Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 18:18   Link #301
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
like say a Rallyer (Rally Love/Strength/Speed/Magic),
No. If you're going to make a Rally user, it should be either the Avatar, their child, or a Spotpass/DLC character. Rally Spectrum is far too good to go without if you're going to devote a unit to the idea anyway.

Quote:
Severa - Lon'qu by a frigging mile. Makes her the best Swordsmaster in the game if you wanna use the swordsmaster exclusive weapons, or a very decent Wyvern Lord due to high SPD + access to Bow+tomebreaker, essentially negating the flying weakeness.
Vehemently disagree here. Vaike makes her the best Hero in the game, and Ragnell > Swordmaster weapons. Also gives her access to better defense, axes, and MUCH higher strength, which still being pretty damned fast. Plus, blonde.

Quote:
Kjelle - It's either Gaius or Donnel, as I realized in my first playthrough that Dragonstones+ are buyable, while A-rank weapons are not. And as such Kjelle makes more use of Donnel as a father than Nah
Which A-rank weapons? Like Brave weapons? You can buy them.

Quote:
Morgan - Chrom is best by default due to Lucina needing Avatar, or Tharja due to Noire having crap base classes
As far as first gen goes, I agree. However, you can make him/her the best in anything by pairing with a 2nd gen. So this one's just whatever.

Quote:
Noire - probably the most useless child, as Archer/Dark Mage/Knight combination is so WTF. So either Avatar to rectify the above problem, or give her Virion so you can have a 'support taxi cab' (ie. Griffon Rider with Deliverer/Dual Guard/Anathema/Bow Breaker/Tome Breaker) or another Sorcerer with access to Tomefaire
Sounds like you're almost making the same mistake I did initially. She makes a great healer, which I originally forgot to plan for.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:26   Link #302
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...does anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable going into this with a pokemon breeder mentality ? I know I do...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:31   Link #303
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ yeah, i was like that as well on my first play. i was thinking who should i marry whom to
and all these stats for the children. who is a good breeding for whom. which skills to pass
down the children. blah blah blad...tidal wave!

you shouldnt worry too much about matching/breeding on normal. you can start thinking about it on
your lunatic and lunatic+ mode for the best results and OP babies from the future.
Old 2013-03-11, 19:07   Link #304
GDB

Oh, and forgot to say: Swordmasters are useless in the endgame. Assassins have better strength, skill, and speed stats, plus have access to bows. Only thing Swordmasters have on them is defense, but you shouldn't be getting hit anyway, and the difference in defenses aren't enough to overcome ridiculous strength hits.
Old 2013-03-11, 19:08   Link #305
Shadow5YA

Well... back in FE4 you kind of had to plan your marriages properly or the 2nd generation would be too weak for you to survive. But it's okay... it's to save the world!

But yeah, for this game there's no need to worry about min/maxing if you're on Normal or Hard. Lunatic and Lunatic+ however expects you to take full advantage of grinding, Second Seal reclassing, and proper Pair Up combinations to survive. The early chapters are a bit rocky, but after that either you steamroll them or they steamroll you. No inbetween.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 22:56   Link #306
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is there any way to reliably get seals? I have a whole bunch of characters getting ready to be promoted/reclass soon, but not a seal in sight.
Old 2013-03-12, 22:58   Link #307
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is there any way to reliably get seals? I have a whole bunch of characters getting ready to be promoted/reclass soon, but not a seal in sight.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-12, 23:41   Link #308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I've read about that as well... But no other way before that ?

I guess I shouldn't have taken all those Anna merchants for granted
Old 2013-03-13, 02:20   Link #309
Xacual

Quote:
I've read about that as well... But no other way before that ?

I guess I shouldn't have taken all those Anna merchants for granted
Yeah chapter 13 I think is when you get Master Seal purchases and then chapter 16 or 17 is Second Seals. Though I think some of the "children" paralogues also sell Seals so you can get Second Seals after chapter 13 too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 02:58   Link #310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah chapter 13 I think is when you get Master Seal purchases and then chapter 16 or 17 is Second Seals. Though I think some of the "children" paralogues also sell Seals so you can get Second Seals after chapter 13 too.
WHAT?! You mean I have to wait even longer before getting stable supply of Second Seals ?!
Old 2013-03-13, 03:18   Link #311
Xacual

Quote:
WHAT?! You mean I have to wait even longer before getting stable supply of Second Seals ?!
Well Second Seals are what you have to use for switching promoted classes to other promoted classes too. So you'll rarely use Master Seals later on.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 08:00   Link #312
GDB

Quote:
Severa and, I think, Inigo's maps sell second seals as well once you clear them. Severa's is the easier of the two. Just keep a staff user near the beginning to rescue Severa away from imminent danger and proceed slowly and you should be able to clear it without too much hassle.

Without rescue staffs, however...
Old 2013-03-13, 08:05   Link #313
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Speaking of Severa, you just reminded me- I now slightly regretted not paying attention to the '2nd Gen' characters earlier.... Not so much because of the stats, but some of the '1st Gen' characters I've ignored have some interesting children But now it's going to be a pain in the arse to train them for support just for that...
Old 2013-03-13, 13:22   Link #314
Alchemist007
*Author

I don't get to play often enough, I'm on chp 6 but I'm just waltzing about fighting the random people that show up on the map. Almost got cremated by one which was just a shitload of the armored Kellam guys (knights?). Had to rely on my only strong magic type (avatar) to kill them all. Never really used Vaike so the hammer in his hands isn't much since he'll get killed in 2 turns. Miriel wasn't quite strong enough either but I'm working on that.
Old 2013-03-13, 16:10   Link #315
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Speaking of Severa, you just reminded me- I now slightly regretted not paying attention to the '2nd Gen' characters earlier.... Not so much because of the stats, but some of the '1st Gen' characters I've ignored have some interesting children But now it's going to be a pain in the arse to train them for support just for that...
Down, sword hand!
Old 2013-03-13, 23:53   Link #316
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

About the scissor-paper-stone relationship between the three weapons... Is there really any distinct advantage one has over the other? Is is worth training weapon skills for guys that can wield multiple?
Old 2013-03-14, 03:39   Link #317
Shadow5YA

Quote:
About the scissor-paper-stone relationship between the three weapons... Is there really any distinct advantage one has over the other? Is is worth training weapon skills for guys that can wield multiple?
Sword > axe > lance

For general stats, swords generally have the lowest Mt but have the highest Hit, while Axes have the highest Mt but the lowest Hit. Lances are naturally in between: stronger than swords but weaker than axes, and less accurate than swords but more accurate than axes.

However, generally your units will have a high enough Skill stat along with supports to boost your hit rate to where you should have accurate hit rates even with Axes. Having a high rank mastery in a weapon also boosts hit rate. Therefore, the best melee weapon (assuming you have a choice) would most likely be axes, because they deal the most damage and there are plenty of other ways to boost your hit rate to where accuracy should never be an issue.

As for "unique" weapons, Swords have Armorslayers, the Lord-exclusive Rapier, and Wyrmslayers. As some of the names imply, Armorslayer deals super effective damage (triple Mt value) on armored units (Knight, General and Great Knight). Wyrmslayer deals effective damage on Manaketes, Wyvern Knights and Wyvern Lords. Rapier deals effective damage on any mounted units (Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Pegasus Knight, Dark Flier, Griffon Knight, Bow Knight) and armored units. There is also the Falchions, which also deal effective damage on dragon units.
Lances have the Beast Killer, which does effective damage on Taguels and mounted classes.
Axes have Hammers, which deal effective damage on armored units.

When you check the information of each unit, they may have a symbol that shows what "type" of unit they are classified as. For example, a brown horse symbol signifies they are a mounted unit and therefore weak against weapons effective against them. A white winged horse symbol signifies they are a flying unit and therefore weak to Bows, Wind magic, and any weapon effective against flying units. A green dragon head signifies they are a dragon unit and weak against weapons effective on dragons. A grey helmet head refers to armored units.

There is also range to consider. Certain weapons may offer more range than others. Swords are all 1 range only, with the exception of Levin Swords which are 1-2 range and deal Magic damage and Amatsu and Ragnell, which are rare legendary weapons that are harder to come by. Lances have far more 1-2 range options with throwing lances, with common ones being the Javelin, Miniature Lance, Short Spear, and Spear. For 1-2 range weapons, Axes have the Bolt Axe, which like the Levin Sword works off your Mag stat. Physical 1-2 range Axes are the Hand Axe, Short Axe, Tomahawk, and Orsin's Hatchet.
Old 2013-03-14, 03:48   Link #318
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, actually I was just asking about Sword > axe > lance > sword is whether it's worth the trouble to train on multiple skills for character who can to counter other weapon types

But since we're at it- What about magic elements? I see the wind is effective against any flying types, but what about lightning, fire and dark?
Old 2013-03-14, 03:50   Link #319
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Vehemently disagree here. Vaike makes her the best Hero in the game, and Ragnell > Swordmaster weapons. Also gives her access to better defense, axes, and MUCH higher strength, which still being pretty damned fast. Plus, blonde.
Eh... Vaike is better off being Gerome's father so he can pile on more Strength and gain access to Berserker, Warrior, and War Monk's skills. Gerome especially needs Axefaire from a Berserker.

Quote:
Which A-rank weapons? Like Brave weapons? You can buy them.
You can't buy the legendary ones like Ragnell and many others found only through Infinite Regalia DLC.

Quote:
Sounds like you're almost making the same mistake I did initially. She makes a great healer, which I originally forgot to plan for.
Or you pair Tharja up with Ricken for a Mag boost and access to Mage/Sage. She makes a strong mage as well, though not as good as Brady. Make Laurent your healbot.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-03-14 at 04:04.
Old 2013-03-14, 04:03   Link #320
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Wow, actually I was just asking about Sword > axe > lance > sword is whether it's worth the trouble to train on multiple skills for character who can to counter other weapon types

But since we're at it- What about magic elements? I see the wind is effective against any flying types, but what about lightning, fire and dark?
Well... if you're willing to grind then you might as well max out their weapon ranks anyway. However many classes are fine using just one weapon type, primarily because they want the Sword/Axe/Lancefaire skill effect which gives you +5 attack for having the corresponding weapon equipped. If you're wondering which classes learn them, you get Swordfaire from a lv15 Swordmaster, Axefaire from a lv15 Berserker, and Lancefaire from a lv15 Falcon Knight.

Only Wind is effective against flying units. There aren't any units weak to Lightning, Fire, or Dark.

For Tomes you'll notice a Power/Hit rate spread similar to melee weapons: Wind tomes generally have the lowest Mt but highest Hit compared to other elemental tomes of the same rank, then Fire, then Lightning, then Dark.

Dark Tomes are the most powerful tomes in the game for the same reason as Axes and more: highest Mt, and the low Hit isn't an issue on a trained unit with some supports. However, they can only be used by Dark Mages and Sorcerers, unless your unit has the Shadowgift skill, which allows other tome users to use dark tomes. However, the only units that can have it are Aversa, Morgan as the daughter of Aversa, and the DLC characters Micaiah and Katarina. There are also Dark Tomes with unique effects, like Nosferatu, which heals the user for half the damage dealt to the enemy, making a near unkillable mage tank during Enemy Phase, and Waste which acts like a Brave weapon and gives double the attacks.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem