AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 22:08   Link #41
marvelB

^Well, the world nobles sure were supportive of Dofla's slave trade business, that's for certain. I guess that would be good indication (if any) that he's a part of their lineage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
OP anime filler is actually pretty good...at least in my opinion D:
You say that now, but just you wait 'til the inevitable filler ep where Nami forces Luffy and Zoro to get their motorboat licenses ("What kind of Pirate King and his first mate doesn't know how to steer a motorboat!?").
Old 2013-02-05, 22:11   Link #42
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You say that now, but just you wait 'til the inevitable filler ep where Nami forces Luffy and Zoro to get their motorboat licenses ("What kind of Pirate King and his first mate doesn't know how to steer a motorboat!?").
Took a page right out of DBZ's driving episode, eh? Classic . At least that would be an entertaining filler.

-----

I'm going to throw out that Aokiji and Doflamingo aren't going to get into a serious drawn-out fight. Something will probably come up that forces the warlord to flee (an emergency he'll have to attend to/more pressing matters).
Old 2013-02-05, 23:51   Link #43
ronin myael
lost ronin

awesome awesome chapter!!! can't say that enough!

see? doffy is no pushover! having the conqueror's haki is a big deal. aokiji making an appearance in this arc sporting his one piece film z look is just priceless! i wish oda would tie in some facts from the film into the series. an aokiji and doffy clash would be classic. but i'd rather not see doffy defeated just yet. i want to see a more balanced fight if indeed they should battle.
Old 2013-02-06, 00:14   Link #44
upiro

Smoker might be no match for Doflamingo but I think he is one impressive guy!

Instead of answering the Shichibukai's question, he refused to betray Law and Luffy, even though they are pirates! In the process, he was badly tortured and now, his face is a wreck

We've always known he's one heck of a principled guy, but I say that's pretty cool.

While it's hard to calculate power levels, I've noticed one thing. All his opponents, even those who have beaten him, refuse to take him lightly and become very wary when he's around. While Doflamingo seems to be on a whole other level, even he seemed to know Smoker quite well.

It's interesting how Oda makes us respect a guy who, as others have mentioned, has not won a single major battle yet.
Old 2013-02-06, 02:49   Link #45
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Law told smoker that they were going to Green Bit while their actual destination is Dressrosa?

too bad Smoker didn't say anything that will lead Dofla to Green Bit, He gets beaten up protecting a lie

This also might ruin Law's plan to destroy the SMILE factory in Dressrosa (if by any chance Dofla decides to return there first before continue pursuing them)
Old 2013-02-06, 04:17   Link #46
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

What was up with Franky's ponytails?

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2013-02-06 at 10:56.
Old 2013-02-06, 06:50   Link #47
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Luffy and Zoro trying to operate a motor boat? HOW IS THAT NOT A FUN EPISODE!?
Old 2013-02-06, 10:33   Link #48
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Luffy and Zoro trying to operate a motor boat? HOW IS THAT NOT A FUN EPISODE!?
With Luffy making a mess of things and Zoro getting lost, it could be amusing I suppose.

About the chapter, it looks like Law was expecting Dofla to run into Smoker and therefor gave false information about his destination? (since they're going to Dressrosa and not Green Bitt - unless that's the next stop) He didn't tell him though, so they might run into Dofla at Dressrosa after all.

And dammit, when will we get to see Law's crew? Should be a fun chapter when the crews meet. And I miss Bepo.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:03   Link #49
james0246

^Since Dressrosa seems to be a major factory for Smiles (and DoFlamingo's base), it stands to reason that DoFlamingo would attend the factory (or at least beef up security) while looking for Law.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:09   Link #50
unameit

Smoker was being portrayed as luffy rival in the past and he actually fought ace on equal ground but now, suddenly, he's being portrayed as a loser.. Couldn't even beat vergo and totally owned by a shichibukai PATHETICALLY.. This is a guy who luffy claimed he could never beat in the past but now without having the chance to beat him, he's all over the place..

I feel a bit sorry for him, seems like he's going to have a scarred face.. If ao kiji really thinks of his friend then he should leave some scars too to doflamingo.. It's a foregone conclusion an admiral is stronger than a shichibukai, it's only a matter of willingness, also this could prove as a chance for ao koji after he failed against akainu..

On the other hand, Law is being portrayed as a genius, actually more than that.. He's a top doctor, got special power (pretty much 1 cut KO).. He's not afraid of doflamingo and why should he when he got such a power and haki.. could easily 1 cut ko doflamingo too unless coq is immune to that
Old 2013-02-06, 11:28   Link #51
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I think Coby is probably gonna end up surpassing Smoker pretty soon.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:29   Link #52
james0246

Quote:
fought ace on equal ground
That was more due to their elements being ineffective against each other (it's a little hard to burn Smoke, and Smoke can't quite put out Fire). But, beyond that, their brief skirmish wasn't indicative of either characters abilities or potential.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-02-06 at 11:39.
Old 2013-02-06, 12:38   Link #53
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

is it me or does too many people have Haoshoku Haki now?? it's supposed to be like 1 in a million...

pretty soon it will be overused like super saiyan form in dbz...
Old 2013-02-06, 13:11   Link #54
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 698
That was a good chapter. Poor Smoker he needs to go on a two year time skip with Akoiji to learn how to fight and build up his haki, and I am afraid Luffy and Zoro have truly passed him up over the two years. Smoker needs to get his men under control. This is the second or third time they disobeyed his command and attack someone far beyond their powers. I will give Smoker one thing, he is smart to not use Law's answer when responding to Dalfamingo. I wonder if Smoker knows which destination Law and Luffy are heading too? Is this arch considered finished? Pre time skip you knew when the arch was finished but the mission, but this Arch's mission is not been complete. Maybe it could be the Yonkou arch instead of the Island Arch. For a country like Wano to be isolated or shut off from the WG there sure are a lot of problems. First it was Kin'emon's son now it is his buddy. Is this little side story building up for Wano Arch? I hope the Straw hats get their new guy/gal from Wano. Dalfamingos fight may be getting delayed but we at least know it will happen before the end of the day(Hopefully). I hope Zoro will get a crack at Daflamingo.

Akoiji
Akoiji being at the Island does raise some questions. How does he know out of all the Islands were to look. Does he have a Black Den Den Mushi himself? If he does what kind of transmissions did he intercept during this Punk Hazard arch. I doubt there will be a battle between Daflamingo and Akoiji. Akoiji and Akainu battled for ten days and Daflamingo is on a tight schedule has it is (Killing Law and Luffy). Second Daflamingo is still part of the Shichibukai, I doubt Fleet Admiral Akainu would be pleased with Akoiji. But one can't help but wonder if Akoiji did intercept the talks between Law and Dalfamingo. Maybe get in a little fight with Daflamingo to buy Luffy and Law some time? I will say this CC is very important man because of his knowledge on Devil fruits. Maybe Akoiji is trying to bring him in or kill him? That would be a logical choice. Look what happens when just a little of Vega Punk's research gets out.

Did Law plan this two years ago? Are the Supernova gaining up on Kaidou?
Law is really smart by leading Daflamingo out of Dressrosa so he can attack the main factory. I wonder if the final fight with Kaidou will end up with Luffy, Law, Kidd, Hawkins, Apoo, and X Drake. Before the two year timeskip X Drake attacks Kaidou's territory, two years later all the supernova's are making alliances just when Luffy arrives. Luffy and Laws target happens to be Kaidou. It will not be a shocker if X Drake joined to give intel and attack Kaidou from the inside when the time arrives. Now the big questions. Is Law the master mind or is someone else using him? I wonder if X Drake will be part of the Luffy & Law alliance? Depending on the events and the pace of Laws plan we could see the battle with Kaidou soon.

Law's crew?
If Law is really the genius, we will not see Law's crew until the final battle with Kaidou, or he has them running another errand that is crucial to the plan. Law has a bunch of other pirates doing the fighting so why risk your own crew?

Vega Punk's Devil Fruit Research
Finally Vega Punk's Theory on the Devil fruit gives us more insight on the Devil Fruits inner workings. With more information we may know some of the big players ultimate plans. There are still a lot of question out there. Like one of each devil fruits can exist only at one time. So does that mean when a artificial one is being used the real one does not appear? Also how did Black Beard know what the Yami Yami no Mi would do? Because eating a fruit is like a gamble. The only way he knows what the fruit could do is if the fruit had a previous owner.
Old 2013-02-06, 13:16   Link #55
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
is it me or does too many people have Haoshoku Haki now?? it's supposed to be like 1 in a million...

pretty soon it will be overused like super saiyan form in dbz...
Should not be surprising. It's in the New World where the top pirates reside, so there will be characters that use and exploit Haoshoku Haki at this stage of the story.
Old 2013-02-06, 13:39   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Also how did Black Beard know what the Yami Yami no Mi would do? Because eating a fruit is like a gamble. The only way he knows what the fruit could do is if the fruit had a previous owner.
Blackbeard researched the darkness fruit through a DF encyclopedia/book. That's how he immediately recognized it when Satch took it for himself.
Old 2013-02-06, 13:40   Link #57
Rainbowman

Dressrosa, huh? Looks like Doflamingo's empire is about to fall.
Old 2013-02-06, 14:04   Link #58
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Blackbeard researched the darkness fruit through a DF encyclopedia/book. That's how he immediately recognized it when Satch took it for himself.
Who was the previous owner then?
You still need information and observation to create a book like that. Unless Vega Punk or someone else came up with a way to identify the fruits and their abilities with out having to eat it. Someone had to be a previous owner. I wonder how many of the powerful players we know today, knew which fruit did what. What if Akainu had a normal fruit with him when he killed the guy who had the Magu Magu No Mi. What if Kizaru's fruit is a artificial one and Akoiji is the only one who got his buy luck. It would be interesting to see how some of them got there fruit. For me I think it is a little too convenient that three powerful individuals, with three powerful logia devil fruits (That are considered very rare), and become rank of admiral. There had to be huge push with WG resources, I don't buy coincidence or fate doing this.
Old 2013-02-06, 15:12   Link #59
marvelB

^Thing is, the DF encyclopedia was something we've known about since the very first chapter. Lucky Roux (the fat guy from Shanks' crew) even showed Luffy a picture of the rubber fruit from that book shortly after the fruit in question was eaten. And that's not to mention that Sanji even said he read the encyclopedia himself at one point (it was during the Thriller Bark arc, when he told Absalom that he knew about the invisibility fruit through that book). So yeah, it's clearly been indicated that the devil fruits were already being thoroughly researched by the time the series began. Perhaps Vegapunk helped speed up the process sure, but those fruits were most definitely already being studied for quite some time.....
Old 2013-02-06, 15:25   Link #60
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I have a feeling Kuzan won't harm doflamingo at all. I think he will threaten him etc but let him go....I hope I am wrong though I'd like to see a battle between the two of them.

Smoker got owned guess he is super weak against haki users, poor smo-yan.

Loved how laid back luffy was as Law explained the alliance and plan.

roll on 2 weeks from now.