3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-02, 07:08   Link #141
Morbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
Well yeah, in the non-supernatural real world, I highly support the power of open, honest communication to clear the air and heal people. In fact, that was what we saw in the kanbaru monkey situation--the ultimate communication between kanbaru and hitagi ended the overall crisis.
Hum... Closure is something that comes from very different things on different occasions. Kanbaru had her closure after being obviously rejected when Senjogahara defended Araragi... It was different circumstances...

Well, if the ghost cat tried to attack Senjogahara this time, maybe it's the same, but overall, Hanekawa is a completely different character from Kanbaru. I'm expecting her to try and win Araragi fair and square (I haven't read any paper material, so I don't know what'll happen), which will probably be troublesome... I don't know what to expect after that.

One thing seems clear to me: Hanekawa doesn't have much to understand why Araragi prefers Senjogahara to her, unlike Kanbaru. On top of that, it seems pretty obvious that she respects his choice enough never to bring her feelings up. And I'm not even considering how Koyomi will react, mind you. His character, well, he's very similar to myself, except when it comes to his pervertedness (that's pretty light, though), so... yeah, I'm expecting a duality of feelings from Araragi's side but I think his fear of loosing Senjogahara will eventually win.

Gya! Atashi wa amari hanashi. Gomen.
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 07:47   Link #142
klare

the cat is cute in this eps, much more interesting than her "master"

Araragi said he will die for Shinobu... this is confusing

i remember next eps is the ending, hope for things to be cleared
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 08:31   Link #143
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the cat is cute in this eps, much more interesting than her "master"

It's not THAT confusing, she is the most important person to him that isn't in his family.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 08:33   Link #144
Morbus

Quote:
He also said he valued paying back to Hanekawa more than her friendship.

Quote:
I hope they don't :P Hopefully there'll be a continuation to the series.
Old 2010-03-03, 09:13   Link #145
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus View Post
I hope they don't :P Hopefully there'll be a continuation to the series.
Well there is always Kizumonogatari and Nisemonogatari.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 11:50   Link #146
Jarmel

Deleted as I should have known this would cause problems.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2010-03-04 at 14:50.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 12:44   Link #147
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'm not even sure if I want Shaft doing the show after this. There might be some slight humor lost but if say Kyoto took up the reigns, I probably wouldn't mind horribly.
That would be the worst possible thing to happen ever. Kyoto has seriously managing problems. (I think the higher-ups are so full of themselves there is liquid ass coming out of them) Besides, bake is a series that relies on dialog and I can promise you that Shaft is so uncreative that they won't even consider the notion of changing anything unless the author asked them to. (Dance and Negima) Besides, there is no way Shaft is going to let go of this cash cow, they are going to milk this series for all its worth...Shinbou can just taste the diamond-encrusted lolis can't he....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 12:51   Link #148
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I'm not even sure if I want Shaft doing the show after this. There might be some slight humor lost but if say Kyoto took up the reigns, I probably wouldn't mind horribly.
Who is more capable at bringing out those super moe-blob voices with that particular sense of voice directing and corresponding character designs that compliments those voices? Who else but Shinbo can bring their fans to their knees with a single line from the ultimate moe-blob Nadeko when she says, "koyomi onichan"? This story itself with its brand of humor is very good, but to transform this to a visual media requires a similar kind of mind. Shinbo's style is very fitting to bring out Isio Nisin's dialogue-oriented work it seems.

I personally think the anime did so well because Shaft was behind it with its unique brand of presentation, along side their usual shinanigans and faults.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 14:06   Link #149
Clarste
Human

