AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 23:17   Link #1041
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This is an image from one of the Japanese model conventions. The ships are the 21 that were at Pluto. (useful as a painting guide, and for naming and numbering if you could find a closer shot so each could be identified).

One thing that has been pointed out to me is that the ships on the left seem to be larger than the ones in the center and on the right. These are suppose to all be 1/1000 scale ships. So either it is some sort of optical illusion, or they didn't have enough models and used some larger scale ships someone else made to fill in the fleet. All the stands are the same. I imagine they were specifically prepared with each ship's name and hull number.

-------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Hilde update today. Seem she's being used as promotional material in Osaka.

As well as getting a character sheet for herself. Not all that bad for someone that basically only got a hologram appearance (Geru hasn't even warrented a page yet and he had more screen time and lines).

(Source: http://yamato2199.net/character_hirde.html)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-09-04 at 13:36. Reason: Yamato 2199 site updates
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:23   Link #1042
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

As well as getting a character sheet for herself. Not all that bad for someone that basically only got a hologram appearance (Geru hasn't even warrented a page yet and he had more screen time and lines).

Well maybe it's because once we start going through the low ranking Gamilon commanders, we're going to be going through them REALLY fast. (also, Hilde is cuter....but Ace pilot red head is also hot to maybe it's because we haven't officially seen red, is why her character page isn't up).

Also, Hilde seems noticeably shorter in the profile shots compared to the Yamato female crew(even accounting for the heeled boots). I'd probably guesstimate her age somewhere between 14-16.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 13:05   Link #1043
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think the data there says she is 13.
Old 2012-09-04, 13:10   Link #1044
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Now, while Hilde is not the reason I watch Yamato, that is d-d-d-damn good.

Also, who cares about Geru?

Hell, I expect to see a profile for the redhead pilot before Geru

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 13:29   Link #1045
xza6atox

loved the movie, didn't know til now that there's an anime, thanks to this thread
xza6atox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 14:41   Link #1046
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I think the data there says she is 13.
Oh, I didn't notice that. That COULD be her age. Kinda weird that it wasn't in the same same spot as in the profile pages for the Yamato crew.

Though even if you added on a few years, it would that Schulz probably married late to have an only child that young.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Now, while Hilde is not the reason I watch Yamato, that is d-d-d-damn good.

Also, who cares about Geru?

Hell, I expect to see a profile for the redhead pilot before Geru
We're gonna get planet bombed again, aren't we?

...though really thinking about it...there's only one profile spot left for the Gamilons. Now they could expand it, but ATM there's only one slot left...somehow I don't think that Geru is going to get it, being a stock unsympathetic low level bad guy lackey.

I'm voting that it'll probably be the red head.
Old 2012-09-04, 15:04   Link #1047
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by xza6atox View Post
loved the movie, didn't know til now that there's an anime, thanks to this thread
It was an anime series, first, in 1974...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Oh, I didn't notice that. That COULD be her age.
It says that she's the equivalent of a 13 year-old on Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Though even if you added on a few years, it would that Schulz probably married late to have an only child that young.
Assuming this is the only child; or she could just the youngest and/or only daughter...
Old 2012-09-04, 15:31   Link #1048
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No telling how long a Gamilas year is, or a Zalts (was that it?) year is. Nor how fast these people age. If we took Be Forever, Yamato as a standard for some of these races, she's a year old (since the Iscandarian-Human Sasha looked to be 16 or so and was only a year or two old at the most). I will assume they will ignore that in the future as that was a plot device rather than a logical choice...as the story was suppose to be decades in the future rather than six months to a year later.

They are doing their best to make Schulz sympathetic and at least somewhat competent as a commander. A far cry from the more buffonish man we saw in the original. Gantz is still a little slow it seems. Not as much as the orignal were he comes off as a little dense. The two of them seemed styled to be a comedy duo rather than the men that took out the Earth's defenses and bombed the planet to near extinction. Now I can believe he could do it...before he's forces were out technologied by Yamato. He is underestimating them slightly, but that's probably form eight years of fighting the Humans. He was clever in converting the Reflex Gun into a planetary defense gun, and he and his men seen to have been under Dommel, which might be a sign of competence. Though they were sent out to the Solar System to deal with the "Terons". That might be a shame posting. It is hard to tell.
Old 2012-09-04, 15:45   Link #1049
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Though they were sent out to the Solar System to deal with the "Terons". That might be a shame posting. It is hard to tell.
Well commands and detachments get shuffled around allot in most large militaries. Though it doesn't seem that implausible that the Gamilons would view subjugation of such a technologically inferior species such as earth to be the jobs of auxiliary troops like the Zalts.

I don't doubt that they're probably competent military men, but lets be fair. Their operation HAS effectively been limited to chucking shit at earth for the last 8 years, and gunning down near defenseless earth space fleets in transit to try to attack Pluto. Not to mention they've been so isolated, and away from home for so long.

It wouldn't be surprising if they got a little rusty, compared to the humans, all of whom have managed to stay alive are bound to be sharp as knives.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:06   Link #1050
macdawson

I read a text in a blog where, from what i could understand (damned Google translator), Hilde is 13 and has a brother of about 1. The character card has at least confirmed her age.
Shultz is a lot more competent here but he had 2 things against him. He is seriously underestimating the Yamato and Okita is a better commander. I do hope Shultz has a different fate from the original, surprising since i didn't really like him in his previous incarnations and didn't mind the Yamato blowing him apart. But here. . .the daughter serves to remind us that whoever is on the other side of any war also has a family waiting back home, be it here on Earth or out there.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:23   Link #1051
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
I read a text in a blog where, from what i could understand (damned Google translator), Hilde is 13 and has a brother of about 1. The character card has at least confirmed her age.
Shultz is a lot more competent here but he had 2 things against him. He is seriously underestimating the Yamato and Okita is a better commander. I do hope Shultz has a different fate from the original, surprising since i didn't really like him in his previous incarnations and didn't mind the Yamato blowing him apart. But here. . .the daughter serves to remind us that whoever is on the other side of any war also has a family waiting back home, be it here on Earth or out there.
It's because in the original Schultz was just a Gamilon lackey who they forgot to color in blue.

Here Schulz and his people are a victim of Gamilon's imperialism just like earth. The Gamilons probably smacked their shit the same way they did Earths, and their only choice was to surrender. And surrender probably meant men from their planet being conscripted to fight for the Gamilons as Auxiliaries. Most of them probably don't like it, but given their circumstances resistance isn't practical.

If things had turned out a bit differently, earthlings could have ended up in the exact same position.

Schulz underestimating the Yamato isn't too outrageous. He's a veteran at fighting the UN Space Force, so he's very well versed in the technical abilities of their ships. The Yamato is a completely out of context problem, and he didn't have enough time to adapt to it.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:58   Link #1052
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And he still doesn't know what weapon they used to destroy the floating continent. Plus no one particularly believes his story of a FTL equipt Earth ship.

I doubt Geru has reported about the floating continent yet. He thinks the Earth ship is ugly. I wonder what sort of reaction he'll have once it starts taking out some parts of his fleet (assuming Yamato doesn't just random warp to escape without firing a shot).
Old 2012-09-04, 20:46   Link #1053
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I doubt Geru has reported about the floating continent yet. He thinks the Earth ship is ugly. I wonder what sort of reaction he'll have once it starts taking out some parts of his fleet (assuming Yamato doesn't just random warp to escape without firing a shot).
Do you REALLY think it'll be that easy?
Old 2012-09-04, 21:56   Link #1054
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Random warping is never "easy".

If it doen't lead them to a dimentional void it leads to the next major plot twist.
Old 2012-09-05, 03:17   Link #1055
macdawson

From what we see in the trailer, Goer will launch a direct attack against the Yamato. Obviously he will be defeated, since he underestimates Yamato evem more than Shultz. I guess that battle will wipe the smirk off his face. And probably lead to his demotion and Domel's deployment.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:20   Link #1056
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
From what we see in the trailer, Goer will launch a direct attack against the Yamato. Obviously he will be defeated, since he underestimates Yamato evem more than Shultz. I guess that battle will wipe the smirk off his face. And probably lead to his demotion and Domel's deployment.
I'm also imagining that Hilde is being set up pathos for Domel. Her family will probably end up ostracized for the *disgrace* of her father, while Domel will reassure her that he probably did everything he could, especially after the Yamato causes significant damage to the Gamilons.

Spoiler for edit: Also, gun and ammunition details.:

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-09-05 at 06:48.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:59   Link #1057
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Either he will be defeated or the crew will think it wiser to witdrawl and accidentally end up in that dimentional sea with that lone Gamilas Battlecruiser.

It is clear they are engaged by a large newer Gamilas fleet, and take some damage. But we don't see any return fire as of yet.
Old 2012-09-06, 21:47   Link #1058
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Thumbs up

I'm worn out! I saw the 26 episodes from the original series (1974).
Was a terrific experience.

triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 22:30   Link #1059
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A convention version of the Battle at Pluto (2199) with miniatures

This was the game I ran on the evening of September 2, 2012 in Fremont, California.

This is a long battle report with pictures.
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But the aftermath nets this ship:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-09-07 at 00:39. Reason: Corrections and Gamilon casualties
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:14   Link #1060
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Just finished 3-6 and I was blown away by how good this is turning out. I can not wait for the 3 installment. I wish US theaters would show, probably would take in more money than some of the crap being shown.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato