AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-09-13, 22:11   Link #221
Miraluka
Banned

To make it difficult she would have to use unknown set of laws on him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 13:30   Link #222
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Yeah, but along with the "ribbons", they are part of Raijin's portrait. Just google Raijin to see a classic image.

OK, it's getting a bit derailed, so I'll add that while I too believe normal Accelerator is still stronger, I don't think he would be able to curbstomp this Mikoto. It could even get troublesome if he was to lower his guard.
Look at what happen to Kakine and he awaken's on his own without external help. And Kakine is in control when that happen. Mikoto is just a puppet right now.

To be fair, Accelerator's ability is plain cheating and its way to easy for him to win that he probably didn't think of any inventive way to kill.

Look at Accel and Touma's first fight. He just realize on when his getting curb stump that he can control the world's air/environment. Air is around all the time but when he didn't even need it, he didn't even notice it.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:28   Link #223
leukrota

@tsunade666 - I never said Accelerator would lose, but that it could be problematic if he underestimates her... Which is unlikely already given his analytical skill.

Also, I'm comparing with "normal" Accelerator (starting Accelerator if you may). Against Kakine he was already on a different level (technically still level 5, but you know what I mean).

Anyway, Mikoto being a puppet to Gensei doesn't make her less fearsome... In fact, she might be more dangerous that way ... this is Gensei who we are talking about.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:23   Link #224
tsunade666

Any Kihara's are dangerous >_> well except for Telestina but is she even a Kihara? or a Kihara wannabe. But from the novel. From all the Kihara's that shown up. They are all MAD and Dangerous.
Old 2013-09-15, 13:59   Link #225
Breimoon

well , if mikoto manages to use more eletricity then accelerator can calculate then she should have a chance. But we gotta say that while mikoto is in 5.02 mode , accelerator by now should be at least 5,50 mode (considering the fights not only with the sisters but against all the lastest enemies too) so we have to wait for mikoto to reach at least that level to make comparisons
And she is said to be aleister favourite too , wonder why though. Is he planning to use her with misaka network and accellerator for something???maybe to control touma's power and nullify magic in all world??
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:30   Link #226
ChronoReverse

Does Accelerator still need the Misaka network during the Mikoto 5.02 period? Would he lose access to all the calculations right now since Mikoto is using it?
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:34   Link #227
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^Yes he needs the Misaka Network, but that isn't the Misaka Network that flowed into Misaka.
Old 2013-09-21, 15:35   Link #228
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Does Accelerator still need the Misaka network during the Mikoto 5.02 period? Would he lose access to all the calculations right now since Mikoto is using it?
Even if the clones are ko I think they still would do the job for him.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:38   Link #229
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^Yes he needs the Misaka Network, but that isn't the Misaka Network that flowed into Misaka.
Eh, wasn't the whole point that the viruses lowered their defenses so that Misaka's cloned brain could take them over and force them to calculate for Mikoto?

Quote:
Even if the clones are ko I think they still would do the job for him.
Sure but if they're actively doing calculations for Mikoto then they wouldn't have capacity left for Accelerator.

I wonder if Accelerator just suddenly woke up no ability that morning.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 16:39   Link #230
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^That scientist who works for Misaki said it wasn't the network
Old 2013-09-21, 17:35   Link #231
Breimoon

is it the same thing that misaki used then??the one that power ups her?? Makes one think what were the other lvl 6 projects like for mugino and the others(if there were any)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 17:37   Link #232
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^We don't know yet
Old 2013-09-22, 08:07   Link #233
zaeraal

Misaki uses Exterior - piece of her brain that was enlarged to the point it would not fit in a van.
Gensei used Exterior to reprogram Misaka Network to input the power from Imaginary Number District into Mikoto.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 21:57   Link #234
Digimaster6662000

Really guys

Spoiler for LNs up to New Testament 07:

Now with that cleared up, you can come up with a way way to defeat Accelerator without Imagine Breaker. After all, different styles of magic, like Jewish as compared to Roman Catholic, have different innate vectors.
Digimaster6662000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 22:20   Link #235
Gray Servant

Er, actually, having strange vectors isn't enough. Accelerator doesn't understand magic until volume 22, while in volume 20 he blocks the attacks some Russian magicians send his way just fine. He says he can't understand the attacks, but his reflection still functions, it just functions strangely.

Spoiler for Volume 20:

Same thing happens with Gabriel.

Spoiler for Volume 21:

His reflection doesn't send things back perfectly when he can't understand the vectors, but it still protects him just fine. Dark Matter got through by exploiting the fact that he needs some amount of sunlight in order to live and tricking his vector shield into thinking the sunlight was harmless.

The attack Fiamma threw piercing his vectors makes sense if you consider that Fiamma's attacks specifically have no explicit speed or force, they just hit and destroy the target basically because Fiamma throws it. Aiwass is the strongest being in the series more than likely, her being able to pierce it is no surprise. Or it could just be an aspect of Telesma.

Last edited by Gray Servant; 2013-10-03 at 22:31.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 03:56   Link #236
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

An intersting thought came up during coffee today:

The Mighty Shield weilded by Captain Steven Rogers of The Howling Commandos is said to not only be absolutely unbreakable (not even GODS can break it), but also be able to reflect ALL force directed into it.

This was rather graphcially demonstrated when he emerged unscathed in the center of a crater in a forrest blasted free of vegetation and animal life, caused by The God Of Thunder striking his Hammer FULL FORCE into his shield.

So.

If Captain Rogers stikes Accelerator through his Mighty Shield with ALL his might, and the little devil plays his "reflect-force" card, every bone in his arm, shoulder and possibly ribcage would theoretically shatter as ALL the force is reflected once more right back into him, yes?

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2013-11-15 at 04:23.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 09:45   Link #237
Gray Servant

Nah, you're misunderstanding how the shield works, the shield doesn't reflect anything. Accelerator would reflect the force of the blow back into the shield and the shield would just absorb it. The movie did something weird with it.

And if it did, Accelerator would just reflect the force again, presuming creating a loop until one of them moves off.

I also don't really get the point of all these ways of beating Accel from other universes. Toaru isn't a very high tier verse, there's plenty of verses or characters from other verses that can take Accel. It's more interesting to try to find a way to do it within his own verse.

Hell I don't even get the obsession with finding a way to beat him. There's tons of people in his own verse that can take out Accelerator. Why not focusing on Fiamma for once? Or Kakine? That guy is a freaking cockroach when it comes to surviving.

http://i.imgur.com/1AhleSW.jpg

Plenty of people above Accel to focus on.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 09:41   Link #238
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
well , if mikoto manages to use more eletricity then accelerator can calculate then she should have a chance.
Seeing as Gunha and Touma alone can block them, I highly doubt it.

Quote:
And she is said to be aleister favourite too
For the record, this was a mistranslation. Looking at the original text, Gensei says he is using Misaka's body to trigger the awakening of a sleeping power that is a/the favorite of the General Superintendent.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 02:36   Link #239
Phibrizzo
Honos628

:P Giga slave
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 00:44   Link #240
Wandering Soul

What about the spell that the Pope used in an attempt to stop Fiamma? It sounds like it is a spell that affects the mind and Accelerator hasn't shown that he can defend himself against those.