Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-26, 23:01   Link #201
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
...come on. We know Ace said those things cause it's a FACT Luffy without any help wouldd get OWNED in a second. No questions asked. 5 Schibukais, 3 Admirals, and others who might give Luffy a hard time. Without Ivankov, Luffy would be out cold right now.

Did you not see Oars Jr. get owned? Yeah it's a bit different since he's like a super giant but still just get the admirals or some Schibukais on Luffy and he's over.
Like I already said Oarz Jr was to show how much diffrent the power level changed durring war. Let's say that half the fight against Oarz (because of Moria's shadow and him being zombie) will be similar to Oarz Jr, or even he is as strong as the zombie one - without super powers and just forcing his way he ended up "dead" pretty quickly. He used Luffy's strategy.
Now we have Luffy that wants to charge in and he have problems with no name (to us) marines. If he didn't bring strong company and didn't befriend Whitebeard he'd be dead - but he'll be fine thanks to fact that he isn't a giant target that walks in
Old 2009-09-26, 23:02   Link #202
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Quoted for truth. This is all that needs to be said. Luffy is very fortunate to have the aid of Ivankov, Jimbei, and Marco right now. Without them, he would be a goner. He's even lucky to be participating in this war.

Same could be said about his fights with Magellan in Impel Down.

Without his allies, Luffy wouldn't be where he is........ doesn't this seem like the theme of the whole series?
Old 2009-09-26, 23:03   Link #203
longnose-kun

I wonder what Dragon is up to right now. I think he might be infiltrating where the Giroski are and either be holding them hostage and receiving valuable information about the Rio Ponyghly and the void century. Also that would be the reason why Kuma sent robin to the bridge to be rescued by the rebel army. Any other possible ideas of what he could be doing?
Old 2009-09-26, 23:06   Link #204
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Same could be said about his fights with Magellan in Impel Down.

Without his allies, Luffy wouldn't be where he is........ doesn't this seem like the theme of the whole series?
Luffy wouldn't be able to do a lot of things without the help of his friends, luck, and favorable circumstances on his side.
Old 2009-09-26, 23:07   Link #205
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Right now it's not about Luffy's strength, it's more about him saving Ace. Luffy is out of his league and he knows this, he is relying on his new friends to aid him. With out them he would be dead.
Old 2009-09-26, 23:24   Link #206
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Right now it's not about Luffy's strength, it's more about him saving Ace. Luffy is out of his league and he knows this, he is relying on his new friends to aid him. With out them he would be dead.

That is basically the base of my opinion how things will turn out.

Spoiler for MY OPINION:
Old 2009-09-27, 00:19   Link #207
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy wouldn't be able to do a lot of things without the help of his friends, luck, and favorable circumstances on his side.

Yep, 'tis true. But interestingly enough, this doesn't apply to Luffy alone.... just look at Blackbeard's crew, who would have all died from Magellan's poison if not for Shiryuu's help. We also already know that Gold Roger couldn't conquer the Grand Line on his own without help from his crew, as well (the fact that Crocus joined him in order to treat his incurable disease is proof enough of this). It actually makes sense to see that the even the series' mightiest pirates couldn't accomplish everything on their own......
Old 2009-09-27, 00:21   Link #208
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yep, 'tis true. But interestingly enough, this doesn't apply to Luffy alone.... just look at Blackbeard's crew, who would have all died from Magellan's poison if not for Shiryuu's help. We also already know that Gold Roger couldn't conquer the Grand Line on his own without help from his crew, as well (the fact that Crocus joined him in order to treat his incurable disease is proof enough of this). It actually makes sense to see that the even the series' mightiest pirates can't accomplish everything on their own......

Even looking back at CP9.

If it wasn't for the other members, Lucci probably wouldn't be alive right now. Even they needed each other, and will need each other to get Spandam~
Old 2009-09-27, 00:42   Link #209
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Yep, 'tis true. But interestingly enough, this doesn't apply to Luffy alone.... just look at Blackbeard's crew, who would have all died from Magellan's poison if not for Shiryuu's help. We also already know that Gold Roger couldn't conquer the Grand Line on his own without help from his crew, as well (the fact that Crocus joined him in order to treat his incurable disease is proof enough of this). It actually makes sense to see that the even the series' mightiest pirates couldn't accomplish everything on their own......
Well regarding Shiryuu, it's obvious him and Blackbeard had come to some agreement before hand. So obviously he would help out.
Old 2009-09-27, 00:47   Link #210
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well regarding Shiryuu, it's obvious him and Blackbeard had come to some agreement before hand. So obviously he would help out.
I think it shouldn't be forgotten that Blackbeard might just be playing to Magellan's tunes at the time to make himself forgotten there, so that he can do what he wanted without any kind of interruption, or not potentially risking of losing what he wanted.

There are some like him, who wouldn't mind playing with others to get what he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I think friends may not be the correct term to use here. Everyone has their own missions or fate to consider. Luffy's luck is that his goal coincides with others' whatever. Or to be more specific, the others do not have much choice other than doing things that would end up helping him (Buggy and many others there have their own backsides to consider, which comes before than anything else). The people he brought with him, except for one (Jinbei) they do not have anything to do with Ace. Iva is there for Luffy, to make sure he is safe, and that is only because he is the son of the person he has dedicated his life to. Crocodile wanted revenge on Whitebeard. And, they will end up fighting against marines that would in turn reduce the number of eyes that would focus on Luffy, indirectly helping him. Luffy is doing what he has always been doing, going full speed ahead, and let the fate decide his survival or death.
Old 2009-09-27, 00:54   Link #211
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think it shouldn't be forgotten that Blackbeard might just be playing to Magellan's tunes at the time to make himself forgotten there, so that he can do what he wanted without any kind of interruption, or not potentially risking of losing what he wanted.

There are some like him, who wouldn't mind playing with others to get what he wants.

Actually, I think Blackbeard isn't that bright when it comes to incoming attacks. Seeing as he was hit by Ace's Flame Fist, Luffy's Jet Pistol, and Magellan's poison. I think he just doesn't see the attacks coming, but he's extremely dangerous afterwards.

Also, I see Blackbeard as the sorta villian that Luffy'll face at the end. I mean, he WAS the one who put the scars on Shank's face. You have to be extremely powerful to be able to do that.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:02   Link #212
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

A person with his experience should see a lot more than what he shows, especially considering that he has a great sense of Haki (might be coming with the middle name D). And if he were to be slow, that was before he even got the devil fruit ability and the experience he obtained through the years, he wouldn't have survived against Shanks, let alone leaving him with a scar that would last for a lifetime.

Even against Ace, considering the results, and keeping in mind Shanks's reminder, his actions were leaning towards keeping secrets, holding back, and playing.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:19   Link #213
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
A person with his experience should see a lot more than what he shows, especially considering that he has a great sense of Haki (might be coming with the middle name D). And if he were to be slow, that was before he even got the devil fruit ability and the experience he obtained through the years, he wouldn't have survived against Shanks, let alone leaving him with a scar that would last for a lifetime.

Even against Ace, considering the results, and keeping in mind Shanks's reminder, his actions were leaning towards keeping secrets, holding back, and playing.

My point was that it's always the first attack against him that he never see's coming. I'm not saying that he's slow through everything. After seeing him battle Ace, how he gained his way into the Shishibukai, how long he waited in the Whitebeard pirates for the Yami Yami fruit, he's probably one of the most cunning and deadly minds in the series, hidden under his carefree appearance. As I've said, I do believe he's gonna be the one Luffy faces at the end of thr Grand Line, but by the Blackbeard's crew will probably get 1 or 2 more members.

What I meant was the fact that he didn't even see Magellan's Hydra coming, and it took him afew seconds to realize the poison burning him. Or how he didn't see Luffy's Jet Pistol coming.
Old 2009-09-27, 01:19   Link #214
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Blackbeard that sly dog. He started this whole crap.
Old 2009-09-27, 03:15   Link #215
seiji_kun

Don't really like to comment on bans but in Phenomenal's case I just have to cause he's quite the famous troll. I'm surprised it took so long for Phenomenal. He even got IP.banned at AP for trolling! AP for gods sake where you can almost say, insult everyone you want as long as you stay at least a bit on topic or aren't the most obvious troll. Master Mold surprises me a little though not that much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatori View Post
A little late, but I found this hilarious so it's my favourite part of the chapter

Spoiler:
That makes us 2 .

Quote:
Actually, I think Blackbeard isn't that bright when it comes to incoming attacks. Seeing as he was hit by Ace's Flame Fist, Luffy's Jet Pistol, and Magellan's poison. I think he just doesn't see the attacks coming, but he's extremely dangerous afterwards.
That's something I never understood myself fully. Why does he just take every single attack, is he really that slow or is it just his attitude of, whatever you dish out I can take? I'm still wondering why BB waited for Magellan to appear and to just take the potion.

Well tbh, I more wonder how Shiryuu could give the poison to the BB crew when Hannyabal should've been near them.
Old 2009-09-27, 04:24   Link #216
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
That is basically the base of my opinion how things will turn out.

Spoiler for MY OPINION:
As much as I'd love for Ace to join the Strawhats (seriously, that'd be awesome on a whole new scale), I don't think that's going to happen. Ace said it himself after all, he has his own Nakama, and his own adventure. He'll probably become a rival with Luffy for the title of Pirate King.
Old 2009-09-27, 05:59   Link #217
andy

I just notice that MM and Phenomenal have been ban , can't say i am shock they were pretty big trolls in the OP section. Any way back to OP

I would like to see dragon enter the war but there already has so much big players in it already plus BB still on the move.
If you notice luffy has been fighting the marines and the warlords who have something to do with the marines last few arc . I hope when get into the NW we get some more luffy vs pirates and not luffy vs the marines.
Old 2009-09-27, 09:47   Link #218
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I just notice that MM and Phenomenal have been ban , can't say i am shock they were pretty big trolls in the OP section. Any way back to OP

I would like to see dragon enter the war but there already has so much big players in it already plus BB still on the move.
If you notice luffy has been fighting the marines and the warlords who have something to do with the marines last few arc . I hope when get into the NW we get some more luffy vs pirates and not luffy vs the marines.
Yeah I agree, I really want to see Dragon but I think we should save some good stuff for New World too, I have no doubts that Dragon is using this situation for his benefit and probly taking down some countrys.

I am not sure can Dragon afford to let Whitebeard die so he might send some forces to back WB up...
Old 2009-09-27, 11:35   Link #219
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
That's something I never understood myself fully. Why does he just take every single attack, is he really that slow or is it just his attitude of, whatever you dish out I can take? I'm still wondering why BB waited for Magellan to appear and to just take the potion.

My guess is that Blackbeard just has a lot of physical endurance, so he takes every attack that comes at him. Sort of like how the CP9 guys often defended themselves with Tekkai, despite the fact that they're fast enough to evade every attack thrown at them. Personally, I think Teach is more badass because he doesn't rely on some fancy martial arts technique to endure huge blows.
Old 2009-09-27, 13:03   Link #220
Prestige

Quote:
My guess is that Blackbeard just has a lot of physical endurance, so he takes every attack that comes at him. Sort of like how the CP9 guys often defended themselves with Tekkai, despite the fact that they're fast enough to evade every attack thrown at them. Personally, I think Teach is more badass because he doesn't rely on some fancy martial arts technique to endure huge blows.
Blackbeard actually takes more damage from attacks than others, that is what makes him so impressive, Yomi yomi no mi grants wielder fantastic powers but it has pretty drastic drawback too.

If normal human would get yomi yomi no mi he would get himself killed probly in his first battle.

Having this fruit and enduring it truely speaks how great Blackbeards endurance really is. If enemy attacks with devil fruit he just have to take it and bear the pain before he can retaliate, it may hurt as hell and be very dangerous but it allows Blackbeard to have chance to counter every devil fruit user in world.
Closed Thread