AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 18.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 29.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-28, 16:57   Link #81
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
But he wasn't even there. A few scenes before, Eddelrittuo said that he was on his way to the castle.
obv he wasn't there but i strongly belive that he bring lemrina there to show that the princess wasn't there, for this lemrina was so moved at the end of this week episode, couse she know about the lie saline told her
In ep 19 Slaine said Lemrina that no visitor allowed in that room where Asseylum was in coma,because true hime was in critical conditions so noone will knows except edilrutto that she was awaken.
Old 2015-02-28, 17:01   Link #82
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
obv to show lemrina that the princess wasn't there, that why lemrina was so moved at the end.
In ep 19 Slaine said Lemrina that no visitor allowed in that room where Asseylum was in coma,because true hime was in critical conditions so noone will knows except edilrutto that she was awaken.
That's what I mean, he just told her that to keep her away, knowing that she visits. He wasn't going to waste a man guarding an empty room. Especially a room many weren't supposed to know about anyway.

Harklight wouldn't have known she was going to visit the room anyway. The only thing she talked about to him was the fact that Slaine was too busy and wasn't spending time with her. She never mentioned anything about Asseylum. She went to that room on her own accord.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-28, 17:12   Link #83
Kurohane

Quote:
harklight let lemrina go to that room

Not really a coincidence Mazuurek fake a ship break down to go to the place where Slaine travel "more than the necessary, menaning that the real princess must be in that place", and do it while he knows that slaine wasn't there but at the moonbase.
It's left up in the air whether he let her. There may be a valid reason he left Lemrina on her own, after saying he'll take her to her room. If he turns out to be a Starscream, then we know for sure.

Yeah, I learned that after I already posted.
Old 2015-02-28, 17:20   Link #84
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It's left up in the air whether he let her. There may be a valid reason he left Lemrina on her own, after saying he'll take her to her room. If he turns out to be a Starscream, then we know for sure.
yup after saying he'll take her to her room we see lemrina alone continuning her previous sentence when she fall from the wheelchair (for me this means that not much time was past): " sister, how long it will be before you release your grip on his feelings?" and entering in asseylum room.

isn't it weird the harklight behavior?
Old 2015-02-28, 17:24   Link #85
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

perfect

first, we were shown how weak Deucalion teams against multiple Kataphrakts
that means they are not going to stand chance against full-scale war against VERS

and second half, we were shown how fragile Slaine's plan is...
Inaho's attempt to insert a perfect spy really destroy all his plans in just few hours
I was surprised how Slaine didn't suspect Maazurek at all since he at least should know that he has met with Inaho... another underestimating habit from VERS part that leads to destruction

at this rate, we might see another assassination attempt by Lemrina to Asseylum in next episode
It is still hard to guess which side Slaine is going to take on.. but most likely he would take Lemrina since Asseylum would mention Inaho a lot from now
Eddelrittuo is really a key.. I never expect she would give that pendant after Maazurek mentions Kaizuka Inaho's name... I think she really believe that Inaho is the best choice than Slaine to cherish the princess
She might killed by Slaine in next episode

no preview available... I'm too hyped for next episode
Old 2015-02-28, 17:29   Link #86
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

They never do previews right after the episode. The new episode PV premieres around 9pm (CST) on Wednesdays. D-Joe usually puts them up not long after that in the Speculation/Spoilers thread here. So, you're welcome to come see then and speculate with the rest of us!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-28, 17:30   Link #87
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If it comes, he knows it would come from her. He's expecting it. It won't make any difference from how he feels now. Also, you do realize that this show has to end in 4 episode, we really don't have time for him to go into a "darker" path if we plan for any kind of future for the Earth. The UFE leaders are idiots, and they are sending all their men to the slaughter. Slaine has control over the Vers forces, he's the one that can guide them. They won't listen to Asseylum anymore, there was already a transfer of power. Also, they would do their own thing if Slaine wasn't holding the reins. If anyone is going to take command of the situation, so that this series won't end with all of the Terrans dying, it will have to be Slaine. He's the linchpin in this entire situation. People are so busy thing about shipping and if she will or won't reject him, that they are forgetting the plot itself. It's not just about that. This series has been about co-existence since the beginning. In order for that to be accomplished both sides have to see eye to eye. Slaine commands one of those sides. Instead of hoping that he'll be destroyed, people might wanting him to come to his senses. It would serve the plot much better in the small amount of time that's left.
It's not about shipping. I don't care who, if anybody, Inaho ends up with. I've wished for the downfall of the Martians (or at least their nobility) since they revealed themselves as cartoonishly evil genocidal villains. Slaine has not only joined them, but leads them. Why would I wish anything but unhappiness and ruin upon him?
Old 2015-02-28, 17:34   Link #88
Kurohane

Quote:
yup after saying he'll take her to her room we see lemrina alone continuning her previous sentence when she fall from the wheelchair (for me this means that not much time was past): " sister, how long it will be before you release your grip on his feelings?" and entering in asseylum room.

isn't it weird the harklight behavior?
There was also that foreshadowing line about "Nothing is less reliable than a Knight's vow of loyalty."
Old 2015-02-28, 17:39   Link #89
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not about shipping. I don't care who, if anybody, Inaho ends up with. I've wished for the downfall of the Martians (or at least their nobility) since they revealed themselves as cartoonishly evil genocidal villains. Slaine has not only joined them, but leads them. Why would I wish anything but unhappiness and ruin upon him?
finally someone said it! i did had a bit of respect for slaine in ep 8/9 when he endured the torture to protect the princess, but after that he did abosolutely nothing good not to mention ep 12 and then the new season, if i have 0 reason to like the character why should i wish an happy end for him?
Old 2015-02-28, 17:43   Link #90
Kurohane

Quote:
perfect

first, we were shown how weak Deucalion teams against multiple Kataphrakts
that means they are not going to stand chance against full-scale war against VERS

and second half, we were shown how fragile Slaine's plan is...
Inaho's attempt to insert a perfect spy really destroy all his plans in just few hours
I was surprised how Slaine didn't suspect Maazurek at all since he at least should know that he has met with Inaho... another underestimating habit from VERS part that leads to destruction
How should Slaine know Mazurek met with Inaho? Though, I agree that the meeting was a bad idea, but in the long run, Slaine can't hide Lemrina away from the rest of the knights forever.

Quote:
at this rate, we might see another assassination attempt by Lemrina to Asseylum in next episode
It is still hard to guess which side Slaine is going to take on.. but most likely he would take Lemrina since Asseylum would mention Inaho a lot from now
Eddelrittuo is really a key.. I never expect she would give that pendant after Maazurek mentions Kaizuka Inaho's name... I think she really believe that Inaho is the best choice than Slaine to cherish the princess
She might killed by Slaine in next episode

Lemrina is never leaving moonbase, so she's only a threat to Asseylum there. To actually take her to the landing castle is foolhardy.

Even Eddelrituo should tell that something is off about Slaine in their talk. She showed concern about Lemrina, and Slaine's response is "I don't care for her opinions, I only want the princess to be happy". If it wasn't obvious before, his obsession with Asseylum is disturbing.
Old 2015-02-28, 17:45   Link #91
Irenesharda

Quote:
Because it's been a theme for this show in regards to co-existence, and they've got to get around to that eventually. Just because many of the counts hate humans, there are some like Mazuurek who do not. And many of the Martians, especially the lower class that we've never seen, are not the same way as the nobles, or if they are (like Eddelrittuo) can be turned around. This show is going to end with both sides coming around not just one side winning. I know that the Terrans have suffered more, but that's just the way these shows go. The Martians and Terrans are going to come to some kind of compromise. It's how we get there that will be the rest of the drama in the show.

Also, they didn't just bring up the problems with resources and the lower class just to ignore it. That will have to be addressed too. It not just about "let's kill all the counts" there is a lot more going on here. If all the counts are dead and the Emperor dies than that pretty much dooms the Martian people. And Asseylum is nice and all, but she doesn't have the spirit or mind to lead any kind of recovery effort. I know you might not care about the Martians of Vers, but there are important people in this series that do, and they've brought it up in the plot several times. It's part of the story that has to be addressed. Slaine so far has been the only one to be able to unite and lead them, he would be needed if any form of negotiations were to happen and any sort of relief effort for Vers. Without him, the counts would just spark back into chaos and the war would continue, but instead of having one leader, you would have 37 to deal with. And the UFE can't last the much longer, they depend on Inaho, but he's falling apart too now thanks to his eye, and the Deucalion isn't untouchable. This war needs to end and soon.

Quote:

Lemrina is never leaving moonbase, so she's only a threat to Asseylum there. To actually take her to the landing castle is foolhardy.

Even Eddelrituo should tell that something is off about Slaine in their talk. She showed concern about Lemrina, and Slaine's response is "I don't care for her opinions, I only want the princess to be happy". If it wasn't obvious before, his obsession with Asseylum is disturbing.
I don't know about Lemrina never leaving moon base. She was pretty adamant about going to Slaine in the castle before falling from her chair. I can definately see her secretly taking a shuttle there now since she knows Slaine lied about Asseylum and she wants to see things for herself.

