AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 23:47   Link #2061
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I knew he was going to die... but still.... *sob*
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:48   Link #2062
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
You know.... We saw him getting stabbed.
We saw his blood.
We saw him close his eyes.
We was C.C. and Suzaku's tears.

Who thinks this is obvious?

*hand raised*

I know it's sad...but....
I agree. But I have to admit that it is left to interpretation.
When Nunnaly touched his hand she seemed to receive a vision of Lelouch and Suzaku's conversations. Something like that only happened when C.C. touched Lelouch before.

Avbout talking to a spirit though, C.C. could simply be talking out loud to heaven, similar to how Kallen was speaking to the dead Lelouch.
And we're not sure if the code activates upon death. I thought Charles shot himself on purpose, but I guess we can't be sure.

Nunnally getting that vision, and C.C. being happy are the two biggest hints to Lelouch being alive. Why would she be happy about a better world? As far as we know it wasn't the circumstances of the world that made her unhappy.

I don't like how they leave the ending open ended like this, even if it's vague, there are some strong signs so... I hope it's cleared up in a epilogue on the DVD or OVA.
Old 2008-09-28, 23:49   Link #2063
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
You could in theory brake all that up.

Honestly it just takes one individual with proof of what Lelouch did to set the world on fire again.

A kid, who was supposedly a tyrant, is the one who sets it free. Easy pickings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
No, that would become to formulaic, I think it should either give a greater analysis on the past, after, or even more key character history.
in other words, a GSD.. again.

wherein; Lelouch and C.C. will show up and beat the living daylights out of whoever plays the role of Shinn Asuka and his gang?
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:49   Link #2064
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
No, not everyone agreed that lulu is 100% alive, and that's because there hasn't been infallible proof on either side. It will remain a controversy the way it's designed to be.

About the Taniguchi owning the rights to CG... If he owns the rights, someone tell me why he had to scrap the entire R2 script again? Time slot at 5 shouldn't have called for a whole new script. Anyone?
He didn't, people just still believe for some reason that he did. They've somehow convinced themselves that this whole series was some sort of sham when really it was only the first few episodes that likely had anything changed. It worked out better though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:50   Link #2065
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
No, that would become to formulaic, I think it should either give a greater analysis on the past, after, or even more key character history.
You're right, it could end up being another Gundam SEED Destiny...

But still, what was Code Geass about, or rather, what made Code Geass? Like I said, with Lelouch the series is dead in the water.

Maybe a good hour long OVA narrated by Suzaku, but if they even attempted to go for another run at it, anything other than the real thing wouldn't do.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:50   Link #2066
Babbito
Professional Fangirl

Okay, I've read through the first 62 pages so forgive me if someone brought this up later and I missed it.

It seems no one has pointed out one interpretation of the origami crane. In recent years the origami crane is closely associated with a wish for WORLD PEACE. And what was Nunnally and Euphie's dearest wish that Lelouch and Suzaku were trying to achieve? A peaceful world where everyone can live with their loved ones. Which, so far, seems to have been achieved through the Zero Requiem.

I also think Lelouch is dead. C.C.'s words: "The Power of Kings, called Geass, will make people lonely. I suppose that wasn't quite true. Right, Lelouch?" can also be interpreted to mean that in the end he wasn't alone. Nunnally understood and loved him, Suzaku was still his friend and cried for him, Jeremiah supported him, Sayoko, Lloyd, Cecile, and Nina all supported his aims, Kallen, Todou, and Kaguya understood what he was trying to do at the last moment, and C.C. understood and supported him until the end (well, and Millay and Rivalz worried about him). But even though he died as a villain, hated by most of the world, the people close to him were still there . . . so he was not truly alone. As much as he tried to distance himself, and make others hate him, he was still loved. Sidenote: it's also possible for C.C. to be truly loved (whether by Lelouch or not is beside the point) . . . if she lives long enough, she can still achieve her dream of being loved by others. He gave her back her hope. (For Nunnally, initially the cranes were for her wish of being cured when she folded 1000, right? C.C. still has a ways to go before achieving her wish.)

Well, and I think she might have been talking to him in the World of C. Was it ever explained how Charles was able to talk to dead Clovis? And C.C. did say she would see Mao in "the World of C." So there must be some way to communicate with the dead if you have a Geass . . . (remember, the collective unconscious of mankind - also, in Charles' plan everyone would be able to be united with the dead so they must still exist in some form in the CG universe) either that or the people in CG sure like to talk to themselves a lot.

Also, Nunnally figured out what her brother was up to before the flashback (see her widening eyes as she realizes he's going to be killed by "Zero" who I'm sure she recognizes as Suzaku.) I think the flashback was just the animators using shorthand to convey to us that Nunnally had grasped her brother's thought process, not that she actually saw all those events take place. After all, she was going to do the same thing herself with Damocles - direct all the world's hatred there - so it's not like they're really all that different in the way they think. She also wanted to "take all the sins" upon herself which is why she was willing to do something as terrible as using FLEIJA.