As has been said before, Bakemonogatari wasn't even really that popular as a novel. Not terrible, but not way up there at the top either. The anime, and therefore Shaft, made it a super-popular #1 seller.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 14:10   Link #150
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
That would be the worst possible thing to happen ever. Kyoto has seriously managing problems. (I think the higher-ups are so full of themselves there is liquid ass coming out of them) Besides, bake is a series that relies on dialog and I can promise you that Shaft is so uncreative that they won't even consider the notion of changing anything unless the author asked them to. (Dance and Negima) Besides, there is no way Shaft is going to let go of this cash cow, they are going to milk this series for all its worth...Shinbou can just taste the diamond-encrusted lolis can't he....
That's true I guess. I'm just more annoyed at having to deal with an OVA schedule for a tv series. I wouldn't mind less dialog and thought this arc could be shortened an episode though. I do admit though that dealing with an uncreative studio, and they know it, can be very much a blessing. Vampire Bund and Soul Eater are perfect examples of screwing with the source material too much. Also didn't SZS diverge from the manga a bit for the first season?

@monir
Other studios have done cute lolis before and Shaft won't certainly be the last.

Anyway just ignore my previous comment as I'm pissed at having to wait.
Old 2010-03-04, 14:20   Link #151
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
@monir
Other studios have done cute lolis before and Shaft won't certainly be the last.
No argument there. With Shinbo in the helm, however, the lolis/cutiepies/tsunderes/nekomimi/kyuuketsuki/yuri/shota (Negima!)/oppai-bijin/name-ur-fetish-and-etc multiplies their attraction by 10^3 fold.

Quote:
Anyway just ignore my previous comment as I'm pissed at having to wait.
I can fully understand and empathize with your frustration. I've also bought the most DVDs for anything by Shaft than any other production companies. It is quite a conundrum that much is certain which is why they are getting away with their shenanigan time and time again...
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 14:46   Link #152
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Jarmel: Better to deal with delays, and v2, rather than ruin another wonderful novel as they did with Haruhi ... oh wait, I kind of remember waiting two months for a new episode broadcast ... weren't they just playing the same episode

Let KyoAni do it's K-On! Lucky Stars and VN-adaptions, this show does not rely on brain-less moe-blobs.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 16:28   Link #153
HandofFate

Just started watching episode14.
Maybe I missed something, but at the end of episode13, the cat appeared, and at the start of episode14, the cat seems to be gone. Did the cat run off?

Liked how all the girls got at least a cameo with Koyomi trying to find Shinobu.
Old 2010-03-04, 16:51   Link #154
Clarste
Human

The cat was tied up on the roof of the building (and then escaped while they were talking). They just skipped over the part where Oshino tied her up and went straight to the conversation afterwards.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 17:30   Link #155
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
"Koyomi onii-chan."

*Jin dies from moe attack*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 18:00   Link #156
Morbus

Is she moe-like? I never really understood wth "moe" means...
Old 2010-03-04, 18:56   Link #157
Tsuchi

Nadeko's probably the clearest embodiment of 'moe' in Bakemonogatari.

She's cute, she's quiet and shy, she is also pretty young and looks fragile enough to make you want to protect her, etc.

Anyway, the definition of 'moe' is fuzzy nowadays due to many bastardizations and misunderstandings, and many times it's mentioned when 'cute' should be used. But I guess the consensus there is that 'moe' doesn't imply a sexual impulse.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 21:35   Link #158
Jarmel

I would probably say Mayoi is a closer idea to moe and Nadeko closer to loli.
Old 2010-03-04, 22:56   Link #159
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
I would probably say Mayoi is a closer idea to moe and Nadeko closer to loli.
Agreed. Although before I would say the opposite, the way Nadeko's body was manipulated and closed up on in the bluray for episode 10 was majorly for fanservice. Moe characters generally don't need to be manipulated to attract eyes to them, because their image alone is already appealing enough. Nadeko however is very manipulated - close up shots of her naked and in a swimsuit, then the whole pink pajama outfit (wearing it in midday as well) makes me feel like the artistic director is using her as an object, rather than developing her as a character. Mayoi, on the other hand, has very cute moments and, although can use some development herself like all the characters can, is a far more well rounded character than Nadeko.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 04:12   Link #160
Morbus

Mayoi is completely depraved. How can THAT be moe :\

In any case, I see what you guys mean, but I don't really understand the reason why "moe" exists as a definition, because it's so subtle... But thanks for the clarification.