AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-14, 11:50   Link #41
cupumanager

...I've always been thinking, that this Manga, filled to the brim with Good-Looking Men in Gorgeous Uniform, is a perfect Fujoshi Bait...

Well, Whaddaya Know...

Nakajima Michitsune, or His Circle, Ikuseitousi, work such kind of Doujins...In fact, The Character Design of Bernd Baltzer and Reiner von Winkelfeld is a direct copy of how Prussia and Germany were portrayed in their Hetalia Yaoi H-Doujin...

Don't believe me? google it for yourselves, I not going to link such things in here: Ikuseitousi, Hetalia DJ, Indirect Approach Strategy, Prussia x Germany.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 11:55   Link #42
Tenzen12

Well I was also always thinking that

...until most gorgeous guy who was best fujoshi bait out of all didn't turned to be gorgerous girl
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 13:42   Link #43
cupumanager

HOH, She's so hot in dem Fur-lined Pelisse, Atilla Tunic, and Tight Breeches...

Mmh, nothing beats 19th century Uniforms - The Hussar Pelisse coat even entered Civilian Women Fashion...
Old 2014-04-25, 12:00   Link #44
reashot

Just read the latest chapter (omake though)

Baltzer is now taking a break from saving his students from bullets to saving his students from the threat of STD.
(edited from the Manga)

Last edited by reashot; 2014-04-25 at 12:14.
reashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 12:12   Link #45
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Face-palm from reading the omake.... By the way, what does Baltzer mean when he said "looks like I wasn't infected"?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 12:30   Link #46
Kna

No good deed goes unpunished....
Kna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 12:42   Link #47
reashot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Face-palm from reading the omake.... By the way, what does Baltzer mean when he said "looks like I wasn't infected"?
As long as your "batmobile" doesn't enter the herpes filled woman "batcave" you pretty much dodge a bullet there.
Old 2014-04-25, 13:18   Link #48
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by reashot View Post
As long as your "batmobile" doesn't enter the herpes filled woman "batcave" you pretty much dodge a bullet there.
What I meant is why did he say that in the first place if he hasn't done the act with another of those prostitutes in the chapter?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:31   Link #49
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
What I meant is why did he say that in the first place if he hasn't done the act with another of those prostitutes in the chapter?
To give information to the reader that he didn't get any STDs.

Anyway, poor Baltzar. He save those prostitutes life and health from STDs for free.
And his reward? Banned! lol

About the extras:
The apple pie looks nice.
Never knew taking a refreshing steam bath took that long.
Helmut looks beautiful in a Drindl. The other two... not so much.
Old 2014-04-26, 02:00   Link #50
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Helmut looks beautiful in a Drindl. The other two... not so much.
Meh, why Paul and Thomas?

Get Dieter in one of those Dirndl alongside Helmut...I bet it would suit him perfectly...

and why, oh why, are the Cadet boys ended up wearing those anyway? What kind of sick officer would order his subordinate to do that? For what? To compensate his pent up fury of barred from getting whores celebrate his triumph of saving the students from STD-riddled Brothel?
Old 2014-05-14, 15:36   Link #51
cupumanager

...Did Nielson just have a Boner?

...or my mind just wander too far, and that was his knee...

...but what with all of that "Eek, hide all the girls!"?

I mean, whats the...uh, point? Battles such a turn on for him?
Old 2014-05-15, 08:14   Link #52
reashot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
...Did Nielson just have a Boner?

...or my mind just wander too far, and that was his knee...

...but what with all of that "Eek, hide all the girls!"?

I mean, whats the...uh, point? Battles such a turn on for him?
When faced with life & death situation human tend to get "horny". Soldiers especially. When being relocated far from home. You can bet there's a brothel not to far away from the base. Mostly used to unwind.

& yeah for new chapter!

but it ended with a cliffhanger

& a new map of the region. (edited from the page)

Weisen: Prussia/North German Federation.
Baseland: A possible expy of South German countries. (Probably Bavaria)
Erzreich: Austria.
Norden-Trade: Probably Denmark. (Annexed by Weissen & is currently being contested by Holback)
Holback: Definitely Sweden.
Old 2014-05-15, 10:07   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa. Nielson just broke the Geneva Convention of treating wounded enemy prisoners.
Now that the Holbeck Cavalry is here, will Baltzer and his men defeat them?
Old 2014-05-16, 01:44   Link #54
reashot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Whoa. Nielson just broke the Geneva Convention of treating wounded enemy prisoners.
Now that the Holbeck Cavalry is here, will Baltzer and his men defeat them?
Is there even a "Geneva" in there? Even though there's no Geneva executing the wounded seems to be "look down upon" even by the Holbeck soldiers.

This is Balzer we talking about & Where's the Germa.... Weissen Cavalry when you need one?
Old 2014-05-16, 11:12   Link #55
reashot

BTW. I just noticed that the artist seems to make multiple errors on what kind of "rifle" the Holback army supposed to have:

(All images are edited)

This one seems to be flintlock.

While on this page the soldiers uses lever-action rifles!

Then on the next page all the rifles then changed to bolt-action.

The only thing in common with all of these is that the Holback army uses socket Bayonet compared to Weissen sword bayonet:

Last edited by reashot; 2014-05-16 at 11:26.
Old 2014-05-17, 02:24   Link #56
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by reashot View Post
This is Balzer we talking about & Where's the Germa.... Weissen Cavalry when you need one?
No, This is Baltzer we are talking about: Where's The Weißen Artillery Corps when you need them.

Nah, this isn't some regular lack of sexual targets, but a full-blown War Boner - even his lieutenant call him sick warmonger. If he's not a Noble, he won't survive such incidents - and its implied that this wasn't the first time.

By the way, I was looking for Fanarts, and for such an obscure manga, it have quite a sizeable number in pixiv- more than Vinland Saga in fact ...for some reasons or the others...
Old 2014-05-22, 09:20   Link #57
reashot

Yeah just saw the new chapter. The Allied forces got pulverized by the Cavalry!
Old 2014-05-22, 14:39   Link #58
cupumanager

Hmmm...how many Cuirassiers do Nielson commands? Several Hundred? Even though the charge easily mow the Square, the Rifle fire from Two Infantry Companies should make some heavy casualties amongst the Cavalry.

Close-range repelling volley are powerful, no matter with smoothbore muskets or longer ranged rifles. One memoir from the Napoleonic War reported that a Musket Volley in Waterloo managed to scatter and disperse 100 Cuirassiers, even though only actually killing 8 men and 12 horses. Morale Shock really counts; the falling first rank trips and stumbled the ranks behind, breaking the formation. Breechloading Rifles should be able to hit earlier when they are further, and may able to squeeze some more shots before the melee.

But I should mention that Nielson cleverly position his charge where only one of the square have clear line of fire - the other square cannot use their firepower fully, in risk of friendly fire. Not to mention in Squares less men can bear their gun to the target, compared to line, because of the shape. The Cuirassiers also managed to keep cohesion and momentum when being shot. Holbeck Cuirassiers also isn't your regular Cuirassier: They are armed with Halberds, not only Sabres. Lancers generally have better records at breaking Infantry Formation than Sabreurs.

Ah, make me wanna try recreate this in FoTS...2 Shogunate Guards with Chassepots in Square Formation, against several Sengoku Great Guards...

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-05-22 at 15:47.
Old 2014-05-23, 01:09   Link #59
Kyosuke_Nanbu

I stopped trying to make sense the tech of this series when the author try to show the tech gap between Weiben and Basehand with Ball musket and Bolt action rifle despite they are neighbors. It is ridiculous as the conversion to rifle from smoothbore musket is easy.the bottleneck is ammo which cn be solved easy with new mold when you knew the new design like Minie balls.Surely some of them have a rifle as they were high class hunting weapon before the invention of methods to fast loading rifle

It is even more glaring if you are reading Safehold like me....
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 15:04   Link #60
cupumanager

The author deliberately exaggerates this. The Rifle and Locomotive used by Weißen are also too advanced for 1860s, but that's why he set the story in a paper-thin fantasy version of the real history - to give leeways.

The Weißen Rifle for example - Its looks like Brass-cased M1898, even with 20th century bent handle. The real world Prussian of the era used M1841 paper cartridge Bolt Action with much longer bayonet than the manga counterpart.

Dieter can clean clogs by making a small ditch in a bore...how if he made some and giving it some twist...

Now, The Entire Strunz Heavy Industries - They can convert rifled muskets in Industrial scale; Reboring the barrel with rifling, replace the flintlock
mechanism and cut the breech into trapdoor/rollingblock/snuffbox configuration .

Before the riots, remember Prince Reiner had the intention to do this after the demonstration. Baselland should modernize their arms by themselves. However the subsequent affairs made this largely forgotten. I hope this will be touched again later.

Not that Baltzer really care - Baselland Royal Guards armed by Weißen made guns? Thats a good deal.

Tags
historical, military school