AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 20:12   Link #20481
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

We already have some plot in disposal

How was the business? I just resumed writing the holes in chapter 12 XD
Old 2012-02-01, 20:46   Link #20482
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
We already have some plot in disposal

How was the business? I just resumed writing the holes in chapter 12 XD
I'll get back to it tom.

TO address the other's questions. Here's my impression of the plot of Sacred Twins

First, on a interpersonal level, it is basically the character development of Ichika and Madoka and the blossoming of a taboo relationship as Madoka realises how much she needs Ichika. For Ichika, much like Haru from YnS, struggles under the temptation between morality of society and for himself. His denseness is half of a mask that he puts on himself, as a way to shield himself from his feelings towards and from Madoka, but also "friendzoning" his osana najimi/girls who also display feelings for him.

As a subplot, Chifuyu's relationship with Joshua is complicated, as it may serve as a parallel to IchikaMadoka, but what happened there resulted in tragedy and Chifuyu basically has a lot of guilt behind it. She doesn't completely enjoy the fact that her younger siblings are walking the same path she did.

On the political/international level, Phantom Task is basically creating a new Female World Order, but using the power of the IS. Due to conflict of interest between the existing governments who still have a remnant of males are resisting, hence it allowed Phantom Task to engage in terrorist-like activities, but they target IS facilities but do not harm civilians unless it's collateral damage.

Tabane is playing a neutral evil here, seeing as she desired the world to be more "exciting" and sharing that fun with Joshua, Chifuyu and their family was one of the main motivations of why she created the IS. Joshua is playing a devil's advocate, while he appears confident and everything. He is actually feeling a bit guilty for pushing Tabane to open Pandora's box.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 21:16   Link #20483
Eratas123

Fic status: 500'words and counting.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:17   Link #20484
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Treme -
What's the main point, what's the conlflict, and what is the story trying to achieve?
Spoiler for plot:
Old 2012-02-01, 21:24   Link #20485
Eratas123

That's what I was looking for Now we finally get a coherent plot
Old 2012-02-01, 22:38   Link #20486
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hmm...

...for some reason, I don't like Joshua already and I don't even know the fella......

And of course it has NOTHING to do with him snagging Chifuyu sometime in the past...oh no, not that....not that at all...()

Why am I so possessive of her? WHY!?!?! ...this can't be healthy...
Old 2012-02-01, 22:39   Link #20487
Eratas123

Everybody's attached to Chifuyu one way or another Just look at Maya's reaction to "being Chifuyu-san's sister in law".
Old 2012-02-01, 22:46   Link #20488
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol, I knew it, Joshua's presence alone is causing a ruckus, let alone his abilities and stuff...

EDIT: Oh wait, now I found why Joshua is so reckless even though he's amnesiac...
Old 2012-02-01, 22:55   Link #20489
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Maya just wants to say 'Chifuyu-nee' like Ichika can. lol

Maybe I should just draw up a bio of that one character I brainstormed about earlier - the male Kendo instructor/competitor ... maybe then I can begin the slow process of healing ie. entertaining the thought of 'another guy' for Chifuyu other than Ichika - weird as that sounds...
Old 2012-02-01, 23:00   Link #20490
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Do people's personality really change if they get amnesia? Joshua sounds different before and after he loses his memories.

@ Tempest - You should tell us about this OC Also, you might want to check if Chifuyu's really bro-con or not
Old 2012-02-01, 23:06   Link #20491
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

She says she isn't...but... It's like she's trying to create that 'sibling distance' but (1) - he's already been 'formatted' for her ...
(2) - she knows she's got a good thing going and she doesn't want to give it up just yet.

I bet if he didn't have the ability to pilot an IS, she wouldn't have really cared since she was away from him for long periods of time, but now they see each other pretty much every day...
Old 2012-02-01, 23:07   Link #20492
Eratas123

@ Tempest - Personally, I think she's just attached to him since he's her only living relative left.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:08   Link #20493
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As for him playing Devil's advocate, he was the one talking about fitting the I.S. with weapons. Iori somewhat disagree but in the end Iori did it anyway, not half-assedly either (Iori is the designer of I.S. frame after all), similar to how Tabane putting effort into I.S. core 001.

When shit hits the fan, Joshua (as Yoshi) was robbed out of his freedom by his foster parents, thinking his friends are ultra dangerous (ironic truth but still...). The plane accident happens after the destruction of secret lab instead of before (the reason his family running away to America is to avoid people seeking for revenge, alas, they fail).

His guilt was so strong that his deconstructed messiah/savior/black sheep/guinea pig tendencies actually stemmed from that feeling, buried within his memories. Add to the fact that he lost his parents AGAIN just when he finally finished his officer school, getting into air force and pilot his first jet fighter... THEN his mentor when said mentor testing the first Jet fighter equipped with I.S. tech.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:12   Link #20494
Eratas123

@'Senpai - All of the Orimura's kinda sound like dicks at this point Seriously, you tell them to build guns into a spacesuit? What an asshole
Old 2012-02-01, 23:15   Link #20495
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

They need money, what do you expect, it's not like Chifuyu and Iori is a saint either (Iori can refuse, he didn't), but Tabane simply takes the cake :|

What's more dangerous than children that grew too fast? When all of them are prodigy, and don't EXACTLY knew what they're doing due to the lack of proper parents.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:17   Link #20496
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So they planned to sell the IS? Wow, even more points
Old 2012-02-01, 23:19   Link #20497
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

This is exactly the same as TD project from SRW, to complete the super prototype spaceship, then need money... Military Industry Isurugi has money, and need a new weapon platform. The end result would be a space fighter the size of super robot and armed like a small warship, which can be used to explore the space. (Hyperlion)
Old 2012-02-01, 23:21   Link #20498
Eratas123

Is this supposed to be a case of gray and gray morality? None of them sound like good guys. No, it being an accident doesn't excuse you from doing it completely:/
Old 2012-02-01, 23:22   Link #20499
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually, all morality spectrum is covered. Younger protagonist is mostly white, gray in the case of older protagonist and few antagonist, the rest is pitch black.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:26   Link #20500
Eratas123

Huh, that's kinda odd. Mr Delinquent and his friend donMt exactly look like they belong in white.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest