AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 14:18   Link #201
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Naked adult Vivio and Einhart, obviously!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 14:23   Link #202
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Revolver knuckle, not much. Being a glove is an advantage in this case, and since it's a solid device, it's completely unaffected from turning into petals (only soft materials are changed into petals). Chris will... probably lose his bunny outfit, so we'd finally get to see how his gem core looks like. He should be safe when fused though, since there's no Chris to hit in that case.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 14:32   Link #203
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Naked adult Vivio and Einhart, obviously!
*finally readed about Flans Exmartio in a wikia*

Isn't supporssed that Chris helps sustain Vivio's Adult form? It will me more of a case of Naked little Vivio. Or taking onto consideration that Chris didn't even have to be in direct contact with her master to use it's powers probably will result in what you just said but Chris will be able to restore Vivios Jacket quickly.

That's why i asked abot Revolver Knuckle, Subaru isn't "grabbing" the device, she wears it on her hand and unlike her clothes, it's made of Matter too solid to be affected by Flans Exmartio's "flowering" effect. The same applies to Mach Caliber and possibly Shamal's Klarerwind. Caro's Kerykeion will depend on how strong her device is i guess.

Also New Raising Heart's "Standalone flight Mode" and Unison Devices, those can just fly back to their masters in a second. In RH's case she can just blast the caster from a distance taking advantage of his concentration on the disarming spell.

Arf and Zafira being natural beast don't mind much at all about being naked, they're also pure-fist fighter which gives them an edge in that situation.

Vita and Signum's level of embarassement will depend of how serious the battle is and what are the stakes in risk. They will be disadvantaged by the loss of their weapons but as the caster isn't by any means an EC Driver they at least will be able to throw punches and cast shields and barriers in order to gain distance and search for their weapon or retreat. If Agito and Rein are with them their chances of a comeback will also raise.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:00   Link #204
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Chris losing his fluffy exterior won't immediately return her to loli form. And we've seen transformations persist even without devices before, they don't really require upkeep.

And the last time someone touched Vita's hat, said person got pounded into a building. Bad move, yo.
Old 2011-12-04, 15:04   Link #205
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And the last time someone touched Vita's hat, said person got pounded into a building. Bad move, yo.
Paste into a building WITH A HAMMER. The same hammer that will be flown away by that spell xD. Still Vita seems to pack some serious punch an i'm pretty sure that even without the hammer her iron balls will hurt a lot!

I don't know if Signum can ignite fire without burning her hands to a crisp without Laevatein, tough.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:16   Link #206
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If Erio can channel lightning through his hands without killing himself, a bit of fire wouldn't hurt Signum. Elemental magic generally doesn't hurt the caster.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:26   Link #207
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Ah sorry, didn't watched Negima yet xD
Don't. There is no Negima anime.

PS. I don't think that Excarmatio spells are strong enough to go through Nanohaverse defenses if not specifically overpowered... and then it's easier to use something that is powerful by default and not because of extra energy-pumping.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:54   Link #208
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Don't. There is no Negima anime.

PS. I don't think that Excarmatio spells are strong enough to go through Nanohaverse defenses if not specifically overpowered... and then it's easier to use something that is powerful by default and not because of extra energy-pumping.
Hey, hey...

Come on, the first anime was pretty faithful to the manga through most of the Kyoto arc. (Just left out Kotaru)

It was that they diverged after that.

I hear that they're animating the Magic World arc next (or is that going on right now?)

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 22:41   Link #209
Justin_Brett

The animes refuse to recognize what genre Negima actually is, so they fail by default.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 22:09   Link #210
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hey, hey...

Come on, the first anime was pretty faithful to the manga through most of the Kyoto arc. (Just left out Kotaru)

It was that they diverged after that.
No, it didn't. Even if we don't count Kotaro. All those "minor" changes turned major if taken together - and in result butchered both plot and characters.

PS. Also (which most fanfic writers forget all the time too) - Negima is NOT comedy. Comedic elements - yes, sometimes very heavy on them - yes, but not comedy.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 22:11   Link #211
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's try not to alienate fans of different mediums, shall we? The ZnT forum does that well enough on its own, we don't need to make the Negima forum and fans the same.
Old 2011-12-05, 23:19   Link #212
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Paste into a building WITH A HAMMER. The same hammer that will be flown away by that spell xD. Still Vita seems to pack some serious punch an i'm pretty sure that even without the hammer her iron balls will hurt a lot!

I don't know if Signum can ignite fire without burning her hands to a crisp without Laevatein, tough.

Wonder if someone protected that hat...
Old 2011-12-05, 23:45   Link #213
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let's try not to alienate fans of different mediums, shall we? The ZnT forum does that well enough on its own, we don't need to make the Negima forum and fans the same.
Fair enough. Let's talk about it from the angle of cross-over discussion, then.

First of all, the only adaptations which did not contradict each other are the manga and the OVA's, which adapted the manga quite faithfully but only some scenes got animated; you can't expect to get the gist of the story just by watching the OVAs. As for the rest:
1. Manga version Nagi Sringfield is a badass, but the first anime version is a weakass. And IIRC he's still considered Most Powerful Magi in that anime, which means the standard in the anime is horribly low and none of the characters there could match high-level Nanohaverse characters. And then there's the matter of Asuna's backstory.
2. The second anime version, courtesy of SHAFT, butchered the Pactio system, making Negima?! magic different from the manga.

The differences are such that the manga and animes are practically mutually-exclusive. So anybody using the anime version will have to accept that they're missing the good stuff; the in-depth explanation on how magic works, ranging from elemental magic to the pactio system to magic-powered technology (i.e. Haruna's flying ship), as well as swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat, the Kanka technique (combining Mana and Ki)...all those only ever pop out in the manga, and as said before the animes contradicts many parts of the manga so you can't implement them there.

And you need the good stuff, otherwise Nanoha characters would wipe the floor with AnimeNegima charatcters.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-12-06 at 00:00.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:31   Link #214
Kromaek
needs more Dakka.

Send a message via ICQ to Kromaek
'sup everyone! (My first post here, oh dear.)

Recently, I had an idea for a Prototype crossover. Before I'm gonna start anything tho, I'd like to hear your input on two matters I'm unsure about.

1. Would there be NBC gear or enviro-sealed barrier jackets available to TSAB forces? On the top of my head I can't think of any mention in canon. However, things like chemical spills, possible epidemics and maybe even influence of TSAB personnel from earth might justify their presence.

2. Regardless of balance issues, would Alex Mercer be able to gain magical capabilities by consuming mages? By consuming a person, Mercer gains their skills and knowledge (and biomass of course ). But if I remember my A's right, Linker Cores aren't quite what I'd call a physical organ. The question is whether in addition to their skills, would he gain magical power as well?

Any suggestions are appreciated. =)
Old 2011-12-06, 14:46   Link #215
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not sure about environment-sealed barrier jackets. The Raptor automatons in Nanoha Force are said to be able to operate safely in hazardous environments that normal mages couldn't, so there's a precedent for the need, at least.
Old 2011-12-06, 14:55   Link #216
Justin_Brett

Well, environmental effects are said to be nullified by barrier jackets, and the whatever-virus certainly counts as that, so passive infection might not be a problem. An actual infected trying to do it might be a different matter altogether, depending on who they attacked.
Old 2011-12-06, 18:13   Link #217
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

From SSX we learned that barrier jackets can be tailored to specific problems like heat or cold when Subaru told Erio to 'switch to his most heat resistant jacket.' We know barrier jackets can counter gas from StrikerS, but only as long as they know what kind of gas so they can send the data to the devices and adjust them.

In the same thinking, countering unknown bio threats would be impossible for a barrier jacket alone. They'd have to know what to counter first.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:39   Link #218
Justin_Brett

Ah. Darn SSX and me not having read it.

As for the other question, seems like ingesting a Linker Core would be a bit dangerous, assuming such a thing is possible.
Old 2011-12-06, 20:12   Link #219
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, it's theoretically possible since we know they can be extracted. What the effect on the eater and the eaten are though, no idea.
Old 2011-12-06, 22:40   Link #220
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromaek View Post
'sup everyone! (My first post here, oh dear.)

Recently, I had an idea for a Prototype crossover. Before I'm gonna start anything tho, I'd like to hear your input on two matters I'm unsure about.

1. Would there be NBC gear or enviro-sealed barrier jackets available to TSAB forces? On the top of my head I can't think of any mention in canon. However, things like chemical spills, possible epidemics and maybe even influence of TSAB personnel from earth might justify their presence.

2. Regardless of balance issues, would Alex Mercer be able to gain magical capabilities by consuming mages? By consuming a person, Mercer gains their skills and knowledge (and biomass of course ). But if I remember my A's right, Linker Cores aren't quite what I'd call a physical organ. The question is whether in addition to their skills, would he gain magical power as well?

Any suggestions are appreciated. =)
1. The StrikerS manga (chapter 2, page 10) mentioned field-type magical defenses, its usage includes blocking specific environmental effects. If the mage ran out of mana though, he might be in a bit of a trouble.
2. He can't absorb linker-cores, I think. But If you really want to make him capable of magic for story purpose I guess you could just handwave it as the original human that became the Virus actually having a dormant linker-core, and absorbing mages unlocks the memories needed to tap into its potential.