AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 01:51   Link #181
D-Technolife
-=Gwapohon=-

Whos is Tessai anyway!?!?! Where is he from!??!?!?! Was he a strong powerful force in SS before?!?!
Old 2006-01-01, 02:06   Link #182
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Technolife
Whos is Tessai anyway!?!?! Where is he from!??!?!?! Was he a strong powerful force in SS before?!?!
Tessai is that guy who works for Urahara. He's the big, built guy with glasses who surpressed Ichigo when he was in the shattering shaft. As for where he's from or if he was a strong force in Soul Society previously...no light has been shed on that at all. All we know is that he works for Urahara, and seems to be quite proficient in Kidou.
Old 2006-01-01, 02:29   Link #183
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
If spells lvl 99 are that hard to do, does it make of Tessai (Urahara's friend) a badass ?

In ep 19, he does a binding spell lvl 99 on Ichigo.
I don't think he did the incantation either, he cast the spell when Ichigo was falling in the hole (before he recovered his powers)

yeah i completly forgot about that part he did do a lvl 9o-something binding spell on him to subdue him...........hey, wait a min....was that spell to kill ichigo cus he was turnin into a hollow?

and i was also wondering where he came from and what kinda connection he had to SS...also Jinta and the little girl
Old 2006-01-01, 10:33   Link #184
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
If spells lvl 99 are that hard to do, does it make of Tessai (Urahara's friend) a badass ?

In ep 19, he does a binding spell lvl 99 on Ichigo.
I don't think he did the incantation either, he cast the spell when Ichigo was falling in the hole (before he recovered his powers)
Someone brought this up on another thread in this forum. The response was that defensive spells are much easier to pull off than offensive spells, so it really wasn't that impressive. Then again, I'm not sure where they got their information from, so take it how you will.

edit Here's the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical
There are two types of kidou: one which is essentially defensive, bakudou, and the other which is offensive, hadou.

In the manga these are clearly marked in the names of the spells.

Tessai used a defensive spell which, as far as we know does not carry the degree of difficultly that the offensive spell type does. When Gin comments on the difficulty of above 90 spells, he only mentions the offensive spells.
Old 2006-01-01, 10:41   Link #185
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Spoiler:

whats a bishi?.....im sorry if this is off topic but its buggin me not knowing.....
Old 2006-01-01, 10:55   Link #186
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
and i was also wondering where he came from and what kinda connection he had to SS...also Jinta and the little girl
Logically we could assume he was a badass of somekind. We know what Urahara used to do, and we know what Yoruichi used to do, so we know what kind of friends Urahara has Maybe he was his Lt.?
Old 2006-01-01, 11:23   Link #187
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516
Logically we could assume he was a badass of somekind. We know what Urahara used to do, and we know what Yoruichi used to do, so we know what kind of friends Urahara has Maybe he was his Lt.?
......i suppose so.......but if hes that strong and he was the LT.........nevermind......this is gettin off topic....
Old 2006-01-01, 11:58   Link #188
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
Spoiler:

whats a bishi?.....im sorry if this is off topic but its buggin me not knowing.....
A bishi means "bishounen".

In japanese, it's a cute/handsome guy
Old 2006-01-01, 12:01   Link #189
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl

......thanks alot......
Old 2006-01-02, 02:31   Link #190
Glitch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl

alsmo, it's mostly associated with men characters who are overly fangirly good looking that its unrealistic.
Old 2006-01-02, 05:44   Link #191
real folk blues..

bishonen= androgyny
i don't get it..why didn't aizen just handled rukia and ran away instead of scheming the whole thing?
smart ass answers are not appreciated..thank you.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:57   Link #192
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
bishonen= androgyny
i don't get it..why didn't aizen just handled rukia and ran away instead of scheming the whole thing?
............maybe he plotted all this before he found the alt method to remove hougyoku from rukia.....

......wait a min.....thats exactly what he said and happened......
Old 2006-01-03, 11:45   Link #193
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
or maybe he was concerned the alternate method wouldn't work, and thus reserved it incase his main plan failed
Old 2006-01-03, 15:07   Link #194
Jhereg42
Ich Bin Der Teufel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516
Maybe they are all "creations", kind of like what Frankenstein did with his Vice Captain. Urahara was the head of the research division, after all.
Old 2006-01-03, 16:21   Link #195
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

Quote:
bishonen= androgyny
It's the way the minds of evil genuises work. Simplicity is fine for peasants, but for real villians, the act of choosing a simpler solution over a more complicated one would actually cause their minds and bodies to melt, leaving our dark lord resembling a snowman in March. A twisted, bitter snowman. Of darkness.

For example, if you were to present Aizen with a gun, 3000 toothpicks, a bowl of catsup and the protagonist; Aizen would use the toothpicks to etch out a small series of interconnected tunnel chambers, before using the catsup to lure ants into the chambers, using the friction from rubbing toothpicks together to ignite the catsup covered ants, causing them to run through the tunnel in a specific pattern as dictated by Native American weather rituals to summon a divine ray of light to blind the protaganist while a seperate division of fiery catsup ants run into the protaganists nostrils and devour him from within. The gun would then be used to blow a hole in the toothpick supports, thus causing the tunnel to collapse- dooming the protagonist to a suffocating, anty fate.

I call it the Nuclear Shark-tank law.
Old 2006-01-03, 16:27   Link #196
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desti-Fate
It's the way the minds of evil genuises work. Simplicity is fine for peasants, but for real villians, the act of choosing a simpler solution over a more complicated one would actually cause their minds and bodies to melt, leaving our dark lord resembling a snowman in March. A twisted, bitter snowman. Of darkness.

For example, if you were to present Aizen with a gun, 3000 toothpicks, a bowl of catsup and the protagonist; Aizen would use the toothpicks to etch out a small series of interconnected tunnel chambers, before using the catsup to lure ants into the chambers, using the friction from rubbing toothpicks together to ignite the catsup covered ants, causing them to run through the tunnel in a specific pattern as dictated by Native American weather rituals to summon a divine ray of light to blind the protaganist while a seperate division of fiery catsup ants run into the protaganists nostrils and devour him from within. The gun would then be used to blow a hole in the toothpick supports, thus causing the tunnel to collapse- dooming the protagonist to a suffocating, anty fate.

I call it the Nuclear Shark-tank law.
How do you come up with that crap. o_O

Besides, our villans are not *that* complex..
Old 2006-01-03, 16:37   Link #197
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
bishonen= androgyny
Maybe Aizen isnt as smart as we might think, sure he got the glasses but what else is there?
I for one would done things differently if I was Aizen, so would you, but hey, no worries, just comfort yourself with the thought that we are smarter then that dead animated guy.
Old 2006-01-03, 17:43   Link #198
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
bishonen= androgyny
If you mean why did he have to go through the entire thing of getting Rukia to go to the mortal world, murdering the Center 46, etc. etc. Well...

I suppose that Rukia being executed was the only way to extract the Hyougyouku (or so he knew at the time). Aizen could not just get Rukia issued for execution. It would take some planning at least, and murdering the entire Center 46 was definitely a necesity. How else could he give the orders for her execution? And if that didn't work, he said that he had to look through Urahara's research to find out how to extract the Hyougyouku from Rukia. SO, yes, I'm assuming it took quite a bit of planning. He couldn't just walk up to her, stick his hand through her, and take the device without attracting attention.
Old 2006-01-04, 06:02   Link #199
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Smart equals technical skills?

Urahara is a technical genius capable of creating an amazing magical invention.

Obviously Aizen doesn't have the same technical skills, but does that mean he isn't also quite intelligent? They simply have different skills. It doesn't prove Aizen isn't smart.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-04, 08:36   Link #200
Grees
Ehhh

I dont know, you cant really say just because Aizen couldnt make what Urahara makes, that means Aizen is stupid. You might wonder how long it took Urahara to come up with his result, or maybe he just stumble up on the solution. In any case research is Urahara's field, Aizen might just be a newbie in that field.
Closed Thread