AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 20:13   Link #2321
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
DARKER AND EDGIER!
Haruhi herself is like anti-darker and edgier.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:23   Link #2322
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... I'd say "Easy darkfic; just remove Haruhi," but... yeah, that just ends up having Kyon verbally attack "random" female students.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:24   Link #2323
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I'd say "Easy darkfic; just remove Haruhi," but... yeah, that just ends up having Kyon verbally attack "random" female students.
And that is why Vol. 4 is amazing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:25   Link #2324
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Why do we need a darker and edgier Haruhi anyway?
Old 2009-07-21, 20:28   Link #2325
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

We don't, really. It's just for fun.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-21, 22:54   Link #2326
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember...Trope subversion is also a Haruhi way. Make you think they'll follow a trope and then use a different one instead...or invent one...just because...she can.
Old 2009-07-22, 00:28   Link #2327
mitsuganae

BTW, what are we supposed to make of the fact that (according to Baka-Tsuki) Vol. 10 has an ISBN number? Does that mean that the work is actually written/finished, and the publication delay is really just that? Is the work being rewritten, or was it never finished to begin with? Is there a god? Oh wait...
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 02:23   Link #2328
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...She's a slider?

One theory is that she's an alternate version of Kyon's sister... something like that.

In any case, a hell of a lot worse things are happening in Beta. Yuki especially seems doomed.

You don't do an alternate universe story like this unless you're going to epically destroy one universe.

I mean, it could be an alternate dataspace, but Yuki would most definitely notice.

Unless it's Kyon and only Kyon trapped in that dataspace. Which would be gloriously mindfuck.

But then again... it's "alpha". That alone implies that it comes first.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time, in a way. The alternate reality versions of Haruhi, Koizumi, and Mikuru were "wiped out" after Yuki from a few weeks later undid her previous incarnation's re-write.

In the Alpha verse, I think everyone but Yuki might just be a copy---like Koizumi suggested they might all be in Snow Mountain Syndrome, copies of the original data like a game save. The Yuki the Alpha-thread might be an exception, and Kuyoh had to trap her data in the space instead of making a copy. What's left of Yuki in the real world is suffering from her fever because a part of her has been sealed off.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 07:17   Link #2329
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
BTW, what are we supposed to make of the fact that (according to Baka-Tsuki) Vol. 10 has an ISBN number? Does that mean that the work is actually written/finished, and the publication delay is really just that? Is the work being rewritten, or was it never finished to begin with? Is there a god? Oh wait...
ISBN.org FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISBN.org
An ISBN should be assigned to each title or product, including any backlist or forthcoming titles. Each format or binding must have a separate ISBN (i.e. hardcover, paperbound, VHS video, laserdisc, e-book format, etc). A new ISBN is required for a revised edition. Once assigned, an ISBN can never be reused. An ISBN is printed on the lower portion of the back cover of a book above the bar code and on the copyright page.
Basically? It means nothing.
Old 2009-07-22, 07:33   Link #2330
mitsuganae

Many thanks, spawnofthejudge.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:11   Link #2331
Driger

Official comic(doujin) anthology Vol.2 has been released yesterday.
涼宮ハルヒの祝祭(The Festival of Haruhi Suzumiya)

「涼宮ハルヒの祝祭」発売! ハルヒコミックアンソロ第2弾
http://akiba.kakaku.com/etc/0907/24/201500.php
Old 2009-07-26, 03:26   Link #2332
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driger View Post
Official comic(doujin) anthology Vol.2 has been released yesterday.
The 9th volume of the manga and the 3rd volume (normal edition) of the Haruhi-chan manga were also released on the same day.

http://akiba.kakaku.com/hobby/0907/22/214500.php
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 16:42   Link #2333
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The 9th volume of the manga and the 3rd volume (normal edition) of the Haruhi-chan manga were also released on the same day.

http://akiba.kakaku.com/hobby/0907/22/214500.php
So, judging by the cover art of the ninth volume, it's that last bit of Disappearance (around the end of chapter 4 to the epilogue?). I like that picture of Asakura; nice change from the 3 female leads. After this, they should do Charmed At First Sight LOVER, right?

Also, what's Festival supposed to be? A collection of the manga?
Old 2009-07-27, 00:08   Link #2334
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Festival would be a collection of Doujin mangas.

Mmmm. Delicious Asakura.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 17:59   Link #2335
cybermirage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
So, judging by the cover art of the ninth volume, it's that last bit of Disappearance (around the end of chapter 4 to the epilogue?). I like that picture of Asakura; nice change from the 3 female leads. After this, they should do Charmed At First Sight LOVER, right?
Volume 9 of the manga covers the remainder of Disappearance, the epilouge, and ends with a "parallel world" story.

And yes, the next volume preview is for Charmed at First Sight LOVER.

On a slightly un-related note, there is a new Haruhi spin-off manga: Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu or The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-chan. It seems to be following what would have happened if Kyon's memory had also been erased during the events of Disappearance

Link to raw because I have no image uploading account. My appologies if this is against the rules. I will remove it if it is.

-Link Removed- Sorry about that. I should probably go read the rules better.

Last edited by cybermirage; 2009-07-27 at 23:15.
cybermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 18:10   Link #2336
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. Very interesting...needs translations eventually, but still....
Old 2009-07-27, 23:01   Link #2337
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I'm not entirely sure on the rules when it comes to raw manga... but I think it's okay as long as it's unlicensed. Or maybe that's just fan translations...

*e*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule 1.1
Any untranslated manga scans (Manga Raws)
It's not allowed.
Old 2009-07-28, 20:58   Link #2338
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
Well, it wouldn't be the first time, in a way. The alternate reality versions of Haruhi, Koizumi, and Mikuru were "wiped out" after Yuki from a few weeks later undid her previous incarnation's re-write.

In the Alpha verse, I think everyone but Yuki might just be a copy---like Koizumi suggested they might all be in Snow Mountain Syndrome, copies of the original data like a game save. The Yuki the Alpha-thread might be an exception, and Kuyoh had to trap her data in the space instead of making a copy. What's left of Yuki in the real world is suffering from her fever because a part of her has been sealed off.
That is what I thought while reading it. Just like they did in Snow Mountain Syndrome, but there isn't enough info yet to do anything except guess.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 11:05   Link #2339
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermirage View Post
When in the novels did he actually use it?

If you mean used it as a threat then okay, yeah he has sort of used it.

If you mean to convince Haruhi, I don't think he has.
He has, just not the normal Haruhi. Remember how alt-Haruhi wasn't being very friendly until he used the code to introduce himself? She was hanging off his every word afterwords.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:47   Link #2340
mokuseimaru

I was just thinking along the lines of the "darker and edgier" thing---but in the novels, Kyon seems to be a bit less of a cynic than he appears in the anime. Or maybe it's more that he becomes so as the story progresses.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga