Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 09:57   Link #13321
Nemesis@
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 192 full spoilers:

The development of Medaka and Zenkichi's relationship in this chapter was very satisfying; everything else... not so much.

Spoiler:
Some raw out?
Nemesis@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:14   Link #13322
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Everyone talks about Nishio....but I will say this: I will miss Akatsuki's art, always found it to be orgasmicaly good xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:25   Link #13323
Nemesis@
*Artist

It seems that the last part of Good loser Kumagawa will appear in Jump Next.
Old 2013-04-23, 10:51   Link #13324
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 192 full spoilers:

The development of Medaka and Zenkichi's relationship in this chapter was very satisfying; everything else... not so much.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

In any case, the end of this series will also mark the end of one of the few major Nishio translation efforts in the west, particularly the only one with consistently regular releases. I will be enjoying the return of the Monogatari anime this summer, but hope the efforts on more of his written output can pick up soon.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2013-04-23 at 11:02.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 12:59   Link #13325
bastek66

Last/color page of manga
Spoiler:
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 12:59   Link #13326
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I also wanted to ask about that "last chapter of GLK" stuff... doesn't GLK consist only of one-shot and 2 novels?
Yes. But there's going to be one more chapter of GLK, so we can assume it's the epilogue of his story.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 13:29   Link #13327
Nemesis@
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Last/color page of manga
Spoiler:
Just missed the Naze there. wonderful color
Old 2013-04-23, 13:34   Link #13328
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Actually, losing Skills as they grow up makes perfect sense. Skills are born from personalities, so the stronger and more unrealistic the Skill is, the more self obsessed the person is, whether they're Plus or Minus. But that sort of thing is child-like, and you can't keep that up as you get older and enter into the world of adults.
Because adults can't be bratty and self-obsessed, right? Because a lot of adults aren't just pretending to be mature, acting in accordance with their internalized concept of adulthood, right?
Maybe the chapter offers an explanation that's not complete shit, but this sort of plot device is commonly used to devalue the usefulness and competency of characters over 20 years old, making teenagers seem far more powerful and important than they actually are in real life. It's a power fantasy thing.
There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but as someone who is no longer a teenager, I feel rather insulted every time an anime tells me that I'm worthless due to being ever-so-old.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 14:50   Link #13329
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Yup, so there's going to be one more final chapter chronicling Kumagawa, presumably timeskip Kumagawa. Guy gets a whole chapter to himself, gotta say, Jump has been rather kind to this series.
For a series with the sales it had and failure of an anime, not only does it have a proper end (in a sense), it also goes out with a color page and a fan book. Probably the best we could ask for tbh.
Why is it a failure? every volume since the third has sold over 100,000 copies that's better than what most manga in shonen jump can get.
You only have to look at how many real failures there are like Cross・Manage, Hungry Joker, Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san and Koisuru Edison that's 4 out of only 21 current jump manga for instance without counting all the manga that have come and gone since Medaka started.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 14:54   Link #13330
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Why is it a failure? every volume since the third has sold over 100,000 copies that's better than what most manga in shonen jump can get.
Probably because the amount of advertisement + an anime, which still resulted in shit sales(relatively). It just wasn't paying back.
Old 2013-04-23, 16:36   Link #13331
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
You only have to look at how many real failures there are like Cross・Manage, Hungry Joker, Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san and Koisuru Edison that's 4 out of only 21 current jump manga for instance without counting all the manga that have come and gone since Medaka started.
I said the anime was a failure. I spoke about the manga sales in the sense that it kinda just stayed at average. Which, considering that it got anime and light novels, is not a good look.
It kinda just speaks to how poorly the anime did. However, with all they put into this, I can only imagine Medaka Box performed below expectations, which is why I'm rather happy
that Jump supported it as they did up until the end and then some.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2013-04-23 at 16:55.
Old 2013-04-23, 17:16   Link #13332
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Well Magazine itself did support this manga and was much more patient with it than with some other manga's in its place so you have to take that into account too just as big advertisement stuffed into this project.

Manga sales are alright but not something spectacular too and considering it did get anime the sales should have been higher too.

All and all I am happy it ended - giving some space for new manga's and hopefully Nisio will go back focusing on novels more because lately I felt that even his novel works were kind of getting worse too, specially when compared to his first ones.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 17:55   Link #13333
silver001

I guess Zen being normal was actually a good thing in the end for him.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 18:26   Link #13334
Nemesis@
*Artist

Volume 21 will be on sale 4th June and Volume 22 on September.

Next WCF J-Stars figure sets for October, November and Dicember, Medaka figure here

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-23, 19:00   Link #13335
mark1246

is it ever explain who the father of the baby is?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 20:23   Link #13336
Lupus753

Spoiler for rambling:
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 21:07   Link #13337
kazzuya13

Just ignore skills already you can just say that the skills is pretty a powered-up version of a 8th grade syndrome.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 21:20   Link #13338
Wolfenstein

I guess teenagers are just that hardcore.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:00   Link #13339
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Just ignore skills already you can just say that the skills is pretty a powered-up version of a 8th grade syndrome.
I'm now under the impression that Hakoniwa Academy was an institution for severe cases of 8th grade syndrome.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:32   Link #13340
Thth
???

Well, atleast its some sort of conclusion rather than an open end which I was expecting.
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council