AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 21:40   Link #1861
Soverence

Shioon doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would turn to the dark side cause of this, probably will cause him to go into some intense training to get some serious revenge on the S.U.C., but I mean he was going to fight them anyway so this was just more motivation.

On a somewhat cruel side note though, but am I the only one who can't really feel sad about his mom? She like never appears in the manga and when she does it is mainly just to ignore Shioon, like I can't even understand how he is so sad (Of course its because it is his mom but).
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:47   Link #1862
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Shioon doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would turn to the dark side cause of this, probably will cause him to go into some intense training to get some serious revenge on the S.U.C., but I mean he was going to fight them anyway so this was just more motivation.

On a somewhat cruel side note though, but am I the only one who can't really feel sad about his mom? She like never appears in the manga and when she does it is mainly just to ignore Shioon, like I can't even understand how he is so sad (Of course its because it is his mom but).
He has his tendencies, like that time in Part I where he was going to kill Chang Ho. Luckily, someone stronger snapped him out of it.

They were also noted in this chapter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:11   Link #1863
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post

We don't know exactly how she treats/treated him. As far as it goes her exposure was minimal in the story.
And she is his only family, that counts for something. He loses her and he is alone. Not even a GF to go to (yeah yeah all the girls but he doesn't treat them as GF just a eyecatchy sidekicks' to rescue).

And who knows he can go dark side. Maybe not like 9ad with impaling people into a walls by some metal pipes. But he may break some legs/arms and do other nasty stuff to suc guys. Before he mostly just fought to win, but now he may fight to maim someone. Who says he doesn't destroy those suc guys ki centers so that they won't fuc around in murim any longer. Or break all of their legs/arms just for the heck of it.
And really that soul crushing punch of his should mostly kill/maim/coma most of his victims, for god sake he can launch doors with it like they are from paper. And that was when he was still weak. After training he should launch cars like Jinni grandpa without breaking a sweat.
Old 2012-03-18, 23:31   Link #1864
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
What's most fascinating is the fight that shion will have with 9ad at the end. After all he is the leader of suc, like it or not they will go at their throats one way or another.

no he's not...

his last words were, if they deliver seoul, then i might accept them.
For now they wish to be under his command, however he isnt pulling any strings, nor does he care about SUC.

And if he found out that they hurt shioon's mom, as a last favor, i think he would kill all of them himself.

Remember the boss who is pulling the strings said DO NOT TOUCH SHIOON, which the generals disregarded, because obviously if 9AD found out they killed shioon, he would slaughter all of them.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:44   Link #1865
Johnny
Working the bags...

Although you'd think 9AD wouldn't be as naive as to believe they i.e his enemies would leave Shioon alone even after what he did at the end of part one. Maybe he was counting on the Sun-woo clan to protect him since he knew about the phoenix medallion So-Sul gave him, and with her not being around they wouldn't have a choice but to take him in...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 02:26   Link #1866
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Although you'd think 9AD wouldn't be as naive as to believe they i.e his enemies would leave Shioon alone even after what he did at the end of part one. Maybe he was counting on the Sun-woo clan to protect him since he knew about the phoenix medallion So-Sul gave him, and with her not being around they wouldn't have a choice but to take him in...
id think no to that also because no one told shioon what the medallion really meant.

also 9AD wanted shioon to leave mirum.
Not get involved in it.

I think that last order was so people who would seek revenge or try to find the 9AD though him would think twice.

I even assume 9AD knew shioon wouldn't die when he busted his ki center, because he knew not to underestimate the illwaden.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 03:41   Link #1867
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
id think no to that also because no one told shioon what the medallion really meant.

also 9AD wanted shioon to leave mirum.
Not get involved in it.

I think that last order was so people who would seek revenge or try to find the 9AD though him would think twice.

I even assume 9AD knew shioon wouldn't die when he busted his ki center, because he knew not to underestimate the illwaden.
I was referring to 9AD concerning the medal, since it was obvious Shioon hadn't a clue...

Of course 9AD wanted him to leave Mirum, but like I said he couldn't have been that naive to think someone wouldn't come after Shioon anyways. He of all people should know that some don't give a rat's ass about the Murim rules since he was one of them...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 06:29   Link #1868
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Finally continued to Breaker v2. Glad this chapter is focusing on the Shin and the new heroine, Jinnie.

I like how the author draws her during her acrobatic battles, very nice! Also, I am not hang up on the idea of her being killed off to develop Shin rapidly. He is starting to take notice and developing at his own rate.

We might get a battle between the master and the apprentice someday.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:02   Link #1869
Excorsism

Mom gets involved but not the childhood friend? Damn it!
Old 2012-03-22, 18:57   Link #1870
whsie

well, it's out extra early today.

Looks interesting.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:05   Link #1871
Odd

Interesting indeed. (If the images are anything to go by.)

Spoiler for 64:
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:17   Link #1872
Lummie

My impression was

Spoiler:

"With great power, comes great responsibility" future speech anyone...?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:29   Link #1873
Tenchi Hou Take

I wouldn't mind if angry Shioon hung around for a while as long as he doesn't turn to a total dick. Something about current shioon just seems a bit weird even in comparison to part one. or early part two, his fights just haven't been that great nor are their atmosphere's and i'm hoping angry shioon changes that and brings more 9AD-esk fights.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:30   Link #1874
Odd

yeah

Spoiler for 64:
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:13   Link #1875
bludvein

Shioon's current mood does seem to be a bit extreme, doesn't it? It seems kinda forced on the part of the author.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:27   Link #1876
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Shioon's current mood does seem to be a bit extreme, doesn't it? It seems kinda forced on the part of the author.
TBF his mother's in a coma and could very well end up dead because of those guys. Considering she's likely the only family he has (or at least the only one we see around), the amount of rage he has probably wouldn't be excessive if this happened to someone in real life. It's not the sorta thing in which you feel a bit angry about and let go, normally it's something you find some way to deal with like most normal people, or you go off the deep end. Neither are particularily rare.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:27   Link #1877
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Spoiler:
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:32   Link #1878
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-03-22, 20:40   Link #1879
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That's not how it's going down I'm pretty certain of it, he's at the very least going to have one fight in full rage mode if not several before he see's the error of his ways.
I hope for one fight and then the guy with the man-crush on Shioon shows up to help him see the right
But who knows how long the author is gonna make his anguish last cuz he has Jinne this time
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 21:11   Link #1880
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I agree. His behavior is rather incomprehensible if you compare it with past events. He saw a friend like Jinie being strangled and not a shred of rage or hatred towards the SUC. Or when we go back to part 1 where he witnessed on the roof Shiho getting shot and not a singe glare from him towards the perpetrator.

The author has to balance things out. You can't let him stay acting unaffected in other cases and let him unleash all the inside rage out of blue by a sudden turn in events. It's just not convincing and especiialy not with Shioon's character.

Even if the victim is his mother, to put him into such an extreme state is somewhat badly written if you ask me.

Last edited by Lummie; 2012-03-22 at 21:39.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves