AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 00:29   Link #1
Falkor

Manga no Tsukurikata

manga by HIRAO Auri and serialized in Comic Ryu. still on-going with 14 chapters so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-U
This manga is about a girl who debuted as a mangaka at the age of 13, but no longer has any work as a mangaka at the age of 19. She decides to once again be a mangaka after reading manga by someone named Sachi and since girls love and boys love is currently popular she decides to go out with a girl coworker named Morishita who is in love with her to gain experience for her manga. However, she finds out that Morishita is Sachi!
Link.

a few comments:

I recently read all 14 chapters available in one sit---yeah, I've come to really like this one. The first few chapters had bit of a rough feeling, especially with the artwork and the character designs---I wouldn't be surprised if this is the mangaka's first work; however, it has been progressively getting better, if not more consistent and defined. I usually pay more attention to the character designs (and the artwork) since that pretty much determines how much I'm going to enjoy a particular work, and although it has been a bit odd at times (not sure if this is the right way to say it), the style created as result is very unique in my opinion---when an interesting, if not attractive contrast has been created in the two main characters, a cute and young-looking Morishita, and a more mature-looking senpai.

The laid-back feel somehow works to portray the mundane lives of these two mangakas. Humor is almost non-existent as consequence, but it doesn't make the manga any less enjoyable in my opinion. it's slow-paced and not much really happens---considering the story and its slight nature as slice-of-life, it's not all that surprising. The relationship of the two characters grows very subtly in this environment, and although the changes are not very noticeable, you just know after 10 chapters that they have become a bit closer. There are some very interesting visual cues portraying this subtle development and has made the experience of reading this manga more enjoyable and appealing to me.

I didn't want to make a pseudo-review, but it just came out this way.

anyway, the main reason I picked up this manga was because of the yuri label---and I love yuri. :P

I really like this title, but the laid-back nature and the rough feel may not be eveyrone's cup-of-tea.

Last edited by Falkor; 2009-07-22 at 12:11.
Old 2009-07-05, 01:11   Link #2
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

...and i thought i am the only one interest in this manga in the whole manga community :P

First thing: even the time in the manga fly fast (1 whole year take few ch) the pace is slow and it's kind of slice-of-life, with manga drawing elements. So there were moments when i feels frustrating at the unprogressed romance (at first i thought this manga is in this genre). The connection of panels also can be confused once in a while, so may required to be read several times before things start to connect

However as the story process, and more chapters available to read, the developments can be seen slowly. The slice of life elements also start to become enjoyable when you can get along with it (past chapters that i felt that have nothing in it, start to feel kind of fun when reread again). Also the art and character's face expression is excellent, (a flashback of younger Asuka is clearly looks more childish and less mature)

I like this manga so much that it's now one of my favourite manga. It had a good start so a good build up and ending would immediately make this manga a masterpiece
Old 2009-07-14, 22:55   Link #3
Falkor

yeah, it's currently one of my favorites too. :3

it's strange that a year had just flied, because it doesn't give that impression when everything progresses so slowly. the relationship between the two females also moves at a very slow pace, but it doesn't mean their feelings would remain stagnant as I had initially thought they would. Asuka has started to warm up to Morishita, or she's already warmed to her---no longer does she seem to be using "this experience" just to create manga, but to explore and discover the feelings Morishita has for her. The story develops their careers along with their relationship---and both aspects are very interesting in my opinion, but both are also intrinsically important. In this process of helping and supporting each other, it is that their relationship is developed. While it does take a few chapters to start noticing this growth and even if after a year of manga-time the relationship would look in the same way as it had started, you can perceive that there's something very mutual and tender now connecting the two. it seems to me they are not consciously aware of it (though they are unconsciously clinging to each other :P), but that's exactly its charm. it's a relationship that is built mutually and tenderly, where just spending time together (which I believe is very important for them) and taking small steps at a time are not necessarily a bad thing---all the opposite, I must say (and especially for this kind of romance :P). And this so happens to be the main reason why I'm so fond of the yuri genre and this title in particular, for how it approaches a relationship or their feelings in a manner that is very subtle and subdue---through simple things that make their lives feel more mundane, but also exciting.

for some strange reason, I found chapter 3 to be very funny. I didn't know how much of a role Asuka's brother was going to play (and he doesn't seem to play much of a role afterwards), but all I could think of after I finished reading was how much it sucked to be him, lol---yeah, sort of pitiful his situation... XD though I was glad to discover that Morishita had eyes only for Asuka, and thus her feelings were not fake.

I also liked that one chapter where Asuka was behind her schedule and couldn't concentrate. oh the shock in her face... priceless, just priceless! she still couldn't finish her draft, though XD... but it showed us that Asuka is a person who truly cares for Morishita, especially in that situation where she was seriously worried.
Old 2009-09-03, 20:54   Link #4
Falkor

chapters 14-15

the author of this manga is just as lazy as Asuka.

chapter 14 was surprisingly funny. They finally went on a date, or should I say, we finally see them on another date. I can somehow relate to Asuka's situation, for trying to spend time with Morishita when she had some other stuff to do (more or less important). but it's so nice to see her going along with it, even though she, in so doing, had less time to finish her work before the deadline (and for the obvious reasons :P).

