Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-13, 14:42   Link #201
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Spoiler for a question in general about the novels:
Yes, Ryuugu-chan, you must choose some options to enter the arc you want to play. For example, At the start, if you try to escape from all the problems, you wind up in Taraimawashi-hen, but if instead, for example, you decide to go with Rena to the dump, you are entering Onikakushi-hen. You have to keep choosing until the festival, that's when most of the arcs start. You know when they start because a poem of Frederica Bernkastel appears.
Old 2008-09-14, 09:13   Link #202
kande73

OK I REALY NEED HELP FROM ANYONE WHO HAS LAYED THIS GAME the one with the cover with rena walking with her arms out looking al awesome haha. i just got this game and modded my s2 to play it....when i use swap magic and then switch to higurashi a face of mion comes up smiling with all this japanese txt i cant understand(i figured i wouldnt be able to understand it but thats not the problem) well the screen says press triangle or circle and i dont know what to do from there so can someone please help meeee
Old 2008-09-14, 10:52   Link #203
Kets

Are there any TIPS/Poems in the PS2 exclusive arcs?
Old 2008-09-14, 11:54   Link #204
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kande73 View Post
OK I REALY NEED HELP FROM ANYONE WHO HAS LAYED THIS GAME the one with the cover with rena walking with her arms out looking al awesome haha. i just got this game and modded my s2 to play it....when i use swap magic and then switch to higurashi a face of mion comes up smiling with all this japanese txt i cant understand(i figured i wouldnt be able to understand it but thats not the problem) well the screen says press triangle or circle and i dont know what to do from there so can someone please help meeee
The problem is simple ; The game you got is the expantion version of the game ( Higurashi no naku koro ni Matsuri Kakera asobi) you need to get the first version of the game. What the game asked is to look for saved file of the previous version.
Old 2008-09-14, 12:19   Link #205
kande73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The problem is simple ; The game you got is the expantion version of the game ( Higurashi no naku koro ni Matsuri Kakera asobi) you need to get the first version of the game. What the game asked is to look for saved file of the previous version.

thank youuuu that really explains alot and i think there are only 2 games like the original matsuri and the one i bought??? correct me if im wrong
Old 2008-09-14, 12:47   Link #206
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kande73 View Post
thank youuuu that really explains alot and i think there are only 2 games like the original matsuri and the one i bought??? correct me if im wrong
In fact, there are 3 versions

The original version.

The 'improved version'.

The 'cheaper' improved version. This version is the same as the 'improved version' but you have to use together with the original version.
Old 2008-09-14, 15:17   Link #207
kande73

thank you all so much!!
Old 2008-10-08, 19:19   Link #208
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Mii~Would anyone be willing to give me a detailed sypnosis (or as detailed as you can) of Taraimawashi-hen and Tsukiotoshi-hen? I need it for a Higurashi fanfic I'm writing, so...yeh....>>"
Old 2008-10-18, 06:30   Link #209
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Are there any TIPS/Poems in the PS2 exclusive arcs?
i don't quite remember about the TIPS, but there's new Frederika's Poem in every exclusive arcs. Here's one of them

Spoiler for Poem by frederika bernkastel in Taraimawashi-hen (PS2 exclusive arc):

Last edited by kaitoein; 2008-10-26 at 08:49.
Old 2008-10-18, 08:17   Link #210
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Just a quick question. I've been planning to buy the Higurashi Matsuri for quite a while now. I do have a playstation 2, but does Matsuri work on a ordinary ps2?
Old 2008-10-18, 09:06   Link #211
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Just a quick question. I've been planning to buy the Higurashi Matsuri for quite a while now. I do have a playstation 2, but does Matsuri work on a ordinary ps2?
The PS2 is region locked so if your PS2 isn't japanese, it won't play. In order to bypass the region lock, you have two options at your disposal: mod your PS2 or get Swap Magic. I would recommend to you the second one since it's only a disc that you load into your PS2.
Old 2008-10-18, 10:09   Link #212
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
The PS2 is region locked so if your PS2 isn't japanese, it won't play. In order to bypass the region lock, you have two options at your disposal: mod your PS2 or get Swap Magic. I would recommend to you the second one since it's only a disc that you load into your PS2.
Okies, and where do I get this Swap Magic? And how exactly does it work?
Old 2008-10-18, 15:39   Link #213
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Some more questions :3 (I have a looot of questions, so I don't mess up everything when I buy the game)

Okay here we go:
There are the matsuri game right? And what chapter does just the ordinary Matsuri game contain? And in Kakera Asobi, what chapters does Kakera Asobi contain? And do I need the original Matsuri if I want to but Kakera Asobi?? And what is the different between Matsuri (ordinary), Matsuri Omochikaeri set, and Matsuri append?? I'm so confused O_O

I hope you understand my bad english ^^''
Old 2008-10-19, 00:08   Link #214
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

Quote:
Okies, and where do I get this Swap Magic? And how exactly does it work?
at your local-import game store.
well, i dont know where do you live, but this link may help you:
http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_Where_To_Buy.asp

Quote:
Some more questions :3 (I have a looot of questions, so I don't mess up everything when I buy the game)

Okay here we go:
There are the matsuri game right? And what chapter does just the ordinary Matsuri game contain? And in Kakera Asobi, what chapters does Kakera Asobi contain? And do I need the original Matsuri if I want to but Kakera Asobi?? And what is the different between Matsuri (ordinary), Matsuri Omochikaeri set, and Matsuri append?? I'm so confused O_O

I hope you understand my bad english ^^''
i've played both matsuri and matsurik kakera asobi, but not yet to played append ver.

If you have bought the original Matsuri, then you just need to buy the append version of kakera asobi and need to load matsuri's saved data when playing this version.
If you don't have the original Matsuri, then you just have to buy Matsuri Kakera Asobi (the other, not append ver.)

Spoiler for Higurashi game:

Matsuri Kakera asobi have many improvement from the original matsuri including:
-better scenario chart (in kakera asobi, you can jump to any part of the chart)
-Full Keichi Voice (in original matsuri game, Keichi only-voiced after getting into one of the chapter)
-New Movie added
-TIPS Section is voiced
-and many other.

i hope this help
Old 2008-10-19, 06:56   Link #215
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitoein View Post
at your local-import game store.
well, i dont know where do you live, but this link may help you:
http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_Where_To_Buy.asp

i've played both matsuri and matsurik kakera asobi, but not yet to played append ver.

If you have bought the original Matsuri, then you just need to buy the append version of kakera asobi and need to load matsuri's saved data when playing this version.
If you don't have the original Matsuri, then you just have to buy Matsuri Kakera Asobi (the other, not append ver.)

Spoiler for Higurashi game:

Matsuri Kakera asobi have many improvement from the original matsuri including:
-better scenario chart (in kakera asobi, you can jump to any part of the chart)
-Full Keichi Voice (in original matsuri game, Keichi only-voiced after getting into one of the chapter)
-New Movie added
-TIPS Section is voiced
-and many other.

i hope this help
Ah, I understand now^^ So I can just buy Matsuri Kakera Asobi to play all chapters (the whole game)? Thank you so much for the help
Old 2008-10-22, 19:10   Link #216
Kets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitoein View Post
i don't quite remember about the TIPS, but there's new Frederika's Poem in every exclusive arcs. Here's one of them

Spoiler for Poem by frederika bernkastel in Taraimawashi-hen (PS2 exclusive arc):
Thanks! Do you have the other two poems?
Old 2008-10-23, 11:29   Link #217
Risa chan
Watcher

actually every bernkastel's poems are here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31811
Old 2008-10-23, 12:14   Link #218
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post
actually every bernkastel's poems are here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31811
No, Kets asked for the poems for the extra arcs from Higurashi Matsuri, and those ones are not in the Frederica Bernkastel poems thread... It would be a good idea if someone put them there, though...
Old 2008-10-23, 12:35   Link #219
Risa chan
Watcher

oh i see sorry then. anyway , i think it'll be a goog idea to do another Thread for Matsuri's poems. Anyway thank you Roll for this translation ^^. I'll look for others
Old 2008-10-26, 08:32   Link #220
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Thanks! Do you have the other two poems?
Here's the other (last two) of Frederika Bernkastel's Poem from Higurashi PS2 Games

Spoiler for Poem by frederika bernkastel in Tsukiotoshi-hen (PS2 exclusive arc):

Here's another from Miotsukoshi-hen

Spoiler for Poem by frederika bernkastel in Miotsukoshi-hen (PS2 exclusive arc):

again, feel free to modify it...
Closed Thread