Both Eddelrittuo and Harklight have been noticing the changes in Slaine. It's why she was looking at him worriedly the entire time. I think Slaine basically doesn't care about anything. He's reserved himself to having a wretched end, but he doesn't care as long as Asseylum is happy in the long run, or he at least thinks she'll be. He cares about Lemrina, but Asseylum is the one that he's been connect to all this time and the one that he feels he let down.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-28 at 17:56.
Old 2015-02-28, 17:58   Link #92
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
How should Slaine know Mazurek met with Inaho? Though, I agree that the meeting was a bad idea, but in the long run, Slaine can't hide Lemrina away from the rest of the knights forever.

Having contact with Earth should give him some awareness... I guess he's too obsessed with his duel so he didn't take this into account
If a prisoner is released without any agreement, there is something wrong for sure

I see... at least we could eliminate Lemrina's possibility in disturbing Asseylum
I guess in upcoming episode, Slaine would make another castle for him to avoid disturbance from our princess siblings..
Yes, Slaine is creepy.. I'm thankful that Eddelrittuo is actually smart enough to see that
Old 2015-02-28, 18:04   Link #93
endarion88

i think the point with Eddelrittuo is that while she may think of slaine as the princess friend she is not loyal to him, Eddelrittuo is loyal to Asseylum only. she was on earth with her, she know inaho was the one who protected the princess and saved her many times, she has no reason to obstruct someone who's helping inaho
Old 2015-02-28, 18:11   Link #94
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Yes, Slaine is creepy.. I'm thankful that Eddelrittuo is actually smart enough to see that
Funny thing is before Seylum woke up Eddelrittuo was behind Slaine but seeing his actions, with the whole scheme of establishing a new empire and being "engaged" to Asseylum she's beginning to have doubts of his character.

Anyway I'm hype to see what Asseylum will do now that she remembers. I wonder if she'll plan to talk to Maruuzek to find out what's happened to her Earth friends.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-02-28, 18:13   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Because it's been a theme for this show in regards to co-existence, and they've got to get around to that eventually. Just because many of the counts hate humans, there are some like Mazuurek who do not. And many of the Martians, especially the lower class that we've never seen, are not the same way as the nobles, or if they are (like Eddelrittuo) can be turned around. This show is going to end with both sides coming around not just one side winning. I know that the Terrans have suffered more, but that's just the way these shows go. The Martians and Terrans are going to come to some kind of compromise. It's how we get there that will be the rest of the drama in the show.

Also, they didn't just bring up the problems with resources and the lower class just to ignore it. That will have to be addressed too. It not just about "let's kill all the counts" there is a lot more going on here. If all the counts are dead and the Emperor dies than that pretty much dooms the Martian people. And Asseylum is nice and all, but she doesn't have the spirit or mind to lead any kind of recovery effort. I know you might not care about the Martians of Vers, but there are important people in this series that do, and they've brought it up in the plot several times. It's part of the story that has to be addressed. Slaine so far has been the only one to be able to unite and lead them, he would be needed if any form of negotiations were to happen and any sort of relief effort for Vers. Without him, the counts would just spark back into chaos and the war would continue, but instead of having one leader, you would have 37 to deal with. And the UFE can't last the much longer, they depend on Inaho, but he's falling apart too now thanks to his eye, and the Deucalion isn't untouchable. This war needs to end and soon.
The counts are, as a whole, genocidal bastards with little regard for human life. Even Mazurek is still a conqueror. As a united organisation, they're too strong and unscrupulous not to press their advantage. If peace is to have a chance, the warmongers (of which Slaine is the leader) have to be handed a decisive defeat.
Old 2015-02-28, 18:25   Link #96
Kurohane

Quote:
Having contact with Earth should give him some awareness... I guess he's too obsessed with his duel so he didn't take this into account
If a prisoner is released without any agreement, there is something wrong for sure

I see... at least we could eliminate Lemrina's possibility in disturbing Asseylum
I guess in upcoming episode, Slaine would make another castle for him to avoid disturbance from our princess siblings..
The story is that Mazurek escaped though.
Old 2015-02-28, 18:28   Link #97
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
The story is that Mazurek escaped though.
Yup. They probably thought that since he's a Martian no puny Earth trash prison could hold him.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-02-28, 18:34   Link #98
AverageFan

Inaho was an ensign but know Mag is calling him a Lt., what a promotion.

So they retreated and it was good to see a the Deucalion in some action. Still a part of me was still though that they would fight all three M-Kats.

The M- Kats we still don’t know their names, so it’s Lightning, Invisibility and Multiman for now.

Inaho is promoted from Ensign to Lt.

In the debriefing room with Mag and the others. I liked that they talked about the politics of the Knights and about Slaine. I wanted to see more it this, earth talking about the Martian and what there doing. At the same time it shows how foolish the higher ups are. Looking for a for full on assault to regain some territory.

Slaine you should have stayed with Limrina for dinner. And calling earth vulgar trash.

Slaine you don’ want Asseylum memory to return but at the end it has. I expect her to be suffering from PSTD for a bit.

Muzuurek makes his move. He swears his loyalty to Slaine to look good and that talk between the four of them about what happened on earth. So now am wonder what was the story they told to everyone about what happen to Asseylum on the earth.

Limrina comes a bit crazy and discovers the truth. Again Slaine you should have had dinner with her.
Old 2015-02-28, 18:42   Link #99
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i think the point with Eddelrittuo is that while she may think of slaine as the princess friend she is not loyal to him, Eddelrittuo is loyal to Asseylum only. she was on earth with her, she know inaho was the one who protected the princess and saved her many times, she has no reason to obstruct someone who's helping inaho
You do realize that she's been with Slaine and by his side just as long as she's been with Asseylum, right? He's the one that befriended her when she had nobody on moon base, and he was the one that allowed her to visit Asseylum when she wasn't supposed to. He's the one who's had her back like a big brother for practically two years. He also tells her everything. She used to hate him, but through that friendship over the past 20 months or so, she' s completely change her mind about Terrans. She still hated them last season, and she never cared for Inaho at the time. She didn't completely do a turn around until she around Slaine. She's as loyal to him as she is to Asseylum. She addresses them both with the same amount of respect, even before he became count. She loves them both and that's why she's so worried about Slaine. She's the bridge between the two, and they did that for a reason. If she really was supposed to be only loyal to Asseylum, they wouldn't have build up her relationship with Slaine and the fact that he trusts her so much that he's told her his entire plan and trusts her with his true thoughts.

Quote:
The counts are, as a whole, genocidal bastards with little regard for human life. Even Mazurek is still a conqueror. As a united organisation, they're too strong and unscrupulous not to press their advantage. If peace is to have a chance, the warmongers (of which Slaine is the leader) have to be handed a decisive defeat.
As you said they are too strong, especially considering the idiot plan that the UFE are planning. The UFE are never going to win. It's rather plain and simple. Even with Inaho, it was only hitting one group at a time with never ending counts and knights. And knowing the Martians pride, any decisive defeat would just be met with more anger, hatred and fighting which would just start the war all over again. You're never going to get all the knights fighting all in one place, and defeating them that way would be the only way the UFE could win. And they would never win against that. And even if they did, it would only be a Pyrrhic victory.

In the end, they are going to go the coexistence route. It's all Asseylum has been talking about. Slaine talked about it in season one, Inaho talked about it both seasons. It's going to happen. However all the pieces have to be in line for it too happen. That's going to require all 3 of our main characters.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-28, 18:55   Link #100
endarion88

Quote:
You do realize that she's been with Slaine and by his side just as long as she's been with Asseylum, right? He's the one that befriended her when she had nobody on moon base, and he was the one that allowed her to visit Asseylum when she wasn't supposed to. He's the one who's had her back like a big brother for practically two years. He also tells her everything. She used to hate him, but through that friendship over the past 20 months or so, she' s completely change her mind about Terrans. She still hated them last season, and she never cared for Inaho at the time. She didn't completely do a turn around until she around Slaine. She's as loyal to him as she is to Asseylum. She addresses them both with the same amount of respect, even before he became count. She loves them both and that's why she's so worried about Slaine. She's the bridge between the two, and they did that for a reason. If she really was supposed to be only loyal to Asseylum, they wouldn't have build up her relationship with Slaine and the fact that he trusts her so much that he's told her his entire plan and trusts her with his true thoughts.

As you said they are too strong, especially considering the idiot plan that the UFE are planning. The UFE are never going to win. It's rather plain and simple. Even with Inaho, it was only hitting one group at a time with never ending counts and knights. And knowing the Martians pride, any decisive defeat would just be met with more anger, hatred and fighting which would just start the war all over again. You're never going to get all the knights fighting all in one place, and defeating them that way would be the only way the UFE could win. And they would never win against that. And even if they did, it would only be a Pyrrhic victory.

In the end, they are going to go the coexistence route. It's all Asseylum has been talking about. Slaine talked about it in season one, Inaho talked about it both seasons. It's going to happen. However all the pieces have to be in line for it too happen. That's going to require all 3 of our main characters.
even if she didnt care about inaho who was wich protected the princess from the assassin right in front of her? inaho, who was that cpr saved the princess right in front of her? inaho..now what did slaine do except begin the responsable for the princess coma in the first place? then ofcourse she have to serve under him, if she didnt who know what they would have done to her..let's not confuse loyality with LACK OF ALTERNATIVES