AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 21.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 19:49   Link #41
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I was expecting a more of romance and tsundere scenes between Yuji and Shana but nope... It's still a long way though, can't wait!
Old 2011-11-06, 00:15   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

I also thought Hecate was funny. She seemed to show more personality for quite a while and that face after asking what everyone was laughing about was priceless. Subtly dissing Sydonay was funny as well.

Also what the hell is Dantalion doing with Domino. Oh, I don't want to know.
I dunno but Hecate's voice and her overall blue and white colouring is very relaxing. Her serenity is one of the reasons why I love her to bits...

That must be the main use of Dantalion's tools >_>
Old 2011-11-06, 03:10   Link #43
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Shana: What the hell do you think this is? Final Fantasy?
I lol'd.
Old 2011-11-06, 05:25   Link #44
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Ok..i just finished to see the episode sub...and i liked this very much

I liked the flashback of Shana past with Shiro, she was to cute!!!!

The reunion between Shana and Yuji was a bit hard.., i think is normal for Shana be afraid of Yuji in this moment..

And Hecate...,i don't care if you're on the bad side, in my eyes you're too cute!!!!

The Professor continues to be increasingly crazy...

In the end i'm enjoying seeing all the antagonists in this moment!!!
Old 2011-11-06, 11:54   Link #45
Deathscyther

Nice episode. 8/10.

Everyone is preparing for the coming war in their own way. I guess we will get to know more flame haze and tomogara before the war starts.

Good to see Yuji's human side. He isn't used to see Shana so weak and vulnerable, so he became worried and didn't know what to do in that situation. Guess we'll be getting more of these Shana-Yuji moments in the coming episodes.

I was happy with the cute Shana moments here and there. Young Shana was cute as hell as well.
Old 2011-11-06, 11:59   Link #46
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
@Ec1ge, panpanpanpanmelonpan: lol thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I dunno but Hecate's voice and her overall blue and white colouring is very relaxing. Her serenity is one of the reasons why I love her to bits...
Yea, Mamiko Noto is one hell of a voice actor and for her to just diss Sydonay is funny.

Quote:
That must be the main use of Dantalion's tools >_>
I don't want to know about the main use of his tools, considering Shana-tan implies he most certainly does get off them.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-06, 14:07   Link #47
Senshigeia

Just finished watching it again, with subs. I enjoyed it, but I don't regret my vote, which was a 7/10.

I expected more of Shana's reunion with Yuji, though I actually liked it: of course, Shana is afraid of him, and Yuji is not used to that. Also, since I recently re-watched Season 1, I remember Yuji promised her not to leave her alone - which is her biggest fear. Now she is all alone and very vulnerable. I am happy to see she hasn't lost her perkiness though, demanding Yuji to take the Hougu off, and knowing she tried to escape.

I also expected to have more drama with Shana hurting herself, when trying to cut the Hougu When I read it at the novel thread, I imagined it to be really dramatic: she laid in the bed sick and Yuji by her side. In the episode we only had a glimpse at her wrist and Yuji saying what happened...
Yuji loosing his head was interesting also, and unusual... and Lamies to show up, it is getting interesting

As for the second part, seeing Wilhelmina loosing her head, not knowing she had the back-pack on her back was cute ^^, and shows how much she is attached to Shana. And her clothes!! LMAO - I think before, with the previous Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite, she was a distinguished lady... why is she always dressed as a victorian maid?

As for Hecate, I like her very much. Her voice is to calming and composed.
The doctor reminds me of Season 3 of Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon! xD
Old 2011-11-06, 14:34   Link #48
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
Just finished watching it again, with subs. I enjoyed it, but I don't regret my vote, which was a 7/10.

I expected more of Shana's reunion with Yuji, though I actually liked it: of course, Shana is afraid of him, and Yuji is not used to that. Also, since I recently re-watched Season 1, I remember Yuji promised her not to leave her alone - which is her biggest fear. Now she is all alone and very vulnerable. I am happy to see she hasn't lost her perkiness though, demanding Yuji to take the Hougu off, and knowing she tried to escape.

I also expected to have more drama with Shana hurting herself, when trying to cut the Hougu When I read it at the novel thread, I imagined it to be really dramatic: she laid in the bed sick and Yuji by her side. In the episode we only had a glimpse at her wrist and Yuji saying what happened...
Yuji loosing his head was interesting also, and unusual... and Lamies to show up, it is getting interesting

As for the second part, seeing Wilhelmina loosing her head, not knowing she had the back-pack on her back was cute ^^, and shows how much she is attached to Shana. And her clothes!! LMAO - I think before, with the previous Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite, she was a distinguished lady... why is she always dressed as a victorian maid?

As for Hecate, I like her very much. Her voice is to calming and composed.
The doctor reminds me of Season 3 of Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon! xD

I agree...why Wilhelmina is always dressed like this??!!!

And i i will say this for a long time..i really like when Wilhelmina turn in a Flame Haze, when the mask on her face appears..is look like a Hollow..gives me a sense of power!
Old 2011-11-06, 17:04   Link #49
Nickymanga

i liked this episode! I like the yuji and shana interaction.

but honestly I don't really know what to make of yuji badass, I have read some of the novel summaries online so I have a basic understanding of the whole wanting to protect his loved ones which include shana and change the fate of the flame haze however going by the anime season 1 and 2 I find it hard to come to grips with the idea of Yuji turning kind of bad for the greater good.

I don't exactly know how he was portrayed in the novels but because of his kind of passive, nice guy yet slighty insensitive nature and also the because there was never any romantic signs of love from his side shown in the anime I can't beleive that upon realising his love for Shana he decides to become the Yuji badass that he is now that can scare a powerless Shana half to death as seen in this episode.

I liked his shock and concern over Shana's reaction to him and also the interaction between them from last episode (I mean him wanting to take shana not so much the fighting but the fight was awesome) but when I look at this Yuji (minus the evil) and the past seasons Yuji I feel like saying "where has this Yuji been?" (again minus the evil)

Both past seasons have showed signs of him wanting to become stronger to fight alongside Shana but I felt they could have shown more signs of him possibly falling for her, I mean heck he showed kazumi and fake hecate more romantic-ish attention.

Also can that rejection of kazumi be seen as a rejection its was so ambiguous!

Rant over! Nice episode! on with ep 6!
Old 2011-11-06, 17:41   Link #50
yumichan808
tra la la la la~

I really don't get why she freaked out... and that dream in the way beginning... its to show that she is freaked out that she is weak now?
Old 2011-11-06, 17:50   Link #51
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumichan808 View Post
I really don't get why she freaked out... and that dream in the way beginning... its to show that she is freaked out that she is weak now?
She lost to Yuji in the episode before. When she did, Shana realized that ever since Yuji fused with the God of Creation and became powerful, that she was no match for him.
Thus the nightmares about Yuji, his hand, his powerful badassary, and how vunerable Shana is.
Old 2011-11-06, 18:11   Link #52
Senshigeia

Nickymanga: I can't help but to agree with you, when you say it is unpredictable. It actually is! We had 2 seasons focused in school life and "small battles", on a tsundere heroine and an insensitive male lead who only wanted to go with her and become stronger. When I first read in the novel thread he went to the bad side, I was quite shocked.

Don't take me wrong, I am expecting so much of this season. I mean, I loved season 1 and I am adoring this final season as much, so far. I only think the character development was very sudden. I only wish they developed season 2 more, and it wouldn't be so much of a shock.
Old 2011-11-06, 18:18   Link #53
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
i liked this episode! I like the yuji and shana interaction.

but honestly I don't really know what to make of yuji badass, I have read some of the novel summaries online so I have a basic understanding of the whole wanting to protect his loved ones which include shana and change the fate of the flame haze however going by the anime season 1 and 2 I find it hard to come to grips with the idea of Yuji turning kind of bad for the greater good.

I don't exactly know how he was portrayed in the novels but because of his kind of passive, nice guy yet slighty insensitive nature and also the because there was never any romantic signs of love from his side shown in the anime I can't beleive that upon realising his love for Shana he decides to become the Yuji badass that he is now that can scare a powerless Shana half to death as seen in this episode.

I liked his shock and concern over Shana's reaction to him and also the interaction between them from last episode (I mean him wanting to take shana not so much the fighting but the fight was awesome) but when I look at this Yuji (minus the evil) and the past seasons Yuji I feel like saying "where has this Yuji been?" (again minus the evil)

Both past seasons have showed signs of him wanting to become stronger to fight alongside Shana but I felt they could have shown more signs of him possibly falling for her, I mean heck he showed kazumi and fake hecate more romantic-ish attention.

Also can that rejection of kazumi be seen as a rejection its was so ambiguous!

Rant over! Nice episode! on with ep 6!
Quote:
Nickymanga: I can't help but to agree with you, when you say it is unpredictable. It actually is! We had 2 seasons focused in school life and "small battles", on a tsundere heroine and an insensitive male lead who only wanted to go with her and become stronger. When I first read in the novel thread he went to the bad side, I was quite shocked.

Don't take me wrong, I am expecting so much of this season. I mean, I loved season 1 and I am adoring this final season as much, so far. I only think the character development was very sudden. I only wish they developed season 2 more, and it wouldn't be so much of a shock.
True that.
In SnS 1 & 2, we aren't allowed at all into Yuji's mind except for when he says he wants to grow stronger for Shana and when he had that battle with Zarovee [dude who could clone himself but Yuji destroyed as a total badass]
Old 2011-11-06, 18:22   Link #54
Excorsism

I HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG'D so hard at lolilier than loli Shana. Silly Yuji, you have to be more considerate of people after giving them some form of beating!

And the sudden jump around of POVs was a bit disappointing. Wanted more Yuji and Shana interaction.
Old 2011-11-06, 19:38   Link #55
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I have an answer for this question. Of course, correct me if I say anything wrong. Before that, you have to know a spoiler from the novel, regarding the origin of Wilhelmina.
Spoiler for Origin of Wilhelmina:

Having known that, refer to 14 m 36 s of Episode 2 of Shakugan no Shana S OVA.
In response to Yuji, Wilhemina said: "When I requested a garment worn by those who work around nobles, I was told this is the style ~de arimasu."

What Wilhemina actually meant was that she wanted a dress worn by royal families, such as princesses. However, the tailor who made her dress had wrongfully interpreted that Wilhemina was someone who works for nobles, such as maids.

Up to now, Wilhemina still mistakens her dress as the dress worn by princesses, when it is actually worn by maids.

It is just my opinion, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
but honestly I don't really know what to make of yuji badass, ...I find it hard to come to grips with the idea of Yuji turning kind of bad for the greater good.
This answer is not mine, as I have sourced it from Novel thread. Basically, there were several steps involved in Yuji's transformation to become the leader of Bal Masqué. In hindsight, J. C. Staff could have animated the conversations between Yuji and Snake of Festival occasionally in Season 1 and Season 2. However, they were uncertain whether they would animate Season 3. The omission of these scenes makes the transformation way too abrupt for anime viewers to understand. Still, the conversations should be more or less what we see in Episode 1 of Season 3.

Spoiler for Initial Foreshadowing Of The Snake of the Festival:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
when I look at this Yuji (minus the evil) and the past seasons Yuji I feel like saying "where has this Yuji been?" (again minus the evil)
He is largely the same Yuji we know before. The difference is that he has obtained a great deal of confidence, as a result of merging with The Snake of the Festival. There is why he acts, without much hesitation now.

Credits to all contributors of Novel and Spoiler threads.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-06 at 20:06.
Old 2011-11-06, 19:52   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp, looks like we have another kind of air-headed with Wilhelmina.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:06   Link #57
Nickymanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I have an answer for this question. Of course, correct me if I say anything wrong. Before that, you have to know a spoiler from the novel, regarding the origin of Wilhelmina.
Spoiler for Origin of Wilhelmina:

Having known that, refer to 14 m 36 s of Episode 2 of Shakugan no Shana S OVA.
In response to Yuji, Wilhemina said: "When I requested a garment worn by those who work around nobles, I was told this is the style ~de arimasu."

What Wilhemina actually meant was that she wanted a dress worn by royal families, such as princesses. However, the tailor who made her dress had wrongfully interpreted that Wilhemina was someone who works for nobles, such as maids.

Up to now, Wilhemina still mistakens her dress as the dress worn by princesses, when it is actually worn by maids.

It is just my opinion, though.

This answer is not mine, as I have sourced it from Novel thread. Basically, there were several steps involved in Yuji's transformation to become the leader of Bal Masqué. In hindsight, J. C. Staff could have animated the conversations between Yuji and Snake of Festival occasionally in Season 1 and Season 2. However, they were uncertain whether they would animate Season 3. The omission of these scenes makes the transformation way too abrupt for anime viewers to understand. Still, the conversations should be more or less what we see in Episode 1 of Season 3.

He is largely the same Yuji we know before. The difference is that he has obtained a great deal of confidence, as a result of merging with The Snake of the Festival. There is why he acts, without much hesitation now.

Credits to all contributors of Novel and Spoiler threads.
I know there are answers to my opinions and I know the novels have alot more detail in terms of the story but I think the anime was lacking something in developments which makes all that happened slighty unreal.

The merging thing i fine because really that could be touched upon at anytime through a flashback or something but I'm mainly talking his relationship with Shana.
I felt previous seasons lacked to show any romantic development between him and Shana mainly on his part. I felt they could have shown maybe slight hints that he even considered her as a love interest. Dont get me wrong I know this is not a love anime but if you want me to believe "Oh I love her let me change the world" then you got to sell it better then that.

For me it was so bad that during Yuji's walk/montage through the city to meet Shana when he said 'she taught me its ok to love somone' I thought really when did this happen!?

I know he is way more confident now for obvious reasons I just think there could be more build up.
Old 2011-11-07, 01:19   Link #58
redflame

Red face

Just watched the subs recently.
Nawww I'm so happy to see the cute orphan Shana and also on how she was found . Though I wanted to also see how she first met Wilhelmina and Alastor and how she ended up in Tendoukyuu.

I agree with everyone who said there should be more Yuji x Shana moments. Is it me or does Yuji seems to get more scary and creepy in each released episode?

The nightmare Shana experiences shows how scared she is of Yuji. Was that how Shana was defeated by Yuji in episode 4?

Anyway, that intimate scene was obviously really intense. Man, Yuji is creepy now and if you think about it at the beginning of sns, Yuji feared the 'Flame haired burning eyed hunter' and Shana was kick-ass strong while Yuji was just a wimp.
However, now its the reverse. We see Yuji so confident and strong and Shana so fearful of him and devoid of all her powers.
"You're always so reckless" quote had me thinking alot. It made me question as to whether Yuji has completely turned evil and how much Yuji has changed, in a good or bad way. And "You are impudent indeed"? how can Alastor say that to Shana?

I found Yuji to be stupid in not knowing how Shana feels about him and how she fears him.

Overall, I expected more action of this episode but oh well I'm patient enough to wait for more Shana x Yuji moments xD
Wait on second thought, I'm a crazy sns fan so I'm not patient at all.

Last edited by redflame; 2011-11-07 at 03:56.
Old 2011-11-07, 13:35   Link #59
Senshigeia

alvinkhorfire: Thank you for the wonderful explanation. I saw SnS S, but it was a while ago and I didn't remember that conversation.

As for the overall discussion, I think the anime is lacking many details, which makes me hate myself for not knowing Japanese, so I could read the novels. In season 1 we had some signs of Yuji's part, but that disappeared in season 2 almost completely, with the exception of the final episodes. Also, the lack of knowing what he was thinking specially his conversations with SnH and what he thought of Shana makes the anime very poor indeed! And now, suddenly this happens?
On the other hand I understand why this happened: J. S. Staff didn't know in the first place they would animate all the novels; I mean, we could have ended in season 1 in the first place; also in season 2 (actually, 'till I went to the novel thread and read Yuji disappeared on that Christmas Eve, I thought he met Shana and confessed).

I only regret not knowing Japanese to read the novels, all of them...
Old 2011-11-07, 13:38   Link #60
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Spoiler for Actually: