AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 04:59   Link #4581
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Would Kagawa have been an answer against City? I didn't see the match so I am not in the best position to judge. But, I saw the match against Leverkusen, and he did not look that good. Either he wasn't fit or something, but he got pushed away and dispossessed way too easily by Leverkusen's players. So him playing in City is like throwing him in a fire, with City having much stronger and better midfielders than Leverkusen.

Anyway I really don't like Asian players in England, never felt that the style matched.
Old 2013-09-23, 05:39   Link #4582
Bri

Bringing on Kagawa wouldn't have made much difference. City exposed United's left flank and Moyes waited too long to change the formation in response.

I don't understand why he chose to leave a rising force like Dortmund for a fairly mediocre United side.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 05:49   Link #4583
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Cause, EPL IS TEH BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!

I don't blame him though, joining United is pretty prestigious. Sucks for him that Van Persie got signed and Ferguson left.
Old 2013-09-23, 09:33   Link #4584
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Hope you guys will concede me a short moment of glory since it looks like what we've done last year not only got us an award for best academic youth project but has somewhat inspired the English FA to follow a similar example: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ng-school.html

Although money and big sponsors will always play the biggest role it's good to know that the investments and effort spent in developing the youth system might pay off and favor the growth of the club and the whole football movement as well.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 20:11   Link #4585
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Would Kagawa have been an answer against City? I didn't see the match so I am not in the best position to judge. But, I saw the match against Leverkusen, and he did not look that good. Either he wasn't fit or something, but he got pushed away and dispossessed way too easily by Leverkusen's players. So him playing in City is like throwing him in a fire, with City having much stronger and better midfielders than Leverkusen.

Anyway I really don't like Asian players in England, never felt that the style matched.
For that, someone needs to remind Patrice Evra that his arse should stay put at the back instead of bombing forward and leave gaps behind. This guy is the reason why we can't play Kagawa on the left yet. For the record, Phillip Lahm used to bomb forward a lot before he was asked to stay at the back and become more effective at the back, which is compatible with his older age. After all, the best fullbacks don't contribute that much to the attack nowadays.

Kagawa's performance against Leverkusen was expected from anyone making his first appearance in the season, and yet he generated a few good things with his own creativity. I'm not sure criticism would have gotten bad if he scored after making a nice chest control; pundits recognized his contribution in making the entire attacking setup look more dangerous against Leverkusen than it ever was against City. However, let me tell you this: if coaches said to both David Silva and Juan Mata that they would live and die with them despite the "lightweight" criticism, why can we not do the same with Kagawa instead of overprotecting him? The only way a player will improve, especially a player of talent, is by letting him adjust through a string of games.

Either way, anybody on the left flank is better than the useless and good-for-nothing TWAT named Ashley Young. Furthermore, the fact that Moyes only made one change in the entire game against City was just plain insulting. I just HATE David Moyes, his conservative approach, his lack of faith in talented players and his mid-table club mentality. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses the dressing room before the end of the season. Should have made Jürgen Klopp the highest earner among all managers instead of hiring Gollum as our manager.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:34   Link #4586
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Klopp wouldn't abandon BVB. its his child, like Arsenal is Wenger's.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:21   Link #4587
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
About that real Madrid elche game uh. Some penalty. Even as a Madrid fan I'm kinda of embarrassed. But I guess that is part of football too I guess. Luck and shitty refereeing. I don't think the referred was bribed as people like to accuse Madrid of doing. Why would they have bribed a referee in game that everyone already thought they were going to win?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 12:09   Link #4588
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post

I can't understand why he didn't get a penalty?
Ref probably felt that the striker wasn't hindered from taking the shot. Still, should have been a penalty and a red card. Pretty much the same as shirt pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
About that real Madrid elche game uh. Some penalty. Even as a Madrid fan I'm kinda of embarrassed. But I guess that is part of football too I guess. Luck and shitty refereeing. I don't think the referred was bribed as people like to accuse Madrid of doing. Why would they have bribed a referee in game that everyone already thought they were going to win?
Gambling syndicates making sure they wouldn't lose money due a surprise result?
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 10:58   Link #4589
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The two Manchester clubs just lost in games which they should have easily won.....

And with Chelsea incredibly being inconsistent, it seems this season was set up for Arsenal (or Spur) to win the league
Old 2013-09-28, 15:58   Link #4590
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The two Manchester clubs just lost in games which they should have easily won.....

And with Chelsea incredibly being inconsistent, it seems this season was set up for Arsenal (or Spur) to win the league
It's still early days but I have to admit, Arsenal's current form and the struggles of the Manchester clubs and Chelsea have me pretty excited.

Loved Serge Gnarby's cool finish against Swansea today and the build-up to Rambo's goal was exquisite.
Old 2013-09-28, 16:54   Link #4591
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

top of the league, top of the league!

everyone dropped points today except arsenal. stellar. we have still yet to play our ideal first team. ugh, i can't wait.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2013-09-28, 20:20   Link #4592
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

next week of CL is definetely going to be an interesting one.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:44   Link #4593
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Incredible week - Mancs lost matches they would have eaten up in previous campaigns, and Arsenal grinding out a win that they would have drawn. With the other London derby ending in a draw it firmly puts us at the top with a 2-point advantage and if we could build it into something like 10 points by Christmas, we're in good stead for the rest of the reason, barring any major slip-ups.

Great goals by Gnabry and Ramsey. Really enjoyed them.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:04   Link #4594
Azuma Denton
~AD~

3 weeks ago, Gnabry is particular unknown player for the world.
But last time, surely he made a headline by doing that penetration.

And Ramsey. What kind of drugs did Wenger feed him??
8 goals in 9 games...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:06   Link #4595
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Let's see...Ramsey scored yet another goal, United in shambles, City lost an easy game, and Spurs and Chelsea drew, the best possible result for the match of the London knockoffs.

Did Arsène sacrifice a goat to the Old Ones when we weren't looking?

///

Realistically though, I'm very worried Arsenal's glorious momentum would be crashing against an inspiring Napoli side. If we somehow win that match however, the quadruple is bloody well on.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:51   Link #4596
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone know the story of Ramsey?

Apparently, the reason why he suddenly performed so well this season, was because previously he got a curse sealed within him, that will kill a high profile person every time he scored. So the guy could not play to his best. But somehow he successfully lift that up during the summer, and now can freely get on goaling spree....
Old 2013-09-29, 19:52   Link #4597
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

prior to breaking his leg, Ramsey was as promising as Cesc was. It only took him 3 years to completely get over it. the psychological barrier is ginormous for any recovering athlete.

Old 2013-10-01, 20:58   Link #4598
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Arsenal-Napoli: Ramsey didn't score.

ARSENAL IN CRISIS
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:04   Link #4599
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Arsenal-Napoli: Ramsey didn't score.

ARSENAL IN CRISIS
Özil dominated.

Now hearing weeping from Perez.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:19   Link #4600
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Good to see Arsenal rescue a point yesterday. Hoping we see more of Gnarby because Wilshere and Ramsey aren't effective enough on the wings.

Tags
football, soccer