AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 20:42   Link #81
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'll repost this if you missed it.
The magazine it came from "Comic Flapper" before it joined that magazine is seinen. So yeah It's blatantly obviously aimed at a male demographic, this arguement was kinda pointless.

So yup I was right, unless your going to argue it demographic changed with the switch. Tsundere male is typically what you get if you have a serious show with a flaky lead like that and lol at reverse harem we'll see how that turns out.
Okay fine for the manga but keep in mind that sometimes anime demographic changes especially if they see more females are reading the series. If there is merchandise for this we will see who it is aimed at.

I already looked at the cast....it's the very definition of a "reverse harem".

As for "Tsundere male" I am not saying series aimed at guys doesn't have this trope but it's much more common in series aimed at women.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:50   Link #82
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Okay fine for the manga but keep in mind that sometimes anime demographic changes especially if they see more females are reading the series. If there is merchandise for this we will see who it is aimed at.

I already looked at the cast....it's the very definition of a "reverse harem".

As for "Tsundere male" I am not saying series aimed at guys doesn't have this trope but it's much more common in series aimed at women.
True but from the cast I get the vibe of Sengoku Basara which is that this show will mainly be dealing with guys fighting guys with little in the way of female fights which considering what this is based off on makes sense. Unless the other guys starts looking at her in a romantic light in a truly romantic light which wouldn't even necesssarily turn it into a reverse harem anyway, it'd just make him a love rival like Sasuke and naruto. I'm just not getting reverse harem vibes from this at all.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:53   Link #83
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Senbasa also has a huge female following XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:58   Link #84
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Senbasa also has a huge female following XD
Yeah as does everything that has reasonably good looking guys. Actually thinking about it it's quite funny. I'm almost certain far more girls watch shounen than guys watch shoujo, probably because Shouen is much more mainstream. I myself can't stand Shoujo, Josei is fine you actually get some really good shit aimed at that demographic, better than a lot of shounen but I Shoujo just seems stuck in the teenage girl cute guy(s) sterotype, which doesn't appeal to me at all. Sure there probably some good ones that aren't like that, but their extremely rare and I can't be bothered shifting through the rubbish to find it.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:00   Link #85
Kirarakim

Quote:
True but from the cast I get the vibe of Sengoku Basara which is that this show will maininly be dealing with guys fighting guys with little in the way of female fights which considering what this is based off on makes sense.
I think most female fans will very much enjoy seeing the guys fights.

But anyways there is one thing I definitely agree with you this "argument" was silly. I wasn't trying to say it's impossible the series is aimed at guys (although I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little surprised). But I do still think that even if the series is primarily aimed at guys there are elements in the series that are definitely there to pull in a female audience too. Hey both audiences spend money after all.

I just don't understand why so many posters were so against the idea that the series might be aimed at a female audience. I'll enjoy it regardless and it certainly doesn't change my opinion of the series that I find out it's "seinen".

Quote:
Unless the other guys starts looking at her in a romantic light in a truly romantic light which wouldn't even necesssarily turn it into a reverse harem anyway
Actually I usually see reverse harem as one girl and a lot of male characters that care about the main female character (not necessarily all romantically interested).
Old 2012-01-11, 21:11   Link #86
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I think most female fans will very much enjoy seeing the guys fights.

But anyways there is one thing I definitely agree with you this "argument" was silly. I wasn't trying to say it's impossible the series is aimed at guys (although I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little surprised). But I do still think that even if the series is primarily aimed at guys there are elements in the series that are definitely there to pull in a female audience too. Hey both audiences spend money after all.

I just don't understand why so many posters were so against the idea that the series might be aimed at a female audience. I'll enjoy it regardless and it certainly doesn't change my opinion of the series that I find out it's "seinen".
Probably because of the bishie yaoi undertones it usually implies (which are probably as annoying for guys as the typical representation of girls etc in video games are for girls) and that reverse harem sterotype that's just as bad the typical harem sterotype excecpt without the female fanservice that makes it in some way bearable for guys.

Quote:

Actually I usually see reverse harem as one girl and a lot of male characters that care about the main female character (not necessarily all romantically interested).
Depends on what you construe as care unless your going to say the Strawhat crew is Nami and Robin's reverse harem, or just Nami's before Robin joined the crew. Which is why I don't see it. Girls can be friends with several guys in this sort of fiction without it being a reverse harem. It only becomes so when it is told from the girls point of view. Since I consider this to be told from a male point of view I just don't see it. Another example is the Seinen manga Sidooh, 3 guys are care about one girl but it's not a reverse harem because there was some obvious tension between the girl and one of the guy and because the girls not interested in the other two and they aren't interested in her and the fact this is told from a male point of view I didn't get any hint of a reverse harem, considering the guy a bit later pretty much proposed to her.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-01-11 at 21:23.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:29   Link #87
Kirarakim

Quote:
Depends on what you construe as care unless your going to say the Strawhat crew is Nami and Robins reverse harem, or just Nami's before Robin joined the crew. Which is why I don't see it.
No I definitely don't see One Piece as reverse harem but then Nami definitely isn't the "main character". In One Piece they all love each other & if anything it's really Luffy's harem.

But okay I will admit you were right it's a series primarily aimed at a male audience but I still get the feeling someone in charge is trying to attract a female fan base as well. I know a lot of shounen/seinen are popular with female fans but I think only some purposely try to pull in that female audience.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:37   Link #88
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
No I definitely don't see One Piece as reverse harem but then Nami definitely isn't the "main character". In One Piece they all love each other & if anything it's really Luffy's harem.

But okay I will admit you were right it's a series primarily aimed at a male audience but I still get the feeling someone in charge is trying to attract a female fan base as well. I know a lot of shounen/seinen are popular with female fans but I think only some purposely try to pull in that female audience.
Yeah really that was my point of view in all this, which was whether this show was actively trying to pull the female audience outside of Bishounen characters and I didn't really see it in the first episode, though that's not to say their won't be something their considering who the author is. I just didn't forsee an whole lot of it and you probably saw/foresaw a lot more than I did hence the rift in opinions.

On Luffy's harem yeah he really is the binding jelly in the crew considering they wouldn't have joined together like they did without him or been that close.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:40   Link #89
BakaOnna

Even if the author is known for writing BL series, she clearly knows how to provide fanservice to both genders. I've skimmed the translated parts of the manga and it has tons of female fanservice (e.g. lots of uncovered tits and ass). The anime's most likely gonna tone it down since in the manga.

Last edited by BakaOnna; 2012-01-16 at 00:57.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:44   Link #90
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Even if the author is known for writing BL series, she clearly knows how to provide fanservice to both genders. I've skimmed the translated parts of the manga and it has tons of female fanservice (e.g. lots of uncovered tits and ass). The anime's most likely gonna tone it down since in the manga, the main girl doesn't actually wear shorts under her kimono thing.
Yeah it's quite strange, I though this was going to be seinen or at least borderline, but the overall action etc is very much shounen.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:56   Link #91
Kirarakim

Quote:
Yeah really that was my point of view in all this, which was whether this show was actively trying to pull the female audience outside of Bishounen characters and I didn't really see it in the first episode, though that's not to say their won't be something their considering who the author is. I just didn't forsee an whole lot of it and you probably saw/foresaw a lot more than I did hence the rift in opinions.
Well yeah I don't know how the story will turn out and it could be true the manga might not have given me any vibes for "female fans" at all.

But the thing in the anime that did (more so than even the bishounen designs) is the seiyuu cast. A lot of very popular male seiyuu: Daisuke Ono, Kamiyan, Sakurai, Koyasu, Toshiyuki Morikawa, , Ryotaro Okiayu, Tetsuya Kakihara, etc

Yes I am sure male fans enjoy this cast too but I think all of them together might also very much appeal to a female fan base.

They even have Daisuke Ono & Tetsuya Kakihara singing the OP.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:59   Link #92
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Well yeah I don't know how the story will turn out and it could be true the manga might not have given me any vibes for "female fans" at all.

But the thing in the anime that did (more so than even the bishounen designs) is the seiyuu cast. A lot of very popular male seiyuu: Daisuke Ono, Kamiyan, Sakurai, Koyasu Takehito, Morikawa, Toshiyuki, Okiayu Ryotaro, Kakihara Tetsuya etc

Yes I am sure male fans enjoy this cast too but I think all of them together might also very much appeal to a female fan base.

They even have Daisuke Ono singing the OP.
I'll admit I know jack shit about those seiyuu's so whether they appealled to girls more than guys I wouldn't know.
Old 2012-01-11, 22:12   Link #93
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Regardless of where the producers will be aiming this (and it's only the first episode, so who knows?), this should hopefully turn out to be a good series and a break from all those moe-fied anime that are currently oversaturating the industry (either that, or I'm picking up a lot of crap even by other fans' standards). In regards to a couple others that are supposedly for females... well, Senbasa is a current favorite of mine, and I'm even going extremely old school with Saiyuki, and even enjoying Trinity Blood, all of which have a multitude of Bishie guys. But, they also contain said guys kicking ass, which is originally what got me into anime, and you see very little of it in shows aimed at guys these days... unlike back in the old days of anime (and by old days, I mean going back about only 3, maybe four years ago... shows one how much anime changes in relatively little time)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:31   Link #94
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Regardless of where the producers will be aiming this (and it's only the first episode, so who knows?), this should hopefully turn out to be a good series and a break from all those moe-fied anime that are currently oversaturating the industry (either that, or I'm picking up a lot of crap even by other fans' standards). In regards to a couple others that are supposedly for females... well, Senbasa is a current favorite of mine, and I'm even going extremely old school with Saiyuki, and even enjoying Trinity Blood, all of which have a multitude of Bishie guys. But, they also contain said guys kicking ass, which is originally what got me into anime, and you see very little of it in shows aimed at guys these days... unlike back in the old days of anime (and by old days, I mean going back about only 3, maybe four years ago... shows one how much anime changes in relatively little time)
Yeah moe crap is a plague, harems have pretty much always been around but these "romantic comedies" and the like based around moe have become too much, most of the action thes days seem to be relegated to the token Mecha. what happened to the animes based around action why are they so few and usually consisting of a pussy wimp as a main character.
Old 2012-01-11, 22:34   Link #95
Xaturas

Quote:
Yeah moe crap is a plague, harems have pretty much always been around but these "romantic comedies" and the like based around moe have become too much, most of the action thes days seem to be relegated to the token Mecha. what happened to the animes based around action why are they so few and usually consisting of a pussy wimp as a main character.
As far as I look at it even mecha became moe crap.
Just this season there is like 2-3 moe mecha animes.
With girls riding mecha.
Vocaloids riding mecha?
And something about love couple riding mecha?

Jeez I want next season of Full metal panic, at least it had decent romance.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:37   Link #96
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
As far as I look at it even mecha became moe crap.
Just this season there is like 2-3 moe mecha animes.
With girls riding mecha.
Vocaloids riding mecha?
And something about love couple riding mecha?

Jeez I want next season of Full metal panic, at least it had decent romance.
Maybe after the moe bubble bursts. KyoAn is busy printing money right now.

Anyways, I might check this out depending on the pacing of the next couple of episodes. I read some of the manga and after the initial setup the next set of chapters felt really filler-ish.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 08:28   Link #97
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Due to the fact that i will pretty much watch anything from either the Three Kingdoms period in China or the Sengoku Period. So watching this was a given even though i had reservations about it. Episode was entertaining nothing special it seems to be along the same lines as other animes that take place in this period. For some reason it seemed like the episode was a bit dark im going to try another source and see if it was the episode or if it was my monitor. Not expecting too much but as long as the kick ass fighting keeps up ill be satisfied. I mean this is no Sengoku Basra but i wont hold that against it lol

Am i the only one that feel in love with Isanami's clothes? lol i dont know i just really thought they were beautiful and loved how they flowed and her teal colored hair matching her clothing.

i lol my ass off at this

Isanami: Whats your name/occupation?
Saizo: Saizo...Samurai
Isanami: so Sai chan then
Saizo: bitch "ill kill you"
Old 2012-01-13, 21:13   Link #98
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This reminds me of FF7 (probably because of the sword ) + FMP (the main couple look like Souske and Kaname) + Basara (all the Sengoku stuff)
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:44   Link #99
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Nah, FF7's sword was bigger (and Cloud's hair was blond and much spikier).

On the bright side: Ep 2 should be out over the weekend, if I have the schedule guessed correctly

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:44   Link #100
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Also, I kinda thought that Isanami looks a bit like a cross between Tessa and Kaname from Full Metal Panic (and I was seeing some of sousuke in Saizo as well)
I thought the same thing about Isanami. Saizo, on the other hand, is clearly Shannon Casull (though not as cool).

As for the series, it looks much better than, say, Fushigi Yuugi
However, I prefer Hyakka Ryouran's portrayal of Sanada Yukimura.

Tags
seinen