AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-26, 12:00   Link #201
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

wow at this point, it seems like ranka is sheryl x2 and sheryl is just, well......

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-07-26, 12:09   Link #202
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes it's not like the previous previews before haven't thrown people off, I wouldn't be surprised if Brera recalls a few things from his past and that is the real reason for Goodbye sister since it shows Brera and Ranka's past parting.

Ozma being killed off now is a complete waste too.
They could kill him off like they killed off Raramia, and bring him back a couple episodes later.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:18   Link #203
mike_s_6

Sheryl actually gained as a character in my eyes (what really upped is my impression of whoever made the character of Sheryl, but that point is moot). She's a main character, but unlike our old fashioned Cinderella stories, she starts off being high up there, is now losing almost everything she has right in the middle of the story, and is still attempting to keep her composure. Ranka has been following such a common, predictable character plot, which makes her very uninteresting to me.

Out of the men, I'm starting to like Michael more than any other. I like men who could read minds (of women at that!). I suppose it's a skill.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:21   Link #204
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yet, of all the minds read by Mikhail, he can't read Quran's...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:22   Link #205
mike_s_6

^ Ahahaha, the irony Perhaps he could, he's just playing with her :P
Old 2008-07-26, 12:26   Link #206
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
^ Ahahaha, the irony Perhaps he could, he's just playing with her :P
I don't know, episode 9 sort of convinced me that Mike is pretty clueless.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:52   Link #207
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Oh come on, the whole 'older women' deal just reeks of overcompensating for the fact he can't deal he's in love with a girl that looks 10 give the boy a break.

He can always macronize, I guess...
Old 2008-07-26, 12:54   Link #208
Wesley84

So, did Basara cause a generation of men to go gay or was that just the one guy?
Old 2008-07-26, 13:23   Link #209
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So, did Basara cause a generation of men to go gay or was that just the one guy?
you didn't by chance used to post on MW as AgentOne did you?
Old 2008-07-26, 13:25   Link #210
Zhaozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
That meeting with the boss didn't seem significant at all. However, I doubt we heard everything of that conversation. During the episode, he referred to Michael as being very intuitive. Then he said "Fold Quartz, huh.." or something like that. I'm sure that came from the "nothing" conversation with the boss, which we didn't get a glimpse of.
His boss said something that excited him and fired him up, but of which we may have caught only a glimpse. Gentlemen, we have been teased
Old 2008-07-26, 14:15   Link #211
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaozhou View Post
His boss said something that excited him and fired him up, but of which we may have caught only a glimpse. Gentlemen, we have been teased
I don't think he said anything, besides Fold Quartz and his lame dream.

You know what I really hate? The fact they're being so god-awful tightfisted with details and they probably won't be able to justify it for shit.
Old 2008-07-26, 15:33   Link #212
Zhaozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I don't think he said anything
10 on 1 we will have a further flashback from this conversation
Quote:
and his lame dream.
How can his dream be lame? He got all he wanted from life, now he wants to do the impossible. Bilrer is the man
Quote:
You know what I really hate?
Being nice?
Quote:
The fact they're being so god-awful tightfisted with details and they probably won't be able to justify it
So you hate a probability? Could be worse, you could hate being wrong, because that's a probability as well
Quote:
for shit.
My my, you are the colorful one, I see
Old 2008-07-26, 15:40   Link #213
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaozhou View Post
10 on 1 we will have a further flashback from this conversation
Hasn't happened yet. Of course the Macross writers haven't really shown a talent for putting an actual conversation together so...

Quote:
How can his dream be lame? He got all he wanted from life, now he wants to do the impossible. Bilrer is the man
It's not a big deal. Or at least there's no need to be so tight-lipped about it.

Quote:
Being nice?
I'm very nice on a personal basis.

Quote:
So you hate a probability? Could be worse, you could hate being wrong, because that's a probability as well
I hate hype and that's all Frontier's running on; hype and lots of it. Hence the millions of references to past series. I have alot of doubts they'll actually be able to end this series without falling back on the tried and true method of blowing the shit out of everything.

Quote:
My my, you are the colorful one, I see
And you're either attempting to be playful or a huge jerk. Which is it?
Old 2008-07-26, 15:40   Link #214
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. As far as dreams go, that one's pretty good. He wants to change his world the way instantaneous communications and fast travel changed ours.

Too bad the conversation was so pointless. I hate it when the main character is shown something, but we're not.
Old 2008-07-26, 15:42   Link #215
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah. As far as dreams go, that one's pretty good. He wants to change his world the way instantaneous communications and fast travel changed ours.
It's not a very original dream though and certainly doesn't justify all the cloak and dagger stuff we've been force fed up til now.
Old 2008-07-26, 15:47   Link #216
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The dream itself? No. The means used to pursue it? Maybe. That's what makes it so damn annoying. We know there was something disturbing in his conversation with Alto, but we don't know what.

This ep made me realize I have something for losers. When Ranka was struggling, I felt sorry for her. Now I feel sorry for Sheryl and the Vajra. Especially the latter: pacified only to get blown up.

Other question: will Sheryl realize that Ranka didn't try to steal Grace? And would rather stay with her old manager? Does Elmo realize Ranka had nothing to do with it either, or does he feel betrayed?
Old 2008-07-26, 16:12   Link #217
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The dream itself? No. The means used to pursue it? Maybe. That's what makes it so damn annoying. We know there was something disturbing in his conversation with Alto, but we don't know what.
Alto's probably bounty hunting Vajra for Fold Quartz processing. That's probably what Briler confided in him, since Alto seems to hate the things, and is too stupid to think otherwise. Why they just can't come out and say it if it's something of that nature is beyond me. It wouldn't matter to me beyond it mattering to other characters in the series who don't know about it.

Quote:
This ep made me realize I have something for losers. When Ranka was struggling, I felt sorry for her. Now I feel sorry for Sheryl and the Vajra. Especially the latter: pacified only to get blown up.
I actually admired Ranka for her struggles, and I'm pleased to see that apparent success hasn't changed her. The Vajra have been fodder for most of the series, this last episode just took it a step further. I feel nothing but frustration for Sheryl's character because the writers seem to be insisting on making her a more significant character than she ought to be.

Quote:
Other question: will Sheryl realize that Ranka didn't try to steal Grace?
I would respect her character more if she didn't and the writers actually had the guts to have her blame Ranka for change.

Quote:
And would rather stay with her old manager? Does Elmo realize Ranka had nothing to do with it either, or does he feel betrayed?
I think he knows it was a government order. I mean, they did have a contract right? It'd probably take the government to null and void it.
Old 2008-07-26, 16:28   Link #218
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Finally watched the gg subs...

* Who's going to stick up for the Vajra? I don't see Alto doing it. RankaXVajra end?
* Even Bobby doesn't get Basara. Disappointing. Bobby -2.
* The Macross military-industrial complex doesn't seem to learn from series to series.
* Aimo deathmix = win. Interesting new lyrics.
* Northern Cross is really growing on me...
* I wonder what Ozma's opinion of the new paint job on the Koenig is...
* Sheryl's crazy violent streak = sexy. I'm shipping skullfairy from here on out.
* Sheryl got hosed by Grace.
* Ranka is now getting hosed by Grace. Poor Elmo. Sheryl needs a new manager...
* The future is so bright, Brera has got to wear shades.
* Really a dark, brooding episode overall. I really liked all the new music.
Old 2008-07-26, 16:32   Link #219
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
* Really a dark, brooding episode overall. I really liked all the new music.
They need to announce the date for OST II pronto.
Old 2008-07-26, 16:35   Link #220
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Basara reference was awesome, funny how the young generation call him outdated =]

Music was awesome.

Sheryl is still getting fed the short end of the stick.... have to love her for the Alto ass kicking and the strong woman complex.. quite sexy

She is pretty useless so far... but I do notice however that her singing has had no contact with the Vajra at all so far, besides the scene with the fold quartz in alto's hands. Even then, it was along with modern day Minmay Ranka Lee.

So we don't know that if the Fairie 9 project failed. Each time Sheryl has taken a backseat in things, either trapped, not at the scene, or drugged. Really getting the vibe that the creators are keeping her significance on the down low, while revealing what we suspected of Ranka since the beginning.