AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 12:47   Link #201
Gryff
England ~_~

Rec is a great series, hope we get a second season.
Brrrrrrrrr I've only just re-registered ( My original reg was just before the wipe and I didn't bother re-regging
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:37   Link #202
DrewGSR

Short and sweet anime. I enjoyed it. I would've liked it to ahve been a full 30 min eps with 13 eps.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 18:00   Link #203
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Nice series really short though but i enjoyed it hope to see a second season
Old 2006-04-11, 19:20   Link #204
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

That was sweet.

I think maybe they should've ended the series at episode 7 though. Episode 8 felt forced, even though 9's scene at the bar was really great.

I hope they don't do a season 2, their story is over. No reason to keep milking it.

Perhaps another short series about something else from the voice acting biz?

edit: Oh yeah, the other thing I thought was that they should definitley recut it as a movie, it flowed pretty well given the constraints, but I think it could REALLY work well as a full length film. Hell, it'd probablly work pretty well as a live action film. And if Aka weren't a voice actress, but a regular actress, I could totally see this as a Hollywood romance flick. They'd probablly cock it up and pick a really handsome dude for Matsumaru though.

Some plots can't support 13 22 minute episodes, "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away"

Last edited by DannoHung; 2006-04-11 at 19:42.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:54   Link #205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmmm, if we get anything else out of REC, it'd just be an expanded remake as a movie I'd prefer rather than a continuation. "Happily for the moment" is a fine way to end it.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:56   Link #206
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
...I hope they don't do a season 2, their story is over. No reason to keep milking it...Some plots can't support 13 22 minute episodes, "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away"
First, I agree totally with your quote. Lots of anime series are too long and too padded. I like it when every episode really counts.

But second, this is just the beginning for the manga. The anime covers volume 1 of the manga, which is at least up to volume 4. I've only read part way into volume 2, but I can assure you that there is more good story there to animate, if they want to. Maybe even better story than this first part. At least there's more of the seiyuus' world.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 23:10   Link #207
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
karou got a frigging point. It's just the start. And while you some animes are too padded, too long winded. The opposite is the same, sometimes it can be a pain when a story takes FOREVER to unwinded.

This isn't either of these things, it's just the beginning. And since thw author got more then one volume of manga out, i do think he's on to something with the continuing story.

But i did find it quite ironic, in the last episode they talked about Onda doing "two cools" which the notes said: "One cool means 13 episodes"
when this very anime was only nine.
Old 2006-04-11, 23:40   Link #208
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Ahh, the Manga. You know, sometimes I forget that most of the anime series are based off of existing properties.

I had assumed given the oddball format of the show that it was a one off.

Well, I suppose if there's more good material then it'd make sense to create more seasons. But I can't help but think that it'd sort of get into the kind of brainless soap opera that I dislike (You know, That "I love you, I hate you, I love you, I hate you" sort of thing.) or the other death knoll for romantic comedy: persistent ambivalence.

But if you say it's good, I guess it's good!
Old 2006-04-11, 23:56   Link #209
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

dammit. your not suppose to agree with me! But granted, i do hate the same stupid Tv soap format. Where everyone love/hate and slept with everyone to make them all related. I have not read the manga, but I don't se why we can't jump a little further into the available volumes. While we all know Animes rarely follow an manga series to the bitter end, I think we can be assured it will stop at a reasonable point. As long as we keep the nice 12min or even 20min format. The short format does grow on you after a while, you get use to the frustration of not being fullfilled by one episode. Kinda fgets you high after afew of those in a period of a few days. Either that, or im really a closet masochist.
Old 2006-04-12, 01:36   Link #210
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
....But I can't help but think that it'd sort of get into the kind of brainless soap opera that I dislike (You know, That "I love you, I hate you, I love you, I hate you" sort of thing.) or the other death knoll for romantic comedy: persistent ambivalence....
Since we're politely flip-flopping around from disagreement to agreement, I'll add that I agree completely about the love-hate-love-hate scenario you just mentioned, and I can't claim that future parts of the manga are entirely free from it. Just that it is done well, and doesn't seem excessive to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 01:43   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suppose most relationships are like that.... (although not necessarily that extreme).

For everytime I've wanted to strangle my wife, there are other times when I'd throw myself on a grenade to protect her ... so I don't know that its brainless so much as the normal ebb and flow of a relationship.

I've ordered the REC series published to date, so am interested in seeing whats up with them post the anime (or what the anime left out).
Old 2006-04-12, 02:03   Link #212
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I don't think I'd ever throw myself on a grenade to save my wife. I might throw her on a grenade to save my son though ....
Old 2006-04-12, 02:45   Link #213
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I don't think I'd ever throw myself on a grenade to save my wife. I might throw her on a grenade to save my son though ....
but .. but... the banana song!

ah I see... the son is not quite ready for market.
Old 2006-04-12, 07:57   Link #214
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone!

Too bad the Manga isn't really being translated by any one (two groups have the first chapter out is all).
Old 2006-04-12, 08:07   Link #215
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

lolol
you lot are terrible, think of the poor grenades

Anyway, back on topic, I'm kinda surprised that no group have really picked it up. I mean it took some time for scanlation groups to do Iketeru Futari after the anime aired, thats a hidden gem.

Maybe, becausee the theme is so....generic that most Scanaltion groups have other more interesting series to do?

Either way, anyone know where i can grab those scanlated chapters?
Old 2006-04-12, 09:52   Link #216
Lost

Hi there! REC had a great ending I have to say, yes, happy for the moment, leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling, especially liked the part at the table in the restaurant. Thruout the series, and here especially, I loved how Aka's emotions showed in her big red eyes. And the later when they embraced outside, I enjoyed the cool blur(?), dappled, glittery effect.

Couldn't help laughing out loud when Matsumaru's stocky friend, the Onda Aka worshipper, finally realised their relationship, and then was dragged away by Aka's manager.. Priceless

Last edited by Lost; 2006-04-12 at 10:06.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:41   Link #217
amonrei

Great ending, yeah. But still i think it's a bit too short. I have the raw manga but bleh, can't read Kanji. XD
amonrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:18   Link #218
Lost

I like short and sweet That way, nothing can go wrong.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:58   Link #219
Gryff
England ~_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Couldn't help laughing out loud when Matsumaru's stocky friend, the Onda Aka worshipper, finally realised their relationship, and then was dragged away by Aka's manager.. Priceless

On that note, who thinks that those two are going to hook up? Maybe a manga reader can spoil us here
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 09:13   Link #220
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

yes yes! spoil us rotten! go on! please?

Im want to know what's next. I hope Aka get some. And as someone once mentioned. Yes, Aka did get some in the first episode, but that was AGES i do think she saved up enough O coupons for some more.

:P

p.S: where did the Suzumiya Haruhi thread go? it's been moved, but where to? i can't find it anywhere

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-04-13 at 09:25.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen