AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 10:46   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This chapter is kinda lame. It pains me to see the once powerful Tobito ran out of tricks to beat Kakashi. I mean really? That's it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
I think you are wrong. This is what is I believe is going to happen. Madara is going to be revived. He is going to want to fight Harashima, but Harashima won't fight him. instead, he will leave Madara to Naruto and Sasuke who will defeat him together.
Umm...may I ask you who is this "Harashima" guy? Must be someone important that you wrote his name twice without fail.
Old 2013-06-26, 10:52   Link #22
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Is expecting Obito to rip off Kakashi's mask too much?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:38   Link #23
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Is expecting Obito to rip off Kakashi's mask too much?
Lool he was jealous of kakashi mask alll along. I don't think we will ever see what Kakashi face looks like and tbh I don't want to. I prefer the face covered version.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:54   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
This chapter is kinda lame. It pains me to see the once powerful Tobito ran out of tricks to beat Kakashi. I mean really? That's it?
To be fair...he was a bit of a one-trick-pony...so take away that trick and he's left with the other generic ninja stuff.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:25   Link #25
Ushio the Omega

Obito who caused the Kyuubi attack.

Obito who has space time ninjutsu superior to the second and forth hokage.

Obito who started the 4th shinobi war.

Obito who the 4 kage couldn't touch at the meeting of the 4 kage

Obito beaten by fucking lame Kakashi who has struggled in every fight he's been in, who died against Nagato and pissed himself against Orochimaru. WHAT THE FUCK!

So the final enemy is Madara a has been who when alive was second rate :|

So disappointed.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:42   Link #26
itachi-san314

^my sentiments exactly pretty much. i really thought there was no way kakashi could have won that fight. i didn't even think it was going to be a fight. it makes no sense in many ways, particularly how obito could lose by being stabbed... what happened to the zetsu stuff? and kakashi just isn't at a power level where he could feasibly defeat the leader of akatsuki. it's all nonsense.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:01   Link #27
kitten320

Once Madara came into picture and Tobi was revealed to be Obito... it's like if we had personality swap.

Obito is almost nothing like Tobi even though it is exactly the same person.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:09   Link #28
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Once Madara came into picture and Tobi was revealed to be Obito... it's like if we had personality swap.

Obito is almost nothing like Tobi even though it is exactly the same person.
Technically the Tobi personality (the one not pretending to be Madara) was a Zetsu. Obito just adopted it (or let it be in control while he slept) to fool others. The Madara personality was likely some combination of another Zetsu (they inherited Madara's will) and Obito pretending. So really, they very much are two different characters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:35   Link #29
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

well its happen again for some random reason the villain gets dumbed down for some random reason.
there is no way kakashi should have won that.
tobi was going easy on him?
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:39   Link #30
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's like if Obito forgot of all the techniques Madara told him in the flashback. At least the final battle is finally moving on.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:47   Link #31
justavisitor

I guess I am in the minority group who actually enjoys this chapter..guess it's because I am a fan of kakashi...and let's face it, it's really rare to have a side kick (even tho I am a fan of kakashi...) to win the fight against a somewhat important antagonist in the 636th chapter !! Normally a side character in such a late chapter will be disappeared and forgotten. Well done Kakashi!!

And I guess the explanation of why obito loses the fight is because he is in the special dimension already so he can't use the space time technique anymore (Unless he wants a part of his body to be exposed in the real dimension XD) and without that technique, he is just basically on par with kakashi. That's not to discredit obito, as Kakashi is always a strong mortal ninja at every level. It's just too bad that lately everyone in naruto universe has become immortal XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 14:10   Link #32
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
well its happen again for some random reason the villain gets dumbed down for some random reason.
It is called the "Kakuzu syndrome".

Quote:
And I guess the explanation of why obito loses the fight is because he is in the special dimension already so he can't use the space time technique anymore (Unless he wants a part of his body to be exposed in the real dimension XD) and without that technique, he is just basically on par with kakashi. That's not to discredit obito, as Kakashi is always a strong mortal ninja at every level. It's just too bad that lately everyone in naruto universe has become immortal XD
Obito's space time jutsu is argubably one of his weakest assets as most of the time he uses it for defense. To understand why people are upset, you have to consider all of Obito's attributes:

- He is mostly made up of Zetsu goo that can make him shrug off most standard attacks. He shrugged off a Rasengan from the 4th. Heck, even a few paragraphs ago he shrugged off a Rakiri that went through his "heart". Then he took a regular hit and is KO. Hilarious.
- He still has full access to the Rinnengan. Obito could have easily ripped away Kakashi's soul and he couldn't do squat against it.
- We know Obito has powerful fire jutsus but he used the weakest one available to mimick a flashback to when he is a kid.
- Last but not least, Obito still has access to IZANAGI which in this particular fight is an instant win VS Kakashi. There is absolutely nothing Kakashi can do without Obito turning it into an illusion and one shotting him. Some could argue logically that he would sacrifice his MS to do this, but seeing that Kakashi has his other eye, he would still have access to it.

No doubt Kakashi is a strong ninja but he isn't in Obito's league.
Old 2013-06-26, 14:40   Link #33
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Obito's space time jutsu is argubably one of his weakest assets as most of the time he uses it for defense.
i wouldn't call it his weakest asset. 5 min of invulnerability is pretty powerful. it did take 10min of explosions for him to waste a sharingan. besides that his other real sharingan (kakashi) was needed to land a decent hit

Quote:
- He is mostly made up of Zetsu goo that can make him shrug off most standard attacks. He shrugged off a Rasengan from the 4th. Heck, even a few paragraphs ago he shrugged off a Rakiri that went through his "heart". Then he took a regular hit and is KO. Hilarious.
zetsu goo doesn't seem to be that great other than providing access to senju dna. i mean 100,000 zetsu were sent out at the beginning of the war. they were all fodder. also, it didn't look like he shrugged of minato's rasengan. it was a decent attack that actually caused tobi to retreat. and that regular hit was lightning infused to most likely a real part of obitos body since it was bleeding...

Quote:
- He still has full access to the Rinnengan. Obito could have easily ripped away Kakashi's soul and he couldn't do squat against it.
perhaps. but for now the only evidence of what obito can really do with the rinnegan is summon the gedo.

Quote:
- Last but not least, Obito still has access to IZANAGI which in this particular fight is an instant win VS Kakashi. There is absolutely nothing Kakashi can do without Obito turning it into an illusion and one shotting him. Some could argue logically that he would sacrifice his MS to do this, but seeing that Kakashi has his other eye, he would still have access to it.
i feel like this could work. then i also feel like obito would then be trapped in that dimension

Quote:
No doubt Kakashi is a strong ninja but he isn't in Obito's league.
yeah kakashi is definitely strong, and with obitos other eye he is close to the top of the list of ppl to take him out
Old 2013-06-26, 14:41   Link #34
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Technically the Tobi personality (the one not pretending to be Madara) was a Zetsu. Obito just adopted it (or let it be in control while he slept) to fool others. The Madara personality was likely some combination of another Zetsu (they inherited Madara's will) and Obito pretending. So really, they very much are two different characters.
what gets me is that none of that personality stuff was explained. i was expecting an explanation for that funny personality being spiral zetsu, but wtf? nothing? it kind of makes me think that this isnt the end of obito. even if it isn't his end, it still makes no sense that kakashi won a fight between them
Old 2013-06-26, 15:49   Link #35
Midnight Commander

If I understand Obito's technique correctly, I don't think he can use it while inside his dimension. So, while in that dimension, its just Obito vs. Kakashi with both of them possessing sharingan vision in a Kunai fight... Considering how intelligent and experienced Kakashi is, I don't see Kakashi winning in this situation as so unbelievable. It may be that some members simply didn't want Kakashi to be the one to finally defeat Obito, but instead someone else, perhaps their favorite character, to receive yet more fan-service : /

Besides Obito's kamui, he really hasn't shown us much proficiency with many techniques, and to be honest, with an ability like kamui (and using it as much as he has), he probably didn't (need to) train in much of anything else. Furthermore, what really sets Kakashi apart from the top-tier ninja is his relatively limited amount of chakra and perhaps a couple of extremely powerful techniques. With that in mind, this fight of theirs wasn't expensive in terms of chakra and Obito's signature technique was also neutralized, so I don't see why everyone is that upset over Kakashi (while using Obito's eye I might add)defeatining Obito while not in possession of his kamui technique.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:10   Link #36
itachi-san314

^so why couldn't he use his zetsu body for defense? or rinnegan? or izanagi? he used izanagi vs konan and now he doesn't use it at the critical fight of his entire plan? makes no sense to me. also, why cant he use kamui? he kamui'd into the dimension and at the end of the chapter he kamui'd out of it. he's not being held there or anything
Old 2013-06-26, 16:14   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

Madara looked like Orochi in the panel he says he's going to use the Rinne Tensei.
Old 2013-06-26, 16:18   Link #38
quagmire

I wonder if Kakashi will figure out how to fully use Kamui like Obito did to get out of the dimension or will Obito bring him out as his dying act before Madara betrays him?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:21   Link #39
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^so why couldn't he use his zetsu body for defense? or rinnegan? or izanagi? he used izanagi vs konan and now he doesn't use it at the critical fight of his entire plan? makes no sense to me. also, why cant he use kamui? he kamui'd into the dimension and at the end of the chapter he kamui'd out of it. he's not being held there or anything
The izanagi thing does seem a bit contrived, but I honestly wont lose any sleep over it. Perhaps Obito thought he could beat him without it since it wasn't a very high level battle, all things considered. He also doesn't seem to have much control over many techniques of the rinnegan; hence why (imo) Naruto actually survived taking on Obtio controlling 7 jinchurki's all equipped with the rinnegan and sharigan, as well as their own unique techniques; for whatever reason he didn't use Izanagi there either. Anyway, they stabbed eachother, so while charging in, Obito likely thought he'd get the better of Kakashi and didn't teleport away.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:44   Link #40
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I wonder if Kakashi will figure out how to fully use Kamui like Obito did to get out of the dimension or will Obito bring him out as his dying act before Madara betrays him?
He's already gotten out by himself before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
You're forgetting if he took Kakashi's eye he had to have it surgically implanted, and where he is won't allow it. If he did use Izanagi, he would have been trapped, even with the eye he gave Kakashi, he has no way to implant it in himself.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion