AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 18.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 29.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-07, 19:56   Link #321
FrejaOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
You can also affirm that the inko's mother hair colour was blonde, and that Slaine don't wear underwear, but since it was not showed in the show, this is you " special fanfiction"
Nope. I'm saying "the author does not provide Inaho with a certain type of situation, if you don't agree, give me an example." So the fact that one cannot provide an example further proves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
My main problem with Slaine is his attitude. It's as if the world revolves around his obsession with Asseylum.
I think it's just messy writing. That's why he doesn't have that many fans. He lacks charisma in the way he handles his circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Your point is that poor Slaine is in this mess and he has no choice except to act like he does.

And I say that it is not true at all.
Petty excuses won't change what he did and it wont make it less bad.
He had always several options and he always chose the ones who put him deeper in the mess.
He is responsible over the things he is doing. He willingly chose to do them and he willingly chose to involve himself in this crap.
My point is not that he deserves pity.
My point is that unless Inaho is given similar circumstances, they cannot be directly compared.
It's like taking a boy from a rich family and a poor boy and then comparing their bank accounts and judging their ability to make money based on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, they clearly seat in different positions, but Inaho never once forced Asseylum to do anything, he also stopped her reveling herself once. And when they reached the base he let her go.Despite her being a clear ace.
A clear ace who very obviously wanted the same thing he did and wanted to be useful. She's never shown herself to oppose his plans, has she?

Quote:
And also in respect of their conversation during that meeting. Inaho felt Slaine instability and so asked, what if we used Asseylum? And Slaine snapped. But as showed in retrospect he had never the intention to use her. So, from a narrative point of view, Inaho was moderately right, IMO, since he simply tested Slaine and he failed.
Inaho is bad at judging emotions. Ofc Slaine is not stable or cool-blooded but what he did shows that he cared for Asseylum, not the other way around.

Quote:
And he didn't I think at this point because he doesn't know her and doesn't see her as a person, but yeah, something to protect, even now the better choice is to hope for her to stay without her memories.
I think it's a hint on his obsession with her and also his awareness of being friendzoned somewhat fierce. It's not so noticeable at the beginning but there is something yandere in his attitude towards her. His sudden jealousy adds a point.

Quote:
He acknowledged her to the point to accept she'd risk her life, because that was her free choice, it doesn't matter Inaho's feelings in the matter, nor her status. That's because he sees and treats her as a person.
But didn't her choices always align with his ultimate goals? His first priority was always Earth. He likes Asseylum, maybe he is in love with her, but she is not his obsession or his number one priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Well, season 2 did show him suddenly becoming super calculating and super manipulative, so thre's that. He have Harklight on his back ever since the start of season 2, and he also got his hands on a Kat that could predict the bloody future.
Neither Harklight nor Lemrina are his true supporters, besides, all of this happens kind of too late. He's already broken, he has already done regrettable things.

Quote:
Don't know about others, but I'm not fully villfying for fighting dirty. Rather, what I'm disgusted about is him using the face and identity of the one he love as a way of fighting dirty. Kind of like someone about to shoot you then you pull the girl who you and your opponent love in as a meat shield.
That's part of the conflict, I guess.

Quote:
... Yeahhhhh, no. His circumstances made him chose, but his personality determines the choice.
What I meant was that his choices are not a problem for his personality. He's not torn over them and he is not supposed to be.

Quote:
So what's your point then? We shouldn't hate a character because of what possibly could have happened?
My point is that Slaine's downfall cannot be compared to Inaho's flawless hero status because Inaho and Slaine have circumstances that are too different.
Old 2015-03-07, 20:05   Link #322
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalGoddess View Post
My point is not that he deserves pity.
My point is that unless Inaho is given similar circumstances, they cannot be directly compared.
It's like taking a boy from a rich family and a poor boy and then comparing their bank accounts and judging their ability to make money based on that.
Poor guy, he willingly chose to do all this things.
Slaine is responsible for his deeds, so no pity.
What ifs doesn't matter....
Inahos life was also not easy and till now he is fightg a war fo survival that was forced upon him from people like Slaine...
Your whole argument is moot in the first place.
Old 2015-12-25, 21:28   Link #323
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero XX. Light of Day

Before I go on with this review, first, let me tell you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

On-Topic
The title for this twentieth episode couldn't be any clearer. What Slaine hoped for not happening to Asseylum did transpired, as well as Lemrina discovering the truth even if was at random.

Slaine you were commendable and quite a tragic youth back the previous season, but the path you've already step onto will make you the most hated between Earth and Mars, later on. But, not forgetting that you're betraying Asseylum's trust and putting up Lemrina with much yet unneeded pain and sorrow.

Distance is no good and keeping secrets the worst of all.

Mazuurek is now confirming Inahos' suspicions and is a matter of pressing time once he gets solid evidence on his hands on the impostor posing as Asseyllum and her whereabouts.

Commends to Inaho that the card he played on Mazuurek is starting to show up results at a long term.
Closed Thread