AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 16:32   Link #8521
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
I'm not saying the ship should have sunk quickly, I'm suggesting that the ship should have fallen outwards, instead of collapsing inwards.
Except, well, crazy chick made sure to cut the ship so that it would collapse inwards (and draw the party towards herself). Feats like this aren't impossible or unheard of (in the anime world). If it eases your mind, she cut the ship along its mid-line; had she cut it along its horizontal cross-section, then the uneven weight distribution would have caused the ship to collapse outwards.

Really though, this question shouldn't even matter. I could poke fun at how impossible everyone's skills are in the Medaka Box world ~_~a Even Zenkichi running up a vertical wall with Emukae in his arms, while awesome, doesn't make sense, but that's really a trivial matter anyways o/
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:53   Link #8522
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Sometimes, I really hate Anime/Manga...
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:54   Link #8523
ziggi92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
The thing is, there was at least a 1 week lag before Zenkichi's team arrived at the carrier. Think Sol pointed this one out; that the carrier is there with crazy chick waiting means the Suitors were expecting pursuers. Crazy chick attacked first, so we can also assume the suitors want to get rid of the pursuers.

Maguro did lead the team to the right ship, but the Suitors have something else up their sleeves and planned accordingly (transporting Medaka's group elsewhere).

This doesn't have anything to do with DS. Zenkichi wants to save Medaka, and Maguro's still part of the Kurokami Group (and so has access to their resources). The 'coincidence' would be, as Zenkichi flies to the carrier, he sees the transport Medaka's on, and promptly chases after her (or something along those lines, anyways).
if we take what soi falling said about: " main character running across the person who would become his destined rival just before a fight"

main character = Zenkichi

So it is not coincidence that Zenkichi ran across a person (Niemnami) who would be his destined rival for love of Medaka just before a fight since they are about to fight in next chapter should DS not have ignored Niemnami ?
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 17:08   Link #8524
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
if we take what soi falling said about: " main character running across the person who would become his destined rival just before a fight"

So it is not coincidence that Zenkichi ran across a person (Niemnami) who would be his destined rival for love of Medaka just before a fight since they are about to fight in next chapter should DS not have ignored Niemnami ?
As much as my manliness demands yuri-action, I don't think the Suitors are actually in love with Medaka o.0 And Zenkichi's meeting with crazy chick isn't coincidence; she was waiting for the pursuers, and Zenkichi pursued. Even Zenkichi fighting is his choice. There's no 'destiny' involved here.

Is crazy chick his destined rival? Not really, unless they plan to turn her into a recurring foil to Zenkichi in future chapters/arcs (though I wonder if this does happen, will she count as a haremette? 'Destined rival' score!).
Old 2012-05-01, 17:12   Link #8525
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If she's yandere, creepy looking or just plain crazy...she belongs in Zen's Devil Harem!

That is all
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 17:16   Link #8526
Sol Falling

Quote:

Er, that was just a random example I made up based on the sort of things Ajimu listed when she described DS's function. Even if Nienami is a "rival" for Medaka's love, there's nothing in particular that makes her a "destined" rival. Rather, since what Zenkichi is crashing is Medaka's fiance-selecting competition, it's pretty much completely expected that the individuals he is meeting should be "love rivals".
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 17:20   Link #8527
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If she's yandere, creepy looking or just plain crazy...she belongs in Zen's Devil Harem!

That is all
Creepy looking and crazy, maybe.

Yandere? That would require her actually having feelings for someone, and it's pretty clear that she doesn't have them for Zenkichi or Medaka. Looks like it's all business to her, and it's business she's going to enjoy.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:42   Link #8528
Xiyon

Quote:

That is all
Emukae has competition, then o_- For the 'yandere haremette' status, I mean. -makes a note to check Raiser Phoenix and Hyoudo Issei's harem to devise a check list-

I do still want to see Medaka go yandere for Zenkichi xD Then, I can blame the end of the world on him >=D

Joking aside, I doubt she's Zenkichi's 'destined rival'.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:56   Link #8529
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Creepy looking and crazy, maybe.

Yandere? That would require her actually having feelings for someone, and it's pretty clear that she doesn't have them for Zenkichi or Medaka. Looks like it's all business to her, and it's business she's going to enjoy.
YET!

Quote:
Emukae has competition, then o_- For the 'yandere haremette' status, I mean. -makes a note to check Raiser Phoenix and Hyoudo Issei's harem to devise a check list-

I do still want to see Medaka go yandere for Zenkichi xD Then, I can blame the end of the world on him >=D

Joking aside, I doubt she's Zenkichi's 'destined rival'.
She's my second favorite female of the series...but Emakue has lost much of her yandereness which saddens me.
And Medaka actually showing jealousy toward Zenkichi being surrounded by other girls would make me quite happy.

Also points for the Highschool DxD reference.

And for the lovely gentleman that gave me negative rep for keeping the harem discussion...
Spoiler for :D:
Old 2012-05-01, 18:03   Link #8530
FFXFan13

Quote:
YET!
Since she's likely to just be a one off character, I doubt she'll develop feelings for either of them.
Quote:
And for the lovely gentleman that gave me negative rep for keeping the harem discussion...
Seriously? Someone actually did that? I thought I was the only person who was sick of that topic?
Old 2012-05-01, 18:04   Link #8531
Xiyon

Quote:
YET!

She's my second favorite female of the series...but Emakue has lost much of her yandereness which saddens me.
And Medaka actually showing jealousy toward Zenkichi being surrounded by other girls would make me quite happy.

Also points for the Highschool DxD reference.

I blame HSDxD for the harem checklist. Specifically, Raiser XD

Spoiler:

And, ah o_- so there are 'rep' stuff here, too. I learned something new o/
Old 2012-05-01, 18:06   Link #8532
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Since she's likely to just be a one off character, I doubt she'll develop feelings for either of them.

Seriously? Someone actually did that? I thought I was the only person who was sick of that topic?
Stop ruining my hopes and dreams! *clings to every yandere in anime*

Quote:
I blame HSDxD for the harem checklist. Specifically, Raiser XD

Spoiler:

And, ah o_- so there are 'rep' stuff here, too. I learned something new o/
As much as I hated the guy with every fiber of my being...I have to admit that the dude knew how to make a harem!

Side note: I can't click my own spoiler now...I'm sick and every time I laugh my throat grows a fist and punches me in...the throat...wait...
Old 2012-05-01, 18:11   Link #8533
FFXFan13

Quote:
Stop ruining my hopes and dreams! *clings to every yandere in anime*
And why would I do that?
Old 2012-05-01, 18:13   Link #8534
ziggi92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Er, that was just a random example I made up based on the sort of things Ajimu listed when she described DS's function. Even if Nienami is a "rival" for Medaka's love, there's nothing in particular that makes her a "destined" rival. Rather, since what Zenkichi is crashing is Medaka's fiance-selecting competition, it's pretty much completely expected that the individuals he is meeting should be "love rivals".

Nothing that makes her "destined" rival she is suppose to be one who is to marry Medaka because of her family so it is technically her destiny which means she is technically destined rival to Zenkichi since he has been in love with Medaka for most of his lifetime and his dream is become Medaka boyfriend and also into future hope to marry her so yeah all of the suitors are his destined rivals since all them include Zenkichi think it is their destiny to marry Medaka whether they like or not.

But also something which has been bother me after reading this chapter was the reason why Niemnami stayed since it means that she has less chances of getting to know Medaka and marry her.

Plus is it likely that we will see manga version of Super Mario where Zenkichi is going to fight against all suitors to find & "save" Medaka.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:13   Link #8535
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
And why would I do that?
I hate you!
Old 2012-05-01, 18:14   Link #8536
FFXFan13

Quote:
I hate you!
Good to know.
Old 2012-05-01, 18:15   Link #8537
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Plus is it likely that we will see manga version of Super Mario where Zenkichi is going to fight against all suitors to find & "save" Medaka.
Standard shounen manga action adventure plot... *cough Bleach*
Old 2012-05-01, 18:17   Link #8538
Xiyon

Quote:
I wouldn't mind this o_- Zen will be getting some Medaka-chan lovin' at the end~!

But in all seriousness, this is Nisio we're talking about XD even that standard shounen rescue mission will have some twist (as do most depictions, anyways......)
Old 2012-05-01, 18:20   Link #8539
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I wouldn't mind this o_- Zen will be getting some Medaka-chan lovin' at the end~!
Or a mushroom telling him that she's in another air carrier....again.
Old 2012-05-01, 18:26   Link #8540
FFXFan13

Quote:
Good thing Kumagawa's getting her to do Naked Apron for him then, since I'll need something stronger then bleach to scrub my eyes clean if I have to see something like that.

Gives me something to at least look forward to at least.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council