AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-06, 11:13   Link #9561
aldw

If GuP matches can have up to 20 tanks per side, would WoT ever be upgraded to allow that too (with proper map adjustments)?
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:27   Link #9562
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I remember increasing the number of participating tanks was part of WG's plan in the future.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:51   Link #9563
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Did Japan get its own server or they just added Japanese text on the Asian server? Seems like the latter, unless I'm not finding the separate site.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 12:14   Link #9564
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

The GuP girls actually lament how there isn't yet a Japanese line towards the end.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 12:21   Link #9565
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I still am at a loss as to how they are going to fill up the gaps between Tier 5 ~ Tier 9...

And thats just their medium line.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:01   Link #9566
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Today was a nice day: Mastery in the SU-85 and in the King Tiger.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Special mention to the King Tiger battle, since the T-44 and the T69 were capping the base. Killed the T69 with a lucky shot that dropped the base points long enough to allow the KV-4 and IS-3 to get to the base and help me against the enemy King Tiger and IS-3.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:26   Link #9567
Gravitas Free Zone

Fighting with the Matilda IV has brought for me a fresh appreciation of trying to use medium-caliber HE rounds because AP and APCR in the 76mm can barely penetrate cardboard.

That is another reason I'm not too keen on trying the T14, even if the 50% off sale makes it relatively a bargain.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:28   Link #9568
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
That is another reason I'm not too keen on trying the T14, even if the 50% off sale makes it relatively a bargain.
The issue many have with the T14 has always been its gun. It's barely adequate in tier 5, but when you get to tier 6 you're pretty much beholden to spamming APCR on opposing heavies to even have an effect.

Also let me get this clear, when the VK 3001 conversion happens, you get the VK 3002 M regardless of whether or not you upgraded the 3001 completely as long as you have one in the garage right?
Old 2013-09-06, 20:38   Link #9569
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Also let me get this clear, when the VK 3001 conversion happens, you get the VK 3002 M regardless of whether or not you upgraded the 3001 completely as long as you have one in the garage right?
You just need a VK 30.01 (H) in your garage.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:44   Link #9570
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well tested the Manpanther in the test server the other day. It's a good sniper, pretty good accel / traverse and the reload time is not so bad, however since it has crap armor you have to rely on invisitanking/camo a little too much (however the front can give you some nice lucky bounces).
Old 2013-09-06, 21:47   Link #9571
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i think i did say that the matilda IV and t14 has pen worst than some tier 4 tanks, tho its good pts are spamming rounds, fair amount of hp, and t14 can bounce some shots that are same tier or lower... with the exception of high pen guns.

i had to repurchase the derp on the jumbo just becuz the 76er does crap pen and dmg for tier 6, and bounces alot on most tier 6 and up tanks.

i think that changing crewmen names is a weird sense of having fun, since no one can see it except yourself when your in your garage.

i procrastinating on getting the crommie to grind the med line for the brits just cuz its a pain to grind and i don't feel like spending credits right now even tho i have over 9 mil.
Old 2013-09-06, 22:14   Link #9572
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
i had to repurchase the derp on the jumbo just becuz the 76er does crap pen and dmg for tier 6, and bounces alot on most tier 6 and up tanks.
Isn't that the same gun as the Easy 8?
Old 2013-09-06, 22:18   Link #9573
Gravitas Free Zone

I can easily get 2500+ damage games with the 76mm on the Easy Eight, but it also helps that the E8 is fast enough to actually flank things. The Jumbo... not so much.

Still, the 76mm on the E8 can penetrate frontally if you actually aim at weak spots.
Old 2013-09-06, 22:18   Link #9574
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I'm starting to get bored of the game since I've not made any progression at all. Maybe I should play another game on the meantime.

One side of me wants to buy the KV-4 back (since I have the money and the crew of my KV-2 about to get their 3rd skill), but other side of me wants to keep the money since I've never been with nothing more than 2 mil in my account. Buuuuut i really want an IS-4!
Old 2013-09-06, 22:39   Link #9575
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

jumbo has a hard time keeping its traverse spd at 30kph or close to it, its a fake heavy, so puttin the derp on the jumbo is prolly the only way to play the jumbo, also the 76er isn't that good despite its high rof and pen... tho since derp got nerfed and HE is the only option for most derps, i don't know if i want to keep the jumbo any more.

also i've haven't made much progress either, i can't get above 54% or let alone pass it.

i'm thinking about playing BF3 until BF4 beta comes out i've already have BF4 and premium pre-ordered.

i don't think i'll play coh2 in awhile.
Old 2013-09-06, 23:53   Link #9576
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't that the same gun as the Easy 8?
Remember Touma's the guy who runs all gold ammo because he's too lazy to aim and complains that armor is too strong.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 00:13   Link #9577
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Still, the 76mm on the E8 can penetrate frontally if you actually aim at weak spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Remember Touma's the guy who runs all gold ammo because he's too lazy to aim and complains that armor is too strong.
I was trying to be subtle about that.
Old 2013-09-07, 01:06   Link #9578
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

only for tier 8 and up, i don't run mainly gold under 8 anymore. since i'm broke now.
Old 2013-09-07, 03:07   Link #9579
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So I bought an M6 and got Ace Tanker on my third battle.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I really like the APCR rounds on this tank. At 243mm penetration, they can easily pen every tier 8 heavy tank frontally, which is great for a tier 6 heavy.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 03:36   Link #9580
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Replay link, thanks to Loki Snake. I don't have a view of the battle on my own, as by practice it's a bad idea due to low HD space.

Anyway, we have here a Cliff battle. Deployment goes as usual, but I noted how most of the team hit the East side, leaving a Lorraine 40t and an IS-3 to hold the valley, with the T28 Prot watching the valley entrance from the base. So I turn around to try to help (yes, on a PTA)... and soon enough found myself all alone, first against a T-54 and an E-75, then followed by a wave of heavies. As you can see from Loki's minimap, at one point there were 6 tanks milling around that bend... Which makes you wonder why they didn't just rush me, hmm?

The E-75 tried very VERY hard to get me though, but by the point it started to do anything, reinforcements arrived overlooking the defile. Oh, and for some reason, I bounced two of its shots. RNG was merciful I suppose.

And here we get the end result. Very funny game, coming off from a loss where we ran into a -G- platoon. Heh.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks