AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-05, 09:09   Link #821
martino
makes no files now

^^ It was posted in the Guilty Gear thread some ago ago, but thanks for reminding us.
Old 2007-01-07, 13:30   Link #822
Ajikan-aoi

For me it has to be the Operation Sanctuary series.Very moe.
Ajikan-aoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:55   Link #823
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
While we're (sort of... very sort of) on the subject, does anyone know what's up with this Muvluv Alternative Renewal Package on Himeya and Amazon? Judging by the release date it looks like it's no different (and it's the only version I can seem to find), which is fine, I'm not expecting any extras... but is that what it is? My only concern is it's had the anti-guro patch Age released added to it really
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 02:11   Link #824
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

It's just a re-release of the original DVD version with nothing changed, afaik.

Alternative is one of those handful of titles every eroge player must experience once in their life~ グッドラック! ^^b

Ah.. and don't forget to play the original Muvluv first~ (completing the unlimited scenario is a given!:x)
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 08:21   Link #825
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
But of course! Extra has Sumika in it, and Virtual On references! I used to love that game back on the Saturn. Nah, Alt gets saved until last.

Thanks though Just didn't want the experience dampened by unnecessary patching, will pick that up next time I get a chance then. Now as for Muvluv itself - widescreen or sex... widescreen or sex... tough choice I can't tell whether it's sad or not that I'm more tempted by the widescreen.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 20:13   Link #826
shadowplay
passive observer

Finally found the time to finish ef's first tale, and well...guess it wasn't total masterpiece, but I liked it anyway and thought it was good game. Miyako's chapter wasn't that remarkable though, but Kei's one saved the day for me. Guess people got disappointed by the linearity and the lack of big emotional twists, but I thought atmosphere, production and everything else was top notch and made it up for that. And it's also only first half, we'll see how second one fairs. Can't wait for Chihiro's chapter muahahaha..ha.
Ok, now I'm onto Inspire's Edelweiss, which looks to be another game for acquired tastes, will try to finish that one before great rush of new eroge at the end of January.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 02:41   Link #827
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

A non ' Ef ' related post ~ :P

Well, I got through another stack of titles this winter break, finally finishing a majority of games from 2006. While it has been a pretty slow year, there were a few titles that was well worth the paycheck (though most were returned back into the wait pile... ^^; )

:Recommended titles:

青空の見える丘 (Aozora no Mieru Oka)
http://www.feng.jp/aozora/
One of the sleeper hits of 2006 and top ten games of 2006 on my list. The character designs really shine here with an excellent VA cast and superbly written scenarios to showcase that talent. Along with the cast of beautiful heroines and comedic support cast, the protagonist Hideki is extremely likable and does not suffer from the usual 'spineless' gene found in most male heros.

Speaking of scenarios, along with the normal male perspective, you also have the option of viewing through the heroines point of view. This really helped in fleshing out the character's personalities and adding considerably depth to the dialogue and events that occur. At times, I found myself replaying the female POV as it is just so wonderfully written and gives much insight into the relationship between the characters. If I were to find a fault with this game, it would be the lack of voicing during the female POV. I just wish they would have utilized the A+ cast to the fullest and included voicing over the narration.

Score: 91/100 (A must have on the list~!)

ぽっと -Rondo for Dears- (Potto -Rondo for Dears-)
http://www.ankh-soft.com/
If you're looking for another famiresu experience, Potto would be a good choice. I picked this one up entirely based on the fact that I love the artwork ^^; Having played Ankh's titles before, I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly suprised at how I was pulled into the storyline once I started playing. While it isn't entirely original in terms of story, I found many of the characters to be very endearing and full of personality, especially the Kimika her little sisters <3

Like Aozora no Mieru Oka, there is also a female POV to the story. However, it is fully voiced which was a very interesting experience altogether.

Score: 73/100 (This would be considerably higher if the BGM arrangement had more variety)

キミの声がきこえる (Kimi no Koe ga Kikoeru)
http://www.axl-soft.jp/products/02/index.html
Originally, I was put off by the character design and animation. They were fairly generic and lacked style. You have the usual niistuma, your tsundere bishoujo friend, and a giri-imouto with twin tails. Nothing really stood out, that is until you play the game. While the characters are fairly generic, the storyline isn't. There is a somewhat complicated branching storyline with 3 seperate endings for two of the main heroines. Without question, I played through all three endings for Sakura (god... I am weak against the tsundere type..) The comedic value is pretty high as the game rarely takes a serious tone, so this would be a good title to consider if you're looking for a simple love comedy.

Score: 69/100

tan. (タンジェント)
http://www.hook-net.jp/tjr/
Review... [coming soon?]

Score: 87/100

カラフルアクアリウム (Colorful Aquarium)
http://www.eufonie.jp/
Review... [coming soon?]

Score 81/100

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-01-14 at 21:45.
Old 2007-01-13, 20:12   Link #828
shadowplay
passive observer

Well since we're listing things, here's something related to that late January rush of new eroge (releases of 26th of Jan to be more precise), think it's lot more promising than the one we had at the end of 2006, there are maybe 4-5 games I'm possibly interested in playing;

Gekkou no Carnevale (Nitro+)
- great art, promising demo, I'm always sucker for more darker games with european settings, hope this won't disappoint

Rondo Leafleat (LittleWitch)
- victorian eroge from LW, what else to say, good that they're back to pure ADV format after Romanesque

Katehane (Tarte)
- well this game was already hyped as hell in this very thread, though I'm not fully convinced yet, art and especially soundtrack are quite good. Notice how this is yet another new game with european background, a trend?

Itsuka Todoku Anosora ni (Lump of Sugar)
- thought this would be another generic moe game, but demo was quite good and occasionally moody, leaving you asking for more, wondering what'll happen next. Will probably get 110/100 from Cloudnine in the end

Shiokaze no Kieru Umi ni (Light)
- short (and cheap) new ADV from the writer who did Light's best game imo (Gunjou no Sora...), and Akio Watanabe (Popotan, Komugi-chan) as an artist. Should be great. It will be possible to buy and download game from the official page I think.

Natsumero - summer melody (AcaciaSoft)
- in a way this is kinda shocking; Symphonic Rain artist going fully ero...nooooooooo Too bad company behind the game probably hints at a mediocre product somehow.

There are also new games from Giga, PurpleSoft, CottonSoft, Siesta and Sharin no Kuni FD being released on same date, but not much interested in those, there's too much stuff already anyway.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 20:58   Link #829
velocity7

Done in the same light as the Summer of Bishoujo series of summary articles, I decided to post...

Clannad - Furukawa Nagisa's Arc (before After Story)

Spoilers abound if you read! Please enjoy, and if there are any mistakes, feel free to point them out!

I plan to be covering After Story as well... if anyone has translations of the End of the World chapters, that'd be great as well.
Old 2007-01-14, 21:29   Link #830
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

geh... I've completely fallen to the moe trend! *insert shocking self realization*

( まああ。。いや。)

Nursery Rhyme was an excellent debut title for Lump of Sugar, so I was really looking forward to their next work Itsuka Todoku Anosora ni. From a peek at their demo, they've put a lot of effort into art production. The CG's and character designs simply shine with detail and color. The story still remains a bit foggy, but I see much potential as I have faith in the scenario writer this time around. 朱門優 is the same scenario writer who produced one of my favorite Caramel-box titles, めぐり、ひとひら. So in a way, this game has the potential for a very high score.

Quote:

The art and character design's are simply fantastic~!
Ahh.. I can't wait till the 26th~! (ワクワク)

Also looking forward to Primitive Link (プリミティブリンク), Purple-soft's newest title coming out on the 26th. The first thing that came to mind was "Majipuri 2?", but from the overall design, it's quite different. The game has a sort of Shuffle!-like storyline with parallel worlds, magic, and a hint of Japanese folklore. Maybe this can lend to some interesting plot twists (hopefully original ones...) Like with all of Purple-soft's titles, the animated OP will likely be on par with Shinkai level animation so that will be nice treat when it is released. (off topic: hurry up and release 秒速5センチメートル!!)

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-01-14 at 21:50.
Old 2007-01-14, 22:34   Link #831
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Done in the same light as the Summer of Bishoujo series of summary articles, I decided to post...

Clannad - Furukawa Nagisa's Arc (before After Story)

Spoilers abound if you read! Please enjoy, and if there are any mistakes, feel free to point them out!

I plan to be covering After Story as well... if anyone has translations of the End of the World chapters, that'd be great as well.
It's a nice summary (certainly more succinct than any summary I'm capable of writing ^^; ), but I just want to say something in response to your "I’ll write down my full review of the game after the After Story has been posted" comment.

Spoiler for CLANNAD story spoilers:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 23:35   Link #832
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Any news from Leaf? They seem to be rather quiet or something, although to my knowledge they got something coming up.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 23:55   Link #833
velocity7

Sushi-Y: I guess I should re-word that as a review over Nagisa's arc really, but thanks for covering that part. On that note I may do as you suggest.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:43   Link #834
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Any news from Leaf? They seem to be rather quiet or something, although to my knowledge they got something coming up.
They're working on a spin-off of To Heart2, called To Heart2 ~Another Days~

The main heroines this time around will be:

Marian, a support character who appears in Sasara's route. (激萌え~)
Yocchi and Charu, Konomi's best friends. (I didn't find them very interesting though...)
Nanako, the dangerously loli character that appears in Ruuko's route
Harumi, an entirely new character. (幼なじみ?)

I can post some magazine scans I have if anyone wants to see the characters. Leaf/aquaplus still haven't even bothered to update their page with new info.
Old 2007-01-15, 04:47   Link #835
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is there a projected release date? this is like the last one of like four games i have been waiting for since last year.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 09:05   Link #836
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post

The main heroines this time around will be:

Marian, a support character who appears in Sasara's route. (激萌え~)
Yocchi and Charu, Konomi's best friends. (I didn't find them very interesting though...)
Nanako, the dangerously loli character that appears in Ruuko's route
Harumi, an entirely new character. (幼なじみ?)

I can post some magazine scans I have if anyone wants to see the characters. Leaf/aquaplus still haven't even bothered to update their page with new info.
You forgot:
Silfa, the other twin "sister" of HMX-17 Ilfa. Blonde.
Ikuno, the paraplegic and seemingly-sarcastic sister of Manaka-iinchou.

Did I forget to mention that Harumi seems to be related (in name) with Takaaki (and looks awfully like Milfa with her pink hair)?

And with those aside, I've heard Konomi and Tama-nee would be getting new scenarios themselves. Lucky them. And hey, more Tama-nee is always welcome. www

(Oh darn, they didn't put in Tama-nee's yuri-ish groupies... secret characters perhaps?)

-------------

/me hears someone shouting "Old news!" from behind him
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:32   Link #837
Sole

I've only completed 2 ero game ever I think, I'm not really sure I like the genre, but that's a totally different topic and not appropriate for this thread.

Kana little sister and I forgot what was the other one, were the only ero games I've finished, and yes I liked Kana little sister, I enjoyed the story. Can't really or didn't really find another ero game as good storywise though, if someone would recommend any translated ones, I'd give it a try.
Sole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 12:08   Link #838
G005

Quote:
Supposedly, they've also been pouring much of their resources into a big 3D RPG. Lately, Leaf/Aquaplus has been aiming for a broader audience than before (with their console plans being a big focus, hence the interest in RPG hybrids).
G005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:16   Link #839
velocity7

Regarding Clannad, I never understood だんご大家族. Besides knowing what it looks like, what does it translate to, and where does the origin of the だんご and 大家族 come from?
Old 2007-01-17, 03:57   Link #840
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Regarding Clannad, I never understood だんご大家族. Besides knowing what it looks like, what does it translate to, and where does the origin of the だんご and 大家族 come from?
They're just common words though...?
だんご(団子) = Dango
大家族 = Big Family

==============
Managed to squeeze some time in for a little bit more Kanishino.

Halfway through Shino's route now.

Spoiler for random comments:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel