AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite CLANNAD character(s)
Okazaki Tomoya 208 49.76%
Okazaki Nagisa 197 47.13%
Okazaki Ushio 168 40.19%
Furukawa Sanae 95 22.73%
Furukawa Akio 165 39.47%
Fujibayashi Kyou 177 42.34%
Fujibayashi Ryou 33 7.89%
Sakagami Tomoyo 167 39.95%
Ichinose Kotomi 132 31.58%
Ibuki Fuuko 92 22.01%
Miyazawa Yukine 42 10.05%
Sunohara Youhei 106 25.36%
Sunohara Mei 66 15.79%
Okazaki Naoyuki 15 3.59%
Yoshino Yuusuke 57 13.64%
Yoshino Kouko 17 4.07%
Sagara Misae 51 12.20%
Shima Katsuki 40 9.57%
Nishina Rie 17 4.07%
Botan 60 14.35%
Others 10 2.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 418. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-15, 09:38   Link #181
wingman32x

I voted...

Sakagami Tomoyo: I loved her character. I found her bluntness rather funny and I liked her interactions with Sunohara. Also, I liked the idea that she wanted to join the student council to preserve the trees. She had a good reason for doing so and it really showed her determination.

Fujibayashi Kyou: I liked her attitude as class rep. She was a real enforcer and I often laughed at the punishment she dished out at Tomoya and Sunohara for Misbehaving. I also liked how close she was with her sister, Ryou. She literally lived for her. An example of this is Kyou pushing aside her own feelings for tomoya and helping Ryou in her quest for winning Tomoya.

Okazaki Tomoya: Hands down one of the best shounen/seinin romance male leads ever. The amount of character development he went through in after story is unlike anything I have ever seen. It was incredible to see him start out as an apathetic delinquint who didn't care about his future, into a hard working father and husband.

Okazaki Nagisa: Now, I mentioned that Tomoya changed incredibly, but Nagisa was the person to inspire or start that change. That's why I voted for her. Tomoya cut classes, quite often. Nagisa kept nagging him, encouraging him to attend on a regular basis. As a result, Tomoya attended class regularly after that. Tomoya was downright bitter twords his father and didn't want anything to do with him. It was Nagisa that pressed the issue, constantly reminding him about informing his dad of certain things and inviting his father to events behind his back. In after story, when Tomoya's dad got arrested, it was Nagisa that got Tomoya to go. As a result of all this, Tomoya was able to make ammends with his father.

Anyway, those are my top characters. I voted for some of the side characters as well, but these four characters were the ones that I wanted to elaborate on.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:25   Link #182
Lord Metaknight
Mystery = silent line

VOTED:

Shima & Misae - it would have been better if they ended up together just so dissapointed when He (shima) just left misae like that
Old 2010-05-15, 12:11   Link #183
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
I voted...

Okazaki Tomoya - Main hero, with lot of complex development in his life. Like him the best.

Okazaki Nagisa - One of my favorite main heroine, kind hearted and endearing person.

Fujibayashi Kyou - Like her attitude as Class Rep, reminds me of Kagami Hiragii ( From Lucky☆)

Furukawa Akio - Looks like a harsh person ( on Tomoya ) yet actually a caring person like Nagisa

Miyazawa Yukine - Such a caring character, I love how she treat everyone as her friends xD

Yoshino Yuusuke - I love his funny love jokes.

Sagara Misae and Shima Katsuki - I love how they love each other. Though He left Misae and stays with her in Neko form.

Sunohara Mei - Child looks yet more mature than her brother, a caring character for her brother. Also, reminds me as Azu-nyan from ( K - On!! )

Okazaki Ushio - Kawaii Character ne xD

Those are 10 top characters for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Metaknight View Post
VOTED:

Shima & Misae - it would have been better if they ended up together just so dissapointed when He (shima) just left misae like that
At least, now Misae realized that cat is Shima and she's taking care of him now xD
Old 2010-05-16, 06:10   Link #184
jimi-kun
Passer-by

Send a message via Yahoo to jimi-kun
Tsundere Kyou and her zettai ryouiki and evil face for the win! x3
Old 2010-05-16, 23:16   Link #185
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I'm glad that Tomoya sits right at the top of the list, rightfully taking his throne as king. Though Nagisa's popularity baffles me. I guess a lot of people think she's cute or something.

Tomoyo, however, will forever be the queen of my list. You don't meet women like that every day (...or ever because she doesn't exist, lol). But still, great character, I love how they wrote her in the VN and in the series, she still retains enough of that charm to be my favorite character.
Old 2010-05-16, 23:59   Link #186
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
I'm glad that Tomoya sits right at the top of the list, rightfully taking his throne as king. Though Nagisa's popularity baffles me. I guess a lot of people think she's cute or something.
It's not all that hard to believe considering her character. Nagisa deserves every right to be up there at the top of the list. Even so, I agree that Tomoya should be the best character in this series given his development. It's quite a feat when a male lead manages to take the top spot as the favorite character. With a cast consisting of so many females, Tomoya breaks the trend.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-18, 22:09   Link #187
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
It's not all that hard to believe considering her character. Nagisa deserves every right to be up there at the top of the list. Even so, I agree that Tomoya should be the best character in this series given his development. It's quite a feat when a male lead manages to take the top spot as the favorite character. With a cast consisting of so many females, Tomoya breaks the trend.
Quite agree with this. I prefer Tomoya as the best character, and Nagisa as 2nd best xD
Old 2010-05-18, 22:46   Link #188
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Fuck, I should have voted for Kyou, she's almost second place. She also used to be my favorite character at one point, but the VN totally ruined her for me.

lol @ Akio's votes though. I think he's 5th because of the Kamina shades. Nah, j/k, he's pretty awesome in his own right.

I suppose I can accept Tomoyo in 4th place; I just wish it were by a closer margin.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:51   Link #189
OkamiNoKaze

This show has lots of likable Characters, but Ultimately the top spot goes to Tomoyo, the scene in episode one with the bikers, won me over.
I also rather liked Fuuko, Nagisa, Kotomi, and Ryou. Of course I can't forget "The Man" Akio, I liked Misae right away too, would have liked to have seen more of her, but at least we got an arc for her in the second season, and of course the Aeris/th look alike herself, Sanae, the second season gave her a major bump in my standings
Old 2010-08-12, 22:25   Link #190
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

How could I have not seen this thread!!??

Tomoyo - The way she can kick anybodies' butt is seriously hilarious, especially the combo she always gets when beating up Sunohara.

Okazaki - Even though he is portrayed as a Delinquent, he is by far the most non-selfish delinquent I've ever seen before!
Old 2010-08-17, 18:00   Link #191
Buleria

Nagisa- She's one of my favorite anime girls! She's determined, but still kind and shy. She's very sweet.

Fuko- Fuko is hilarious! The things she says (and the way she treats Tomoya) really crack me up.

Kotomi- She really makes me laugh, and she's so innocent too. Very vute.

Tomoya- He's not my favorite anime guy, but he seems like a normal person who tries hard and learns from their mistakes.

Last edited by Buleria; 2010-08-25 at 13:49.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:21   Link #192
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I have only gotten about halfway through season one, but I've been spoiled by tons of clips online already.

I picked...

Tomoya Okazaki,
Because he's awesome. He's everything awesome and snarky I liked about Kyon, with very little of Kyon's Jerkassery and none of Kyon's male-tsundereness.

PLUS HIS VOICE ACTOR OH MY GOD.

GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Kotomi Ichinose,
I don't really know why but I like Kotomi. She's just so bizarre, she's awesome. I love it.

Ryou Fujibayashi,
The "yuri" scene. 'Nuff said. Also, I really like her voice actress.

... and Mei Sunohara.
Two things: she's an evil manipulative genius... and Yukari Tamura.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:28   Link #193
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Tomoya, Nagisa, Ushio, Sanae, Akio - Seriously, what a great family. Their love for each other shown through how they dealt with Nagisa's illness and other issues, and how they can just have a great time together (playing baseball for ex.). These characters are the main reason why After Story is my favorite.

My favorite females of the show:
1. Nagisa - I love her the most: strong willed despite her being physically weak. Makes me want to protect her.
2. Sanae - She looks like Nagisa's hot older sister, not to mention she's very loving and hilarious too. Raises Ushio and gives excellent motherly wisdom.
3. Ushio - If Rena (from Higurashi) ever met Ushio, she would be taken home before Rena says "Kawaii! Omochikaeri!"
4. Kyou - Sure she's the hottest of her friends and has a guard up at times, but she is a very nice girl past that. Practically lives for her sister, and takes care of children.
5. Tomoyo - Kicks ass (esp. Sunohara's), uber popular, model student, good looks, great confidence. She has everything going for her.
6. Yukine - I love her kindness and her determination., kind of like Nagisa in a way, but a with a little more confidence.

My favorite males of the show:
1. Tomoya - It's amazing how much he changes through out the show. Bottom line... you knock him down, he gets back up. Great lead character.
2. Akio - Probably the best anime father and not to mention hilarious. He and Sanae have great chemistry.
3. Yuusuke - In a band, electrician, and all around super helpful guy to Kyou. Very likeable character.

Last edited by HitagiIsHot; 2010-08-20 at 01:39.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:20   Link #194
zette

Voted on this quite some time ago, and my choices were Tomoya, Nagisa, Akio, Kyou, Tomoyo, Fuuko and Mei. If I had a chance to change my vote though, I'd definitely vote for everyone. This is just one of those series where the entire cast of characters come together so perfectly to deliver the show's main themes that it's really hard to not like any of them. If just one is missing, then Clannad wouldn't feel complete.
Old 2010-08-20, 11:40   Link #195
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'd have to agree with that. This story certainly has its characters down pat.
Old 2010-08-20, 19:30   Link #196
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

/nod One of the very few animes that can get a very detailic info of its characters, and still make them important in the story, even after their "arc" or "special events".

Just wished more animes would be like this, most animes I watch simply ditch the side-characters and focus more and more on the main characters.. But that would be quite tough to do.. Although main character focus is great, the side-characters were simply added, then are no more use but just having screen-time?
Old 2010-08-23, 17:02   Link #197
XGeneral2000

Voted a long time ago, and just now getting to posting my thoughts.

Spoiler for Various things:

Last edited by XGeneral2000; 2010-08-28 at 20:26.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:03   Link #198
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Tomoya goes through more character development than the combined development of the main characters in half the shows I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
/nod One of the very few animes that can get a very detailic info of its characters, and still make them important in the story, even after their "arc" or "special events".

Just wished more animes would be like this, most animes I watch simply ditch the side-characters and focus more and more on the main characters.. But that would be quite tough to do.. Although main character focus is great, the side-characters were simply added, then are no more use but just having screen-time?
Well, it was pretty easy to keep them important to the story, since the characters basically were the story.

The actual overarching plot theme, the existence of "other worlds" and various supernatural occurrences, was not explored hardly at all, which is a shame. They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot totally applies here.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:03   Link #199
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGeneral2000 View Post
Voted a long time ago, and just now getting to posting my thoughts.

Furukawa (Okazaki) Nagisa - I'll admit, this was a difficult choice for me. Character-wise, Nagisa failed to impress me. I generally dislike the weak, inconfident, overly guilty type - I like people with backbone. Her arc in the first season, the drama club thing, seemed a tad anticlmactic and melodramatic (some emotional moments for sure, but it's a drama club.) However, I cannot help but admit that neither Tomoya or Clannad itself would not have been what they were without her. Out of all of the girls, she was the only one who could have changed Tomoya into what he was at the end. Not only did she introduce purpose into his life, she showed him the true meaning and value of family. She forced Tomoya to confront his own family-related problems, and this was the catalyst that started Tomoya's long road to reconciliation with his father and daughter - something I don't think any other girl could have done. A lot of other potential "After Stories" would have been quite satisfying for sure (especially Tomoyo's, I would have loved to see that), but I think only Nagisa's could have clinched everything the way it did. For making Clannad what it is, Nagisa gets a spot here.
Where is Tomoya's vote!?

While I mostly agree with what you've stated above I can't help but disagree with your comments on Nagisa. For the most part she really was the epitome of those characteristics well into the second season, but Nagisa's effect on Tomoya's character development seems to overshadow her own.

From my perspective, Nagisa went through some pretty significant developments and never reverted to her original form by the end of After Story.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-08-25 at 01:33.
Old 2010-08-25, 00:54   Link #200
Luna91

Well i voted for Ushio, Akio, Tomoya and Nagisa, in that order

Ushio - what a ray of sunshine, she was so 'real', plus she is cute as a button
Akio - Haha he is just the funniest dad ever
Tomoya - loved his character development, especially in the second season obviously.
Nagisa - started out as a character i didn't think i would like but she grew on me throughout the whole series.

Special mention to Sanae and Kotomi