AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 00:49   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 671 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Not much to say right now. Welcome to the new thread. I think there'll be spoilers shortly, but I am unsure. Here's hoping we'll be amazed...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 02:04   Link #2
akumaten

Heres comes the Destiny ex Machina no Jutsu
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 02:11   Link #3
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

So Sage said he will give Sasuke Indra's power. But what will he give to Naruto?
Old 2014-04-02, 02:13   Link #4
ranchan13

And it's official, the ship that's gonna sail first is NaruSasu.

Well, we all guessed it, where Indra and Ashura have been the last couple generations.
We also predicted the Sasuke/Sage meeting
And the chapter ends with Gai's resolve to use a more forbidden jutsu that can only be used during his forbidden jutsu.
Hopefully Gai gets to bitchslap Madara next chapter, and put him on the ropes before his final collapse. I'd like to see Madara have a shot at gloating after Gai's death too, just before the good ship NaruSasu comes to port and punks him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
So Sage said he will give Sasuke Indra's power. But what will he give to Naruto?
He gave Naruto more tailed beast control?
Or maybe we find out later "Naruto didn't need anything from the Sage, he only needed to work harder"
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 02:29   Link #5
The Small One

I'm a bit irritated on how the Sasuke part was included into the chapter.
It was kind of obvious, that Sasuke would have his own conversation with the sage during his near-death moment as well, but as it was handled now was a bit unsatisfiing, since we didn't get the slightest idea of what the sage actually told him
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 02:33   Link #6
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

So when the sage said "I'll give my power to you, Indra's reincarnation". What did he mean by that? Does the sage plans to give Sasuke the rinnegan?
Old 2014-04-02, 02:34   Link #7
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm a bit irritated on how the Sasuke part was included into the chapter.
It was kind of obvious, that Sasuke would have his own conversation with the sage during his near-death moment as well, but as it was handled now was a bit unsatisfiing, since we didn't get the slightest idea of what the sage actually told him
Hopefully, we get that in a flashback soonish
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-04-02, 03:05   Link #8
Esclair

So they're going to fusion? =P
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 03:09   Link #9
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
So they're going to fusion? =P
Hey, it worked for DBZ. How else was that series gonna jump the shark?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-04-02, 03:18   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

new chapter is soooo gay
if they're fusion, then Naruto series has turned up into a cheap shounen...

Hashirama and Madara being a direct descendant of Sage-of-Six-Path is already written in several fanfiction which means it isn't a surprise anymore for the reader

C'mon Kishimoto!!!! I'm starting to lose faith again in this series... hoping for better development
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 03:22   Link #11
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Why did Indra and Ashura waited so long to reincarnate themselves? I can understand Indra. Since Madara was still alive. But why didn't Ashura reincarnated before. Especially since there were three shinobi world wars between Hashi dying and Naruto being born?

Can they only reincarnate at the same time?
Old 2014-04-02, 03:44   Link #12
battle22

Quote:
if they're fusion, then Naruto series has turned up into a cheap shounen...
I believe it turned into cheap shounen after reaching 300+ chapters and 300+ episodes.
Old 2014-04-02, 03:53   Link #13
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Why did Indra and Ashura waited so long to reincarnate themselves? I can understand Indra. Since Madara was still alive. But why didn't Ashura reincarnated before. Especially since there were three shinobi world wars between Hashi dying and Naruto being born?

Can they only reincarnate at the same time?
I don't think they can choose for themselves, when or in who they reincarnate.
Though on the other hand the sage sounded like Ashura('s chakra) choose Naruto on purpose. If that's the case, then maybe the host has to have special characteristics and noone had them until Naruto was born.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 03:55   Link #14
yakumo-chan

The more this series gets to the end, the more sucker it gets...
I bet the ending will not be satisfying also... what a shame...
Old 2014-04-02, 04:10   Link #15
ImperialFlameGod8190

This was horrible absolutely horrible im curious whats next but im also furious at how they almost completely denied Gai until the end this is not cool well next week should be amusing
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 04:20   Link #16
II Maestro

Aw I'm really looking forward to Gai v.s Madara fight without interruptions.

Oh well its alright seeing the 9 tailed beast chakra inside Naruto and also looking forward to what Naruto & Sasuke will receive from the Sage.
Old 2014-04-02, 04:54   Link #17
HasuMasu
*Artist

Somehow I really want to see Sasuke's side.

A lot of surprises.
Old 2014-04-02, 06:28   Link #18
alviam099

The Mother having being the original bearer of Byakugan surprises me. It seems Sharingan was a rip-off because it was basically a third eye. Ew.

What confuses me is in 670, we actually see Indra use Susanoo, wouldn't he have gotten blind since he fights Ashura with the freaking Kyuubi look-alike consistently?

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 07:04   Link #19
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
The Mother having being the original bearer of Byakugan surprises me. It seems Sharingan was a rip-off because it was basically a third eye. Ew.

What confuses me is in 670, we actually see Indra use Susanoo, wouldn't he have gotten blind since he fights Ashura with the freaking Kyuubi look-alike consistently?
"Special Chakra".
Old 2014-04-02, 07:38   Link #20
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
-You know, that IS a pretty good development. Kaguya having the original Byakugan is actually pretty damn good. With all this talk of Sharingans, Mangekyo and Eternal Mangekyo Sharingans and Rinnengans, it seems like the Byakugan was left completely in the dust. This at least makes it more relevant because, lets face it, it isn't like Hinata will be doing anything from now on. It's all Naruto and Sasuke's show from this point forward.

-Chapter was, less impressive than the last. I think it might have something to do with Naruto's reaction. Or rather lack thereof. See last chapter was great considering he was still the bumbling idiot I knew and loved, reacting to everything the Sage was telling him. But then, he gets the reincarnation bombshell and he's basically saying "Oh? Meh". It just doesn't feel right having Naruto play the stoic or reacting with as little emotion as possible.

-However, at least we've wrapped up Sage's business and got back to Gai's fight. Except he's all broken down and we've not seen ANY of it. Kishimoto, I know you wanna go back to focusing on Sasuke and everything, but can't you give one of your characters at least SOME level of respect before their inevitable death? Oh well, next is the "Night Moth". Hopefully it'll smash Madara down good before Guy expires.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion