AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 00:30   Link #21
HottieSasukeUchiha

Send a message via AIM to HottieSasukeUchiha
hmmmm id give her like a 40 doller giftcard to itunes or best buy of target......
HottieSasukeUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:38   Link #22
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I say fill up the gas (assuming you got a license) and take her out of the city for the whole day and explore.

Stuff animals are not lame for girly girls. And flowers (one dozen grade A roses) always make the girls smile.

Quote:
hmmmm id give her like a 40 doller giftcard to itunes or best buy of target......
picking something out from the heart shows the girl that you have been listening and can make a sound judgement on what she will like. Isn't that the whole point of giving your girl friend a present? Gift cards are very bad to give to a girl friend or wife unless they request it.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 07:04   Link #23
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I guess since you live in Britain you do not know about the school system in the U.S.

Here we have kindergarten and grades 1-12. Grade twelve is the last year of school for people here. Elementary school is kindergarten through 5th grade. Middle is 5th through 8th. Highschool is grades 9-12.
Ah we'd know, at least with high school (nickelodeon, hollywood kids/high school movies etc etc)
14-18 = high school, but you call them freshman etc rather than grades.
I hear the grade system all the time, but we tend to associate with ages, so i personally never know what grade goes with what age, the same if someone from UK said 'she's in year 9' - you'd not know how old she's likely to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Get her something she likes????? (even if its a bit childish).
What are her hobbies or interests?

If she likes Pooh and quotes from the Pooh stories -- then a Pooh bear makes good sense.

My wife likes - cute gothy things, Hitchhiker's Guide, Star Trek, knitting, tabletop games, having things done that need doing as a surprise, certain book authors, etc.

This girl should have some interests and something she doesn't have.... I often think a cherished useful item related to a pastime or hobby sends a much clearer message than some frou-frou doodad. It tells her you're paying attention to what *SHE* likes to do.
Couldn't have said it any better there

Do let us know if you decide on something and see how it goes

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:28   Link #24
poopsicle

Quote:
Get her something she likes????? (even if its a bit childish).
What are her hobbies or interests?

If she likes Pooh and quotes from the Pooh stories -- then a Pooh bear makes good sense.

My wife likes - cute gothy things, Hitchhiker's Guide, Star Trek, knitting, tabletop games, having things done that need doing as a surprise, certain book authors, etc.

This girl should have some interests and something she doesn't have.... I often think a cherished useful item related to a pastime or hobby sends a much clearer message than some frou-frou doodad. It tells her you're paying attention to what *SHE* likes to do.
We've been friends for a few years and we're close I guess, but as for her interest it's obvious for most girls but for my friend she doesn't really mention anything :P. She's really nice,quiet, and cute. But since I didn't know what she was into I decided Winnie the Pooh because I know she has a winnie the pooh blanket lol. She also enjoys going on the computer and watching movies except everytime I give her new movies to watch she doesn't watch it so I stopped that lol.
poopsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:56   Link #25
ferral72

a Yukata + Obi Belt is always nice, but they are a bit more pricey

The site below is in Japan, but they ship worldwide, also some of the Yukata's in their Clearance link are nice.

Check out : http://www.kimono-yukata-market.com/catalogue/list.html
ferral72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:06   Link #26
Cake-kun
At least it's on the book

Send a message via Yahoo to Cake-kun
Me. I give her what she wishes, (If she requests something from me, but i give that wish if i know that i can give it to them. If i can't then i think of an alternative) but what i do the most is treat her to a meal. ;] Or if i do have enough money, i treat her to a mall. (But of course, we don't want to get bored cause it's only the two of us, so we invite some people.) But of course, i ask her what she wants, cause i don't want to give something she won't be happy with.

PS: It depend upon the person though. I'll admit, i choose people to give something. ;]

Last edited by Cake-kun; 2008-07-28 at 10:33.
Cake-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 14:40   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsicle View Post
We've been friends for a few years and we're close I guess, but as for her interest it's obvious for most girls but for my friend she doesn't really mention anything :P. She's really nice,quiet, and cute. But since I didn't know what she was into I decided Winnie the Pooh because I know she has a winnie the pooh blanket lol. She also enjoys going on the computer and watching movies except everytime I give her new movies to watch she doesn't watch it so I stopped that lol.
You've been friends for a few years and you don't know what her likes and dislikes are? ....... what do ya'll do? Sit and watch the stars a lot?
Sorry ... it just sounds like you need to actually get to know her better.

The Pooh blanket is a good clue though (again.. it shows you're paying attention). If you know she likes certain types of computer games or console games, try to find one ya'll can play together?
The recent Wii game -- Boom Blox is outstanding since it has cooperative modes as well as combative modes. (assumes a Wii is available though).

I really like ferral72's suggestion up there IF she likes anime a lot (the yukata+obi). However, expect to spend a fair amount of money.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-07-28 at 14:58.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 18:58   Link #28
Tabris

Perfume or flowers, though you may have to push the $40 a bit for nice perfume.

Or, you could always do something a bit quirky and different. Sounds kinda crappy now I think about it and it is quite a bad example, but it's the only thing I can remember atm. But a few years ago (this was a girl I was getting together with) I went round to hers with a hamper basket with two tubs of Ben&Jerry's and ate it in her back yard on a really nice day. That was only because we both loved eating B&J at the time. Was a laugh though since it looked like a full picnic, but wasn't. Things like that can always be a bit more memorable and fun.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 21:45   Link #29
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Forgot to mention this on my first post, but be very careful if you are planning to give a pet as a gift. >_<!

My brother gave his girlfriend a puppy, and sadly, her family had no intentions whatsoever to take care of the poor thing. In the end, she had to return the puppy to him and now poor Daniel has to feed a dog he never planned to had in the first place.

Again, knowing the girl (and her family) is the best way to go when it comes to gifts.
Old 2008-07-28, 23:51   Link #30
HottieSasukeUchiha

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
I say fill up the gas (assuming you got a license) and take her out of the city for the whole day and explore.

Stuff animals are not lame for girly girls. And flowers (one dozen grade A roses) always make the girls smile.

picking something out from the heart shows the girl that you have been listening and can make a sound judgement on what she will like. Isn't that the whole point of giving your girl friend a present? Gift cards are very bad to give to a girl friend or wife unless they request it.
very true bbduece, im a girly girl a little myself and i recived flowers for my b day id love that..well i auctually did...were dating know ^^
Old 2008-07-28, 23:53   Link #31
HottieSasukeUchiha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-kun View Post
Me. I give her what she wishes, (If she requests something from me, but i give that wish if i know that i can give it to them. If i can't then i think of an alternative) but what i do the most is treat her to a meal. ;] Or if i do have enough money, i treat her to a mall. (But of course, we don't want to get bored cause it's only the two of us, so we invite some people.) But of course, i ask her what she wants, cause i don't want to give something she won't be happy with.

PS: It depend upon the person though. I'll admit, i choose people to give something. ;]
well it kinda seems like that he likes her but afraid to show himself....so wouldnt the mall alone be better?
Old 2008-07-28, 23:55   Link #32
HottieSasukeUchiha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu Miu View Post
lol u soo like her

i reckon perfume is nice

Anna Sui Dolly Girl Bonjour L'Amour Eau de Toilette Spray

Anna Sui Flight of Fancy

Marc Jacobs Daisy
what sixteen year old has money for perfume? ....well if he likes her that much...idk random rambling now haha ^^
Old 2008-07-29, 01:01   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

heh.... spend a little time learning to combine quotes in one post so you don't end up looking like you're spamming a thread

even just cut'n'paste and using the quote tag works. Tally ho and all that
Old 2008-07-29, 01:17   Link #34
Cake-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottieSasukeUchiha View Post
well it kinda seems like that he likes her but afraid to show himself....so wouldnt the mall alone be better?

Cause i have friends (girls) that prefers company instead just the two of us. ;]
Old 2008-07-29, 04:03   Link #35
Ledgem
Love Yourself

A lot of the gift suggestions aren't bad, but they sort of sound like they cater to the "stereotypical American girl." Some girls prefer expensive things, because knowing that money was spent on them matters more than the gift itself. Some girls prefer things that they've mentioned, because it makes them feel like you listen to them and care about them. Some girls prefer intangible things, some girls prefer hand-made things. There's a lot of variance, and only you'll know what could work best.

Ordinarily I'd say that you just need to think about her for a bit and it should come to you. However, it seems that you may have other motives. Are you going to try to use this as a way to springboard your friendship into a romantic relationship? If so, consider going for an intangible gift - take her out somewhere where you two can get some quality interaction in. If you just want to get her something nice as a token of friendship, a material item will probably work fine, depending on your friend. In all cases, consider getting a card, unless you know that she doesn't like them. The type of card and what you write in it will depend on what you're trying to do.
Old 2008-07-29, 05:54   Link #36
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Why a free membership to Animesuki Forums of course. That's what I gave my girlfriend.
epic post
u deserve a million dollars
Old 2008-07-29, 08:04   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You've been friends for a few years and you don't know what her likes and dislikes are? ....... what do ya'll do? Sit and watch the stars a lot?
That'd make things easy. Just get her a telescope.

As for gift ideas... Cash. Everyone likes cash. (I know it's actually a terrible gift ideas, despite its practicality, but no thread on gift giving is complete without its mention.)

If she has a winnie blanket, I don't think you can go wrong with the plush toy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:47   Link #38
Amray

I would get her flowers and chocolate. But because that idea is so 'original', I would instead get her LOTS of flowers and LOTS of chocolate. The plan is genius!

Or I would get her flowers and boxes of various different flavoured Pocky.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 11:08   Link #39
Cake-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with the plush toy.

A plush toy will do too, (although i find it quite expensive. XD) cause some girls like stuffed things.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:23   Link #40
Nervous Venus

Guy friends don't usually give girl friends "plush toys". It just seems more like what a boyfriend or a crush would do. Though if you're really close, that should suffice. And no matter what he gets her, I'm sure she'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece
I actually wouldn't mind getting a gift card to itunes/starbucks/target or something. It would be useful. I don't think it's bad for a friend, though I agree it would be a terrible gift for a wife or actual girlfriend.