. Maybe an interesting match with an injury free Timberwolves team vs someone competent.
Knicks vs Nets postponed, didn't really care about it anyway.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:45   Link #1466
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Reports are coming in for the Lakers on the opening slot on the coaching position. I have been reading them and the current one is just 30 minutes ago. Phil Jackson has been said to have sign a 3 year deal with the Lakers.

What is everyone's reaction to this?
Old 2012-11-10, 18:20   Link #1467
kyp275
Meh

Kinda lost interest in the NBA myself, the league is just too imbalanced, it's like all the good players care about these days is to get together with each other so they can keep getting the championships
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 18:24   Link #1468
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Kinda lost interest in the NBA myself, the league is just too imbalanced, it's like all the good players care about these days is to get together with each other so they can keep getting the championships
Unfortunately, to get to the Hall of Fame means winning championship. Still it is not all too imbalance, there are at least 15 teams that are very competitive.

I hope my Lakers can get back to Championship caliber, and if the reports are true. Phil Jackson will be sitting comfortably in Stable center for the Spurs game.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:25   Link #1469
Kmos

I don't follow NBA too closely but I'd say there aren't at least 15 teams that'll be competitive. Which teams are they? I'm genuinely curious. Way I see it, barring serious injuries:
Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Thunder, Clippers, Spurs are the favorites.
Timberwolves, Knicks, Bulls are hopeful and/or may surprise.

Nine teams is probably four more than I thought would be relevant this season. I'm still not convinced the Knicks are there yet even with their great start so only a tiny part of me is happy they're winning games atm. I'm still wearing my Knicks stuff sometimes but damnit, blue and orange is still weird on me.

Any news on flopping front? I only heard of warnings for Barea and someone else. Are there more no calls or is it just me?

If Phil Jackson signs on as coach again it'll look like he's pursuing more easy wins [and rings?] for the records. I don't mind much but would've liked it if he took on a losing team and makes it great.
Old 2012-11-12, 11:41   Link #1470
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hmm I thought for sure Phil Jackson was coming back, but instead the Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni. Whether it is a good move or bad move is up to debate until a couple of weeks. The run and gun offense or most often called the "7 seconds or less" offense is what Mike D'Antoni is known for. Offensively I think the Lakers will reach most likely the top 4 when the season is done. Skeptics are worried about defense which Mike D'Antoni hasn't shown to be able to do but that was with the Knicks and Suns, this is a different story. We'll see how it works out tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-12, 23:21   Link #1471
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

To be fair though, with the 7 seconds or less offense, it means that the teams will have to run faster to score. Also, this gives the opponents more opportunities to score, and more possessions for both sides, which causes inflated scoring and less defense efficiency due to fatigue setting in. Not a very good idea for a team that has 4 of its starters in the wrong end of the 30s.

I can't say that I like the Mike Brown firing. He may be extremely bad at substitution and play calling, but the team has to gel. I don't know what'll happen to Eddie Jordan now atm, but looking at things now, it's like they're gathering a Team USA coaching team or something.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:03   Link #1472
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
To be fair though, with the 7 seconds or less offense, it means that the teams will have to run faster to score. Also, this gives the opponents more opportunities to score, and more possessions for both sides, which causes inflated scoring and less defense efficiency due to fatigue setting in. Not a very good idea for a team that has 4 of its starters in the wrong end of the 30s.

I can't say that I like the Mike Brown firing. He may be extremely bad at substitution and play calling, but the team has to gel. I don't know what'll happen to Eddie Jordan now atm, but looking at things now, it's like they're gathering a Team USA coaching team or something.
Can't judge base on past coaching, well you can but that is a different situation so it doesn't hold a lot of meaning towards the present. I give it until December to decide if the coaching is a bad or good choice.
Old 2012-11-13, 16:33   Link #1473
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm used to be Lakers fan back in the day. now, not so much anymore. Kobe beef is getting old
and Nash potatoe probably not going to contribute much if he's can't play...lol. that leave with
only Howard to do most of the work! tsk, i though Session was really good...they traded him away
i guess. i'm not much up-to-date with whatever's going on in NBA much.

i find myself liking the Clippers more. they're young and full of energy. i'm cheering for them to win
this time around.
Old 2012-12-06, 23:10   Link #1474
Kmos

Wow. Tonight's Knicks vs Heat really surprised me there. Melo out, all those 3's falling in the way it did, I liked the offensive rebounds. Nice win, 112-92. Maybe time to revise my assessment of them, but I still have a nagging feeling of the older players not lasting through playoffs. This is the game that has me hoping for a Knicks conference final showing at least.

Oh yea, I always forget about Grizzlies for some reason, but I'm going to revise an earlier statement of who I think are competitive:

Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, Knicks, Grizzlies, Timberwolves.

Took out Bulls to put in Grizzlies. Bulls aren't going to cut it even if Rose returns. I really want to see an injury free Twolves team (Rubio, Love, Roy, Kirilenko) play, even then they might not get too far. Kinda puts into perspective where I don't think there's any competition in the east if I only think three teams are competitive here.
Old 2012-12-07, 11:19   Link #1475
hinakatbklyn

I would have put the Brooklyn Nets in the competitive category as well since they had beaten two of the three mentioned east competitive teams (Boston and New York Knicks). But they would need their entire lineup available and not injured (Brook Lopez for example) to stand a chance against other tough teams like Miami Heat and OKC Thunder (One competitive half is not enough).
Now that Brooklyn has a team (first major sports team since before my time <Brooklyn Dodgers in baseball> I want to see them win as much as the Knicks.

Still, with the Knicks winning by 20 over Miami twice this year, I wonder if this could be the year they could win it all.
Old 2012-12-07, 15:05   Link #1476
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
Wow. Tonight's Knicks vs Heat really surprised me there. Melo out, all those 3's falling in the way it did, I liked the offensive rebounds. Nice win, 112-92. Maybe time to revise my assessment of them, but I still have a nagging feeling of the older players not lasting through playoffs. This is the game that has me hoping for a Knicks conference final showing at least.

Oh yea, I always forget about Grizzlies for some reason, but I'm going to revise an earlier statement of who I think are competitive:

Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, Knicks, Grizzlies, Timberwolves.

Took out Bulls to put in Grizzlies. Bulls aren't going to cut it even if Rose returns. I really want to see an injury free Twolves team (Rubio, Love, Roy, Kirilenko) play, even then they might not get too far. Kinda puts into perspective where I don't think there's any competition in the east if I only think three teams are competitive here.
You forgot The Warriors.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 19:36   Link #1477
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
Knicks kicks some a$$ there. i didnt see the whole thing, but i did saw Miami was doing
great 1st half. but then, when 2nd half hits, Knick just ran them over like a truck.

i was hoping Billup from Clippers would come back all heathy, but after that match
against the Utah, he is back out again sitting on the bench. >>;
also, did Grant Hill even play a single match yet? i haven't watch much NBA matches,
but i dont think i even see him plays at all.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:45   Link #1478
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Looks like the Seattle SuperSonics are going to make a return to the NBA at the expense of the Sacramento Kings.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...am-sources-say
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 00:57   Link #1479
Westlo
Lets be reality

Laugh At Lakers
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 00:01   Link #1480
Athena
The Power of One

I just watched the two last games by Houston...damn, is the Lin-Harden duo aiming to break a turnovers record for Houston or what lol