While reading this chapter, I sort of wondered whether Morishita knew of Asuka's deadline. she did noticed something wrong with her and asked her about it... but whatever the case, we all know that a girl like Morishita needs to be selfish sometimes, especially for this kind of relationship. :P

and Takeda-san is just as sharp as always. she said some very interesting stuff, especially with regards to Asuka's and Morishita's relationship---and she was very blunt about it. is Asuka in self-denial, or has she not realized her feelings, yet? ---why do I get the feeling a storm is coming? :P
Old 2009-09-03, 22:02   Link #5
coren

Personally I'd like to see Morishita dump Asuka and hook up with Takeda
Old 2010-03-14, 11:23   Link #6
Gladi

Bright day
Wow, the manga is sooo popular...

The relation has definately moved forward by now, though happy end is not yet on books yet, now coems the hard part.

One thing I enjoyed in chapter 22 was how Morishita called Kawaguchi tsundere as first impulse.
Old 2010-03-14, 12:56   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@ Coren: NEVAAA!! Morishita is belonged to Asuka-senpai

Chapter 22 is both cute and hilarious, isn't it....? Especially the "tsundere" and "yandere".....
Old 2010-03-14, 12:57   Link #8
coren

It's funny, I like the art of this manga, but I've never been able to make sense of the story. Kawaguchi in particular is an enigma. Aside from irritation and impatience, she rarely shows any strong emotion towards anything or anyone, nor displays much outward sign that she enjoys being with Morishita.

In the latest chapter she's agonizing over how to express to Morishita that she loves her. She kind of succeeds by using another manga analogy, but when Morishita starts crying she doesn't understand why. She's unwilling to be physically affectionate, and still won't tell Morishita directly that she loves her.

As a reader I just don't understand her. What does she want out of their relationship? Does she want a friend, a kohai, a lover? Is she satisfied with their current relationship? Is she just very unemotional by nature, or is she insecure, repressed, unsure of her own feelings, etc.?

I hope this latest chapter is a sign that their relationship is progressing, but I won't be surprised if it's back to business as usual next chapter.
Old 2010-03-14, 13:25   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by coren View Post
It's funny, I like the art of this manga, but I've never been able to make sense of the story. Kawaguchi in particular is an enigma. Aside from irritation and impatience, she rarely shows any strong emotion towards anything or anyone, nor displays much outward sign that she enjoys being with Morishita.

In the latest chapter she's agonizing over how to express to Morishita that she loves her. She kind of succeeds by using another manga analogy, but when Morishita starts crying she doesn't understand why. She's unwilling to be physically affectionate, and still won't tell Morishita directly that she loves her.

As a reader I just don't understand her. What does she want out of their relationship? Does she want a friend, a kohai, a lover? Is she satisfied with their current relationship? Is she just very unemotional by nature, or is she insecure, repressed, unsure of her own feelings, etc.?

I hope this latest chapter is a sign that their relationship is progressing, but I won't be surprised if it's back to business as usual next chapter.
I think Kawaguchi was just confused during this chapter since that moment in Tokyo. Up to now she has been casual about their relationship and did not actually look for a progress. But now both her and Morishita started running out of patience to stay in their little and nice comfort zone. Therefor surely their relationship will shift, for better or for worse
Old 2010-03-14, 13:40   Link #10
coren

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think Kawaguchi was just confused during this chapter since that moment in Tokyo. Up to now she has been casual about their relationship and did not actually look for a progress. But now both her and Morishita started running out of patience to stay in their little and nice comfort zone. Therefor surely their relationship will shift, for better or for worse
I hope so. Then maybe we will finally find out what Morishita's first name is. Or is Sachi her real name as well as her pen name?
Old 2010-03-14, 14:27   Link #11
Gladi

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Chapter 22 is both cute and hilarious, isn't it....? Especially the "tsundere" and "yandere".....
It totally is in that part.

Also I do not think that the manga has been shown to be discarding its development. There has not been much of it or much of reference to it- but I do get some feel of continuity from the manga.
Old 2010-04-10, 20:49   Link #12
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

And.... chapter 23 gave us some progress at last.....

Go read it, people, so i won't have to spoil anything xD
Old 2010-04-13, 03:07   Link #13
Gladi

Well, progress it is - though i find it bit sad that after twenty chapters and in-manga two years this is the progress. But I do feel this chapter was good to allow something to end and something to start.
Old 2010-05-08, 05:42   Link #14
Gladi

Well... progress...

I am disapointed in this chapter (24), it is not like I am much of a buying customer, still that is my honest opnion. My hopes are being dashed; I will check the next chapter and see if there is any continuing will for me to read this manga.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:58   Link #15
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Sorry , i found the last two chapters hilarious. I means seriously how can it be more fun

It's totally off the slow pace in the beginning. Those who dropped this manga should give it a try again ^^

Tags
seinen, slice of life, yuri