AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 18:01   Link #11761
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I love all the Medaka fans looking down their noses at the non-fans. You guys like her, that's cool. We don't. Let's just have a difference of opinion and let it go, ok?
Old 2013-01-24, 18:04   Link #11762
Lupus753

You know, I've been thinking. What if a final villain was defeated by every hero fighting together and overwhelming him. That would tie in perfectly with typical Shonen values of friendship and teamwork.

But you never see it. It's always main villain versus main hero, no one else. I just think that undermines the message of teamwork that many of these manga try to evoke.

This was just an errant thought that crossed my mind and grew in it when I saw Medaka's body vibrations push Zenkichi away.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:12   Link #11763
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
You know, I've been thinking. What if a final villain was defeated by every hero fighting together and overwhelming him.
That's actually how I wanted Iihiko to be brought down.

Can you imagine how awesome a full-lenght, tag-team fight of Kumagawa + Zenkichi vs Iihiko would be?

The manga would implode from sheer awesome.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:14   Link #11764
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I love all the Medaka fans looking down their noses at the non-fans. You guys like her, that's cool. We don't. Let's just have a difference of opinion and let it go, ok?
This is a hilarious statement. It's the Medaka haters that bring up how much they hate Medaka at every single turn and they're the ones that look down their noses at Medaka fans as if liking her means you lack good taste.

But if you guys want to call it a difference of opinion, that's great. Just don't be passive-agressive about it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:18   Link #11765
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
This is a hilarious statement. It's the Medaka haters that bring up how much they hate Medaka at every single turn and they're the ones that look down their noses at Medaka fans as if liking her means you lack good taste.

But if you guys want to call it a difference of opinion, that's great. Just don't be passive-agressive about it.
Hey, if you guys like her, I'm fine with it. But I see just as many of her fans yelling at her non-fans (or Zenkichi fans) as I do the other way around.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:19   Link #11766
Wolfenstein

Quote:
It's the Medaka haters that bring up how much they hate Medaka at every single turn and they're the ones that look down their noses at Medaka fans as if liking her means you lack good taste
Not really.

I think it's fine for people to expouse their dislike of a character. But no-one here ever looked down on you or anything, or even addressed any possible Medaka fans. You must be assuming that they are, because they dislike the character.

You're the one whose doing that. People talking about why they hate the character dosen't mean that they are looking down on you. It just means they have different taste.

The equivalent would be you talking about how awesome a character Medaka is and why you liked her, but I never see anyone talking about that, all I see you talking about is the people who talk about Medaka.

Quote:
Just don't be passive-agressive about it.
Careful, though, that's what you're doing. This isn't a statement you should throw around loosely, mind you.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:27   Link #11767
Homura7

Quote:
Hey, if you guys like her, I'm fine with it. But I see just as many of her fans yelling at her non-fans (or Zenkichi fans) as I do the other way around.
Who's yelling? For all I know I didn't use uppercase.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:30   Link #11768
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Who's yelling? For all I know I didn't use uppercase.
More than likely that's just a figure of speech.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:37   Link #11769
Grey

That End God Mode reminds me of her black mode in episode 12. I like the design.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:38   Link #11770
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I like/hate Medaka if that helps.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:40   Link #11771
Lupus753

Medaka is like Evangeline Mcdowell (maybe Nagi Springfield, but he barely appears) of Mahou Sensei Negima: she is both my favorite character and the character that I despise the most.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:41   Link #11772
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I suppose you have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Not really.

I think it's fine for people to expouse their dislike of a character. But no-one here ever looked down on you or anything, or even addressed any possible Medaka fans. You must be assuming that they are, because they dislike the character.

You're the one whose doing that. People talking about why they hate the character dosen't mean that they are looking down on you. It just means they have different taste.
Medaka haters in general in this thread have an annoying tendency to act as if hating Medaka is natural and doing otherwise is tantamount to bad taste, but if you don't believe that, then kudos to you.

Quote:
The equivalent would be you talking about how awesome a character Medaka is and why you liked her, but I never see anyone talking about that, all I see you talking about is the people who talk about Medaka.
You're right, we don't often get comments about how awesome Medaka is a character. Now if only we didn't get spontaneous comments about how much people hate Medaka all the time.

Quote:
Careful, though, that's what you're doing. This isn't a statement you should throw around loosely, mind you.
Since this is coming from you, I'll be sure to properly reflect on my actions.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:54   Link #11773
ccie20012

I like Medaka. I hate Medaka some times (of course).
I like pair Medaka x Zenkichi.
And more more I like "happy end" in any story.
I am fan of "happy endings"
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:57   Link #11774
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Medaka haters in general in this thread have an annoying tendency to act as if hating Medaka is natural and doing otherwise is tantamount to bad taste, but if you don't believe that, then kudos to you.
However, even though people act as if it's natural to talk shit about Medaka, I'm just saying that I'm sure it's no objective affirmation that other people with different tastes, that do like Medaka, are below them in some way.

Even then, though, people will always think of their own opinions as better. That's just natural and inescapable. I do think that the manga would've been far better without Medaka, but I realize that's just the taste of one group.

Quote:
You're right, we don't often get comments about how awesome Medaka is a character. Now if only we didn't get spontaneous comments about how much people hate Medaka all the time.
Well, like I said, I think it's perfectly natural, and in-fact preferable to never restrict either stuff like that. From both ends.

Of course, as long as it's talking about the manga.

Quote:
Since this is coming from you, I'll be sure to properly reflect on my actions.
Thanks! I really appreciate that.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:22   Link #11775
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Medaka is like Evangeline Mcdowell (maybe Nagi Springfield, but he barely appears) of Mahou Sensei Negima: she is both my favorite character and the character that I despise the most.
ugh, I really dont see them to be similar enough.
perhaps negi if you reverse his worrying to medaka's confidence, somewhat plausible. but eva really? aside from being OP(though medaka's more on just luck than power), they're pretty different.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 19:28   Link #11776
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
That End God Mode reminds me of her black mode in episode 12. I like the design.
Interestingly enough, the hair resembles Iihiko's hair.

Which makes sense, since the reason Iihiko was more powerful is because he was a more heroic main-character than Medaka, because that's what matters when two main characters fight, and when it all comes down to who fate will help win the battle, in the Medaka Box world.

I guess this is Nishio's way of telling us that Medaka's become...as heroic as past Iihiko?

Sounds silly, but hey, I guess that's how fate rolls on the streets of Medaka Box.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:29   Link #11777
Lupus753

^^I didn't say the characters were similar, I was just saying that my personal response to them was similar: a weird mix of hatred and enjoyment.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:33   Link #11778
silvercover
Romance Expert

hmm.
well just to confirm, what side is your view of medaka being enjoyable and your view on her being annoying? id ask for eva as well but this isnt a negima thread.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 19:35   Link #11779
Wolfenstein

Also, does this mean that the master of the paradox manipulation Style; Contradictory Conjunction, Nienami Namanie, was absolutely wrong in warning Medaka that she was using styles incorrectly?

If so, screw you for rendering one of the best girls in this manga superfluous, Nishio.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:36   Link #11780
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I know, right? Seeing people's double standards and hypocrisy always amuses me.
Except that Medaka is going to survive due to plot bullshit.
Quote:
Yeah, right, the Treasure Hunt arc was predictable you're saying? My ass! It's by far the most unpredictable arc along with the Flask Plan and this one.
You kidding me? The outcome of both was "Medaka beats the villain by lecturing at them", which is very probably how this will end as well.
If the manga continues after this arc I guarantee you that Iihiko will start attending Hakoniwa Academy.
Quote:
At this point I would suggest them reread the series from the very beggining, so they can see how wrong is that "Medaka hasn't changed at all" statement.
She's still a bitch to Zenkichi, she's still ridiculously self-sacrificing, she's still overpowering everyone no matter how unjustifiable it is that she does so, she's still a bitch to Zenkichi... yeah, not much has really changed.
Quote:
Which makes sense, since the reason Iihiko was more powerful is because he was a more heroic main-character than Medaka, because that's what matters when two main characters fight, and when it all comes down to who fate will help win the battle, in the Medaka Box world.
I think what bothers me the most about the post-140 arcs is the loss of all the interesting meta discussions. The implications that the late chapters of that arc set up have gone nowhere.
Quote:
Also, does this mean that the master of the paradox manipulation Style; Contradictory Conjunction, Nienami Namanie, was absolutely wrong in warning Medaka that she was using styles incorrectly?
Who the hell even knows anymore?
Quote:
If so, screw you for rendering one of the best girls in this manga superfluous, Nishio.
At least she's not as superfluous as Torai!
Seriously why does that character even exist
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council