AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 03:48   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Seems like over-the top moe show so far, disappointing (and that's coming from someone who loved K-on).

I'm not too thrilled by the character designs for one. They are everything I've seen before a hundred times (ojou-sama stereotype, knight-girl stereotype, prince-stereotype, mahou shojo stereotype, benevolent goddess stereotype, opposite twins stereotype, maid stereotype, villager stereotype etc). Same stereotype personalities with same stereotype sharp voice acting as well (thus far).

Secondly, I despise this "main characters are special" for no parent reason, routine. Its such a pathetic excuse to shine the spotlight on them. Their relationship doesn't seem to make much sense either. Though I suppose we can always assume they simply grew up together, or something like that.

Well anyway, nothing good about the show for now.
Old 2010-07-03, 06:17   Link #42
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 1:
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:23   Link #43
Wrath88
Kissing...

I never played the game on hearing how slow the plot is, and it seems like the anime reflects it. Well, the time spent watching the anime will be a LOT shorter than that if I played the game, so I'll stick with the anime.
Old 2010-07-03, 10:43   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Let's see, I liked it, pure and simple I like what I like and I liked this, alot.
It's rather silly fun and I'm fine with that as to start with didn't know anything about this apart from the fact I loved the character designs
I like the humor, especially when it involves Carina and the twins.
Oh and how blissful it must be to be blessed by the gods like that, who else needs to show up now, a megane-chan?
But then I think it's just as Shinova puts it
Quote:
It's mindboggling just how easily he melts females he comes across without trying or even realizing it. Then you see his mindbogglingly hot mom and you discover why. :lol:
It does enough for what it is to get (b^_^)b from me.
Old 2010-07-03, 10:47   Link #45
ZeKeR
Superbad

i pray this be awesome..... this MUST!!!
Old 2010-07-03, 11:44   Link #46
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I had real trouble getting through the first ten minutes.... way too sugary for me. Next week looks interesting, I'll stick around for one more episode.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 12:29   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Their relationship doesn't seem to make much sense either. Though I suppose we can always assume they simply grew up together, or something like that.
Spoiler for Cross-reference game vs. Episode 1 (no future spoilers):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Even for a first episode, there's no conflict at all, nothing really happened. [...] Still, looking at the last minute of the show previews it seems that there is going to be some plot and even action, so I'm looking forward for that. Not setting my hopes too high, though.
I would just say to keep in mind that this is a comedy first and foremost. It's really only a parody of an RPG. I guess I would say it's 60% comedy/fluff, 20% romance (we'll see for the anime), and 20% drama/plot. So as long as you're okay with that "formula" and don't expect it'll all of a sudden change into a different beast entirely, then you might be okay with the show. The one thing I can't accuse this show of being is overly-ambitious; it seems like it knows what it's trying to do and is sticking with it. For a 12-episode show, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I never played the game on hearing how slow the plot is, and it seems like the anime reflects it. Well, the time spent watching the anime will be a LOT shorter than that if I played the game, so I'll stick with the anime.
Without getting into it, how slow the plot mostly depends on how many optional quests you decide to do (if you're a completionist, the first chapter can definitely can take a long time). But the anime itself appears to be sort of like a highlight reel on fast forward, and is only 12 episodes, so yeah -- you'll get the basics, anyway.
Old 2010-07-03, 12:57   Link #48
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Art is good, the story seems whacky (since after all, it was based off some adult PC game) but at least theres some comedy in it.

escapism will do the work I guess. I'l probably keep watching this for now.
Old 2010-07-03, 13:53   Link #49
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I would just say to keep in mind that this is a comedy first and foremost. It's really only a parody of an RPG. I guess I would say it's 60% comedy/fluff, 20% romance (we'll see for the anime), and 20% drama/plot. So as long as you're okay with that "formula" and don't expect it'll all of a sudden change into a different beast entirely, then you might be okay with the show. The one thing I can't accuse this show of being is overly-ambitious; it seems like it knows what it's trying to do and is sticking with it. For a 12-episode show, I don't think that's a bad thing.
Yeah, that's what I gather as well. A light-hearted story, and that's what the anime is trying to achieve too. It doesn't mean that it's automatically bad, it can still be fun and enjoyable. Thanks for giving an idea for what to expect, now I want to try out what's the real game is like but sadly it's unavailable in English. Hopefully it'll be good enough to spark up interest? Very small chance, I know...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 14:30   Link #50
SemperMalum

Seriously, I wasn't expecting too much in terms of plot or anything like that. Those, I'll leave to other animes. This is more or less light hearted though mindless fan service.

That being said, Shelly aka Mother... Done. Just... Done. I mean... Just... Done. I don't even... Yeah... Done...

I'm just going to leave now.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 14:36   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I was trying to get around to playing the game a while back, but never managed to find the time for it amidst all the other things that were occupying me ... i guess this is my chance to get a condensed version of the story. And much as i remember a certain someone saying *waves at relentless*, this was an exercise in pure, unrestrained fluff.

And fluff it was; if there is one thing that stood out about this episode, it was just how busy it felt, and just about each and every one of those busy moments was in turn busy trying to induct me with diabetes, and nearly succeeding. It was almost a little overwhelming, but i will learn to live with it - after all i have nothing against fluff

The cast seems quite likable overall, and although they had a bit too many character introductions to get a proper feel for most of them, they still did fine in establishing the basic traits of their personalities and, for the most part, how their relationship dynamics work with each other. (Loved the twins and their antics - i have always had a soft spot for a snarky/gullible comedy duo).

From the females on their own, i found myself rather fond of Carina - while the rest fall inside more ready archetypes, it has been a while since i have encountered what is technically an ojousama, but doesn't really act like we are used to see them act, and wears her heart on a sleeve ... on that note i wonder if Leicester has done the impossible in managing to miss her more than obvious giganormous crush on him, but the answer is probably "yes" ... even though girls are falling left and right for him, he seems the type for whom it would fly over his head, until smacked directly in the face with it ... in the literal meaning probably ... ah well, all part of the franchise, will have to ride it out and see where (if anywhere) it takes us.

Overall i was rather satisfied with this start - while the episode was pretty crammed, it left me feeling that the show generally knows what it is and what it is trying to do, which is always reassuring. Hard to say where the plot leads from here (aside from deeper in to a sugary dose of lively fluff), but that should become clear soon enough. It won't be anything groundbreaking, but it looks to be gearing towards being enjoyable, which is what matters for me in the end.
Old 2010-07-03, 14:50   Link #52
SemperMalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
And fluff it was; if there is one thing that stood out about this episode, it was just how busy it felt, and just about each and every one of those busy moments was in turn busy trying to induct me with diabetes, and nearly succeeding. It was almost a little overwhelming, but i will learn to live with it - after all i have nothing against fluff
At least the good thing about fluff is you know what you're getting.

Unless I am horribly, horribly, horribly, HORRIBLY wrong, it's almost guaranteed we won't get a School Days out of it.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 14:56   Link #53
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Skyfall, diabetes is a condition where you have problems with urinating and also experience abnormal hunger and thirst. Are you sure that's the word you intended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post
At least the good thing about fluff is you know what you're getting.

Unless I am horribly, horribly, horribly, HORRIBLY wrong, it's almost guaranteed we won't get a School Days out of it.
There are very few shows that get the school days vibe. Actually I like to think school days is its own niche in the already niche genre.
Old 2010-07-03, 15:14   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
@ Skyfall, diabetes is a condition where you have problems with urinating and also experience abnormal hunger and thirst. Are you sure that's the word you intended?
What you listed are some of the more unpleasant side effects, the condition is more commonly known as a person having high sugar level within his blood (due to insufficient insulin, but that isn't relevant to the point), hence the comment of the anime being so high on sugary cuteness that it might well be prone to causing said disorder
Old 2010-07-03, 18:17   Link #55
karuroso

=O i was expecting some kind of monster atk or some disastrous accident to happen at some point and i have to say i'm really surprised at the pace the ep had, overall i liked it, mostly how the characters were introduced and the character design as well

Last edited by karuroso; 2010-07-03 at 19:16.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 19:39   Link #56
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Same artist/designs as Rosario + Vampire anime.

No wonder the artwork was familiar to me and good.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 21:56   Link #57
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It's pretty cute so far....but is there really a reason why they all look like they're blushing or something all the time? Hmm, more moe?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 22:22   Link #58
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
It's pretty cute so far....but is there really a reason why they all look like they're blushing or something all the time? Hmm, more moe?
It's actually like this in the game as well (yes, even for Leicester); I guess it's just part of ko~cha's "moe" character designs.
Old 2010-07-04, 00:36   Link #59
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This is ridiculously cute, in a good way. I don't share a lot of the complaints about the anime; as long as the characters keep this sort of interesting dialogue, I don't care about its fluff or lack or plot. I love the pace and the setting. This is what I wanted when I was playing Rune Factory Frontier.

Anges has the best voice, I have to say, but my favorite is Ritos.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 01:30   Link #60
Preacher

Cute? Wasnt it made from Eroge? Wich means all the characters blushing all the time and clinging to main hero have far from innocent meanings made for just moe.

Tags
adventure, eroge, fantasy, romance, seinen