AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-06, 23:34   Link #2461
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Why are CO and NM democrats in the middle of the republican zone ?
Seen from here, there is nothing that would really distinguish them from their neighbors ?

Is it the latino vote in New Mexico ? (I am afraid my vision of Colorado is based on South Park, so I will refrain from making any theories)
Lot's and LOT's of Latino voters!
Old 2012-11-06, 23:35   Link #2462
Dr. Casey

In some ways, I agreed with the things Obama said and stood for; in others I sided with Romney. Mitt Romney has a good track record and has demonstrated great leadership in years past, and has shown himself to have a very good heart no matter what his detractors might say. I wanted for the country a leader whose record has proven him a worthy one over a candidate whose performance has been less than stellar. Obama also lost a lot of respect from me this year, both for starting a smear campaign against a perfectly good man and essentially playing the bully on a national scale (Becoming the very embodiment of that which he protested against four years ago - "If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone to run away from"), and I honestly don't see any way that the Benghazi situation could have played out without something shady transpiring on part of our government (At the very, absolute least, locking up the guy who made the video despite doing nothing illegal is incredibly screwed up). And, honestly, I just really loved Mitt Romney as a person. I loved listening to him in his speeches and debates, would have loved hearing him regularly for the next 4-8 years, and am... really, really sad that he's been taken away and has no intention to return to the political sphere.

Hope you do a better job in your second term than your first, Obama. I don't think you're a good president, and I have my doubts that you're even a good person; but for the sake of me, my family, and everyone close to me, I hope you manage to guide the country in your second term in the ways you promise.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:35   Link #2463
kyp275
Meh

I think the popular vote will swing over to Obama's side, as more of the west coast's votes are counted in.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:37   Link #2464
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Everybody seriously needs to be watching Fox News right now, they're practically fighting each other, it's the most uncanny thing I've ever seen and this is Fox News we're talking about. It's funnier than the Daily Show coverage in a way.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:39   Link #2465
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I think the popular vote will swing over to Obama's side, as more of the west coast's votes are counted in.
I prefer it didn't.

This way the GOP can try, and the Dems can bring up Dubya's victory in 2000.

So both side can no longer claim sour grapes, and hopefully do a constitutional amendment and abolish this sham of a system for once and for all.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:39   Link #2466
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
In before someone calls you a teabagger. Though I completely agree, and would extend those statements to platform issues of both parties.
If someone here calls me a teabagger I'll kindly tell them to go fuck themselves.

I'm a classical liberal thank you, and there is much (if not most) issues that the Koch Brothers' Tea Party and I do not agree on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Than why even have a government if only deadlock keeps it in check?

Better to have a fuctional government, than an non-working one that soaks up money and gives us "nothing" in return.

Though having one that isn't sliping to tyranny might be good too.
That's the problem Ithekro, these two major parties are so beholden to their own agendas that adherence to the actual government (as dictated by the constitution) doesn't mean anything to them anymore.

Our government isn't working the way it was intended to anymore because of the two-party system, and there in lies the problem.

We really aren't getting anything meaningful back from the parties that control our government.
Consider how much benefit the citizens get compared to the banks, or big-Pharma, or Big-Oil, or the military industrial complex.
The disparity is indescent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
This is the funny thing, there was a recent article about why Canadians want Obama to win. Canadians generally live close to the U.S. border..

A teacher in Vancouver can understand a teacher from Seattle. A banker from Toronto can understand a banker from New York.. None of us understand the "South" -- Religion? Gun Control? Abortion? Stimulus for financial crisis? Public Universal Healthcare? .. To a Canadian .. none of these are issues. It's only natural. Seperation between church and state. Guns SHOULD be controlled. A woman controls her own body. Stimulus is necessary. Healthcare is a universal right.

Obama has won. It is decidedly so
And it doesn't matter to me.
I view Obama and Romney as simply two sides of the same corporatist political coin.
That's why I voted for Gary Johnson.

That said, I'm sure you don't understand some of those issues as they apply to the United States.
What's good or natural for Canada is NOT good or natural for the USA.
You're not an American in the US sense of the term and just by looking at your post it's clear you don't realize why those things are issues in the US.
No, in the USA, guns should NOT be controlled and if Obama is foolish enough to try it will spark widespread violence as it should in a free country.
Besides the right to keep and bear arms has been finalized by SCOTUS.
Only slaves are disarmed, and healthcare is NOT a right in the US since it is not defined in our constitution as such.
These arbitrary declaration of "rights" by political interests for party-agendas is the kind of nonsense that needs to stop.
It's also the reason why the Affordable Health Care Act was not declared a right to Healthcare, but a power of the congress to TAX.
The stimulous has not worked, more and more businesses continue to close.
We agree on Abortion and the separation of church and state.

It doesn't matter whether Romney or Obama wins, the agenda will remain the same as it has since the early 1900s.
We will go to war with Iran, we will see the dollar continue to lose value, we will see fuel prices skyrocket, we will see things continue to degrade in the US.
Even if Romney had won, this would not change.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:40   Link #2467
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I honestly don't see any way that the Benghazi situation could have played out without something shady transpiring on part of our government (At the very, absolute least, locking up the guy who made the video despite doing nothing illegal is incredibly screwed up,
Eh? want to elaborate on that?

Also, afaik that guy violated the terms of his probation.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:40   Link #2468
GDB

Haha, random guy pops into frame and tries to say something into the mic about Obama and bombing 10 more countries, and the anchor's just like "ooookay" and turns around and moves the mic away from him. Awesome.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:40   Link #2469
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Obama also lost a lot of respect from me this year, both for starting a smear campaign against a perfectly good man and essentially playing the bully on a national scale (Becoming the very embodiment of that which he protested against four years ago - "If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone to run away from")
I thought all elections, no matter which country you came from, have that going on?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-11-06, 23:41   Link #2470
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
My favorite one is Mr. Todd Akins of Missouri aka Mr. Legitimate rape.

So ladies, it look like he is actually right, apparently a woman CAN determine if a politician is harmful to her body and shut him down accordingly.
Indeed.

I can't wait to see if his missus will end up kicking him out of his own house.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:41   Link #2471
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Especially Cali's

- - - - -

Still waiting on results: NV, CO, VA, FL, and ME2
Still open: AK

Nothing really left to do but drink the sweet, sweet tears of the Republicans... especially the teapartiers'.

- - - - -

Romney in delusionville. He won't concede he lost Ohio (and the election).
Old 2012-11-06, 23:42   Link #2472
Mentar
Banned

I wish I could see Rove making a fool of himself live on TV ^_^

Too bad I can only get CNN.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:42   Link #2473
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
In some ways, I agreed with the things Obama said and stood for; in others I sided with Romney. Mitt Romney has a good track record and has demonstrated great leadership in years past, and has shown himself to have a very good heart no matter what his detractors might say. I wanted for the country a leader whose record has proven him a worthy one over a candidate whose performance has been less than stellar. Obama also lost a lot of respect from me this year, both for starting a smear campaign against a perfectly good man and essentially playing the bully on a national scale (Becoming the very embodiment of that which he protested against four years ago - "If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone to run away from"), and I honestly don't see any way that the Benghazi situation could have played out without something shady transpiring on part of our government (At the very, absolute least, locking up the guy who made the video despite doing nothing illegal is incredibly screwed up). And, honestly, I just really loved Mitt Romney as a person. I loved listening to him in his speeches and debates, would have loved hearing him regularly for the next 4-8 years, and am... really, really sad that he's been taken away and has no intention to return to the political sphere.

Hope you do a better job in your second term than your first, Obama. I don't think you're a good president, and I have my doubts that you're even a good person; but for the sake of me, my family, and everyone close to me, I hope you manage to guide the country in your second term in the ways you promise.

You can't hold Obama's first term being kind of poor too against Obama. The GOP have been incredibly obstructionist for four years to make Obama's performance as president turn out worse/look worse.

Also, I don't know why you think Romney is a good guy. I've seen lots that say otherwise. Also, recently people have filed a complaint at an ethics committee for something unethical Romney did, which was profit 15.3 million dollars from the misfortune of others through things he did in relation to companies when the auto industry bailout was happening (something he said he opposed and used against President Obama). Also, he did something else that is ethically sketchy (at best); this made the news yesterday. He has been hiding his tax records because he has been avoiding taxes for the last 15 years due a legal loophole, and it was basically him cheating the system, and it is just ethically sketchy or unethical.

Romney isn't good.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:42   Link #2474
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Romney in delusionville. He won't concede he lost Ohio (and the election).
He didn't write a concession speech he has no other recourse. It's just...surreal. Donald Trump is going ballastic on twitter right now too calling for a march on Washington and claiming the world is laughing at America. The reality is that we're just laughing at him and Rove.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:43   Link #2475
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Romney isn't good.
.... your guy won. Just be happy with that and stop needling at me.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:44   Link #2476
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
He didn't write a concession speech he has no other recourse. It's just...surreal.
Wow. I thought you were joking, but Fox actually just reported that he said he did only write a victory speech. That's ridiculous.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:44   Link #2477
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Karl Rove...Please. You look like a panicked hobo trying desperately to resuscitate a dead hooker. Ohio is gone!
Old 2012-11-06, 23:45   Link #2478
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Haha, random guy pops into frame and tries to say something into the mic about Obama and bombing 10 more countries, and the anchor's just like "ooookay" and turns around and moves the mic away from him. Awesome.
That pretty much killed me.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:45   Link #2479
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
I prefer it didn't.

This way the GOP can try, and the Dems can bring up Dubya's victory in 2000.

So both side can no longer claim sour grapes, and hopefully do a constitutional amendment and abolish this sham of a system for once and for all.
Not going to happen. It's been tried many times before (quite often as a matter of fact), but the fact remains that the electoral college system was created for a reason.

I'd say the day when you see the EC system abolished is the day the states loses their sovereignty.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:45   Link #2480
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

How much longer before the rest of the states come in with their results?
Closed Thread