AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-21, 00:32   Link #41
JonSnow

Zoro never had a decent fight in the new world yet, and both him and Kin'emon are the only SH's close enough to save Law. I bet Zoro's the first one to react and attack Doflamingo in the next chapter.
Old 2013-11-21, 04:25   Link #42
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
who is kora san??

Bad news, no OP till 2nd or 3rd week of January
The popular theory going on is- Kora san is a "D" like Luffy and he/she is the person law said hes fighting for..... This will also explain why Law randomly went and save luffy from Marinford because he already knew another "D" who he respected but Dofla did something to him/her...
Old 2013-11-21, 09:44   Link #43
Homura7

Kora-san = Corazon. It's a pun.

Remember, Doflamingo was keeping the Heart seat for Law until his betrayal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Bad news, no OP till 2nd or 3rd week of January
One Piece returns in December 7th.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:03   Link #44
BPD Renegade

Judging from Fujitora's expression and the convenient forgetfulness on the marines' parts, wouldn't it be sweet if the guy they're after is Doflamingo? I'm up for an epic "double-cross" on Fujitora's part.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that the Zou-crew are headed back. Was looking forward to the split storyline, but... oh well.

At this point, it doesn't really make sense for Oda to have shown Law giving Nami that vivre card if they don't have to get to Zou without him. Something has to happen to him during this arc -- either he dies or is detained somewhere -- and the crew goes to Zou to inform his crew, or something like that.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:45   Link #45
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So Law (after Ace, WB and Monet) could possibly be the 4th human that was shown to die outside flashbacks? If that really happened, then it would be interesting. If not it would not surprise me though, as killing characters directly in the storyline is something Oda uses rarely.

Oh, and I really hope that Monet did NOT "somehow survive". That would go too far, even for Oda.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:48   Link #46
noktown

Having Zoro fight Donfla could definitely be interesting,seeing that Law could defend against Donfla's strings using his sword.
Old 2013-11-21, 13:22   Link #47
james0246

Good chapter. The Strawhats are burning for some justice, and Law's story is quickly reaching its apex. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:56   Link #48
Rurushoe
Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Kora-san is probably a mistranslation, it's probably supposed to be "Corazon" meaning heart in Spanish or some shit.
It's not a mistranslation.
All that is written is "Kora-san."
Spoiler for Big image:

I think it's fair to extrapolate though that this could be the first "Corazon" seat given Law's affinity for hearts and the fact that he's been running around the place with the dang word on the back of his coat for 20 chapters though.

It's also interesting that he uses -san when he either uses -ya or the name alone for everyone else. Vergo was pissy about that too, maybe he beat Law up because he only respected Kora or something
Old 2013-11-21, 18:06   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Just thought about it: What if it isn't the name of a person, but instead the name of one of Law's room-techniques (like Shambles).

That's..... a very left field assumption. Considering the guy is practically about to pass out, what makes you think he has the energy left to pull off any more fancy room stunts anyway, lol? As was already pointed out, it's definitely a person's name he's saying there (and yeah, I guess I'm with everyone else who thinks that the person is named after the Spanish word for heart).....
Old 2013-11-21, 22:24   Link #50
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
-san is an honorific, like Mr. in English.

It's not the name of a technique. Hes not going to be calling a technique by an honorific, especially not when hes about to pass out.
Old 2013-11-22, 04:25   Link #51
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Awesome chapter!

Nope. Nen was introduced around chapter 50, which should have been about the time of the millenium.
On the other hand, Haki was explained approximately three years ago. HxH has, in my eyes, one of the best fighting systems ever (very strategical, with nearly no unreasonable power ups by the good guys).
Just wondering, Wasn't the first time that we saw Haki the scene where Shanks scares off the sea king while saving kid luffy and losing his arm in the proccess.

That said, I agree that HxH has one of the best battle/fighting system ever.
Old 2013-11-22, 06:22   Link #52
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
Just wondering, Wasn't the first time that we saw Haki the scene where Shanks scares off the sea king while saving kid luffy and losing his arm in the proccess.

As explained in my post before the previous one, this didn't teach us anything about the mechanics of that system.
Back then, it could have also been some sort of killing intent. Or are you suggesting, we should have deciphered from Shank's scary look, that he used something called Conqueror's Haki, which is a very rare type of a supernatural power, that is able to counter Logias
Old 2013-11-22, 16:11   Link #53
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 729
Not a bad chapter at all. I am glad that Law's story is coming to a close. Hopefully Oda will give Zoro a worthy enemy. Right now the way things are looking it might happen. Zoro Vs. Daflamingo or Admiral Fujitori. I am also kinda of curious to see how Rebecca will do too. She might surprise people.
Old 2013-11-22, 18:23   Link #54
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post

...Too bad it totally rips off Jojo, though.

-------------

Anyway, now that Sanji decided to head back, I wonder who he's gonna take on? He already got a taste of Dofla's strength, but I'd still say he'll fare much better against one of his officers. If we assume that Luffy has no choice but to face Diamante at the arena, that would leave Trebol and Pica (note that I'm only counting the TOP officers here, not the lower-ranked underlings like Lao G/Gladius/etc.). Personally, I'd think it's more likely that Sanji would take on Trebol due to his connection to Violet. And.... I dunno, maybe Franky or Zoro (maybe even both) can take on Pica.....
Old 2013-11-23, 05:40   Link #55
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
...Too bad it totally rips off Jojo, though.
I know Togashi is a fan of Jojo and based at least two characters (one being Hisoka, the other one I don't remember) on some Jojo-chars.
This fact got me interested in it, but honestly, I quit after Jojo's son got to the Nazis in Mexico (Was it Mexico?), because I was totally bored.

Those hyper-muscled designs, Dio always miraculously surviving, funny character growths, which seemed shallow and, what got on my nerves the most: the fights had to be explained by the fighting characters because it seemed like the drawings couldn't tell, what was going on.
About the fighting system: Perhaps there is a deeper introduction later on, but all I remember was this ripple thingy, which most times, didn't make any sense to me.

Right now, I'm searching for something similar to OP, HxH, Psyren, Breaker, Holyland, Shamo, Berserk, Basilisk, Death Note, the early Bloody Monday or Veritas to kill my spare time with.
You seem to be a great fan of the series (Jojo) and perhaps it hits the fan later on, so would you mind telling me, if it gets better? It's perhaps best, to use PM, so we don't bother the others

----
Sanji taking on Trebol seems valid. But I have problems imagining that slug fighting at all

Last edited by ri0; 2013-11-23 at 06:33.
Old 2013-11-23, 11:24   Link #56
mrShady

Quote:
I know Togashi is a fan of Jojo and based at least two characters (one being Hisoka, the other one I don't remember) on some Jojo-chars.
This fact got me interested in it, but honestly, I quit after Jojo's son got to the Nazis in Mexico (Was it Mexico?), because I was totally bored.

Those hyper-muscled designs, Dio always miraculously surviving, funny character growths, which seemed shallow and, what got on my nerves the most: the fights had to be explained by the fighting characters because it seemed like the drawings couldn't tell, what was going on.
About the fighting system: Perhaps there is a deeper introduction later on, but all I remember was this ripple thingy, which most times, didn't make any sense to me.

Right now, I'm searching for something similar to OP, HxH, Psyren, Breaker, Holyland, Shamo, Berserk, Basilisk, Death Note, the early Bloody Monday or Veritas to kill my spare time with.
You seem to be a great fan of the series (Jojo) and perhaps it hits the fan later on, so would you mind telling me, if it gets better? It's perhaps best, to use PM, so we don't bother the others

----
Sanji taking on Trebol seems valid. But I have problems imagining that slug fighting at all
I have no clue on what you've already read but I think Bokurano, Akumetsu, Tower of God, Witch Hunter, Akame ga KILL! and Ubel Blatt share similar traits with what you've mentioned.
4 of those are still ongoing with only tower of god having weekly updates (Witch hunter is released on volume basis and Ubel blatt/Akame ga KILL! should be monthly).

On-topic:
I'm not really sure we'll get the standard fight scenario with all those marines and even an admiral running around. And personally I hope Oda changes the match ups a bit and does something new.
Old 2013-11-23, 16:14   Link #57
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Ubel Blatt and especially Vinland Saga are both good.
Old 2013-11-23, 19:36   Link #58
danielevo

So, can anyone confirm me about OP next chapter release? December or january ?

By the way, thats a really great chapter, i can't wait franky on a rampage because of his strong will to help those dwarfs..
Old 2013-11-24, 10:23   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
So, can anyone confirm me about OP next chapter release? December or january ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The break will only last a week. This week's issue was #52, the last one of the year. Issue #1 will come out next week, OP will be back right after that in issue #2.

Next chapter on December 4th.
^There's your answer.
Old 2013-11-24, 15:40   Link #60
marvelB

You know, I'd kind have thought that people would have got the hint already about the break's length considering it clearly says "No OP next week" right on the thread's title.

Otherwise, the only other breaks we have to worry about (considering Oda doesn't get sick again) is the end-of-year holiday break, and that applies to the WHOLE SJ lineup, not just OP.

And now, if I can go off-topic for a little bit:

Quote:

Looks like you're only basing your opinions off the first two Jojo arcs, which I won't deny are pretty much Fist of the North Star ripoffs. But once stands are introduced in part 3, the series takes a very different turn as far as action goes. They can easily get MUCH more complex than anything you'll see in HxH. Personally, I'd recommend you at least check out Steel Ball Run (part 7, which is a reboot of sorts for the series) before forming your final opinion of the series.
Closed Thread