AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-13, 17:55   Link #281
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll admit that anime or manga, all the Kaolla Su gadget battles, slapstick, and the turtle stuff just annoyed the hell out of me (which is too bad because her core story was kind of interesting). Ah well, if I start picking at everything I didn't like about the series (anime or manga) I'll start wondering what I liked at all.

So I'll just focus on the parts I liked and consider the rest just Ken A. throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
Old 2007-12-13, 18:18   Link #282
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Really? I though the manga was alot more detailed and conclusive then the anime.
I have to agree, manga is more detailed in some parts.
Anime skipped some things, unfortunately this also included skipping some of the good scenes. ><

If people want to see the true ending of Love Hina (promise getting fulfilled), they have to see the manga.
Old 2007-12-13, 19:37   Link #283
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll admit that anime or manga, all the Kaolla Su gadget battles, slapstick, and the turtle stuff just annoyed the hell out of me (which is too bad because her core story was kind of interesting). Ah well, if I start picking at everything I didn't like about the series (anime or manga) I'll start wondering what I liked at all.

So I'll just focus on the parts I liked and consider the rest just Ken A. throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
Sadly, we never heard actually how Suu came up with 1/2 of her eithers other than the turtle lol...actually I would be interested in the list of things you dislike of the manga, ofc only if your willing to list it ^^, wouldnt mind comparing one if I had to create one, pretty sure it would be a LONG 1 =D.

I been wondering, Was any of Keitaro's parents or Naru's parents around during there wedding at the manga? I only saw her sister(barely even read it since it was in such a small text[the scans]) and none of the other family members.
Old 2007-12-16, 13:49   Link #284
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
I been wondering, Was any of Keitaro's parents or Naru's parents around during there wedding at the manga? I only saw her sister(barely even read it since it was in such a small text[the scans]) and none of the other family members.
Mei was there? Bah, I don't have the last volume with me to see.
Old 2007-12-16, 14:01   Link #285
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Mei was there? Bah, I don't have the last volume with me to see.
her first appearance in the whole manga..and I wouldnt have even knew who she was if it wasnt for the translators note that stated who she was lol...that doesnt sound if both sides parents didnt attend the wedding...
Old 2007-12-16, 20:28   Link #286
ser4

a question guys i just finished the anime "love hina" and all the specials and ovas and so i'm wondering whether or not i should read the manga does the anime finish where the manga does or does the manga continue after the anime or do they separate somewhere and each have different ending
Old 2007-12-16, 20:42   Link #287
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
a question guys i just finished the anime "love hina" and all the specials and ovas and so i'm wondering whether or not i should read the manga does the anime finish where the manga does or does the manga continue after the anime or do they separate somewhere and each have different ending
From the manga perspective, the anime diverged into spoilers and decided to have a canon ending that was extremely rushed and made no sense. A "magic cabin", lol, can you say "deus ex machina"?

If you want the ending to actually make sense, read the manga.
Old 2007-12-16, 22:03   Link #288
ironbomb

Actually, that took place in the manga lol..the ending of the anime(I still havent seen it...) took place in the manga but that wasnt the actual ending...Read it if you liked the anime then you would probably like the manga. I for one, didnt like the manga and would probably be disappointed if I see the anime...
Old 2007-12-17, 03:31   Link #289
philmein

Wow, I just read the entire 14 volumes in a two-day span.
One word: Amazing.

Like everyone said, the manga is by far superior to the anime in all aspects. Hell, blah, infinite times better than the anime. I noticed that the manga had perhaps 60 percent of new content that I did not even see in the anime, not to mention, there weren't any of those lame fillers like in the anime. Most importantly, we learn of the "promise" and get a very, very satisfying ending.

All I can say is that this manga was truly magnificent. It was hilarious throughout. Don't know about you guys, but every "Naru Punch" had been crackin' every single time. I will surely re-read this manga again and again.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:49   Link #290
Atsuko

This is like my 5th time reading through the manga as I write this post. Right now I'm currently on the 13th volume and laughing just as hard when I first bought it. Ken Akamatsu is really good with his Harem series. Wonder if his life was somewhat similar to what he had drawn?
Old 2007-12-17, 12:55   Link #291
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

He failed tokyo U and he worked as a Hentai artist. He married a Shinobu like VA.

So not quite like Keitaro.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-12-17, 13:29   Link #292
bettyrawr
What is this rumpus?

Is it just me or is the anime of Love HIna kinda.. perverted? ^^
Old 2007-12-17, 13:35   Link #293
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyrawr View Post
its ecchi....

anyways, I cant believe people found the "lack of storyline" so interesting...
Old 2007-12-17, 13:37   Link #294
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
Actually, that took place in the manga lol..the ending of the anime(I still havent seen it...) took place in the manga but that wasnt the actual ending...Read it if you liked the anime then you would probably like the manga. I for one, didnt like the manga and would probably be disappointed if I see the anime...
Right, I'm not denying that it happened in the manga. I'm saying that they used it to end the anime. The scene did take place in the manga, not as an ending, but as comedy.

@bettyrawr: There's no kinda about it. I think one of Akamatsu's goals was: most amount of fanservice in least amount of panels.
Old 2007-12-17, 15:26   Link #295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyrawr View Post
Actually, its just you

The content is risque by some standards but pretty mild by most standards .... "perversion" is a word that gets tossed around too easily these days.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-12-18 at 04:18.
Old 2007-12-17, 16:01   Link #296
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
Actually, its just you

The content is risque by some standards by pretty mild by most standards .... "perversion" is a word that gets tossed around too easily these days.
vexx hit the nail on the head perverted is a word that along with hentai gets abused by people who really have a different standard of what qualifies for those categories than most reasonable people would. the word to describe love hina and a lot of other manga/anime is fanservice and that means showing a little leg or cleavage to excite the fans. if you want perverted try golden boy or read gantz or berserk.
Old 2007-12-17, 16:13   Link #297
philmein

And you know, the I quite enjoyed the fanservice.
Well, actually Su's little gadgets went alittle overboard sometimes...
Old 2007-12-22, 15:52   Link #298
bettyrawr
What is this rumpus?

Well sorrry ¬¬
I really like it though!
Old 2007-12-26, 11:30   Link #299
Ichihara

Well, I think it'll be nice if the the "Mei Storyline" was added to the manga and not only appearing in the anime. However, it seems that Akamatsu has to write some "new" stories in the anime, or else it wouldn't be worth watching much..
Well, it is really just me or the ending of Love Hina ( even in the manga) seems a little rushed? There's quite a lot of character development with Naru, Keitaro, and Suu, but we don't really get to see much of Kitsune...
Old 2007-12-26, 13:54   Link #300
ironbomb

Naru and Keitarou didnt develop much from the beginning to the end of the manga -_-. Shinobu and the kendo girl, dont remember names anymore developed the most. Suu was the change character from beginning to end lol, so is Keitarou and Naru. Kitsune was there for support of Naru and more comedy relief blehz.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, harem