Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-21, 17:50   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Saint October

Production Company: Konami, Studio Comet

Expected Release Date: January 2007

Genre: Fantasy, Drama

Not exactly sure what to expect from the series aside that Studio Comet was involved in some popular series in the past such as Shuffle, School Rumble, Suzuka, Peach Girl and etc. Synopsis is in the following, the courtesy of animenfo:
Whether it is the future or the past… it is the world of fantasy and horror hiding in the shadow of the demon city. In the city, consecutive mysterious incidents that cannot be solved by science have occurred. To solve the incidents, they gather three girl detectives possessing special abilities.

Hayama Kotono. She is an orphan living in a convernt.
Shirafuji Natuski. She is Kotono’s classmate and a pop idol.
Hijiri Misaki. She is a mysterious girl who fights against nightmares of her previous life.

Those who want to bring the Judgment Day to the world.
Those who want to save the world.
Which is justice, and which is evil?

When Kotono encounters a boy who lost his memory, the wheel of the story begins to move but slowly. Then, solving the mysteries, the three girls will confront the fate that will influence the existence of the human beings.
Old 2007-01-02, 02:27   Link #2
eggplant
Eggplant

Anticipating the first episode, airing in 2 days.

In the meantime, I'm listening to the opening song, Wheel of Fortune, sung by Goth Loli Shoujo Tantei Dan (the three protagonists), from the anime version CD handed out at the Winter Comiket. Find out how it sounds here (can't explain anything more than this).

Interestingly enough, the first syllable for the three girls, Kotono, Natsuki, Misaki spell out Konami.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2007-01-31 at 09:36. Reason: Link change
Old 2007-01-02, 03:38   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Interestingly enough, the first syllable for the three girls, Kotono, Natsuki, Misaki spell out Konami.
Coincidence? I think not. Got even more interested in the show after seeing it promoted at the end of the 2nd episode of Rozen Maiden Oveurture. The opening song sounds nice! Looking forward to your take on the first episode.
Old 2007-01-02, 13:29   Link #4
martino
makes no files now

I wonder is the moe characters will be worth watching this...
Old 2007-01-02, 13:48   Link #5
prince leon
red knight

All three of the girls are really cute. I'm interested in seeing their fighting abilities, especially the one with the guns.
Old 2007-01-04, 13:18   Link #6
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-01-04, 15:30   Link #7
cyth
Banned

Spoiler for thoughts on ep 01:
Old 2007-01-05, 18:53   Link #8
mintyfresh
Altoid

I just watched this show yesterday myself, and..

Spoiler for ..is this even a spoiler..?:

I think I'll watch a couple more eps of this.. every now and then.
Old 2007-01-05, 19:33   Link #9
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I just watched it today and as for myself
Spoiler:

I Think i'll watch more Episodes for have a better opinion... But it's not too bad for me...
Old 2007-01-05, 19:43   Link #10
SinsI

I, for once, quite enjoyed it. Got strong vibes of Yume Tsukai from it.
Old 2007-01-05, 20:15   Link #11
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

By my personal rulings I need to give this series "6 episodes or half it's legnth" before I drop it but I'm not holding my breath. I was dissapointed by Akazukin despite liking the characters and this seems no more. It takes more than cute lolis to keep my attention fixed and this episode's flaws far outweighed it's perks. The villains look and sound outright rediculous, which is fine for a camp fest. But the show just reaks of "hey, buy our merchandise" and that's something I tend to hate.
Old 2007-01-05, 23:41   Link #12
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Saw the first episode. While I like the character designs of the girls, the plot seems inexplicably dumb. Unless this changes, I probably won't be watching any more of this.

My full impressions.
Old 2007-01-06, 01:53   Link #13
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

My summary of Episode 1

Just a point to note, Kotono is mine.

*yes, i am a green haired anime gal fan!* Cheers and enjoy.
Old 2007-01-06, 06:04   Link #14
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
The animation quality fell below my expectations, and the voice acting for Kotono and Natsuki was flat, so I don't think I'll be watching any more of Saint October. The opening sequence was kind of cute, but I still can't get over the goopy stuff spewing from planet balls.

OP Lyrics

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-01-06, 07:48   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
first impressions ~ well it wasnt that bad
Spoiler:

animation was about average...but i do find Kotono to be very cute

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-11, 09:41   Link #16
Iroha
miyamoto clan <3

I watched the first episode two days ago and I actually liked it. The girls are so cute, I just want to hug Kotono and Natsuki all the time. ^.^

By the way, thanks for the opening lyrics, Li Jianliang! ^_^
Old 2007-01-11, 13:16   Link #17
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
*Link Deleted*
The Ep 2 Screencaps

Link will be deleted after summary with Screencaps or when Raw out

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2007-01-11 at 16:35. Reason: Raw will out soon and i have to sleep
Old 2007-01-12, 17:04   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Having seen the first two episodes, I enjoyed them but expect to quit after ep3. The wonderful character design of the girls and the little boy might keep me watching, though. The story background is intriguing. And there are some nice humorous aspects. But the stories seem a bit weak to me, at least so far, and the voice acting doesn't do much for me. I look forward to the appearance of a new character played by Kobayashi Yu (Setsuna in Negima).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-01-12, 18:09   Link #19
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Watched the first two eps, on the one hand I thought it was a kid's show (it's scheduled to air at 9 am in a few weeks) but on the other ep 2 had a bunch of oppai jokes (with animation to match) which left me scratching my head. Some of the humour is hit and miss, like in ep 2 with the Reverse Company woman and oppai TV woman beating up that monster that looked like it escaped from the offices of Studio 4c. Odd. Then there's the transformation sequence which is just so yucky and wierd that I can't fathom where they dreamt that thing up from o.O

Anyway I do like Okama's character designs, the strange flying contraptions and the villains (who seemed to have escaped from a pantomine). The animation is okay if nothing special, but quite distinctive especially the backgrounds.

Oh one thing about ep 2 that made me got wtf....

Spoiler for ep2:

Not sure if I'll follow this, but I kind of the like the wierd atmosphere it creates. Like Kaoru Chujo I'll certainly hang around for Misaki to show up as she looks like a moody tomboy.
Old 2007-01-13, 00:19   Link #20
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Episode 2 summary + screenshots

By the way, why is this still under unaired. It's already aired no. By the way, i am

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, loli