AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 11:23   Link #1801
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, I think some filler might be funny and I do like that driving one, but I'd much rather Kai be filler-free. This is the original story as it was intended, or as close as they can get. This point was really driven home in episode 52, which had nearly four episodes of DBZ content and it actually seemed like Goku and Frieza were rushing to finish at times. Quite the change.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:02   Link #1802
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yeah, I think some filler might be funny and I do like that driving one, but I'd much rather Kai be filler-free. This is the original story as it was intended, or as close as they can get. This point was really driven home in episode 52, which had nearly four episodes of DBZ content and it actually seemed like Goku and Frieza were rushing to finish at times. Quite the change.
Yes, the pacing for this one really made it feel like a different show. Half the episode I was expecting the narrator to bust in, yet they kept going until the grizzly end.

Have they passed and cut that anime-only scene where Vegeta and Gohan almost get into a brawl? That was always one of my favorites.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:26   Link #1803
Kallen4life

sooo is this gonna go all the way to Buu saga as the manga ? or end with Freeza Saga ? or unknown still ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 15:22   Link #1804
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
sooo is this gonna go all the way to Buu saga as the manga ? or end with Freeza Saga ? or unknown still ?
DVD count tells us they plan to go past the Freeza saga, though it's still unclear if we'll be getting the full show treatment.
Old 2010-04-11, 15:48   Link #1805
Kallen4life

nice, Cell saga was my fav
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 16:23   Link #1806
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Maybe they will stop the series right when Cell kicks everyone's butts and leave us in anticipation to learn what happens next.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 16:36   Link #1807
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Yes, the pacing for this one really made it feel like a different show. Half the episode I was expecting the narrator to bust in, yet they kept going until the grizzly end.

Have they passed and cut that anime-only scene where Vegeta and Gohan almost get into a brawl? That was always one of my favorites.
Are you serious? That scene was just plain stupid. I really hope they cut it, as it was some of dumbest filler out there. They cut the awesome filler that was Vegeta punching himself in the gut to see if he's really alive and cracking up about it, so it's only right that they remove the lame parts too.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 18:08   Link #1808
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Are you serious? That scene was just plain stupid. I really hope they cut it, as it was some of dumbest filler out there. They cut the awesome filler that was Vegeta punching himself in the gut to see if he's really alive and cracking up about it, so it's only right that they remove the lame parts too.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. I guess fans will never agree on what "good filler" is. So the filler they do keep in is either for animation limitations or Toriyama's preferences, perhaps?
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 19:01   Link #1809
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. I guess fans will never agree on what "good filler" is. So the filler they do keep in is either for animation limitations or Toriyama's preferences, perhaps?
Probably, yeah.

And trust me, Vegeta being my favorite character and Gohan being one of my least favorites, I'd normally love to see the former beat the crap out of the latter, but the how and why it happened in that filler scene was just dumb, especially after Vegeta had acted all buddy-buddy with Goku in his last moments on Namek.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:39   Link #1810
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
And trust me, Vegeta being my favorite character and Gohan being one of my least favorites, I'd normally love to see the former beat the crap out of the latter, but the how and why it happened in that filler scene was just dumb, especially after Vegeta had acted all buddy-buddy with Goku in his last moments on Namek.
Vegeta never acted all "buddy-buddy" with Goku right before his death. He simply implored Goku, the last hope from the saiyan race, to destroy Frieza at all costs. Vegeta hated the fact that the saiyans were prisoners under Frieza's command, and that they were to be eliminated once Frieza felt they were becoming too powerful. Being the prideful individual that Vegeta is, this was all utter humiliation for him. He couldn't stand it one bit, which is why he decided to rebel and finally take action for himself. However, asking Goku to do him this favor did not change anything between them. He still despised Goku and vowed to kill him one day.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:23   Link #1811
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Vegeta never acted all "buddy-buddy" with Goku right before his death.
...Yeah, no shit. When did I claim otherwise? I said "last moments on Namek", not "last moments before his death".

And yes, I'm aware those were filler. But so is the scene I was talking about.
Old 2010-04-12, 00:00   Link #1812
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
...Yeah, no shit. When did I claim otherwise? I said "last moments on Namek", not "last moments before his death".

And yes, I'm aware those were filler. But so is the scene I was talking about.
Ease up. I only referenced the last moments before his death because canonically that's the last time we see him interact with Goku on Namek. You shouldn't be trying to make sense of the filler since it's so inconsistent to begin with. It only creates problems and confusion when discussing Dragon Ball.
Old 2010-04-12, 01:25   Link #1813
roriconfan
Banned

Filler scenes. Not only they bore you to death, they also create strife amongst fans because of all the inconsistencies.
Remember Picolo being able to divide in half? Or Vejita blowing up a planet? Half the series does not count, lol.
...But the driving episode was gold. Why take out episodes that create no problems and yet are funny?
Old 2010-04-12, 02:47   Link #1814
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep52:
Old 2010-04-12, 04:16   Link #1815
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep52:
Spoiler for reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep52:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2010-04-12, 05:01   Link #1816
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm quite surprised the preview for episode 53 didn't show the huge spoiler scene.
Old 2010-04-12, 05:34   Link #1817
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm quite surprised the preview for episode 53 didn't show the huge spoiler scene.
Heh, I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 2010-04-12, 20:40   Link #1818
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Well, that's the end of that. Goku was still merciful towards Freeza even in the last moments.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 20:44   Link #1819
Vicious108

52 was probably one of the most action packed episodes so far. And thus it was naturally pretty awesome. Only thing I didn't like was that it ended kinda abruptely and thus felt a little anti-climatic. But the next episode is the actual finish to the fight, and it should make up for it.

And yes for once the preview didn't show the most important part of the following episode, impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Ease up. I only referenced the last moments before his death because canonically that's the last time we see him interact with Goku on Namek. You shouldn't be trying to make sense of the filler since it's so inconsistent to begin with. It only creates problems and confusion when discussing Dragon Ball.
I'm the one who needs to ease up? You're the one immediately goes "NO, YOU'RE WRONG!!!" at people without even reading their post properly to prove you're some sort of DBZ-know-it-all. Of course I'm not gonna mince words with a guy like that.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:55   Link #1820
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

.. I dunno why I find myself singing "Bondage Bondage Suigetsu....Bondage Bondage Paradaise" LALALALALALA

LOL ... .Maybe I've been listening too much to msnbc and their coverage of the republican lesbian bondage fiasco lol ...
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote