AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-09, 22:18   Link #201
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Enjoyed the second episode, some nice stories here and there, and the pacing seems right. particularly liked Subaru's VA, and is he a possible Pedo?
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 23:05   Link #202
rladls716

Sorry, for being rude, but there is a drama cd for this series. Is there anyone who care to translate? I don't know Japanese.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 00:41   Link #203
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah phooey, Aoi and Subaru seems to have known each other only since middle school (coming from the same school and all). They might have met each other earlier, but that's as murky as their VA's other roles in Hanasaku Iroha (Ohana/Kou).

Oh well, at least Hanazawa still is as awesome to listen to as always. Guess I'll just have to settle with that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 03:17   Link #204
TrueKnight

Adorable ep. Glad I decided to stick another ep. Almost zero fanservice with the exception of the last stupid and ridiculous maid part. I knew Subaru is a decent lead thats I why I liked him from the start, turns out he’s an ace in his team and not some generic worthless pussy who gets girls attention just for being kind. Like it how he gives handicap to the genius girl and still manages to win in the end.

Nevertheless kind of relate how the boys team felt about want to win the championship and therefore demanded more practice hours. But because of that wanting closure of the female team is just wrong. Physically and technically males are better than females in sports be it basketball, soccer/football etc. But at some point the love and passion for the game are just the same for both parties. Thats why the boys should’ve respect that.

Then again, as good the pink girl may be, I still find it odd for the boys team who managed to win the regional tournament were beaten singlehandledly by the pink girl. And for a girls team fighting a well trained boys team? I guess thats anime logic for you where moe beats reality and common sense.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 03:36   Link #205
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Adorable ep. Glad I decided to stick another ep. Almost zero fanservice with the exception of the last stupid and ridiculous maid part. I knew Subaru is a decent lead thats I why I liked him from the start, turns out he’s an ace in his team and not some generic worthless pussy who gets girls attention just for being kind. Like it how he gives handicap to the genius girl and still manages to win in the end.

Nevertheless kind of relate how the boys team felt about want to win the championship and therefore demanded more practice hours. But because of that wanting closure of the female team is just wrong. Physically and technically males are better than females in sports be it basketball, soccer/football etc. But at some point the love and passion for the game are just the same for both parties. Thats why the boys should’ve respect that.

Then again, as good the pink girl may be, I still find it odd for the boys team who managed to win the regional tournament were beaten singlehandledly by the pink girl. And for a girls team fighting a well trained boys team? I guess thats anime logic for you where moe beats reality and common sense.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the boys said they managed to get into the district championship the previous year, so they haven't even mentioned about the Kantou Tournament. Isn't the Kantou Tournament the regional tournament where the city of Tokyo participates in? Unless of course "the 69 club" is not set in Tokyo or in the Kanagawa Prefecture.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 03:39   Link #206
TrueKnight

^ I'm following the sub, which it stated 'regional tournament' during Subaru's conversation with the boys team. I don't know about the original material, but I think you should aim your inquiry on the fansubber for more detail.
Old 2011-07-10, 03:45   Link #207
judasmartel
*Author

So how does a Japanese inter-school sports tournament go?

Does it go like this?

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-07-10, 04:14   Link #208
brocko

Quote:
.... Like it how he gives handicap to the genius girl and still manages to win in the end....
The dude has like a whole 3 or 4 year gap and growth advantage, it's obvious he was going to win even with the handicap. Not jumping isn't going to do much when the guy pretty much towers over you anyway. Trying to constantly drive in on him and refusing to take jumpers out of sheer stubbornness isn't going to help your cause either... =/

Quote:
....Physically and technically males are better than females in sports be it basketball, soccer/football etc....
Not true, girls will actually hit their growth spurts earlier than boys do and thus will be physically better than boys during this stage as both genders develop at about the same rate before then.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 04:21   Link #209
TrueKnight

Quote:
Not true, girls will actually hit their growth spurts earlier than boys do and thus will be physically better than boys during this stage as both genders develop at about the same rate before then.
Are you serious? Sports contracts are one of my job desks, I happen to supervised soccer/football teams under-17, under-15, and under-12. Granted I helped them with paperwork contracts for promising youths to be recruited for a more professional team. But never I saw a well trained girls team who manages to beat well trained boys in sparring. The difference in technique, mental and physical attributes are there, the boys are simply better. Don't know about basketball though.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:31   Link #210
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The difference between jumping and not jumping on defense is bigger than most people think. He might be a... maybe 1-1.5 heads higher than her but a well placed jumper can easily go over his height if he doesn't jump. But you still gotta be impressed when she did that behind the back cross to a right spin. That's something rare for an elementary school player, hell I still can't do behind the backs properly in high school and much less today.

Anyway decent episode with some backstory I guess. I really want to see if the show can present the rest of basketball with real believability that the first one did.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 04:50   Link #211
ikaroh

Am I the only one who was fooled into thinking the coach would be female based on the info from the summer 2011 chart?

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1043/2011summer.jpg
ikaroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 04:53   Link #212
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
The dude has like a whole 3 or 4 year gap and growth advantage, it's obvious he was going to win even with the handicap. Not jumping isn't going to do much when the guy pretty much towers over you anyway. Trying to constantly drive in on him and refusing to take jumpers out of sheer stubbornness isn't going to help your cause either... =/
Although I find Tomoka not jumping despite the handicap noble (or should somebody say stupid) of her.

I mean, come on, if you're that smart of a player, you know that the only way to beat somebody who doesn't jump as a handicap is to settle for the jump shot.

But Tomoka didn't take a jump shot when it isn't necessary not to. That reminds me of Luol Deng not stealing the ball while Jarrett Jack holds the ball on one hand while tying his shoe on the other hand.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-07-10 at 05:12.
Old 2011-07-10, 05:06   Link #213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Koji View Post
Was it the boys basketball team that Tomoka beat before? I thought it seemed like it was an inter-class boys vs girls gym match. So not all the actual male basketball players were involved in that match. Or that was how I interpreted it.
I remember noticing captain shota being there but I don't know about the other players. You might be right.
Old 2011-07-10, 05:18   Link #214
brocko

Quote:
Are you serious? Sports contracts are one of my job desks, I happen to supervised soccer/football teams under-17, under-15, and under-12. Granted I helped them with paperwork contracts for promising youths to be recruited for a more professional team. But never I saw a well trained girls team who manages to beat well trained boys in sparring. The difference in technique, mental and physical attributes are there, the boys are simply better. Don't know about basketball though.
That might possibly be due to the smaller talent pool that the girls have to work with. Perhaps on average, and not at the elite levels, an average female pre-teen may prove to be stronger than an average male pre-teen of the same age.
But it's interesting that you mention this though because maybe the earlier growth spurt may not have as much of an effect as i originally thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The difference between jumping and not jumping on defense is bigger than most people think. He might be a... maybe 1-1.5 heads higher than her but a well placed jumper can easily go over his height if he doesn't jump.
If he was playing any decent form of defence, she shouldn't even have the space to shoot at all. It's just too hard when you're at much of a height deficit, the extra arm-extension on top of the height advantage is enough to block most if not all of the non-wide open shots she will take. Allowing him to jump would be pretty much overkill and he knew that himself. But it's like not like the handicap actually mattered much in the end since she wasn't planning on jump shooting over him anyway lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
But you still gotta be impressed when she did that behind the back cross to a right spin. That's something rare for an elementary school player, hell I still can't do behind the backs properly in high school and much less today.
The fact that she's capable of such ball-handling, yes. How the show depicted it along with the rest of the basketball actions, not as impressive though (it's still better than what most other shows would give you but it's still not outstanding which is what I'd like, but maybe I'm just shooting too high lol).

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2011-07-10 at 05:33.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 05:25   Link #215
judasmartel
*Author

For some reason, Tomoka's backstory reminds me of LeBron James's "Decision" that landed him to Miami, and her former school's name sounds like "Cleveland" to me.

*gets killed by an LBJ fan*

But hey, IMO, Moka's more clutch than LBJ, judging from her previous game where she single-handedly beat the boys' team.

*gets killed by another LBJ fan*

@Second half onwards Oops, lots of Subaru x Tomoka flags in there.

*still hanging in there*
Old 2011-07-10, 05:57   Link #216
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaroh View Post
Am I the only one who was fooled into thinking the coach would be female based on the info from the summer 2011 chart?

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1043/2011summer.jpg
It says that explictly: "Hasegawa Subaru is a girl".

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2011-07-10 at 06:22.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 06:14   Link #217
judasmartel
*Author

Oh, that's wrong. We all see that Subaru IS a boy. Just what's wrong with the chart?
Old 2011-07-10, 06:37   Link #218
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Oh, that's wrong. We all see that Subaru IS a boy. Just what's wrong with the chart?
the name "Subaru" can be used on both boy and girl in Japanese
maybe they wrote without reading the source so they made a mistake
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 09:12   Link #219
judasmartel
*Author

^
Oh, I see then.
Old 2011-07-10, 11:50   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
the name "Subaru" can be used on both boy and girl in Japanese
maybe they wrote without reading the source so they made a mistake
They probably mistook Airi for the coach. She does look like a high school student compared to the other girls after all.

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli