AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-01, 05:45   Link #1
Soriden

Any non-annoying anime?

I've turned into a big anime fan, at least because of the good stories it usually has, but lately a lot of them have turned annoying.

So anyways, I was wondering if people knew any good series that doesn't have *annoying* comic relief, indecisive main characters, jiggly boobs, etc etc.

I'm just looking for works of art really.

As far as I've watched, I would say the best ones are:

Cowboy Bebop ( Very stylish, has the best music too, just too bad I think my girlfriend loves spike more then me =)

FLCL ( Though it was hard for me to grasp at first, it's look at culture was pretty neat )

Princess Tutu ( took me a few episodes to get used to the cuteness, but it put classical music in a whole new light for me, the first half is great )

Jungle Wa Itsumo Guu(sp?) (DAMN that was funny )

*****Runner ups:

Scrapped Princess ( Pretty good, I really enjoyed this one )

Shingetsutan Tsukihime ( ehh, it was REALLY intresting at first, but after a while I was just watching to finish the story )

*****ANNOYING::::
KimiNozo ( Ehhhhhhh, I was pretty into it at first, it was intresting to see how the decision he had to make gets bigger and bigger, but then the main character just get's too annoying for me, I can't stand him. Same with the girls, they all get annoying... I ESPECIALLY hate the comic relief with that girl watress..... However, still watching just to finish the story )

RahXephon ( couldn't stand it. I prefer for symbolic meaning to be hidden instead of constantly thrown at you. It got really annoying how it tried to have some deep message that they wouldn't stop reminding you of )

Anyway, that was just to give some insight into what i'm looking for. I like comedy like Full Metal Panic and Jungle Guu, but I can't stand annoying comic relief. I'm more intrested in the story aspect that japanese anime can tell so well rather than the cute stuff and juggling boobs etc etc etc.

So to anyone who has similar tastes as me, or anyone who might know some suggestions, please tell me..... I need my anime!!!!
Old 2004-01-01, 09:04   Link #2
Thany
Unfair

If you liked Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu, then perhaps you should try Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu Deluxe?
Old 2004-01-01, 09:11   Link #3
swerv
Stay Up

so Fayes jiggling boobs didnt annoy you too much then
Old 2004-01-01, 12:43   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanosk
If you liked Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu, then perhaps you should try Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu Deluxe?
and the last OVA is comming out. Its out in japan, im waiting for the subbers to sub it.
Old 2004-01-01, 17:27   Link #5
Sparda219
Inactive Member

Location: Ripping a hole in the crimson clouds with my torn wings.
Send a message via AIM to Sparda219
One of the least annoying anime in existence is X:TV. X is, however, quite depressing. If you're the emotional type, take a box of tissues.
Old 2004-01-01, 17:54   Link #6
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
and the last OVA is comming out. Its out in japan, im waiting for the subbers to sub it.
Who won't be waiting for it?
Old 2004-01-01, 19:18   Link #7
Tritium
doaho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanosk
Who won't be waiting for it?
i am! am i the only person that didn't like jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu? (damn what a title)
Old 2004-01-02, 18:00   Link #8
Lain

Yes, you heathen, and we all hope you burn in hell for it.

Guu is my heroine.
Old 2004-01-03, 00:06   Link #9
Onegai

I suggest Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. I doubt there are annoying things in there. Good comedy.
Old 2004-01-03, 01:31   Link #10
corp20
Internet God

ROD tv. You should watch the OVA first. The problem is that it is licensed. But some fansub groups are still subbing it. You can't find it on Suki but if you look for it you can find ROD tv.
Old 2004-01-03, 02:43   Link #11
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
so Fayes jiggling boobs didnt annoy you too much then
Who would get annoyed by that? It didn't bother me at all. Hmmm....I wonder why?
Closed Thread