Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 10:01   Link #61
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I just wish Sanji was just acting in order to avoid being captured and turned into a real transvestite by those Kamabakka residents.
Old 2009-06-05, 12:47   Link #62
james0246

^Just cause Sanji likes to wear women's clothing now, doesn't mean that he has changed in personality...it just means that he likes the silky feel of a feminine blouse and the comforting snugness of a fresh pair of panties... .
Old 2009-06-05, 13:37   Link #63
marvelB

Pardon the late chapter response.... was rather bust yesterday. Anyway, my impressions:

This was an awesome chapter. While I loved seeing Magellan unleashing his wrath upon everyone who stood in his way (still sucks that he took out Iva and Inazuma though), I actually felt that Buggy and Mr. 3 stole the show for me this time around, particularly Mr. 3 (go go Candle Wall! ). I just love how the both of them are forced into these dire situations throughout the whole storyline. Yeah, those two may be weaker than most of the prisoners there, but they still manage to survive by combining their forces and making creative use of their powers. That's why I really want to see the both of them help Luffy beat Magellan (and hopefully help him rescue Ace at Marineford).....

Still, the fact that Magellan ordered for a ship to arrive definitely doesn't bode well for the escapees. I guess he either plans to chase them out to sea or he'll just use a bunch of ships to surround the entrance, blocking everyone's escape. Either way, things are getting even more intense now.......

Oh, and something interesting to note: Oda actually explains in the volume 54 SBS how Buggy was arrested. As it turns out, during his search for Captain John's treasure, he walked right into what he thought was a cave but actually turned out to be a marine base. MASSIVE LULZ.
Old 2009-06-05, 17:59   Link #64
syler321

you think they will show in the anime the full battle between magellan vs iva and the other guy?

and what about blackbeard?
last episode stoped where BB meets with Magellan they fight a bit and then what?
BB run?or what?
Old 2009-06-05, 18:36   Link #65
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This chapter was boring..In a nutshell it was "Go on ahead Luffy, We'll get our ***** kicked for your sake because you are the main character!!!"

I hope Magellan's plan involving the battleships is to move those Marine Battleships so Luffy [who has ADD BTW] won't make it to the execution.

Crap chapter was crap....
Old 2009-06-05, 19:15   Link #66
Ermes Marana

This arc has definitely placed itself as the worst arc in the entire manga (which is still not terrible because almost the entire manga is excellent).

Boring chapter, and doesn't ring true to me.

Usually no matter what crazy stuff happens, it rings true somehow, but not this.

What has Luffy done for Mr 3 to act like that for him? After just leaving him behind? Not to mention his line about optimism felt off for him.

The fights seemed like Oda just wanted to get through them fast, which was actually good because it would have been even more boring to watch them longer.

Everything about this arc just feels forced.

It did sound to me like Magellan wants the ships to leave so Luffy's group can't take one.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:17   Link #67
marvelB

Eh, rather disappointing to see that people feel that way about the current storyline, but oh well. To each their own......

Anyway, I think it should be pretty obvious why Mr. 3 is grateful to Luffy. Despite the fact that he inadvertently dragged both him and Buggy deeper and deeper down to hell, they were still able to survive thanks to his help. Heck, almost everybody helped each other out in this storyline (and..... I guess I just like seeing everyone looking out for each other, y'know? ). It actually brought a smile to my face when Luffy said that he was glad both Buggy and Mr. 3 were still okay...... it makes me hope more than ever that those two stick with him throughout the Marineford arc......
Old 2009-06-05, 21:12   Link #68
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
*shrug* Luffy is building alliances
Old 2009-06-05, 21:16   Link #69
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

There's no disappointment for such responses, there's only pity for them. They failed to appreciate and didn't get enjoyment from it, its their loss. There's nothing that we can do to help them enjoy, so we can only pity them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr 3 can stall Magellan long enough for the rest to escape, they're actually the same type of Paramecia, they secrete substances. Mr 3's wax is more on the defensive side and can be used to bind and hold opponents in place, Magellan's poison is offensive. Mr 3 may actually be able to put up a better fight against Magellan than Iwa and Inazuma.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-05, 22:26   Link #70
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Pretty good chapter, I wonder if Iva and Inazuma will return to their base to recover themselves since the cameras aren't working and all hell's literally broken loose in Impel Down, and Magellan's too busy chasing rubbermen to lock them up. I hope Iva is okay, he was my newest favorite character so far
Old 2009-06-05, 22:35   Link #71
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Mini-story- First Sanji's still not having a good time even when he's under the influence of Kamabakka's nature < (wheezing laugh) and now we get to Robin who's planning to attack Tequilla Wolf. I wonder how she's gonna get out of those seastone chains?
Doesn't Robin have the keys in her mouth though? Speaking of Robin, she's looking sexy as usual...even in the prison garb.

As for the chapter itself, gotta love Magellan strutting his stuff. The guy continues to prove why he's the head honcho, and he's not wasting time about it either. The whole chapter was good fun for me and definitely looking forward to the next.
Old 2009-06-05, 22:36   Link #72
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

This chapter was not bad at all. Good to see Number 3 steping up to the plate. So far the one piece as a pretty good pace to its story telling and its good.

I know this is a little off subject but Commodore Smoker would make a great addition to the three supreme Admirals. Smoker is a logia user and if he could learn to harness his abilities just as affective as Crocodile, Akokiji and Kizaru he would be pretty unstoppable.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-06-05 at 22:56. Reason: for got to add a thought
Old 2009-06-05, 23:38   Link #73
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Mr 3 can stall Magellan long enough for the rest to escape, they're actually the same type of Paramecia, they secrete substances. Mr 3's wax is more on the defensive side and can be used to bind and hold opponents in place, Magellan's poison is offensive. Mr 3 may actually be able to put up a better fight against Magellan than Iwa and Inazuma.
yep thats what I said, I'm interested in the fact Mr 3 could put up a better fight against Mags than anyone else so far.
Really love how DFs work, in that a super strong one can be hindered by what seems rather weak in comparison, Eniel and Luffy would be good example.
Its not down to simple "AAAARRRRRHHHHH I got loads more hax reserve inner power than you!!"
altho we have Haki here it only shows up in the most strongest characters.

I don't see why some think Luffy making friends is bad, they all have the same goal only natural they band together, Comrades in arms!
plus Luffy has always been good at getting through to people in way, its exactly like Mr 3 says "There's something sickeningly infectious about that optisim of yours"
Old 2009-06-06, 00:45   Link #74
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal
This chapter was boring..In a nutshell it was "Go on ahead Luffy, We'll get our ***** kicked for your sake because you are the main character!!!"

I hope Magellan's plan involving the battleships is to move those Marine Battleships so Luffy [who has ADD BTW] won't make it to the execution.

Crap chapter was crap....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana
This arc has definitely placed itself as the worst arc in the entire manga (which is still not terrible because almost the entire manga is excellent).

Boring chapter, and doesn't ring true to me.

Usually no matter what crazy stuff happens, it rings true somehow, but not this.

What has Luffy done for Mr 3 to act like that for him? After just leaving him behind? Not to mention his line about optimism felt off for him.

The fights seemed like Oda just wanted to get through them fast, which was actually good because it would have been even more boring to watch them longer.

Everything about this arc just feels forced.

It did sound to me like Magellan wants the ships to leave so Luffy's group can't take one.
I agree with this, but the biggest problem I'm having with this Impel Down Arc is this whole "Magellan Is a bada$$ deal." OK I get the picture, either set up the final clash with him, or move on to something else.

Maybe this arc ain't as big in my eyes for its overshadowed completely by the upcoming war, filled with characters Oda doesn't or didn't want to share with us readers for years. That's the only excuse I can make for this Arc, being bad and not feces.
Old 2009-06-06, 01:05   Link #75
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

There's always two sides, you see the good, or you see the bad side.

The difference is, those who see the good gets to enjoy, those who see the bad, fail to enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I don't see why some think Luffy making friends is bad, they all have the same goal only natural they band together, Comrades in arms!
plus Luffy has always been good at getting through to people in way, its exactly like Mr 3 says "There's something sickeningly infectious about that optisim of yours"
Why are some people natural born leaders? He has to have some form of charisma and attitude that attracts people, or makes people feel confident around him. Someone who has ambition, someone whose words make you feel that he is confident and serious in what he wants to do, no matter how outrageous that dream is. The word is Haki.

One who has the right ambitious will, will to attract people with a common goal towards him. And those against the ambition, will be afraid of that overwhelming determination. This is Haki.

In the 3 Kingdoms, in the Sengoku stories, generals are selected for their Haki, which makes them charismatic leaders. Their Haki raises their armies' 'toushi', 'fighting spirit'.

Luffy's enemies who were once against him, are now on his side, because they have a common goal of escaping Impel Down. They are in awe of his outrageousness and determination, and yes, like Mr 3 had expressed, they find his optimism strangely attractive. That is how Haki works in your side, like how Luffy's spirit binds his crew, his Nakama together.

And Luffy has the strongest form of Haki, a king's Haki. A ruler is one who has a vision and charisma that people can look up to, when he speaks people would like to listen, where he goes, people would follow. And when he heads down the battle field, the enemies will be intimidated, he has the will to dominate over others.

Old 2009-06-06, 01:22   Link #76
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

I wish the good of this chapter was crystal clear, and that my lens weren't so fogged up by the crap of the chapter, so that I can actually see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960
I know this is a little off subject but Commodore Smoker would make a great addition to the three supreme Admirals. Smoker is a logia user and if he could learn to harness his abilities just as affective as Crocodile, Akokiji and Kizaru he would be pretty unstoppable.
I agree, maybe Somker will take the spot of Red Dog whenever he is beaten, and now that you mention it, I don't think we've ever seen the full extent of Smokers power, who knows he may already have Admiral level power.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-06-06 at 02:34. Reason: The edit funtion......what a wonderful toy.
Old 2009-06-06, 03:06   Link #77
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If things have to be crystal clear to be good, the world would just be dull.

We're looking at the same things here, yet we are able to enjoy the good. Why? The word is appreciation.

Knowing how to appreciate means having the ability to realise the good of something, its worth, even if its an uncut diamond that's totally dull and far from crystal clear. When you know how to appreciate, you know how to let the pros outweigh the cons, but of course you must already have the ability to see the pros even if its covered by the cons.

Learning how to appreciate will allow you to enjoy. You don't blame a diamond for looking dull, you blame yourself for not having the skill to cut it shiny.

Old 2009-06-06, 03:49   Link #78
james0246

^Your analogy is a bit...ill-tempered. While I am firmly in the same boat (the 'Impel Down is not bad' Boat ), that doesn't mean that there are not problems with the arc (by no means is Impel Down a favourite arc of mine). So, rather than arguing that someone's appreciation is not sufficient to enjoy the story, instead you should address their points of contention, and present a valid argument to counter their position. Otherwise, following your logic, you are no better than Phenomenal (pardon me for picking on you) rudely commenting that someone lacks "reading comprehension skills" and then using this as a false argument to end a discussion.
Old 2009-06-06, 03:55   Link #79
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes I fully acknowledge that I'm same as them, because that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm putting myself in the same perspective on how they view things, showing them what they are like.

Like I said, all things have their good and bad, its merely different sides of the same coin. I'm as 'good' as they are 'bad'

But the difference between the sides is of course, by viewing and appreciating the good side, you get to enjoy, by viewing and getting bothered by the bad side, you fail to enjoy.

Opposite of appreciation is criticism. The ability to appreciate brings out the good, criticism brings out the bad. By weighing good over bad points, you appreciate. By doing the opposite, you criticise.

I'm critiscising their way of appreciation, I'm not looking at the good points. Erm their good points? I don't know, they say criticism promotes discussion, and that's exactly what we're doing.

Old 2009-06-06, 04:03   Link #80
james0246

^While I do not agree that the opposite of appreciation is criticism (I did get a degree in Film Theory and Criticism after all, and I didn't get the degree because of any lack of appreciation for the medium ), I do have to admit I am interested to see if you can sink as low as your "opponents" and whether anyone will learn anything from such a lesson...
Closed Thread