Well, feel free to disagree, but these are the conclusions I came to.
Babbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:51   Link #2067
Darkonus

Sorry don't want to read through all the threads to find the link? Was something new found out, was the website updated or someone saying that the director said L.L. was dead and no season 3?
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:53   Link #2068
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

2000+ posts eh? Guess I won't be able to make my post stand out to much this time, but I will say that the experience of Code Geass and the forum ups and downs have been fun...

Moving along to the episode itself, it was good episode to be sure but just a good one...Some parts of the fighting were extremely excellent, some parts downright frustrating if not annoying (Sunrise cockpit explosion TAKE 76)...The conflict with Nunally didn't go as good as I thought it would and went pretty much to script...I guess the most frustrating thing about this episode was the fact I had nothing left to give...It's hard when you feel like the show already climaxed 3 or 4 episodes ago and with no new boss, or unexpected ideology to consider here, all we basically got was a wrap-up episode(One that was feverishly trying to fit every character's bottom of the shoe subplot inside of it)... A wrap up episode that still leaves tons of questions but none enuff that I really care about that much anymore...If C.C.'s name was the one shining light that could have totally saved this show for someone, I pity you...If the last thing we saw on-screen was her gleefully whisper her name to the audience I wouldn't have blinked ...

The Suzaku requiem was just so planned out that Lulu had to probably compute him surviving yet another ridiculous Sunrise cockpit explosion...The whole ending just came across as underwhelming to me...Final episodes make me want to astroproject into these scenes, soak up the last message, and let it purify me...However I was like "OK, that wasn't terrible..." Wasn't mad that Lulu died(?) at all, it's just it didn't seem like Code Geass...Where was the epicness before he died? It was like they went thru a laundry list of flashbacks, and he died...Not too much time to focus on the other's reaction of this and how it weighed on there lives (Except for Kallen and Nunally)...I mean there just wasn't anytime left...

For shows that have mangas it's easy to blow off an incomplete ending or unsatisfying one because you know you can get your fix somewhere else (Or just know that the fix exists), but for shows like Code Geass which are original works you can't ever get back that feeling if it's one that didn't truly satisfy you...I almost wanna get like a 9/11 commission just to do an investigation on why like the last 6 episodes of Sunrise shows they never seem to be able to end a series in a natural pace--Always seems like they have more than enuff time, but kinda blow it everytime...This ep was awesome in-terms of the fighting and subtle expressions of artistry in some of the characters themselves, but at the end of the road I kinda feel like C.C. lying on that barn-wagon of hay...CG was fun, but next stop, next town...I won't forget the fun times as I jump off the wagon though...

7/10...

MORE TO COME...
Old 2008-09-28, 23:54   Link #2069
TheCreator

People that think Lelouch is dead are jokes

Go watch the series again and understand how the code works.

then you will know that lelouch is alive.

People that think is he dead are clueless and don't understand how the code works.

Nunnally touching Lelouch was so clear to explain it. LOL

Go back to when Lelouch first touched CC. That was the first time CC died.

Same with Charles.

Understand the series.... LOL @ people that think Lelouch is DEAD.
TheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:54   Link #2070
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
He didn't, people just still believe for some reason that he did. They've somehow convinced themselves that this whole series was some sort of sham when really it was only the first few episodes that likely had anything changed. It worked out better though.
Oh. Proper then. Still don't have complaints about R2. Why should Fans tell the showrunners how the show should be run? Lol.

But one more question. I heard that there were problems with Sunrise and Tanigushi's side at the beginning as well, and also seen something about him saying he'll leave the industry after? Was that all a hoax too?

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:54   Link #2071
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Did you guys think, maybe... just maybe he wanted everyone to think he was dead? even suzaku?
Old 2008-09-28, 23:55   Link #2072
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
You're right, it could end up being another Gundam SEED Destiny...

But still, what was Code Geass about, or rather, what made Code Geass? Like I said, with Lelouch the series is dead in the water.

Maybe a good hour long OVA narrated by Suzaku, but if they even attempted to go for another run at it, anything other than the real thing wouldn't do.
In my opinion, Suzaku has some pretty good development. The characters that would be C.C., Kallen, and some other. Geass should have been explained through every user or the prior affects, not on the result.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:55   Link #2073
jyle_t

im sure sunrise will come up with a LAST picturebook to explain the ending..

and if lelouch IS alive, that simply means he and C.C is gonna XXXX for eternity. lolz
jyle_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:55   Link #2074
SemperMalum

If only everything wasn't rushed...

If only they had made R2 end with Lelouch becomming the Emperor... And made a season 3. Everything until the very last half of episode 25 felt so... not kosher, I suppose.

In the end, the way the last half of the episode was done, it was almost satisfying. The scene where he gets stabbed, and his body falls to Nunnally... It's epic and touching. I don't know how you could really hate it.

However, at the end, while I'm torn between that being Lelouch or some random person, I think the way that CC looked up was what did it for me thinking it's Lelouch. When Jeremiah retreated, I think he might have took the body... Or done something like that. He knew everything as well as Suzaku, from what it looked, but I doubt he'd want his Majesty's corpse just dumped on.

And if Lelouch's body was taken, then he coulda popped back up. The way CC looked while she was laying on the hay was like she wanted to be taken advantage of. Obviously, it's because Lelouch is totally having his way with her.

... I can dream, can't I?
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:56   Link #2075
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Oh. Proper then. Still don't have complaints about R2. Why should Fans tell the showrunners how the show should be run? Lol.

But one more question. I heard that there were problems with Sunrise and Tanigushi's side at the beginning as well, and also seen something about him saying he'll leave the industry after? Was that all a hoax too?
It was a joke actually. That was after the postponment of episode 24 and 25 of R1, which he really had hoped to get out on time, but production fell behind and he blamed himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyle_t View Post
im sure sunrise will come up with a LAST picturebook to explain the ending..

and if lelouch IS alive, that simply means he and C.C is gonna XXXX for eternity. lolz
Explain what exactly. They practically laid out the entire plan in expository dialogue for the audience. There's really not much left to explain.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:56   Link #2076
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbito View Post
Okay, I've read through the first 62 pages so forgive me if someone brought this up later and I missed it.

It seems no one has pointed out one interpretation of the origami crane. In recent years the origami crane is closely associated with a wish for WORLD PEACE. And what was Nunnally and Euphie's dearest wish that Lelouch and Suzaku were trying to achieve? A peaceful world where everyone can live with their loved ones. Which, so far, seems to have been achieved through the Zero Requiem.

I also think Lelouch is dead. C.C.'s words: "The Power of Kings, called Geass, will make people lonely. I suppose that wasn't quite true. Right, Lelouch?" can also be interpreted to mean that in the end he wasn't alone. Nunnally understood and loved him, Suzaku was still his friend and cried for him, Jeremiah supported him, Sayoko, Lloyd, Cecile, and Nina all supported his aims, Kallen, Todou, and Kaguya understood what he was trying to do at the last moment, and C.C. understood and supported him until the end (well, and Millay and Rivalz worried about him). But even though he died as a villain, hated by most of the world, the people close to him were still there . . . so he was not truly alone. As much as he tried to distance himself, and make others hate him, he was still loved. Sidenote: it's also possible for C.C. to be truly loved (whether by Lelouch or not is beside the point) . . . if she lives long enough, she can still achieve her dream of being loved by others. He gave her back her hope. (For Nunnally, initially the cranes were for her wish of being cured when she folded 1000, right? C.C. still has a ways to go before achieving her wish.)

Well, and I think she might have been talking to him in the World of C. Was it ever explained how Charles was able to talk to dead Clovis? And C.C. did say she would see Mao in "the World of C." So there must be some way to communicate with the dead if you have a Geass . . . (remember, the collective unconscious of mankind - also, in Charles' plan everyone would be able to be united with the dead so they must still exist in some form in the CG universe) either that or the people in CG sure like to talk to themselves a lot.

Also, Nunnally figured out what her brother was up to before the flashback (see her widening eyes as she realizes he's going to be killed by "Zero" who I'm sure she recognizes as Suzaku.) I think the flashback was just the animators using shorthand to convey to us that Nunnally had grasped her brother's thought process, not that she actually saw all those events take place. After all, she was going to do the same thing herself with Damocles - direct all the world's hatred there - so it's not like they're really all that different in the way they think. She also wanted to "take all the sins" upon herself which is why she was willing to do something as terrible as using FLEIJA.

This is exactly what I thought about the end..
Old 2008-09-28, 23:57   Link #2077
jyle_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbito View Post

abt the nunnally part, she's just used to feeling ppl's real thoughts by holding their hands.
jyle_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:57   Link #2078
coba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
in other words, a GSD.. again.

wherein; Lelouch and C.C. will show up and beat the living daylights out of whoever plays the role of Shinn Asuka and his gang?

Well, at least Lelouch does not have a godly mechas +army. You cna see even when Lulu + Suzaku works together against BK, their side still suffer significant damage. Not like the AA in GSD(at least in the original anime) where none of the MS from AA side got a scratch on it.

Quote:
Avbout talking to a spirit though, C.C. could simply be talking out loud to heaven, similar to how Kallen was speaking to the dead Lelouch.
And we're not sure if the code activates upon death. I thought Charles shot himself on purpose, but I guess we can't be sure.
After rewatching the scene again, I do understand the argument of people who think Lulu is the cart driver. If you let your imagination run wild , the scene at the end (where CC said "right Lelouch") seems to show that CC tries to shift her head upward for looking at the cart driver.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:58   Link #2079
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
That's because he's dead. There is no ambiguity whatsoever. The only people saying it's ambiguous or that he's alive are either in denial because they worship the character or unable to grasp the fact that people addressing the dead is a pretty common thing in this show (and anime in general) whether the dead can actually hear them or not. For other instances of people like this, see the fools that somehow think Light from Death Note became a shinigami.
That's a little bloody harsh don't you think? People are allowed to speculate as to whether a character is alive or not, it doesn't make them fools. Besides as far as this series is concerned being shot in the back (Cornelia) or your mecha being consumed by a bomb (Guilford) doesn't necessarily mean they are dead so I don't see why Lelouch couldn't simply have lived through a sword wound-or somehow have become immortal.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:00   Link #2080
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

wow... so many delusional people O_o
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote