AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 05:27   Link #1301
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
KF was talking about the recent male ones...
I know but look , Lee Sin boring ? One of the hardest champ to play which means that Garen (Q+E) etc... are even more boring.
Brand? need more skillshots than Annie QWR.
Well Nocturne if we can say that he's a male. His skills are pretty cool.(One of my main jungler)

Well Rumble is boring i admit. Skarner & Yorick too. Wukong , always fun to press "S" instead of W. Talon's skills are good as assassin.
Didn't play Graves yet.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 09:23   Link #1302
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, imo Talon could have been better, but he's not too bad. Skarner is a bit too cookie-cutter for me, the tough chaser with a bit of heal...Yorick's plain bad;I'm not saying he's unplayable, but he is extremely dependent on mana and CDR if you want him to be able to harass, survivability and damage come second seeing the 5s minion lifespan, and his ult...wonder how that works with Karthus :P
Brand can be very fun to use, but most people go for the stun and never really experiment when it comes to ingenuity, I once picked an awesome triple kill by seering once behind me and then turning around for E+R, forcing the about-to-scatter enemies to keep chasing me, eating all of the pyroclasm, and when they started running back, flash+W FTW!
Also note that, even though female champs got their load of fun to share (Katarina, Akali, Vayne,etc.), there's also the stock of boredom (Sivir, Sona, MF, etc.).
As for most fun champ in LoL, I'd have to pick Zilean, my fingers are always tapping away at something whenever I'm playing with him, and simultaneous double time bomb kills are too pleasing to pass on.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 12:24   Link #1303
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yorick... plain bad? He's like at least top 5 solo on top lane, if not the best (only drawback is his contribution to teamfights, as outside of his ult he's kinda meh teamfighter). He beats or draws with Cho, Irelia, GP, Jax, Singed etc. even with his most recent nerfs. And once you get enough mana via tear, it's so much fun sending waves of minions after minions against your opposing lane. XD

For me, most fun champ to play is Udyr. Two inherent ways to play him, and stance dancing means you're always doing something be it when jungling, traversing the map, or teamfighting.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 12:32   Link #1304
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Iunno, tried Yorick recently on his free week, with many different builds, and CC would always get the best of me, either dishing out enough dmg to make a further engagement unfavorable, or killing my zoning. Been playing some Irelia this week though, and managed mid very well with nothing but a regrowth pendant; the true damage from W really shows if you sneak an AA while chaining her skills, puts the hurt on everyone. I'll give Yorick another try next time he's available...
Old 2011-10-27, 13:21   Link #1305
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Also note that, even though female champs got their load of fun to share (Katarina, Akali, Vayne,etc.), there's also the stock of boredom (Sivir, Sona, MF, etc.).
I agree for sivir 95% of the time, but she can be fun mid vs a caster and timing her small shield to screw up their combo [sivir vs Kennen for example was fun], though I'd disagree with Sona she's very fun for me to play especially with her harass early game and learning to micro-manage her power chord[use with Q for harass or turret damage, with W to defend an ally or shut down a turret dive attempt with -40% dmg dealt, or E to slow a fleeing or chasing opponent]. She can be a game changer really, I tend end up with 20~40 assists, few kills, and minimal deaths during a good game for her.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 13:51   Link #1306
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I used to like Sona a lot, but after playing various casters and support champs, I always found myself just tapping QWE near allies and enemies while circling around the place with her. The results are good of course, especially with a Rylai's to pitch in the slow, but it's just not as fun...hell, even stacking Soraka's starcall is more fun these days xD Also interested in AP Taric lately, managed to burst a 6-feast Cho'gath in a few seconds, although it's not really what Taric should be doing - but it's still fun to see people go "0_0" a few seconds later.
Old 2011-10-27, 13:54   Link #1307
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Also interested in AP Taric lately, managed to burst a 6-feast Cho'gath in a few seconds, although it's not really what Taric should be doing - but it's still fun to see people go "0_0" a few seconds later.
It's strange, I was aiming for Taric and thinking of the same idea I really do need a support in my champion roster, Taric seems to be high priority on my list but I wont be able to heal as much as other supports.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:57   Link #1308
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Do you guys try to get a collection of champions for every role or do you prefer to spezialize on one thing? Personally I'd love to go solo top all the time but try getting a jungler or people who actually undertand lane setups in solo queue hahahahaha no. Also does someone want to donate me a few IP so I can buy some rune pages ;_;

Also Yorick is strong if you can play him on a high level. I have to agree on him being boring though
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:56   Link #1309
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I'm trying to get at least one or two champions I'm good with per role, gives me more versatility and I can at least try and ensure proper team comp if I can play more than one role.
e.g.
Tanks - Singed, Amumu, Alistar
Ranged AD - Caitlyn
Support - Sona, Taric
AP - Brand, Annie, Morgana, Akali
Jungler - Amumu (Learning Noc now)
Melee AD - Nasus (And again, learning Noc)
I just end up filling in the blanks in champ select, though I'm limited by my rune pages (I'm still on two, gotta get the 7 page bundle I think).
Old 2011-10-27, 22:23   Link #1310
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I play somewhat of a balance
Tank: Leona
AP: Nidalee/Lux/Katrina
Support: Sona(I don't really like playing Nidalee or Lux as "pure" support)
AD/Off tank: Irelia
Ranged AD carry: Ashe/Sivir(I need to buy Caitlyn I like her soo much more than these two ]
Jungler: None til I buy skarners or find someone else I can jungle with well.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 01:37   Link #1311
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I've got a nice collection of about 20 champs, mixing in just about everything. Whenever I feel that a champion is underplayed, I'll start working on them
Btw I made a full AP runepage, reaching 71 AP at LV1 with Galio, but so far most of the comments I got were of the "y u troll?" kind
Quote:
Taric seems to be high priority on my list but I wont be able to heal as much as other supports.
Actually Taric is the fastest healer after Sona (and Sion, considering his ult), and you can reduce imbue's cd with auto-attacks. Plus, it always heals you too He's a very good support champ, comes with a heal, stun, 2 auras and a mana regen passive, playing him as an aura whore can really make a significant difference in team fights.
Old 2011-10-28, 12:41   Link #1312
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

There are two underplayed roles in this game: jungler, and support. Not a lot play the former because they're the scapegoat, while the latter is not played because it isn't as exciting as the other roles. So if you want to be able to fill out your team comp every game, then being able to play both is a necessity as there will ALWAYS be someone who can play the other roles, AP and AD carry.

That said, I feel it's better for you to specialize in one role, and have both jungler/support as your minor roles if neither is your main. And of the two, I highly suggest you spend more time learning jungler, as either Soraka/Taric will always be available. That is neither is ban material and if enemy team took one, they aint going to take the other. On top of that both are ridiculously easy to play unlike some of the more finesse supports like Janna or Sona.

Junglers on the other hand can have you failing miserably if the other jungler is much more experienced and decides to counterjungle you, so putting more effort learning this role gives more returns than spending more time on support as part of your minor roles.

So yeah, I used to specialize in AP carries and support, but me having to jungle most of the time had me specializing in it. I know extremely well 5 champs, have great familiarity with a dozen or so or more, and played at least twice anyone else who can jungle.

That said, I still need to know at least like 2 champs for other roles in the case I do not jungle (which I found goes from 0% with other people to jungling to like 20% wanting to jungle at 1500 elo back then). So, in order of being most effective at that role to least effective..

Support: Soraka, Taric
Top solo: Galio, Cho
AP Carry: Malzahar, Annie
AD carry: Tristana, Kog'maw

If there's one weakness I have though it's AD carry, since my Moba backgroud, Tides of Blood, essentially had all heroes being dependent on their skills. So I try to tell my teammates not to make go ad carry or we lose. It isn't a problem though, because there are NO shortage of people being able to play AD carry (or even AP carry, so I kinda rusty in that regard).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:51   Link #1313
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I can play whatever even if my main spec is Jungler cuz 80% times no one want to jungle so i decided to do it. Except in premade or to make my fast PI bonus of the day vs bots.

So far the hardest champ that i have a hard time to masterize is Lee Sin.
Old 2011-10-28, 15:06   Link #1314
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Here's my composition or what I plan to get. I'm still trying to decide which jungler to get but so far I'm going with this.

Tank/Off-Tank: Mordekaiser, Malphite
AD Carry: Nocturne, Olaf
AP Carry: Talon, Jax
Jungler: Warwick
Support: Taric, Karma

I'm more of a melee-type person instead of ranged. Probably because of my Death Knight madness in WoW. Or my tank-melee dps love as a Warrior in Guild Wars.
Old 2011-10-28, 15:21   Link #1315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Currently mastering AP/AS Orianna, with the infamous "second hand" build. Make what you will of that...
Old 2011-10-28, 15:57   Link #1316
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , Nocturne & Olaf better be offtank and they can jungle very well (Olaf is one of the fatest jungler , even the fatest with Shaco. Nocturne best ganker) They do great damage even with armor/mr.
Talon is AD carry. Jax is Hybrid , Gunblade/Rageblade after it depends if you want more AP damage or AD.
WW good jungler but his early gank is harder compared to others. Cuz he have no CC.
Also a great TOP.
Old 2011-10-28, 17:23   Link #1317
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well , Nocturne & Olaf better be offtank and they can jungle very well (Olaf is one of the fatest jungler , even the fatest with Shaco. Nocturne best ganker) They do great damage even with armor/mr.
I do remember one player building 2 Warmog's Armor for Olaf which made his health skyrocket past 3000 (All he had was 2 Warmogs and a Doran's Shield) or somewhere near that from what I remember. But I never heard of Olaf jungling. Nocturne I agree is a pretty good ganker, so I can still place out a very decent damage while having a good armor focus for Nocturne?

Quote:
Talon is AD carry. Jax is Hybrid , Gunblade/Rageblade after it depends if you want more AP damage or AD.
Hmm, maybe I was thinking of Katarina? I can't remember so well, but I generally build Jax more into AP since I aim for the 500+ hp 80+ ap scepter which is easier to get then Frozen Mallet in my opinion (could be wrong).

Quote:
WW good jungler but his early gank is harder compared to others. Cuz he have no CC.
Also a great TOP.
So I should probably look more into getting a jungler that has a great CC?
Old 2011-10-28, 19:16   Link #1318
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I do remember one player building 2 Warmog's Armor for Olaf which made his health skyrocket past 3000 (All he had was 2 Warmogs and a Doran's Shield) or somewhere near that from what I remember. But I never heard of Olaf jungling. Nocturne I agree is a pretty good ganker, so I can still place out a very decent damage while having a good armor focus for Nocturne?

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of Katarina? I can't remember so well, but I generally build Jax more into AP since I aim for the 500+ hp 80+ ap scepter which is easier to get then Frozen Mallet in my opinion (could be wrong).

Lol 2 Warmorgs. Well , 1 is enough then build the atma.

I play Nocturne jungle , my core build = Wriggle , Mercure , Youmuu , then after it depends on the opponent.

More AD dmg = take Randuin or Thornmail , then banshee and last item is a dps item , your choice , Infinite edge/Bloodthirst/Trinity....

More AP dmg = Banshee , FoN , last item dps.

And if the game still doesn't end and you have lot of moneys , switch wriggle with Madred. Usually , game end when you get Youmuu or 1st def item.

For the jungler , yeah , better to start with a jungler like Nocturne , Xin , Udyr if you want more successful gank.
Or you still can play WW , when you're ready to gank with Red buff at level 4 for example , tell your mate to be ready and play aggressive , and you can slow mvt with Red buff + have the blood aura when enemy are about to die.
Or wait your lv6 to get your CC ultimate but well 0 early gank ouch.
Old 2011-10-28, 23:14   Link #1319
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Lol 2 Warmorgs. Well , 1 is enough then build the atma.
Just imagining an Olaf with 2 Warmorgs and atma

Quote:
I play Nocturne jungle , my core build = Wriggle , Mercure , Youmuu , then after it depends on the opponent.
I heard Nocturne was a very strong jungler from Konakaga. Before you start you buy the 12% lifesteal scythe first yes?

Quote:
More AD dmg = take Randuin or Thornmail , then banshee and last item is a dps item , your choice , Infinite edge/Bloodthirst/Trinity....
I've always wondered about one thing. When picking up Thornmail, does it work against "all" basic attack damage done on you? Or only against melee champions since I occasionally get it when I see a Xin/Yi/Tryn on the field.

Quote:
For the jungler , yeah , better to start with a jungler like Nocturne , Xin , Udyr if you want more successful gank.
Or you still can play WW , when you're ready to gank with Red buff at level 4 for example , tell your mate to be ready and play aggressive , and you can slow mvt with Red buff + have the blood aura when enemy are about to die.
Or wait your lv6 to get your CC ultimate but well 0 early gank ouch.
I'll probably just stick with junglers that can CC since I'm still a low level
Old 2011-10-29, 00:03   Link #1320
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
When picking up Thornmail, does it work against "all" basic attack damage done on you?
IIRC it works against all AA, but only for the physical portion and its damage it calculated after the reduction and is mitigated by enemy MR. That is to say, it works wonders on glass cannon Yis, but 90% of the time I'd rather reduce enemy attack speed with Randuin's Omen or frozen heart.
Quote:
But I never heard of Olaf jungling.
Third jungler to ever come to my attention He's pretty popular, few Olafs lane.
Quote:
Nocturne I agree is a pretty good ganker, so I can still place out a very decent damage while having a good armor focus for Nocturne?
You only need one item for armor, and if you get HP/AR+HP/MR, your survivability problems are contained in 2 slots. This is how tanky dps work with Randuin's omen, Banshee's veil, Triforce, Shurelia's Reverie etc.
Quote:
Just imagining an Olaf with 2 Warmorgs and atma
Like Sho said, one's enough. Why not pick a frozen mallet instead of a second warmog's armor?
Quote:
Fiddlesticks is pretty cool, and cheap too...can take on drake at LV4 (2 points in drain) and ganks very well with crowstorm and dark wind.

Tags
league of legends, lol