Notices

Old 2008-11-01, 18:56   Link #121
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that...

Spoiler for ep. 4:

Another timeline update...

Spoiler for space conservation only:

Does it look like 2 different train lines are being used? Otarumi Pass, Mitaka, Hachiiouji, Kanako's accident,Akishima and Tanashi were along the Mitaka-Takao section whereas Choufu and Noborito were along the Tokyo-Mitaka section. Maybe the one killer is taunting the police.

Last edited by orion; 2008-11-02 at 07:10.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 02:12   Link #122
Thingle
Banned

I wonder what her sister's reaction might be if she sees her limbless.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 04:34   Link #123
orion

So...

Spoiler for ep.4:

And...

Spoiler for ep.4:

Last edited by orion; 2008-11-02 at 05:05.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 20:14   Link #124
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Does anyone believe that Sekiguchi is a copycat killer?
It would be too obvious since they basically showed it as if this was the case so early in the series. But I am still way too confused to be in a position to make any educated guesses, let alone theories. But I still harbour an irrational suspicion of Youko. After hearing Yoriko's story she thinks she has seen the black attired guy? Sounds fishy to me...

I think the most memorable part of episode four was Yoriko getting even creepier. I mean when she talked about Kanako becoming an angel

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 20:26   Link #125
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I think the most memorable part of episode four was Yoriko getting even creepier. I mean when she talked about Kanako becoming an angel
Kanako is Yoriko's next life or some similar stuff. So I guess becoming an angel means that Yoriko will have a happy next life as well as dying before she become corrupt (before becoming an adult; age and wither). Yoriko pushing Kanako to her possible death and Kanako's ascension assured both in Yoriko's eyes. She's quite looney to me right now.
Old 2008-11-03, 02:03   Link #126
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
It would be too obvious since they basically showed it as if this was the case so early in the series. But I am still way too confused to be in a position to make any educated guesses, let alone theories. But I still harbour an irrational suspicion of Youko. After hearing Yoriko's story she thinks she has seen the black attired guy? Sounds fishy to me...

It is an abduction/serial killer story. It just happened that some of the people involved are fascinated by spiritual things (we aren't even sure of their involvement). So focus on the facts and discard these angel tales.
Old 2008-11-06, 02:23   Link #127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
It is an abduction/serial killer story. It just happened that some of the people involved are fascinated by spiritual things (we aren't even sure of their involvement). So focus on the facts and discard these angel tales.
It's looking more to me as if the answer will be material rather than spiritual, but I'm still not ruling anything out. In ep4, Yoriko's mad look when she spoke of Kanako ascending made me think they were trying to tell us she was just crazy. But I still can't figure out a plausible way of abducting Kanako, especially since the evil blonde doctor doesn't appear to have been a party to it.
Spoiler for ep5:
Anyway, color me pleasantly confused.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 16:05   Link #128
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Just watched all 4 episodes and jeez, this anime is confusing O.O
In fact, "confusion" is the sub-name. I really tried to understand it but didn't get farther than what the picture was showing.
The whole thing about people being murdered and put into boxes reminds me a LOT of Sai from Majin Tenten Neugami Neuro.
Since I don't like Aero, I'll rewatch it if a better group picks it up or if Ureshii catches up to try and catch things I probably missed.
Old 2008-11-14, 00:45   Link #129
Thingle
Banned

What happens in ep 6? Has anyone watched the raw?
Old 2008-11-14, 05:49   Link #130
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Having seen up to episode 4, one of the best things about this series is its choice of period setting. Japan in the fifties is such an interesting time and place as the entire country was in something of a state of flux, particularly culture-wise, with the growing influence of the West just after the war and the conflict with traditional Japanese culture. It's an idea that was addressed overtly in the first episode and then again in ep 4, but it seems to me that this idea of traditionalism v modern Westernism and Japan's interpretation of it is one that the Japanese still really grapple with to this day (at least if their media is any indication). Kure-nai is a recent work that immediately comes to mind that explores this idea. So far this is teasing us with a possible exploration of this theme. We know it's going to happen, we've seen the hints of it and it's pretty much stuck it's probe in a time and place where the signal is at its strongest.

It looks like the idea of Japan's emergence as an economic power is on the cards as well. There's this rather obvious linkage between this and the cultural impact of an open, international Japan in ep 4 when the scene segues from a shot of an array of chimney stacks blowing smoke into the air to a chaotic red light district at night. There's an irony, and real power about the shot of the chimney stacks, considering what we know now but they probably didn't know then, about the environmental impact of blowing all that dirty smoke into the air. It's a topical example that serves as a reminder of how commonly held views about something can change so drastically over just a few decades.

The story itself is really interesting, even if the mystery is holding the cards very close to its chest. There's a real meticulous analytical feel about how the mystery is being processed by Detective Kiba. I love the stark contract between him and Yoriko, he's so logical and she's so emotional. They're on such different wavelengths that they can barely communicate with each other. The war trauma at the crux of Kiba's character is an interesting one, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they make of it. It is a bit convenient that he's dealing with nightmares about the war and could possibly be involved in a case involving research into super soldiers (a kettle of fish in itself; let's hope this show makes more of that idea than Nijuu Mensou no Musume could), but I'm okay with forgiving the occasional contrivance (as long as it doesn't get to a certain level).

I'm liking what I'm seeing in this show so far. The set up for a serial murder mystery is perfect, the atmosphere is absorbing and there's numerous interesting themes in play. There could be more to these characters, but the hooks are there for some probing character analyses here and there. Hopefully the answers we get will do the initial mystery justice (too often with mystery anime the answers are anticlimactic).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 09:54   Link #131
Matrim

Almost a month later and one more episode watched I am probably even more confused than I was before. First half of the episode was in my opinion needlessly long, second part was pretty much dialogue only. I am not sure if it was my imagination or the subs but I think it was implied Youko was actually Kanako's mother, not sister? Whatever the case is, if Kanako dies she probably will inherit the money, so I am even more suspicious of her. I am also interested how the hell are they going to prove who Kanako's father is without DNA tests.

Old 2008-11-27, 10:05   Link #132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Almost a month later and one more episode watched I am probably even more confused than I was before. First half of the episode was in my opinion needlessly long, second part was pretty much dialogue only.
Yeah, waiting a while for subs doesn't help this show. I was a little lost at the start, though finding out the first half was just a story being told i felt alright. I do agree that the first half went on for a little to long just to prove a point when he could have been done in just a few minutes.

What a character Kyougokudou is --- very awesome. I'm guessing he has some kind of mind reading ability.
Old 2008-11-27, 16:13   Link #133
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What a character Kyougokudou is --- very awesome. I'm guessing he has some kind of mind reading ability.
Possibly or it could be something not supernatural at all. I really think this show is purposely trying to confuse us about what is real and what's not. And throw in Sekiguchi's novel (I think that is what he is writing) and it gets even more confusing. But I have to admit I am really enjoying it. And I am really happy that the 5th episode was finally subbed. I hope the next couple come out soon as well.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:42   Link #134
orion

Quote:
I am also interested how the hell are they going to prove who Kanako's father is without DNA tests.
HLA typing or rare family blood type possibly. Maybe the testing was already done. The lawyer didn't strke me as being completely truthful.
Old 2008-11-29, 08:25   Link #135
Kogura

Well i have finished watching Ep 07-08. With my basic understanding of Japanese, here is small summary for both eps.

in Ep07
Spoiler:

in Ep08

Spoiler:
Kogura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 05:58   Link #136
Kikoto

Seeing this show to ep8.
Spoiler:
Kikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 14:51   Link #137
Kikoto

I just saw raw of ep 9
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kikoto; 2008-12-03 at 04:08.
Old 2008-12-04, 01:08   Link #138
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikoto View Post
I just saw raw of ep 9
Spoiler:
But Kanako IIRC....

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-10, 15:34   Link #139
Kikoto

I still think Kanako is alive,I think that our mysterious man just cut her arms and legs so he could easily move her around in some bigger box,seems she is a bit special for him,like a final masterpiece or something more which will be revealed in last episodes.

As for episode 10.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-16, 19:19   Link #140
Matrim

OK, please tell me something happens in the next episodes. Episodes 5 and 6 were as if taken from a whole different series than 1-4, so much talking about things which could have been said in much less time. OK, the second half of the episode was an exposition need for the overall plot of the series but the first half was quite a snorefest apart from Kyougokudou being really cool. Oh, and the cat, too.

Tags
clamp, horror, madhouse, supernatural